Blowout Cards Forums
Save big on officially licensed NFL fan merchandise at NFLShop.com

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2009, 09:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02
Default Stay away from celticg34

This is the first bad deal I've had with anyone on the board. I bought and paid for a Limas Sweed Classics Auto ($11) on Jan. 28th. After 2 weeks or so I had forgotten about it until I was cleaning out my PMs. I contacted him via PM and asked where the card was. He gave me some bs answer that he had 4 tests the week I bought the card. No excuse why he couldn't have shipped it. I said fine, just send it. He told me that it would be out in the next day or 2 and that I should be receiving it soon. Couple weeks later, no card and no response to my pm's. Just filed a paypal claim to get my money back. Its only $11 so I'm not really that mad about the money. The thing that pisses me off is him f'ing me over like this. He logs on a few times a day, so I know there is nothing wrong with him.

Oh yea, and I still haven't heard back from that d-bag on ebay. Make sure you block "prospectshop" while your blocking this guy.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:29 PM   #2 (permalink)

YEAH its $11 now but who knows how much next time? Thanks...
Old 03-05-2009, 09:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

seems like this sh#t is getting out of hand...hey and thanks for ur feedback on Lateralus seems like he's gonna be a stand-up guy and deliver on the deal albeit very slow but better slow then never...good luck with ur situation
ronlabo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

Wow, this forum is just like doing business on ebay these days. Sure is a lot of deals gone wrong lately. I hope you get your card or money back Pskell. Thanks to everyone that I have dealt with that has been a fast shipper and a fast payer.
wyomedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:51 PM   #5 (permalink)

at the way things have been going, i wouldnt trade or do deal with people with low feedback unless you get your end first. Im even on of the people with low feedback and think thats the way it should be. There have been way too many bad deals going on here recently.
1993 pinnacle Joe dimaggio autograph
2010 topps chipper Jones/ mickey mantle dual gu/50(Got)
crr9381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:08 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to deboesports

Quote:
Originally Posted by crr9381 View Post
at the way things have been going, i wouldnt trade or do deal with people with low feedback unless you get your end first. Im even on of the people with low feedback and think thats the way it should be. There have been way too many bad deals going on here recently.
i agree with you, but they cant build there feedback unless people deal with them..i only trade with people that are active on the forum, with a good number of posts unless you were in my breaks and always pay no problem
Old 03-05-2009, 10:11 PM   #7 (permalink)

im not saying not to trade with them, just make them send first. For example, if i was trading with you, i would have no problem sending first and personally think that is how it should be until i prove myself on here.
1993 pinnacle Joe dimaggio autograph
2010 topps chipper Jones/ mickey mantle dual gu/50(Got)
crr9381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:37 PM   #8 (permalink)

Hate to say it but maybe its time for some rules regarding new traders.

While Pskell will get his money back from paypal, if it were cards for cards, he'd be screwed.

Maybe new traders with under 10 feedback should ALWAYS have to send first ? Nothing against new traders but thats how other sites roll. I joined SCF recently, have 10 years with 100% feedback on fleabay and 50+ trades on here and I'd still have to send first over there.

FYI - If you're making trades, or selling you should always use D/C just for tracking and proof that you did indeed mail it out. Its only .65 or .75 more and well worth it for all transactions.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:39 PM   #9 (permalink)

If a vet is trading cards with a Noob.......I would expect the vet to recieve the cards before he sends his out.

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:42 PM   #10 (permalink)

Completely agree with you Bam. I don't think we need to go as far as some of the other sites have. A few of them actually have programs that are like "trade trackers."

This really makes me hesitant on buying/trading with new members. I think I'm going to start a policy that I will not send/pay for a card until it is in hand with new guys.

The shady deals are definitely getting out of hand here though...
Old 03-05-2009, 10:43 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjunkie99 View Post
If a vet is trading cards with a Noob.......I would expect the vet to recieve the cards before he sends his out.
I guess I am/was just too trusting of people. It was a sale though, so at least I am covered by PayPal in this case.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
ND3

In the event I trade with someone I haven't dealt with before I set the parameters of the deal. They send first. If you have a good amount of feedback here the other party should have no worries.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:58 PM   #13 (permalink)

I agree with all of the above posts. This shouldn't be rocket science but unfortunatly that is what is has had to become. Much like society, 99% of the forum follows the rules and has some integrity. The problem is the 1% that don't follow them and inturn new rules and regs are placed on EVERYONE.

On a side, unrelated note I have noticed that in the 1 year plus on this site my spelling and punctuation has become increasingly worse. I now spend more time editing my post then I do writing them.

Last edited by wyomedina; 03-05-2009 at 11:00 PM.
wyomedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:09 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND3 View Post
In the event I trade with someone I haven't dealt with before I set the parameters of the deal. They send first. If you have a good amount of feedback here the other party should have no worries.

If its someone new, I would actually click on their fleabay link and if they have excellent feedback I don't make demands except to ask for scans. I like to see what I'm buying first and foremost. If they don't have anything but a board ID, I ask for them to ship first.

That being said I don't think anyone who is new and honest would or should be offended to have to ship first. Its all part of the game and once your established your golden around here.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:20 PM   #15 (permalink)

It would be nice of the new members to build up some feedback by joining groupbreaks. This could allow them to see how many of us actually follow through and can enjoy the hobby while creating positive feedback.

I know that's how I rcv'd my first few I-traders, from there I started getting offers for some of my pulls.

Pretty simple formula and they have to fork over cash first

Sorry about your luck Patrick...BTW I still have that SP Sweed somewhere if you're interested

Collecting Brandon Phillips, Barry Larkin and Jesse Winker
Bigblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:59 PM   #16 (permalink)

I agree with everyone, and this is coming from a Noob who just joined his first break. If I trade, I would want to send first to show I am a stand up guy. If I sell, I would expect them to pay when they get whatever. Thats just my two cents about it.
Richard2276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:33 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblue View Post
It would be nice of the new members to build up some feedback by joining groupbreaks. This could allow them to see how many of us actually follow through and can enjoy the hobby while creating positive feedback.

I know that's how I rcv'd my first few I-traders, from there I started getting offers for some of my pulls.

Pretty simple formula and they have to fork over cash first

Sorry about your luck Patrick...BTW I still have that SP Sweed somewhere if you're interested
I have done several group breaks and have only gotten one feedback. I always did the once you pay you held up your end and get feedback, but if I had paid and received the cards I waited for the seller to give feed back to leave them feed back like I do on ebay. Heck maybe I should go back and leave feedback on all the breaks I have done. Maybe I will get some more back.
Poonchka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 06:31 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poonchka View Post
I have done several group breaks and have only gotten one feedback. I always did the once you pay you held up your end and get feedback, but if I had paid and received the cards I waited for the seller to give feed back to leave them feed back like I do on ebay. Heck maybe I should go back and leave feedback on all the breaks I have done. Maybe I will get some more back.
Yeah, This is a good point. Is there a "Unwritten" rule or "Written" Rule about ths iTrader function? I'm pretty new here and when I sell a card I leave Feedback immediatly after the Member has paid and I have shipped. I leave the feedback right after the confirmation PM I send to tell the Member that it's in the mail. For some reason when I purchase a card the other members aren't leaving feedback until I get the card and leave them feedback (which has all been positive at this point). I'm making an effort to leave non-bias feedback based on my true expierience but I don't think others are. What rules should I play by around here? Thanks.

Bucket: http://s575.photobucket.com/albums/ss196/Semper_Patsfan/
Semper_PatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 08:59 AM   #19 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Just like ebay, the itrader isnt a requirement. Its a tool, and when used correctly think it could be a pretty decent program.

As for trading, unless I know you and have dealt with you before, I pay with paypal for the reasons mentioned above. Screw me over, no problem, I'll file a paypal claim. Cards for cards depend on the trade. I always shipped with DC. Given using PP its all of .18 and is well worth it. You never know when/if something might get lost. Granted on a 5 or 10 buck trade, I'm not typically going to insure, but High end will always be sent insured. Much easier to know in the back of my mind that while it may cost me an extra buck or two, when the cost of things are over say 100 bucks..its a minimal cost for the peace of mind.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:58 AM   #20 (permalink)

I want to say that everyone has good intentions, but we all know that is not true. Either the person wasn't going to deliver the card and "steal" your money or card, they received a better offer from someone else once they accepted your offer or many other reasons. I deal with alot of people here on the boards and have yet to have a problem (knock on wood) but I have been hesitant many times with newbies. I will wait til I receive their DC number before I send. It's a shame because newbies have to get feedback someway, but I would be in favor of some sort of rule to protect us on this site from theft. Rob

Check me out on the Bay & COMC for special BO member deals!!!
Great Dealz Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:10 AM   #21 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Speaking of bad members...I still can't find the Marshall (or Cutler?) I had set aside for you...guess when I find it I'll put it in a better spot!...but your UD Base cards went out today.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:19 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
Speaking of bad members...I still can't find the Marshall (or Cutler?) I had set aside for you...guess when I find it I'll put it in a better spot!...but your UD Base cards went out today.
Ha! No problem at all. I keep trying to find the rest of my Boggs stash and I keep striking out. I will let you know when they arrive. Thanks! Rob

Sorry about the hi-jack!

Check me out on the Bay & COMC for special BO member deals!!!
Great Dealz Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:24 PM   #23 (permalink)

Blah. I hate to see people getting ripped off. I just did a huge trade not too long ago with someone over on YouTube that was worth well over 600 in BV. Thanksfully he was a very trustworthy guy that'd been on YouTube forever and everything went smoothly. Glad he was good enough to trust me as well because otherwise I may not have gotten such a nice card.

I haven't done much trading here, but I have done a couple and hopefully will do more, but definately hope to do a few more and build up my feedback.

HOF Auto needs (277/287): www.freewebs.com/wju2004
wju2004 is offline   Reply With Quote