Blowout Cards Forums
Baseball Prospect

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2011, 08:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Fraudulent market manipulator - Modishobbies/Nnamdi21/Shaun Modissette

I held off writing this in its entirety until now. I had made a preliminary post that regarded this issue, but didn't want to go into too much detail as I referred to the above as a friend of mine. I don't like to call out friends of mine, but I do have a problem with people who manipulate the market on cards they own, which in turn makes sellers lose time and money. I felt that since it directly happened to me, and that I had 100% proof and knowledge of it, it was my responsibility to come clean with the info at hand.

Now that the above has not responded favorably via email, nor has he showed any remorse, or even offered me any way of a solution, whether it be cancel the sale, send me money for fees, I feel confident calling him out completely as the friend label has gone completely out the window.

Shaun Modissette, as hes better known as Nnamdi21 on Blowoutcards and modishobbies on eBay, shills up copies of items he owns to inflate the market value on these cards. The 2 names being used in the examples in this post are: modishobbies (his main seller name), and: mikeyswift (private). Note, this is NOT mike swift, this is Shaun's name that he made. I do not know why he picked it, but I'd assume its a jab at swift.

For me, this all started 12/4 when I went to check the sale of my McCutchen on eBay:
ANDREW McCUTCHEN 2004 BOWMAN CHROME AUTO RC REFRACTOR BGS 9.5 GEM MINT /125 W/10 | eBay

$346! yesssss - I have sold most of these at $200-250, including 8-10 of them to Shaun at this price. I cannot believe one just went for $346! wait.... 0 feedback? mikeyswift??? oh no who is this....? So I checked the winners address:
Shaun Modissette
xxxx
xxxxxxxxxx (all 100% consistent with his real address)

God he f'd my auction.... but wait, now who is the 2nd highest bidder???? Modishobbies!??!?! Not only was the first high bid his, but so was the 2nd. The highest "real" bid was $255. (even that one is in question, that bidders name was welch8569, who bids $202, followed by modishobbies at $222, immediately followed by welch at $255 immediately followed by modishobbies again at $341.) -- Feel free to do research on that name as well, that guy buys Jordan stuff

So I checked other auctions won by Shaun under the "mikeyswift" name, and they were the following:
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...&sort=3&_rdc=1
130598991779 Nov-08-11 Nov-13-11 18:16:20 US $610.00 Philip Rivers 2004 UD SP Authentic RC Patch Auto /299 his best Rookie card
290640041999 Nov-30-11 Dec-05-11 05:12:54 US $635.00 2008 Chris Johnson Exquisite Jersey/Auto #'d 75 BGS 9
310243461812 Aug-21-10 Dec-05-11 12:44:14 US $2,995.95 01 SP AUTHENTIC TIGER WOODS RC AUTO SPA /900 BGS 9.5 10

Also there was a Tom Brady Contenders Autograph /100. None of which he paid for. Everyone who knows Shaun and does any research on Nnamdi21 or modishobbies will see he has an abundance of Chris Johnson Exquisites, as well as the Phil Rivers 17/25 SPA RC Patch Gold, and Tiger Woods SPA's.

This is concrete proof of evidence of him manipulating the market on his own cards, and stiffing buyers with the fees and time it takes to relist and try to track him down to purchase these cards.

Glad you're making money Shaun, now hopefully you can open your eyes to the market and people are you are f'ing over and deceiving.

Thanks for your time

P.S.
The card market has to be cleaned up. Also a Stafford Exquisite BGS 9 of mine was f'd up last night. I cannot stand for it anymore. So long as we let these people run rampant, we will get trampled over on their way to stealing money from us. Feel free to call more people out!
mcgahee21nfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:25 PM   #2 (permalink)

Hes also a cry baby quitter on Madden. Quit on me with 3 seconds left in the game when I kicked the winning field goal. Baby Back #@#@#@#@#@#@!!!

I know this thread is serious, but the Madden thing really pissed me off. lol.

Sorry I'm not sorry...
dmott19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:25 PM   #3 (permalink)

Well done man, I applaud you for revealing this.
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:23 PM   #4 (permalink)

That's just one of the bunch , Half of these so called sellers are doing this it is not Brain Science that's why there are records being broken in high sales in certain Random sets especially Jordan , A Handfull of guy's have achieved a mass market manipulation and do you know why ?

Because it is so easy to do and near impossible to prove !
nissandriver77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:32 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks for the Post!! What a jerk that guy is!!
Old 12-12-2011, 09:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Good for calling your so called friend out. Takes a lot to go down this road.

The sports card industry is more than a billion dollar industry that no one has taken a look at. Because of it, it goes unchecked and more importantly unregulated.

I dont know if the answer is to start a body that governs authenticity or price trending but something probably needs to be done before it runs rapant enough to the doom of collecting.

One of the biggest problems is that this industry is full of scums. LOL. THe motto, whatever it takes to make a dollar is the essence of todays marketplace.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

JORDAN....
Old 12-12-2011, 09:56 PM   #8 (permalink)

How did I know you would comment on this thread Gio lol

*Looking for Pistol Pete Maravich Autographs or other rare HOFers
SPauthentic84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:16 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPauthentic84 View Post
How did I know you would comment on this thread Gio lol
hahahahaha
Old 12-12-2011, 10:32 PM   #10 (permalink)

where is this guy from? I heard the gordon spa 10/299 was in chicago over the weekend
thenwhatjk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:15 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenwhatjk View Post
where is this guy from? I heard the gordon spa 10/299 was in chicago over the weekend
He is from CA Jeremy. He owns the 10/299 as well. I sold that to him.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:55 PM   #12 (permalink)

I always thought the Jordan Market was manipulated!! I just can't see no Finest gold refractor BGS 9 selling for almost $8k.

Sorry to hear about your Stafford BGS 9 Exquisite bro.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:12 PM   #13 (permalink)

You can add slinkster into the ring of people doing this with Shaun.

The 2 are very good friends.

Shaun bought this from Slinkster with the fake "mikeyswift" name for $2999.99.
2001 TIGER WOODS SP AUTHENTIC ROOKIE BGS 9.5 AUTO 10 | eBay

And then lists his own on modishobbies the next day for $2999.99? and it sold??? - Not sure of the buyer
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2001-TIGER-W...a#ht_500wt_990

Frauds

Last edited by mcgahee21nfl; 12-15-2011 at 05:58 PM.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
XL5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Good for calling your so called friend out. Takes a lot to go down this road.

The sports card industry is more than a billion dollar industry that no one has taken a look at. Because of it, it goes unchecked and more importantly unregulated.

I dont know if the answer is to start a body that governs authenticity or price trending but something probably needs to be done before it runs rapant enough to the doom of collecting.
It's simpler than that. eBay just needs to adjust any NPB auctions to show up as unsold. Or remove them. Not that they have any motivation to do so, but it's an easy fix.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:28 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL5 View Post
It's simpler than that. eBay just needs to adjust any NPB auctions to show up as unsold. Or remove them. Not that they have any motivation to do so, but it's an easy fix.
+Infinity here... couldnt agree more.

Raimel Tapia was born to hit baseballs
gunshowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:28 AM   #16 (permalink)

wow. boom goes the napalm.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:08 PM   #17 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

crickets...

This was a great find.. I know he shills his ass off now this..
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." -QB John Elway On Jack Lambert(1983)
wheeler281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:43 PM   #18 (permalink)

anyone ever hear from nnamdi? he has literally gone into hiding as I haven't even seen him at the local card show of late.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:07 AM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

mcgahee21nfl

You own the site HK. You also called out ebay user ID Vision 1818 for shilling and other oddities. Why is that when someone brought this up on the site you own, it gets locked and the mods warn users not to talk about it?

http://www.hobbykings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129579
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:42 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
mcgahee21nfl

You own the site HK. You also called out ebay user ID Vision 1818 for shilling and other oddities. Why is that when someone brought this up on the site you own, it gets locked and the mods warn users not to talk about it?

HobbyKings.com :: View topic - Someone Know the Ebay user vision1818
BAM he hit this one out of the park
Old 01-26-2012, 06:20 PM   #21 (permalink)

----- below is copied from other thread. no clue why I have to even answer this, to be honest. but for you OJ!-----remember the only real topic that matters, is stopping this from happening-----you have turned another thread into garbage, getting way far off topic-----this is probably why you are gone from HK-----p.s. i actually do like you, a lot-----but this shouldn't ever, happen-----glad it doesn't on HK-----for what it is worth, you didn't even give this 1 day to see how it was handled-----

The thread was clearly brought down by a moderator. He felt that it was spiraling out of control, which it was. It was locked so that we could properly analyze it and make sure the proper steps were taken. Due process.

My personal experiences come second to my responsibilities to the site. This is to make sure that nothing is overlooked, and that just because I see something one way, the rest of those involved do not see it another.

I think my feelings are pretty cut and dry, and that I would never in a million years harbor any of vision1818's or modishobbies or whoevers attacks against the hobby. Out of the countless posts I have made against patch fakers, fraud and simple injustices in general, I view it as pretty much an insult that someone who seems to take pleasure in taking it upon himself not to turn a blind eye to such, and probably even takes honor in bringing this to light, tries to burn me merely for an affiliation I have with a site you no longer agree with. What do you really have a problem with?

Really at the end of the day I don't care what you or anyone else does or says. I can only do what I know is right and keep informing people of things they should or may want to know, no matter the medium or the negative responses that come with it.

---

If you had any integrity you'd retract your posts. Saying that HK harbors this is clearly wrong. It's irresponsible of you to write knowing it isn't true in the first place, and that this thread contradicts it.

At this point, if this thread should prove anything, it should prove that you will do anything to discredit a site from which you've been banned. It means that you will undermine the justice of an entire group of people (the card world in this instance), in fighting someone who has clearly been working his ass off to let people on blowoutcards (mind you, not HK), for no personal gain at all, just because it gives you a free shot at HK. Theres a time to be upset, and theres a time to be a respectable person and tone it down for a minute, forgetting about yourself, and realizing that at this moment, theres a bigger picture. So far all I've seen is that the only picture you care about is yourself, fighting against HK.

Last edited by mcgahee21nfl; 01-26-2012 at 06:24 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:11 PM   #22 (permalink)

feel the need to bump this old thread since the user is now back to selling on here after a long hiatus following this original post
Old 11-15-2012, 12:16 PM   #23 (permalink)

Nnamdi won one of my cards two weeks ago and never paid. Interesting. THanks for the bump.

Edit***I take that back. Nnamdi was the ebay user id that won and didn't pay. Did he possibly change ids there?
raiderguy10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:22 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderguy10 View Post
Nnamdi won one of my cards two weeks ago and never paid. Interesting. THanks for the bump.

Edit***I take that back. Nnamdi was the ebay user id that won and didn't pay. Did he possibly change ids there?
sorry I'm not sure what bidder names he uses now (if any) to shill cards he owns to pump his own cards value.... i'd assume hes smart enough to not use his name and address on his fake accounts nowadays
Old 11-15-2012, 06:26 PM   #25 (permalink)

Sorry about your experience, dude...

*Sigh* its a shame to PC the guy who his username is named after...
lagalaxyfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote