Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2011, 08:39 PM   #26 (permalink)

I don't leave it until the deal is done. What happens if the buyer makes ridiculous claims about the card or something else?

Nope I don't leave it until it's done.

I also don't think it's a big deal to ask. If you want it so bad ask for it if it doesn't come to you. I ask after every transaction regardless & they nearly always shoot me feedback. Works well for me. Ask for the sale, get the sale, or in this case, "ask for the feedback, get the feedback".

MY PC NFS/NFT: http://www.zistle.com/bboi30/collections/baseball
bboi30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 02:27 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimssouvenirs View Post
If someone pays and I send them $200 for cards, then they attempt to say the package was empty, stolen, etc. etc., there is no way for me to get my feedback back. I don't want to add positive feedback to someone's resume who doesn't deserve it.
I couldn't have said it better.

I've posted this before, but:

The transaction is not complete on either end until the buyer receives their item and acknowledges being happy with it. The way they do that is by leaving feedback for the seller. Ebay has it in place for Ebay sellers to automatically leave feedback once they have received feedback from the buyer. The way the whole system is supposed to work is pretty crystal clear.

But with that said, I changed policy and started leaving feedback first awhile ago on Ebay. Makes no sense to do that, but whatever, it's Ebay which is certainly their own... unique ... place of business.

Last edited by MasterOfTheDark; 12-29-2011 at 02:38 AM.
MasterOfTheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:42 AM   #28 (permalink)
Banned

Kinda sounds like holding the buyer feedback hostage!!!
torey69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:59 AM   #29 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by torey69 View Post
Correct...Winner winner Chicken Dinner...Not a real biggie to me, But it goes to show that some people just do not give a damn about anything
saintsfan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 03:40 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
2 questions.

#1 - How can something be held hostage that isn't worth anything? Since Ebay buyers cannot get negatives, that makes buying feedback worthless.

#2 - You really believe paying for an item is all there is to being a "good" buyer? How many threads are there around here about "so-called" damage, scams, empty packages, etc? Those are all "good" buyers simply because they paid and then tried to scam in some form or another?

It's all cool on my end, I just don't understand the mentality of "I did part of my end by paying for my item, now give me my worthless pat on the head or I'll get mad about it!" stuff. Help me understand. I'm a buyer and a collector and have never cared about getting feedback from sellers because it doesn't mean anything. So what am I missing?
Old 12-30-2011, 09:14 PM   #31 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfTheDark View Post
2 questions.

#1 - How can something be held hostage that isn't worth anything? Since Ebay buyers cannot get negatives, that makes buying feedback worthless.

#2 - You really believe paying for an item is all there is to being a "good" buyer? How many threads are there around here about "so-called" damage, scams, empty packages, etc? Those are all "good" buyers simply because they paid and then tried to scam in some form or another?

It's all cool on my end, I just don't understand the mentality of "I did part of my end by paying for my item, now give me my worthless pat on the head or I'll get mad about it!" stuff. Help me understand. I'm a buyer and a collector and have never cared about getting feedback from sellers because it doesn't mean anything. So what am I missing?
I really don't think you're are capable of understanding. You do not care about feedback. I'm confused as to why you would waste your time conveying your opinion on what feedback means to you What your missing is the importance of feedback. If you don't see the benefits of feedback, you need to just go away!
If your worried about being scammed, then don't sell using the internet. It's really just that simple !!!
torey69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:55 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
I really don't think you're are capable of understanding. You do not care about feedback. I'm confused as to why you would waste your time conveying your opinion on what feedback means to you What your missing is the importance of feedback. If you don't see the benefits of feedback, you need to just go away!
If your worried about being scammed, then don't sell using the internet. It's really just that simple !!!
So because you can't answer my questions, I should go away? Nice.

I spoke up because too many people are misinformed about what being a good buyer is. Paying for an item is only part of the deal. Acknowledging receipt of the item and being pleased with the transaction is a part of the deal as well. Of course that doesn't *have* to happen, but that's exactly what feedback is (for both sides). I mean you're arguing that you did your part by paying. Well, the seller did their part by shipping. Both are even at that point. If you want to equally give feedback, cool. But to expect feedback before the transaction is complete doesn't make any sense at all.

Ebay didn't used to be this way. The system is clear. Seller puts an item up, buyer buys it, seller ships, buyer acknowledges receipt and that they are happy with the item (give feedback to the seller), seller thanks buyer for buying (feedback for the buyer). It's really simple and clear.

If you'd like to discuss this further with some actual talk, I'm all ears. But if all you've got is "I paid, gimme feedback!" with nothing to support your opinion, then we're at an impasse.

Last edited by MasterOfTheDark; 12-30-2011 at 10:32 PM.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:22 PM   #33 (permalink)

Feedback is key to all deals !
papiis01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:05 PM   #34 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by papiis01 View Post
Feedback is key to all deals !
Thank you Nick for pointing this out!
Georgia Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 06:08 PM   #35 (permalink)

What is this thread about again!!!!!
Old 12-31-2011, 07:11 PM   #36 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by peekaboo View Post
What is this thread about again!!!!!
IDK..I have a problem unerstanding the Language.." Gibberish"
Old 01-01-2012, 02:58 AM   #37 (permalink)

I for one don't care if someone doesn't leave feedback, I leave it for all my ends but if they choose not to so be it its there choice really. If i hear no complaints about the deal that is good enough for me
MenardFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:05 AM   #38 (permalink)

Saints, just a quick question for you:

Why do you care about getting feedback when you are at almost 300? People know you are a good trader, so it is not that big of a deal. I have done close to 200 deals on here. About half have recieved feedback. To me, it does not matter because people know I am a good trader.
Also want your Brook Lopez, Mason Plumlee and Deron Williams
yankeesfan24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:10 AM   #39 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesfan24 View Post
Saints, just a quick question for you:

Why do you care about getting feedback when you are at almost 300? People know you are a good trader, so it is not that big of a deal. I have done close to 200 deals on here. About half have recieved feedback. To me, it does not matter because people know I am a good trader.
It does not matter to me...What gets me is that so many don't care about being a good trader or have the common sense to follow through with a transaction...Makes you wonder that they are going through life only Half AZZ
Old 01-05-2012, 06:44 PM   #40 (permalink)

I did not know this was such an issue. I buy and sell and never have been too worried about feedback after 10+ positives.

Starting out I always left + feedback as soon as someone paid, but it is amazing how a deal can go bad when the seller has zero leverage at all. I would rather not get any feedback than to increase my odds of sending cards and having to refund money too. I almost lost $200 on an amp on eBay because eBay support saw I left + feedback. They told me not to leave feedback until the deal is done, so now that is what I do.

There is more to a "good buyer" than paying instantly, so I will not judge (leave feedback) until the deal is complete.

Do buyers leave feedback as soon as they get a DC#?

Personally, I have never had one bad experience off of eBay. That is why I try to stick with these boards to sell. Not trying to get in between anyones pissing contest, but I just wanted to give a valid reason why I do not leave feedback upon payment.

It is not always the buyer's responsibility either. Sellers can check the DC# and send a pm asking for feedback too. I just know that when I get a package in I will leave feedback, and 100% of the time that I leave feedback it is left for me.
newcardsmell is offline   Reply With Quote