Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2011, 02:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Question about Not Getting a Card when seller gave me DC

bought a card on 12/16, and it was sent out the 17th and then updated again the 18th and now its been 10 days and nada, coming from PA to ohio, what happens if it doesnt show, it was a $40 card and i dont want to throw the money away, but its not looking good for this card
bkovach06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 03:17 PM   #2 (permalink)

Wait until the new year because you have 45 days with paypal. Holiday shipping happens like this & sometimes the stuff gets sent to the wrong offices & gets rerouted to the correct location.

If it doesn't get there by say the 5th of January then you can message the seller & either get a refund for the package or go through paypal & file a claim. If you file the claim & win & then get the cards just send them back to the seller or pay him again for it & all should be good.

MY PC NFS/NFT: http://www.zistle.com/bboi30/collections/baseball
bboi30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 03:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

Sometimes #@#@#@#@ happens. I sent out a card to Gibberish and I asked him to wait a month for it to show up before I refunded him. It has never shown up at his place or my place, it's going on 7 months now. Luckily it was only a $7 or so card, but it still sucks. Sometimes the seller will just have to bite the bullet and refund you and be out the card. Of course, you're an honest guy, so if it shows up I know you'd let him know and send the $$.
Old 12-28-2011, 04:47 PM   #4 (permalink)

i was going to wait to the end of next week and see if it comes, i really wanted the card, so it sucks, but i dont want to screw the guy out of $40 but then again I dont want to lose $40 so hopefully it comes
Old 12-28-2011, 05:24 PM   #5 (permalink)

You can call the post office and put a trace on the package (number is on the website USPS.com). I had to do that for a couple of packages a couple of weeks ago that "vanished" just like yours did (got a few scans, then nada for a week). The post office did find them and get them delivered.
MasterOfTheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 06:15 PM   #6 (permalink)

for the first time in like 3k transaction I have had this happen as well where I sent a pacakge to a guy with DC, and it never got there. I tracked it and it shows the package hitting the district PO by me and then it just stops after it says processing at that sort facility. I opened a case a while back and never heard back. I have since refunded the guy, but this is crazy. Now it's at the point where if I track the package on USPS.com it says that all the information on the package is now in the USPS archives lol. Good thing it was a cheaper Topps Chrome card, man I would be pissed if this was like a relatively expensive card (I usually don't insure unless it is $500+ and have never had a problem as the DC is always sufficient, but now this has me rethinking that method)...
Old 01-02-2012, 01:25 PM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to SethMurphy

bk - this wasn't a deal with me was it?

I do so many I don't remember who I am sending to any more?

PM me if this was a deal with me please, if not ignore this post completely

PCs - Cito Culver, Ryan Callahan, Ryan Nassib college uni, Prince Amukamara autos #/25 or less, Jason Pierre-Paul, Eli Manning autos, Richter/Messier/Leetch
SethMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:00 PM   #8 (permalink)

no man, it was a different site, the card actually showed up the other day after 3 weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethMurphy View Post
bk - this wasn't a deal with me was it?

I do so many I don't remember who I am sending to any more?

PM me if this was a deal with me please, if not ignore this post completely
Old 01-03-2012, 12:05 PM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

I agree with whats said up above. Id give it as much time as possible (45 days is max) for it to show up. Does sound like the post office has lost its share of packages this year. I know a few of mine have really taken much longer to get here (semi wonder if with the cut backs they've made, they were really short staffed and couldnt handle the standard holiday mail load with the staff they had and things got backed up), but also know I've had a few show up that have seen better days. Cards were safe but lots of machine marks and in one case..thankfully one remaining shred of tape (sportlots pwe).

gotta remember some in here are referencing DC like its a package tracking code...it can work for that but thats not what it is. Its for delivery confirmation. If you really want full tracking best to use Fedex or UPS or upgrade the shipping method with USPS (registered bar none gets you to best tracking info as it must be signed and released every time its touched).