Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2012, 12:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Sick and tired of being sick and tired - time for me to rant

I dont know where to start or how to start, all I know is im ticked off. So if anyone isnt aware, im a transplant from SCF due to me telling a MOD just what I thought of him. Anyways I was there for roughly a year and a half and in that time I made over 500 trades with an extreme amount of ease. Im easy to work with, have cards that people would want and all that jazz. I come over here and its just been extremely difficult to trade cards. All people want to do here is hassle sellers over a dollar and want the sellers rock bottom prices. Well im coming to accept that, and just hope I can get a trade or two.

But thats not even what this rant is about. Its this weird trend that has frustrated me to no end that ive been dealing with lately. I trade for Colin Kaepernick, hes a 2011 rookie qb who hasnt thrown a regular season pass. He threw 5 interceptions in the preseason and his cards have seen a steady decline over the year. So needless to say, hes not worth a lot.

So the past few weeks, ive been getting these responses from potential traders...

"All I see is 'insert patch auto #'d to /5' here"
"All I can use is 'insert card I have no business asking about' here"

And on and on and on. Im reachinh a point where im going to be done with cards. Its just extremely frustrating to listen to these knuckleheads. This rant was for the true, real traders who knows exactly what it feels like to go through this time and time again.

-RJ
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:50 PM   #2 (permalink)

Be done then RJ, this hobby is only frustrating if you let it be.
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
Be done then RJ, this hobby is only frustrating if you let it be.
I try and not let it be, and this is the only place I've ever experienced this level of frustration. Like I'm stuck on an island of misfits who are only out to get over on another trader. That's frustrating.
Kendrick Lamar
Old 01-02-2012, 01:23 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to SethMurphy

This site has grown to a size that sometimes it is tough to weed through the junk to find the quality traders/buyers/sellers.

Everyone wants something for nothing, but if you take your time you will find the people who are going to make good deals with you.

Hang in there RJ

PCs - Cito Culver, Ryan Callahan, Ryan Nassib college uni, Prince Amukamara autos #/25 or less, Jason Pierre-Paul, Eli Manning autos, Richter/Messier/Leetch
SethMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 02:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

It's why i rarely trade. Easier to sell my non PC cards to obtain some. People want my 30 dollar card for their 5 dollar card.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 02:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I love this site and don't care to venture onto others even though I do have accounts on others. With that being said, honestly, that is the way this site is. I once posted a case break for sale across multiple boards and I was quite amazed by the general responses I was getting on the different sites.

Overall on site 1. I got nothing but, what can you do on this, what can you do on that, whats your bottom dollar on this, whats your bottom dollar on that. Will you take X, will you take Y. On site 2. I seriously was basically only getting people saying, I'll take this, I'll take that, etc. no hassles, no nothing just straight up buying. On site 3 I was kind of getting a little mix.

My point being each site's members kind of go about things differently. Just the way it is. Sometimes it sucks but I have learned you just have to learn to say no thank you and move on if you don't get an offer to your liking.
dthimesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 02:17 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeMan12406 View Post
I try and not let it be, and this is the only place I've ever experienced this level of frustration. Like I'm stuck on an island of misfits who are only out to get over on another trader. That's frustrating.
I'm sorry man but I do not see it that way here. I have made tons of trades that have been of great benefit to myself and to the other person. I have had members send me free cards to help me complete sets and I have tried to mirror that good example. Sometimes the "book value" of the stuff I send exceeds the "book value" of the stuff I get, but so what. I didn't really want the stuff anyway, and instead got something I will more enjoy. Sometimes it was worked out the other way. I guess maybe my view is different since I collect purely for my love of the NY Giants and the NFL and care little about "values" and "investment".

Rants like this are not going to make other traders see you in a favorable light either, and some may then view yo uas a "difficult trader" and may not deal with you as readily.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:45 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
All people want to do here is hassle sellers over a dollar and want the sellers rock bottom prices.
Quote:
Best price DLVD for the Rice patch and the Gerhart NT patch. Thanks

-RJ
Oh, sweet irony. And you posted that comment after you made this thread.
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 02:55 PM   #9 (permalink)

In my opinion the Blowout Boards are the best. There is a distinct personality on these boards with all of the Cheapskates, Smart Arses, Wanna be Mall Cops, Vast hobby knowledge, etc. This board is primarily self policing and has little tolerance for scammers or whiners.

Trading is just not very big on these boards. If you want people interested in making $8 BV trades in Bubble Mailers I would suggest The Bench. I am not picking on The Bench, but for me it is not worth spending the money to ship in Bubble Mailers unless is a sizeable trade.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Selling wise here, I have made a lot of easy sales. No hassling. Which I like.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Well there is always the option of leving and not coming back. They you won't be so frustrated.

Rule of thumb.....You have crap...your trading partner has the best card ever made.....and he wants 50% more intrading value..

OR you could stop whining.....start trading relationships with members and ALWAYS give them 1st crack at what you get of their teams.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:46 PM   #12 (permalink)

Originally Posted by FreeMan12406
All people want to do here is hassle sellers over a dollar and want the sellers rock bottom prices.

Quote:

-RJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
Oh, sweet irony. And you posted that comment after you made this thread.

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaha...Love it The "HOBBY'S" greatest trader is a hypocrite
From the Halls of Montezuma To the shores of Tripoli; We fight our country's battles In the air, on land, and sea; First to fight for right and freedom And to keep our honor clean; We are proud to claim the title Of United States Marine.
ronlabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:58 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronlabo View Post

Quote:

-RJ

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaha...Love it The "HOBBY'S" greatest trader is a hypocrite
Didn't see that one coming?
Old 01-02-2012, 06:15 PM   #14 (permalink)

Some people on this site are notorius lowballers. Avoid them or put them on ignore and they will go away literally. It is never gonna change. I had an item that ends for 20+ on ebay all the time. The last 5 went for 22+. I had this item and someone on this board wanted it. I sent him the last five completed auctions on Ebay. Like I said the last 5 ended 22+. I was only asking 16 dlvd. He offered 4, yes 4 dollars.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:31 PM   #15 (permalink)

For all of those talking crap about what I posted in that guys thread...he listed that shipping discounts would be given for multiple card delivered but failed to mention what those would be. That's what I was asking about.

Nice to see though some people stalking me.

-RJ
Kendrick Lamar
Old 01-02-2012, 07:42 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
For all of those talking crap about what I posted in that guys thread...he listed that shipping discounts would be given for multiple card delivered but failed to mention what those would be. That's what I was asking about.

-RJ
Dude get the chip off your shoulder!

No one is "stalking" you. You open a thread practically blasting th board as a group and you expect no negative reactions?

What do you want, an "Oh, we are so sorry, here have some free 1/1's and Superfractors?"

For every trade I do there are probably four that the other party and I can't come to terms on or that one of us just doesn't have anything the other wants/needs. There are guys I have traded with more than once and have also had deals that we just couldn't make. I don't have anything against them. I don't begrudge the fact that they said no. It's not like they HAVE to trade just cause I offer.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:47 PM   #17 (permalink)

The moral to this story has turned out to be that you should have been nicer to the SCF Mods.

Quote:

-RJ
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:57 PM   #18 (permalink)

Wow dude...you are the biggest cry baby I have ever seen on this forum...

Doesn't it seem weird to you that you complain constantly....maybe it's you...

PC: Zach Ertz Philadelphia Eagles
Divino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:17 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divino View Post
Wow dude...you are the biggest cry baby I have ever seen on this forum...

Doesn't it seem weird to you that you complain constantly....maybe it's you...
Thought this guy was?

Last edited by pmannings#1fan; 01-02-2012 at 08:20 PM.
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:20 PM   #20 (permalink)

So after all of this he's suspended. LOL
Old 01-02-2012, 08:21 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
Some people on this site are notorius lowballers. Avoid them or put them on ignore and they will go away literally. It is never gonna change. I had an item that ends for 20+ on ebay all the time. The last 5 went for 22+. I had this item and someone on this board wanted it. I sent him the last five completed auctions on Ebay. Like I said the last 5 ended 22+. I was only asking 16 dlvd. He offered 4, yes 4 dollars.
I would've given you at least 5.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:22 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
I dont know where to start or how to start, all I know is im ticked off. So if anyone isnt aware, im a transplant from SCF due to me telling a MOD just what I thought of him. Anyways I was there for roughly a year and a half and in that time I made over 500 trades with an extreme amount of ease. Im easy to work with, have cards that people would want and all that jazz. I come over here and its just been extremely difficult to trade cards. All people want to do here is hassle sellers over a dollar and want the sellers rock bottom prices. Well im coming to accept that, and just hope I can get a trade or two.

But thats not even what this rant is about. Its this weird trend that has frustrated me to no end that ive been dealing with lately. I trade for Colin Kaepernick, hes a 2011 rookie qb who hasnt thrown a regular season pass. He threw 5 interceptions in the preseason and his cards have seen a steady decline over the year. So needless to say, hes not worth a lot.

So the past few weeks, ive been getting these responses from potential traders...

"All I see is 'insert patch auto #'d to /5' here"
"All I can use is 'insert card I have no business asking about' here"

And on and on and on. Im reachinh a point where im going to be done with cards. Its just extremely frustrating to listen to these knuckleheads. This rant was for the true, real traders who knows exactly what it feels like to go through this time and time again.

-RJ
Just learn to relax. I turn down a hundred trade offers on here before I accept one. It's not a huge trading site for people like me. However ya look at someone like Papiis01 and he does hundreds of transactions a year. Obviously there is a trick to it. Maybe you should inquire with him about how he manages.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:30 PM   #23 (permalink)

So he told off a Blowout Mod?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
So after all of this he's suspended. LOL
Old 01-02-2012, 09:07 PM   #24 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
So he told off a Blowout Mod?
No Thread Bumping
Old 01-02-2012, 09:11 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
No Thread Bumping
Well ya got love his intensity anyway I guess.