Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2012, 11:11 PM   #76 (permalink)

somebody just go beat the living #@#@#@#@ out of this guy, I know its a crime but its very deserved.

If you live close you have all his info and he has none of yours and will have no idea who will be doing it, just sayin.
matt roberson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:12 PM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidthekidc87 View Post
I just really beg of everyone to file a civil suit against him
Not sure if internet forum PMs would count as a legal contract regardless if there's offer and acceptance because you would have to prove that the person who entered into the contract is the person you are trying to bring suit against.

Best case scenario you get a judgement and a lien against him for the value of the card? If he is a minor you get nothing as minors can not legally enter into a contract.

Not that I'm defending him in anyway because he is a scumbag, just saying might want to save your $25-$35 and chalk it up to a learning experience.
hmmdecloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:12 PM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt roberson View Post
somebody just go beat the living #@#@#@#@ out of this guy, I know its a crime but its very deserved.

If you live close you have all his info and he has none of yours and will have no idea who will be doing it, just sayin.
That only works on episodes of Texas Walker Ranger.

Do NOT take heed of this advice. Keep yourself out of legal trouble and let the authorities handle him. It will happen.
ninjacookies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:19 PM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmdecloth View Post
Not sure if internet forum PMs would count as a legal contract regardless if there's offer and acceptance because you would have to prove that the person who entered into the contract is the person you are trying to bring suit against.
Oh yes. Yes it would. Because authorities will cross check it to IP tracing in each and every case, which would lead them back to his ISP...which in turn would coincide with the mailing address to which he specified.

In any case, the person who 'received' the card at this address in these multiple cases obviously had to be aware of this scheme, as they would have returned/refused acceptance. Obviously, if someone keeps receiving high end sportscards in the mail and isn't a sportscard collector, then it will set red flags, no?

Civil cases are MUCH easier to win, as well...as you do not have to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt like in criminal cases.

In any event, to all those who have been scammed from this individual...here is a great place to start. If they receive enough complaints, the FBI DOES investigate.

Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) | Home
Old 01-04-2012, 11:35 PM   #80 (permalink)
Banned

I got robbed online of $1100 (laptop) and the US Gov't -- secret service-- that was assigned to the case told me every six months I'd get my money back, until eventually, after 3 years, they said the guy was in prison, had no money, and it appeared I, and 17 others, would get nothing back. Therefore, don't feel so bad if you lost the Griffey Jr.
REDSOX2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:45 PM   #81 (permalink)

^^ all the more reason why he should file the civil case locally ASAP

If I were him, and this guy literally lived 30 minutes away, I wouldn't even hesitate. Even if he did turn around and sell the cards quickly, he obviously is still taking refuge in some sort of house...and will have to be held financially responsible for the price of those cards, even if he has to forcibly sell the clothes off his back or make monthly payments for the rest of his life or face court subpoena.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:56 PM   #82 (permalink)

So...if he conned me over a year ago, is a Civil Suit still possible?
burke23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:54 AM   #83 (permalink)

What was his excuse there officer

What was his excuse officer?
starmente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:05 AM   #84 (permalink)
Banned

first it was the post office was closed when he got done work, then it was his wife mailed it out but forgot to get DC
Sidthekidc87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:08 AM   #85 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by burke23 View Post
So...if he conned me over a year ago, is a Civil Suit still possible?
you have to check the statute of limitations (based on the crime) in the state in which you'd be filing suit

a knock on the con-artist's door with a nice aluminum Easton could be a faster solution, however...and you might even have a little fun while you're at it?
Old 01-05-2012, 01:09 AM   #86 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidthekidc87 View Post
first it was the post office was closed when he got done work, then it was his wife mailed it out but forgot to get DC
tell him you heard the arsonist in LA just moved to his neighborhood. leave it at that.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:10 AM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSOX2011 View Post
you have to check the statute of limitations (based on the crime) in the state in which you'd be filing suit

a knock on the con-artist's door with a nice aluminum Easton could be a faster solution, however...and you might even have a little fun while you're at it?
A TPX would probably be better
jrodlc08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:18 AM   #88 (permalink)
Banned

I officially filed my case against him

It was pretty easy for anyone also looking to file a court case

Just had to go the local court house, got directions for a complaint form and filled out a service form, then just filled them both out and mailed one copy out to Robert (the scammer), and one copy was sent to whatever judge is on duty.

I think he has something in the neighborhood of 1 business week to resolve the conflict otherwise were meeting in court

easy as pie.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:19 AM   #89 (permalink)

hahaha this is really getting intense huh?

all in all, sidthekid if you are a cop and show up at this doorstep that will really set him straight
2012 Absolute Russel Wilson NFL JSY Auto /299
Laxbam619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:20 AM   #90 (permalink)
Banned

Also, heres a list of every states statute of limitations

Chart: Statutes of Limitations in All 50 States | Nolo.com

It would be under written contract
Old 01-05-2012, 01:23 AM   #91 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxbam619 View Post
hahaha this is really getting intense huh?

all in all, sidthekid if you are a cop and show up at this doorstep that will really set him straight
oh of course; clowns like this make me SICK

I deal with some real bone heads during my shifts - drugees, gang members, shop lifters....but nothing gets under my skin more than people who take advantage of others

Luckily I live in a very lively town so things move quickly

I told him Id see him in court and civil cases are so easy to file I would have been a fool not to get one going

THERE IS NOTHING I CAN NOT STAND MORE THAN SLIME BALLS LIKE THESE

Well now Im sure he will appreciate the court order, which he should receive this week
Old 01-05-2012, 01:56 AM   #92 (permalink)

Im rooting for you! But you're going to have to prove he received the cards, and the other people he scammed won't matter since this case only involves you...Do you have proof he got the Griffey other than just circumstantial evidence?
Cubs_rock21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:10 AM   #93 (permalink)

If you check the baseball B/S/T/ thread, dean3cobain55 is trying to trade a Harper Green Refractor redemption.
Bryce Harper Bowman Draft Green Boarder Redemtion
Old 01-05-2012, 05:02 AM   #94 (permalink)
zep

IMPERSONATING A PUBLIC SERVANT OR LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER - 2C:28-8

New Jersey 2C Criminal Code

2C:28-8. Impersonating a Public Servant or Law Enforcement Officer
2C:28-8. Impersonating a public servant or law enforcement officer.

a.Except as provided in subsection b. of this section, a person commits a disorderly persons offense if he falsely pretends to hold a position in the public service with purpose to induce another to submit to such pretended official authority or otherwise to act in reliance upon that pretense.

b.A person commits a crime of the fourth degree if he falsely pretends to hold a position as an officer or member or employee or agent of any organization or association of law enforcement officers with purpose to induce another to submit to such pretended official authority or otherwise to act in reliance upon that pretense.

L.1978, c.95; amended 2000, c.110.
zep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:34 AM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zep View Post
IMPERSONATING A PUBLIC SERVANT OR LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER - 2C:28-8

New Jersey 2C Criminal Code

2C:28-8. Impersonating a Public Servant or Law Enforcement Officer
2C:28-8. Impersonating a public servant or law enforcement officer.

a.Except as provided in subsection b. of this section, a person commits a disorderly persons offense if he falsely pretends to hold a position in the public service with purpose to induce another to submit to such pretended official authority or otherwise to act in reliance upon that pretense.

b.A person commits a crime of the fourth degree if he falsely pretends to hold a position as an officer or member or employee or agent of any organization or association of law enforcement officers with purpose to induce another to submit to such pretended official authority or otherwise to act in reliance upon that pretense.L.1978, c.95; amended 2000, c.110.
So even if he isnt a cop and he is saying that he is, does it matter since he isnt trying to get someone to submit to pretended authority? I could be totally wrong because I am no lawyer or anything close to it.

Either way, the way he is approaching it is the same way any regular person would approach it, whats the big deal if hes a cop or not. He is helping us all out by filing a civil case and warning us of the the scammers new forum name.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:37 AM   #96 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to avjp87

so this guy isn't a cop???

nice
Old 01-05-2012, 08:20 AM   #97 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by avjp87 View Post

nice
zep seems pretty certain he isnt a cop. I personally have no clue if he is a cop or not.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:23 AM   #98 (permalink)
zep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokie22 View Post
So even if he isnt a cop and he is saying that he is, does it matter since he isnt trying to get someone to submit to pretended authority? I could be totally wrong because I am no lawyer or anything close to it.

Either way, the way he is approaching it is the same way any regular person would approach it, whats the big deal if hes a cop or not. He is helping us all out by filing a civil case and warning us of the the scammers new forum name.
Warning people is one thing, lying like a rug is another

It's called a lack of credibility. He also managed to file a civil claim sometime between the hours of 6PM and 1AM while stating he went to the courthouse to do it? Before that, he got his package recalled - so there's no basis for him to file a civil claim anyway.

Too many holes, not enough doughnuts

cool thread though
zep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:33 AM   #99 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by avjp87 View Post

nice
when he posted his name, i searched, and there were no cops under his last name... i live in NJ too and if i searched for a cop i know, i always get at least one article in the local news, even for desk cops... and especially cops of 20 years, as the OP had stated earlier. so yeah.... most likely not a cop... otherwise he would not have to file a civil suit, just show up @ the guys door would have done the trick. if a cop came to my door and demanded a card, i would be like, which one and how high do you want me to jump.

or you could call the scammers work-

Jersey Central Power & Light Company
(JCP&L)
VWBUS1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:39 AM   #100 (permalink)

i dont think he's a cop. just his way of trying to spook the guy...
festus is offline   Reply With Quote