Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2012, 09:46 AM   #101 (permalink)

Who cares if he is a cop or not? Clearly the intended target is a scammer so it's not like he is making a false claim in that regard. Whether he is or isn't is irrelevant, it draws people who got scammed and are embarrassed out of the shadows and attempts to get them to take action instead of sitting on their butt. Had the suggested actions been done prior then a lot of people probably wouldn't of gotten taken.

Attacking the victim is fairly silly.

I understand wanting people to be truthful in situations like these but you've got to consider the intent of untruthfulness. I would say if he is being untruthful on this subject he isn't benefiting in anyway, its been confirmed by other members they have been scammed by that person at that address.

Get real.
jeffro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:05 AM   #102 (permalink)

victim's are helpless and more often than not in an unavoidable situation that makes them victims.... this situation was totally avoidable by the OP doing his due dilligence. never send PWE, never send gift payments, never send without DC. or at least search the name of the guy who was making the trade to you to see if any red flags pop up... they all take minutes to do.

Robert Donahue2 Sepulga DrBrowns Mills, Nj 08015 - Bing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Who cares if he is a cop or not? Clearly the intended target is a scammer so it's not like he is making a false claim in that regard. Whether he is or isn't is irrelevant, it draws people who got scammed and are embarrassed out of the shadows and attempts to get them to take action instead of sitting on their butt. Had the suggested actions been done prior then a lot of people probably wouldn't of gotten taken.

Attacking the victim is fairly silly.

I understand wanting people to be truthful in situations like these but you've got to consider the intent of untruthfulness. I would say if he is being untruthful on this subject he isn't benefiting in anyway, its been confirmed by other members they have been scammed by that person at that address.

Get real.
VWBUS1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:26 AM   #103 (permalink)

Default Hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWBUS1978 View Post
victim's are helpless and more often than not in an unavoidable situation that makes them victims.... this situation was totally avoidable by the OP doing his due dilligence. never send PWE, never send gift payments, never send without DC. or at least search the name of the guy who was making the trade to you to see if any red flags pop up... they all take minutes to do.

Robert Donahue2 Sepulga DrBrowns Mills, Nj 08015 - Bing
The fact that someone is naive doesn't make them less of a victim. You are 100% right that the missed steps that would of ensured he couldn't have been scammed, however that doesn't make him less of a victim.

If I pull out a hand full of hundred dollar bills in the middle of crack city and get robbed I'm still a victim. Maybe a stupid naive one, but a victim of a CRIME none the less.

If your point is, be safe, use protection and don't have this happen to you... Then we agree, but don't take it further and blame a guy who did nothing wrong but use bad judgement which last time I checked isn't a crime but is costly... But... Still the VICTIM of a crime.
jeffro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:44 AM   #104 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronlabo View Post
I thought something was funny here dean33corbain55 and this guy are the same, when I bought the Cam from him this card was also in his showcase becuase I was going to try and work a deal for both cards and if you look both sellers are from South Jersey. kind of suprises me that he is crooked because I have done many deals with him none on-line but all in person at the Bordentown, NJ Card show he sets up there every month!

CAM NEWTON 2011 Certified FABRIC OF THE GAME "PANTHERS" PATCH "08/10" ! | eBay

After seeing this http://www.facebook.com/people/Rob-Berg/1381620954 I think you got this one wrong Labo. Maybe Berg is selling off the evidence to guys like Ted and Kyle because neither of them look like this dude. What a douche.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS

Last edited by BAMBAM; 01-05-2012 at 11:02 AM.
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:18 AM   #105 (permalink)

Man, I don't care if he's a cop or not, this is the most civil thread on dealing with a scammer that I think I've ever seen. I hope this guy finally gets what he deserves and is unable to continue coming on here with new names scamming people. I'll never consider making high-end trades with anyone with 0 iTrader on here after seeing so many people fall victim to the same guy in a small period of time.

On a related note, could someone explain to me the difference between filing a civil case and filing something like a mail fraud case with USPS? I was scammed on ebay back in June (by my own bad judgement and sending a check) and I did the mail fraud thing, but didn't know there was an option of a civil case. Are you only guaranteed getting your money back if enough people file a civil case and law enforcement goes after them? I only lost $35 so I wouldn't be making anything back really after the cost of filing, but if getting money back is a real option it'd be worth it to piss them off XD.
DaBaddestHic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:47 AM   #106 (permalink)

When dealing with a low or zero feedback member during a trade, they obviously need to send first. That shouldn't have to be said.

When two people with low or no feedback have a high-end deal going, they need to agree upon a trusted escrow party to handle both packages. Cards could be scanned at the escrow point, then placed back into the envelope and sent.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:54 AM   #107 (permalink)

This thread made my morning! LOL thanks I think i'm going to go have a donut
Old 01-05-2012, 12:07 PM   #108 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
When dealing with a low or zero feedback member during a trade, they obviously need to send first. That shouldn't have to be said.

When two people with low or no feedback have a high-end deal going, they need to agree upon a trusted escrow party to handle both packages. Cards could be scanned at the escrow point, then placed back into the envelope and sent.
Best. Advice. Ever. One would hope this kind of thing would be common sense.

Edit: I realized that sounded kind of rude with the common sense thing. Didn't mean it that way. Totally suck that OP got ripped off, I feel for you man.

Last edited by heyironhead; 01-05-2012 at 12:17 PM.
heyironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:18 PM   #109 (permalink)
Banned

Mkes me think hes the same guy scammed me out of my Chris Johnson auto RC's during his 2000 yard season when his card were sky high. 3 CJ autos including SPX patch auto /25 for $250 and they made me send first on scf and he claimed he got package with no cards in it. username was jets360.
JamiMadrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:47 PM   #110 (permalink)

Hey guys - unfortunately I did a deal with this guy and sent out my cards yesterday

That said, I went to the post office today and I filled out an Application for Recall of mail (Form 1509). The local PO supervisor faxed it for me to Browns Mills, NJ (where the guy had me send to) and we called the Browns Mills PO and spoke to their supervisor. If ANYBODY has sent him something in the last day or two, PLEASE do the same. Luckily I caught this thread before any of my stuff got to New Jersey - fingers crossed that the PO can follow through and intercept the package.

Btw - ask for Carol at the Browns Mills PO (609-893-2497), she is the supervisor over there.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:45 PM   #111 (permalink)

This guy scammed me last year :/ One of the threads previously mentioned was mine. I filed a complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) in June and they still haven't done anything about it so good luck trying to get your cards back. Hopefully you win the case against the bastard and he finally will get the punishment he deserves. If there is anything I can do to help as a fellow victim, let me know. I'd be happy to help.
-Ant

I PC: Los Angeles Lakers, New England Patriots, and Paul George!
avessicchio22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:50 PM   #112 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Classic

Post this in the baseball subforum - so anyone that should see it wont

Wrong user name its not dean33cobain55 its dean3cobain55

Never notify a moderator - so this crap continues

Or bother to leave negative itrader - to help protect your fellow forum members.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:10 PM   #113 (permalink)

Sorry man - tried posting it in the basketball forums myself.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:35 PM   #114 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
Classic

Post this in the baseball subforum - so anyone that should see it wont

Wrong user name its not dean33cobain55 its dean3cobain55

Never notify a moderator - so this crap continues

Or bother to leave negative itrader - to help protect your fellow forum members.
iluvfish this same guy has been scamming for a good year now, with the same address

As far as Im concerned, notifying you is useless, considering the board has allowed this to go on for a year, ultimately allowing this guy to steal thousands of dollars worth of cards

I have nothing but respect for the mods, since they take their time to do the forum, but for gods sake - ban the Ip address.

I lucked out, considering my card was worth thousands.
Sidthekidc87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:56 PM   #115 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidthekidc87 View Post
iluvfish this same guy has been scamming for a good year now, with the same address

As far as Im concerned, notifying you is useless, considering the board has allowed this to go on for a year, ultimately allowing this guy to steal thousands of dollars worth of cards

I have nothing but respect for the mods, since they take their time to do the forum, but for gods sake - ban the Ip address.

I lucked out, considering my card was worth thousands.
When you leave appropriate iTrader, then anyone who is dealing with him via pm's or seeing his posts will see that he has a negative. Not everyone will see this thread, no matter if it's posted in every section on this forum. This guy is obviously a seasoned scammer and if it was as easy as him using the same IP, he wouldn't have gotten back on here. We do our best to prevent scammers from returning but there is only so much you can do for an online forum. He could be logging in from the local library or a friend's house...banning IP alone doesn't guarantee that he doesn't come back on a different IP. Community awareness is one of the best defenses we have.

Thanks

ps. and notifying the mods would definitely help so that we can ban him before someone else sends out some cards
admin_blowoutcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:57 PM   #116 (permalink)

just talked to the p.o. in Browns Mills--tried to put a hold on my package--he picked up 3 packages today including mine--I guess I'm out about $1200 in stuff

I trade by BV
mpekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:57 PM   #117 (permalink)

Just got back from the post office! Hopefully my package gets headed off and back to me I will also be leaving bad feedback!
Old 01-05-2012, 06:51 PM   #118 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWBUS1978 View Post
when he posted his name, i searched, and there were no cops under his last name... i live in NJ too and if i searched for a cop i know, i always get at least one article in the local news, even for desk cops
You don't need to find an article. All NJ public employees (along with their salaries) are listed online:

Pension active 2010 - although this link says "Pension 2010", it includes active employees and gets updated regularly by the Star Ledger.

Personally, I couldn't care if this guy is a cop or not.
zeeropointzeero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:06 PM   #119 (permalink)
Banned

Search Robert Cohen. It's my moms family name and the name I use for employment, school, and all other official things

I do this because my mother got her government job for the national defense before she was married, so every government I.d. She has has Cohen on and her entire family (Cohen name) is part of the government.

As a college student I wanted to become part of the CIA....international business an the presumption was that having my legal last name as Cohen would increase my chance for employment due to connections.

It was only after my son was born I started going by Bethell because my father passed away, and we wanted to continue the Bethell name. So now I go by Robert Bethell.

Very confusing - its always a hassle when we are at airports or using credit cards or I.d

Anyway, can we please get off my occupation. From now on just assume I'm joe the plumber, considering I'd like this topic to stay focused on the scammer.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:29 PM   #120 (permalink)

Originally Posted by dean3cobain55
You know whats funny, since we are talking about past cards and crystal balls. I must have owned 5, YES 5 Brady Contenders auto's...Sold them before he amounted to who he is now. I also remember selling 6-7 Romo sp authentic autos in my 5$ box at card shows. Talk about kicking my self in butt on those! Yes I could do that trade, so it would be the following:

Lebron James X-fractor bgs 9.5
for
Aaron Rodgers Tc Gold auto

Also I will ship with dc, insurance and make sure it is properly packaged!

Matt Cobain
2 Sepulga Dr
Browns Mills, Nj 08015

That was the info he provided me when he thought he thought I would be naieve enough to send without being paypal protected.

And lawl@his forum account still being active and him being currently online and browsing the forums. I won't even comment on that.
ninjacookies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:10 PM   #121 (permalink)

Our trade started as a simple 2 for 1 type trade and it eventually expanded to this (at his suggestion) before I pared it back. Guess I should have been way more suspicious at this point but hindsight is 20/20:

Lebron sp authentic lettermen auto
Kobe gu
Jordan FLAIR ROW 0 BGS 9.5
Jordan Flair Row 2
Jordan emotion intense 9.5
MJ Topps Chrome 9.5
Lebron rc sp authentic auto
MJ Fleer All-Star 8.5
MJ Famous Nicknames 9.5
MJ Flair anticipation 9.5
Jordan legacy gu /23
mj bowmans best mirror image 9.5
mj sp playoff heroes 9.5
Baron Davis / Russell Westbrook GS Dual Auto
Drose bowman auto non gu
Rose nt timeline gu
rose destination stardom 9
Drose soph auto
Drose spx gu
Drose Nt Collassal gu
6 way game used jordan etc..

For:

KD Chronology 26/35 (beautiful card)
DRose TC Auto BGS 9.5 112/145
04-05 Kobe exquisite patch auto /100 3 clr patch
Kobe EXQUISITE ENSHRINEMENTS AUTO /25
Drose tc ref bgs 9.5 (non auto)

Let me know how far off we are or if we are very close, I was doing some numbers and we actually are right on. Believe it or not your trading up very nicely!
Old 01-05-2012, 08:25 PM   #122 (permalink)

Great thread. My question is, why are members researching the person reporting the scammer? Seems like a tremendous waste of time, while the focus should be on this scam artist. Is it just to stir stuff up for the thread? Again, it seems pointless. Great job reporting this person Sid. I don't care if you are a cop or not. You're aces brother for trying to crush this jerk.

Also, to the mods...no disrespect at all but IMO, The IP should be blocked because this person has shown a continual disregard for everyone else and still is currently trying to scam. Yes he can use the net from other places, but I'd say that's immensely more difficult than just creating a new user name. Something to think about. This scammer should be taught a lesson.
CollectorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:40 PM   #123 (permalink)
Banned

I just got done chatting on the phone with him for about 20 minutes

Its a flat out shame - he sounds like a genuine good guy who knows hes being the biggest dickhead in the world.

He said he was sorry and said hes sending my card back.

Do I believe him? I dont know

But he knows that if I dont receive it by monday things will get ugly.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:46 PM   #124 (permalink)
Banned

I will keep updating you guys with all the calls and contact we have
Old 01-05-2012, 08:47 PM   #125 (permalink)

^^ lol.

Genuine good guy who's scammed thousands of dollars of cards from multiple people over the past year or so? Okay.

I wish you luck, but at this point...that's like hoping for someone who broke into your car to mail you back your wallet and stereo system.

Perhaps he might make good with you because he fears you're local, but that doesn't detract from the fact there are tons more that have been taken from him which he'll never take accountability for unless there's a cop at his door.
ninjacookies is online now   Reply With Quote