Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2012, 07:49 PM   #126 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
^^ lol.

Genuine good guy who's scammed thousands of dollars of cards from multiple people over the past year or so? Don't see how that's remotely possible.

I wish you luck, but at this point...that's like hoping for someone who broke into your car to mail you back your wallet and stereo system.
I was saying his tone of voice makes him sound like a good guy

Hes not a good guy; just sounds like one

the art of scamming
Sidthekidc87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:50 PM   #127 (permalink)

I'm still in disbelief on how he's using his actual mailing address and real name to con all these people???

He's not only a scammer, but one of the dumbest ones out there.

That's like robbing a bank and leaving your drivers license at the crime scene; on purpose.
ninjacookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:54 PM   #128 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollectorMan View Post
Great thread. My question is, why are members researching the person reporting the scammer? Seems like a tremendous waste of time, while the focus should be on this scam artist. Is it just to stir stuff up for the thread? Again, it seems pointless. Great job reporting this person Sid. I don't care if you are a cop or not. You're aces brother for trying to crush this jerk.

Also, to the mods...no disrespect at all but IMO, The IP should be blocked because this person has shown a continual disregard for everyone else and still is currently trying to scam. Yes he can use the net from other places, but I'd say that's immensely more difficult than just creating a new user name. Something to think about. This scammer should be taught a lesson.
Pretty sure all of his IP's would be banned by now.
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:00 PM   #129 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
Pretty sure all of his IP's would be banned by now.
Well, if you use a dial up service you continuously get different IPs.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:02 PM   #130 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Well, if you use a dial up service you continuously get different IPs.
Not always.

With cable you generally do get dynamic IPs.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:13 PM   #131 (permalink)

They can ban whatever they want, he can/will find a way to be back.

This is nothing more than a costly lesson for some in common sense. I know it's brutally harsh, but as a buyer...you should know how to protect your investments...especially in this day and age with an ailing economy. People have a hard enough time avoiding being scammed on ebay through paypal protection, so just sending some arbitrary person hundreds of thousands worth of cards with zero protection at all is just non-sensical. You send a card to someone with no forum feedback with the trust that he'll send at the same time, and you've pretty much subtly implied that you're willing to be scammed. (very similar to those Nigerian scam email schemes)

Again, I hope all that were conned by this monster get reparations.
ninjacookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:20 PM   #132 (permalink)
Banned

My question is - people who got scammed as well....why would you just simply give up on it?

Anybody who takes something from certainly we never be left alone until I get what was stolen back
Old 01-05-2012, 08:23 PM   #133 (permalink)
Banned

I mean I really hope I get my card back - my son got me the box I pulled it from for christmas, and I was just trying to get a newton for him....it was an extremely nice act by him.

Do i believe that he will actually send it? I want to If he does I certainly will thank him for owning up to his mistakes and being a man...

we'll see

pretty stupid though that someone would rather keep a 120 dollar card and face a civil court case, as well as a bunch of other legal consequences.

We'll see....im hoping

Last edited by Sidthekidc87; 01-05-2012 at 08:25 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:29 PM   #134 (permalink)
Banned

And for the record...im not holding my breath for that card. Really don't think Im getting back through a mail

But Im prepared to take this as far and deep into his family and household as I have to to get it back.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:30 PM   #135 (permalink)

Sid - please leave iTrader for him so others know that guy is a scammer.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:36 PM   #136 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zep View Post
Warning people is one thing, lying like a rug is another

It's called a lack of credibility. He also managed to file a civil claim sometime between the hours of 6PM and 1AM while stating he went to the courthouse to do it? Before that, he got his package recalled - so there's no basis for him to file a civil claim anyway.

Too many holes, not enough doughnuts

cool thread though
Of course there no donuts ,if hes a cop he ate them all
Old 01-05-2012, 08:38 PM   #137 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to avjp87

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
Of course there no donuts ,if hes a cop he ate them all
Hi yo!!!!!!!!
Old 01-05-2012, 08:46 PM   #138 (permalink)

$1,200 worth of stuff??? What in the Wide, Wide World of Sports were you thinking mailing somebody that much value? I just do not get why people would take those kind of chances. I get squeamish trusting people that I do not know on a message board with $20 of my hard earned money. Use a third party for trades of that magnitude. I hope that you have great fortune and the crook sends you back your cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpekar View Post
just talked to the p.o. in Browns Mills--tried to put a hold on my package--he picked up 3 packages today including mine--I guess I'm out about $1200 in stuff
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:16 PM   #139 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidthekidc87 View Post
And for the record...im not holding my breath for that card. Really don't think Im getting back through a mail

But Im prepared to take this as far and deep into his family and household as I have to to get it back.
Hey man - while you're at it, maybe you can try to push this guy to return the cards that he has conned off of the folks on this message board (especially the ones he probably still has from the last day or two)? You're not under any obligation to do so, but might as well help a few other folks out since you may have gotten through to him. Luckily, it looks like I might have saved my stuff - however, my happiness is pretty tempered by the fact that several others on here weren't so fortunate.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:54 PM   #140 (permalink)

ok guys he messaged me as well saying if my package did get to him he would send it back the same day so I guess we will see!
Old 01-06-2012, 01:00 AM   #141 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
$1,200 worth of stuff??? What in the Wide, Wide World of Sports were you thinking mailing somebody that much value? I just do not get why people would take those kind of chances. I get squeamish trusting people that I do not know on a message board with $20 of my hard earned money. Use a third party for trades of that magnitude. I hope that you have great fortune and the crook sends you back your cards.
I am agreeing with this. I am skeptical dealing with people unless they have been on the forum for a good amount of time. I understand things happen sometimes but its always the same people, always. I have found some great members on here to deal with and I stick to dealing with them. I may lose out on some stuff I want but I know I would never get ripped off. Ronlabo, man in the mirror, black and gold, ND3, saintsfan67, georgiabulldog,Wilsonsingles, TJSCT, coltsfan23, pico,sacgwynn, mikecuh, minnesota (nathan),mufasa, sethmurphy,bigbenbff the people who are around all the time are the people you can trust. Its the people that pop in and out, dont log in for months at a time, dont respond to pms, dont send timely payments, those are the people I avoid. Just pay attention on the board and its pretty self explanatory who the problem people are.

Last edited by cking; 01-06-2012 at 02:23 AM.
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:06 AM   #142 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
I am agreeing with this. I am skeptical dealing with people unless they have been on the forum for a good amount of time. I understand things happen sometimes but its always the same people, always. I have found some great members on here to deal with and I stick to dealing with them. I may lose out on some stuff I want but I know I would never get ripped off. Ronlabo, man in the mirror, black and gold, ND3, saintsfan67, georgiabulldog,Wilsonsingles, TJSCT, coltsfan23,papiis, pico,sacgwynn, mikecuh, minnesota (nathan),mufasa, sethmurphy,the people who are around all the time are the people you can trust. Its the people that pop in and out, dont log in for months at a time, dont respond to pms, dont send timely payments, those are the people I avoid. Just pay attention on the board and its pretty self explanatory who the problem people are.
Why thank you Crystal and i totally agree with what you stated.
Georgia Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 02:16 AM   #143 (permalink)

Bad Boys Bad Boys, whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do when they come for you, Bad Boys Bad Boys
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:34 AM   #144 (permalink)

So, just to join the crowd here I was in the process of a deal with this guy as well. Thankfully I asked him to send the cards first so I'm not out anything. I knew my deal was going to be too good to be true! Just thought you might want to see the communication on my trade with him. The below is broken out into each communication I got from him during our negotiating. The last communication I got from his is the first one listed. Here you go, ENJOY:

dean3cobain55 -

Bryan, I will get them out to you tomorrow, no need to explain! Thanks again

2 Sepulga Dr
Browns Mills, nj 08015

Just need yours
Also I will ship with priority mail, dc and insurance!

Everything besides the little top to bottom centering on the brady is the only flaw. The Dalton Finest, Newton tc auto and green/dalton were just freshly pack pulled! I also have no problem if you are unhappy with the cards to pay for shipping to return that. I know that is not going to happen because I ok them and I dont like messed up/ off center/ or dinged cards!

I'm not able to have my phone at work. Only on down time. I could add the Dalton finest. So it would be

Dalton/Green Red Auto /5
Cam Newton Topps Chrome Auto
Tom Brady Fleer Autographics
Dalton Finest
for
Ponder auto
and Cutler /10 auto

Just if you can let me know asap someone is interested in the dalton/green dual but you have first dibs and would like the cards you have to offer!
I could do this
The Ponder
&
The Cutler

for
either lot 1
(1) Dalton/Green Red Auto /5
(2) Cam Newton Topps Chrome Auto
(3) Tom Brady Fleer Autographics

Lot 2
(3) Tom Brady Fleer Autographics
(5) Aaron Rodgers Topps Pristine Auto

Sorry about that, not sure why it misled you!

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

If trading im interested in the Ponder Absolue auto, cutler 9.5 auto, bush ag auto, hamilton auto and demmarco murray auto please check out my bucket when you have a chance! Thanks Matt

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket
also check my ebay store!

Yu Darvish Bowman Auto BGS, BGS A&G Auto & Bryce Harper BGS A&G Auto
TexexZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:43 AM   #145 (permalink)

One more thing to note. I noticed no one on here contacted the eBay person that had the same username that the scammer was using most recently, dean3cobain55. I felt it was important to do that because we are all online a lot and a bad name here can hurt you on other forums/websites(i.e. eBay) due to word of mouth. Any way I contacted the guy this morning and he said he lives like 15 minutes away from the scammers address. Guess we will see if anything happens...
TexexZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:12 PM   #146 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
Yeah, I know. I'm usually more careful than that. I had recognized the username as a guy that I've bought quite a few items off of on ebay, so that is who I thought I was dealing with. Didn't catch the difference in the address until after I mailed it as there was a lot going on at home/work and I wasn't as vigilant as I should have been. I did call him last night and he acted like he didn't know what I was talking about, so I guess I'll have to go the other route.

I trade by BV
mpekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:15 PM   #147 (permalink)
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpekar View Post
Yeah, I know. I'm usually more careful than that. I had recognized the username as a guy that I've bought quite a few items off of on ebay, so that is who I thought I was dealing with. Didn't catch the difference in the address until after I mailed it as there was a lot going on at home/work and I wasn't as vigilant as I should have been. I did call him last night and he acted like he didn't know what I was talking about, so I guess I'll have to go the other route.
File a civil case
Old 01-06-2012, 06:08 PM   #148 (permalink)

I am Big John. I just signed up for this forum today because I got a phone call from a guy in Texas telling me what happened. I have an ebay store Big John's cards and collectibles with the handle dean3cobain55. I also have 100% feedback and I do mostly buying on ebay( check for yourself). I am sorry that this guy ripped everyone off but it was not me. I do not live in Browns Mills. I do card shows in Jersey, Del, and Pa. I have been doing shows for about 14 months. I have never ripped anyone off in my life. I would like to join in on filing a report with people because this guy has caused me grief for no reason at all. Please feel free to message me on ebay if you have any questions.

thanks
Big John SOA
anyone that sees me knows SOA is for Sons Of Anarchy i always have on a SOA shirt or hat

Also, I do not drink or have any kids. Sadly I do not have any of the cards this guy claims to have

sorry to keep writing but this is driving me nuts. in this thread I notice his handle was dean33cobain55. Mine is dean3cobain55.
Big John SOA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:53 PM   #149 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big John SOA View Post
sorry to keep writing but this is driving me nuts. in this thread I notice his handle was dean33cobain55. Mine is dean3cobain55.
Yes but he linked your eBay account to his page
Old 01-06-2012, 09:16 PM   #150 (permalink)

You should edit the title of this thread since the guy's username here is dean3cobain55, only one three.
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote