Blowout Cards Forums
Labor Day

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2012, 01:35 PM   #51 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhsportsguy View Post
This issue should never have been brought up in a thread.
You think it's farfetched for me to want a refund? I paid for a card. I never got the card. This is not a positive transaction. I don't know what happened but the fact is I don't have the card. The seller was refusing to refund and even claimed that the mods here were siding with him. So what else could I do? As you see the seller HAS YET to be named, I am not out for blood, just wondering what others think on the situation. My apologies for bringing it up on a public forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhsportsguy View Post
Leaving a negative would be the most wrong thing that has occurred with this transaction and I truly hope if you do leave one, a mod will remove it; the seller did nothing wrong or shady.
The seller is leaving me as an unhappy customer. Maybe not negative worthy but I would hope it would matter somewhat. Guess this is how you learn who to deal with and who not to deal with. Luckily I have dealt with hundreds of great, stand-up members before and after this one.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:36 PM   #52 (permalink)

What I like about ManInTheMirror is that he wears his emotions on his sleeves. If it is at all possible to get to know someone by reading their posts on this nutty forum, I would say Eric is a Renaissance Man. Additionally, he wants to believe the world is fundamentally a good place, and that people are fundamentally good at heart. That's why he can't believe that someone doesn't trust him after all the good that he's shown on this forum.

If I were the seller, I'd refund him 100%, or at least 50% if he agreed to that. But that's just me.

But there's lots of people who don't like people like me. They'd cheat me out of a dime if they could. They wouldn't swerve out of the way to avoid hitting me with their car. Or worse yet, there's some that would probably kill me if they wouldn't end up in jail for doing it.

I think that's why there's laws in this world. And one of those laws is that if a DC# shows delivery, then the sellers wins an "item not received" case. Sometimes the laws aren't right, sometimes they are. But we gotta try and live with them or else we have a world where people are running each other over with cars all the time...
Old 01-12-2012, 01:36 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
I get where paypal stands. I truly do. But I was more wondering what we as Blowout would do, being that this occured here. Do I leave a negative? Do I just lose the money? I get that it's he said she said so that leads me to believe that if I leave a negative it would just be removed. But does he deserve a negative? He did his part, he sent. The error was probably not on him (being a postal error). I tend to believe that a negative would be due. It makes you think, you can complete a deal with anyone and pull the zip code trick and get away with it completely. Also, this makes it hard for any seller to ever want to take a person's word that they didn't receive and issue a refund. Why bother, when nothing would ever be done if you didn't issue the refund.

I sent a member in Hawaii a card that was almost $200. This same issue occured, the DC showed delivered but even 4 days later still no card anywhere. I was already getting ready to refund him. Guess I wouldn't have had to technically. But I would have anyway.
People get suspended for thread bumping but Alex did not get suspended for what he did so nothing surprises me anymore. This is leaving the flood gates open for scammers. Thats why the the last month or so has been scammer thread after scammer thread. They read the feedback section, see what they can get away with and bam, there you go. New scam with no consequences.

Last edited by cking; 01-12-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:39 PM   #54 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlazarevich View Post
If I were the seller, I'd refund him 100%, or at least 50% if he agreed to that. But that's just me.
Alex, first off I thank you for the kind words and you really do have a firm grasp on me as a person with your points. I just wanted to note on the part quoted above. If he had offered me a 50% refund I would have gladly taken it. He is not fully at fault here but for him to show an inkling of caring would have meant the world. Anything other than "FU".
Old 01-12-2012, 01:42 PM   #55 (permalink)

MITM,

Did he send it using he paypal mailing system? If he sent the card using the ebay or paypal mailing system wouldn't there be a record of the address it was sent to?

I lost a card 6 months ago. I have a locked mailbox and the package was scanned delivered. Funny thing was it was scanned at 7 am and mail does not get to my house until 4pm. I contacted the P.O. and was told that when it is scanned delivered it is mine. Due to rules, employees can be questioned but not blamed. Although I have a lock on my mailbox I was told sorry, but its like someone breaking into your house and stealing it after it was scanned. I even got to talk to postal law enforcement who said its likely it got mis delivered and kept by whoever it got to. I was told that even if it was insured (and it was not) they would likely pay the sender and not me, but did not really have to since the scan acts as proof of delivery to my address. They told me it was not their problem, but they were sorry. I learned a $200 lesson.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:44 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
I get where paypal stands. I truly do. But I was more wondering what we as Blowout would do, being that this occured here. Do I leave a negative? Do I just lose the money? I get that it's he said she said so that leads me to believe that if I leave a negative it would just be removed. But does he deserve a negative? He did his part, he sent. The error was probably not on him (being a postal error). I tend to believe that a negative would be due. It makes you think, you can complete a deal with anyone and pull the zip code trick and get away with it completely. Also, this makes it hard for any seller to ever want to take a person's word that they didn't receive and issue a refund. Why bother, when nothing would ever be done if you didn't issue the refund.

I sent a member in Hawaii a card that was almost $200. This same issue occured, the DC showed delivered but even 4 days later still no card anywhere. I was already getting ready to refund him. Guess I wouldn't have had to technically. But I would have anyway.
taking people at their word is a hard thing for most people. i've seen this happen several times (even to myself) and it's almost guaranteed a PO error somewhere at delivery.

it's not just a crappy situation for you. it's a crappy situation for a seller who sold something that shows delivered and would now be out both card and $.

personally i would refund you but i would have a hard time refunding someone that i didn't know very well.

there should be a resolution but it's up to seller

you're crossing this into morals and taking this personally which i think is a bad approach (even though that's what it boils down to)
Old 01-12-2012, 01:45 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
What I like about ManInTheMirror is that he wears his emotions on his sleeves.
I wear stains in my underwear.

Currently hoarding mountains of cards that I should be trading.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:46 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
What I like about ManInTheMirror is that he wears his emotions on his sleeves. If it is at all possible to get to know someone by reading their posts on this nutty forum, I would say Eric is a Renaissance Man. Additionally, he wants to believe the world is fundamentally a good place, and that people are fundamentally good at heart. That's why he can't believe that someone doesn't trust him after all the good that he's shown on this forum.

But there's lots of people who don't like people like me. They'd cheat me out of a dime if they could. They wouldn't swerve out of the way to avoid hitting me with their car. Or worse yet, there's some that would probably kill me if they wouldn't end up in jail for doing it.

I think that's why there's laws in this world. And one of those laws is that if a DC# shows delivery, then the sellers wins an "item not received" case. Sometimes the laws aren't right, sometimes they are. But we gotta try and live with them or else we have a world where people are running each other over with cars all the time...

I normally refund if this situation comes up. I think maybe 1 or 2 I told them to go through the Buyer Protection claim.. They never opened a case - and I always wondered why...

Now, the only reason I ever told those 2 people to do that, was purely based on their actions and communications. They way they treated me, made me not want to help them at all. I have over 4,000+ transactions and not one negative.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Old 01-12-2012, 02:01 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemur01 View Post
I wear stains in my underwear.
We all do... but I wear dark undies so it doesn't show up.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:16 PM   #60 (permalink)

That really sucks. I hope you get something out of it.

-RJ
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
Old 01-12-2012, 02:21 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
You think it's farfetched for me to want a refund? I paid for a card. I never got the card. This is not a positive transaction. I don't know what happened but the fact is I don't have the card. The seller was refusing to refund and even claimed that the mods here were siding with him. So what else could I do? As you see the seller HAS YET to be named, I am not out for blood, just wondering what others think on the situation. My apologies for bringing it up on a public forum.

The seller is leaving me as an unhappy customer. Maybe not negative worthy but I would hope it would matter somewhat. Guess this is how you learn who to deal with and who not to deal with. Luckily I have dealt with hundreds of great, stand-up members before and after this one.
Maybe just leave a neutral? You certainly can't give positive feedback for this experience, but leaving a negative in the face of evidence of delivery confirmation doesn't seem fair either. By leaving a neutral, a pattern of questionable behavior can be tracked much easier by the forum.

That being said, I doubt the seller is trying to pull a diabolical scheme for 15 dollars. We all know that the postal service isn't perfect, it would make more sense to chalk it up to a mistake on their part.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:06 PM   #62 (permalink)

I had something similar happen to me on Ebay a while back. Bought a box of UFC cards. Seller shipped and showed delivered. I never got it. Waited a week. Still nothing. Filed a claim with paypal. Instant loss. But seller was cool and refunded me half. Almost a month to the day after it all started a neighbor knocks on my door and says they just moved in and my box was between their storm door and front door. Have faith it will show up.

No feedback is warrented. Not a negative for sure. Seller did not do anything wrong.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:25 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
MITM does not have what he paid for and you are jumping on him. I dont get that. Eric is a stand up guy. I am so sure of it I will make this offer to the seller. Refund Eric his money and I will send you the 15 dollars and when and if his card shows up Eric can pay me. Thats how sure I am of the fact that Eric is a stand up guy.
I never said he wasn't a stand-up guy. What I was implying was this: don't use your feedback as leverage over another person who is not clearly in the wrong. Eric was expressing his disgust that his 400+ feedback didn't get him anywhere.

It's a USPS screwup, what's new? The seller could be a good guy (remember kids, he isn't obligated to) and refund the money until the package shows up, but he chose not to.

Here is some big red text for you. You seem to like it.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:27 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufasa View Post
I had something similar happen to me on Ebay a while back. Bought a box of UFC cards. Seller shipped and showed delivered. I never got it. Waited a week. Still nothing. Filed a claim with paypal. Instant loss. But seller was cool and refunded me half. Almost a month to the day after it all started a neighbor knocks on my door and says they just moved in and my box was between their storm door and front door. Have faith it will show up.

No feedback is warrented. Not a negative for sure. Seller did not do anything wrong.
I just have to ask... Did you pay the seller back half of the money?
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Old 01-12-2012, 05:23 PM   #65 (permalink)

I always find that filing a complaint online with USPS will get things rolling faster than talking to the post master.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:36 PM   #66 (permalink)
Banned

Honestly you can't say the seller did any wrong, so why neg him?
Old 01-12-2012, 05:56 PM   #67 (permalink)

mitm - sucks bro, but seller did everything right

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebear29 View Post
Why do farts smell worse in the shower?

To answer this important question: It's because flatulence atomizes with the steam, creating a lasting wafting effect that permeates through the poop laden air

I call it delicious

God Bless!
Old 01-12-2012, 06:03 PM   #68 (permalink)

OMG LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! im happy to know the answer to that now!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-12-2012, 06:08 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipmaster View Post
mitm - sucks bro, but seller did everything right

To answer this important question: It's because flatulence atomizes with the steam, creating a lasting wafting effect that permeates through the poop laden air

I call it delicious

God Bless!
Your old avatars were the things dreams were made of... The new one just makes me cry.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Old 01-12-2012, 06:11 PM   #70 (permalink)

Why do farts smell?

So the deaf can enjoy them too!
Old 01-12-2012, 06:35 PM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by My-Coolectibles View Post
Why do farts smell?

So the deaf can enjoy them too!
What's a fart? I've never heard of such a thing.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:50 PM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
Ask seller if he made the label through paypal shipping.
Or you can check in your paypal and you will probably be able to tell.

If he did then it show's delivered. What do you expect the seller to do? His tracking showed delivered.

Maybe the carrier transposed the numbers while delivering.

I get 3-5 items a year that are not addressed to me. Usually when a sub carrier is involved but it does happes.

It's pretty arrogant to think seller should refund because that is what YOU would do. I would probably do the same thing but you can't expect people to do things your way.

I had a friend that was sending mail to our house about 5 years ago as she was moving. She filled out a change of address form and I've told my mail man multiple times we don't need to receive her mail anymore and we still receive it. I also could've had a package that was suppose to be delivered to my neighbor the week of christmas that was from 1 Foxboro Place which is the NE patriots. But I can't stand the Patriots so I returned it,but could've kept it.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:29 PM   #73 (permalink)

Not that it really matters but I've had a situation were I purchased something off of eBay. The seller sent with delivery confirmation and at the time I was unemployed so I was able to receive everyday from the mail carrier directly. I knew that the item I had ordered was going to be delivered because early in the am the DC# said "out for delivery". The mail came (I received it directly from the mail carrier) and there was no eBay item. I checked the delivery confirmation and it said "delivered". I contacted neighbors, the post office & carrier. Nobody could tell me where it was. Almost 1 month later to the day in my mailbox shows the dvd I ordered. Despite the mail saying it was delivered a month prior. Just saying sh*t happens. I'll also add that I did not contact the seller because I know (from being a member here) that sometimes the p.o. just sucks and you have no idea what happens. I simply waited, granted it was only a $13 purchase but still.

Last edited by 7290morint; 01-12-2012 at 07:43 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:51 PM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post
Your old avatars were the things dreams were made of... The new one just makes me cry.
Hey dude, I preferred your Emo kitten, but what the #@#@#@#@ do I know? Now you're just advertising you're a lush :P

And BTW: That avatar WAS my wife. Lovely jewel she is

Last edited by chipmaster; 01-12-2012 at 07:58 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:05 PM   #75 (permalink)

So what is the point of a seller buying delivery confirmation if a buyer is going to want the money back even when it shows as delivered? Maybe it was stolen from your box, and how would the be the sellers fault? I see absolutely zero reason why a buyer should be refunded when tracking CLEARLY shows it was delivered. Its the sellers job to get it to the address and thats what he did. I doubt many people would have even made such a stink over $15.