Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2012, 08:24 PM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomike View Post
Seems very unlikely that the parcel could have arrived at your post office, gotten sorted, loaded onto your carrier's truck, and then delivered to you all within 34 minutes as the tracking indicates. Also, if the times on the tracking indicate your local time, it also seems unlikely you'd be getting mail delivered at 9:30am unless you are one of the very first stops your carrier makes. I used to be the the 3rd stop on my carrier's route at my old place, which was about 100 yards from the post office and I rarely got my mail that early (though on occasion I did).

All in all, it looks like a USPS mistake to me.
Your answer is right here. There is no way the package arrived at the PO and was then delivered to you 30 minutes later.

Buying Brandon Hughes (OSU/Chargers) Auto's and low numbered cards.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:39 AM   #77 (permalink)
Banned

dude paid for the card and didnt get it. its sellers responsibility to see that the card is delivered. the dc number doesnt confirm a damn thing. all it confirms is that a package might have been delivered to a random mailbox in the buyers zip code. seller is 100% responsible.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:12 AM   #78 (permalink)

BUT DOES THE VALUE HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE ACTIONS TAKEN?

*sorry, couldnt resist*
Old 01-13-2012, 08:21 AM   #79 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
That has been my opinion all along. The thing is I don't have the card. As far as I thought, it was on the seller to get the card to the buyer. I guess that is not true.

Mike is right, this is a USPS issue. You really can't say it's a sellers responsibility to get you the card when the card has a DC# and it shows that it reached the sorting facility in your area then shows delivered 34 minutes later.

The seller did his job. It is really up to you to contact the post office and ask WTF Something is not right and it is a USPS issue.

Seller shouldn't have to refund or receive a negative.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
Old 01-13-2012, 08:24 AM   #80 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonSportsCardForum View Post
BUT DOES THE VALUE HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE ACTIONS TAKEN?

*sorry, couldnt resist*
That is a damn good point. People say/are thinking "oh it's just $15". Well what if it was a $500 purchase? Also I was trying to point out earlier that yes I spent $15 but the card is apparently worth more than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino5084 View Post
Mike is right, this is a USPS issue. You really can't say it's a sellers responsibility to get you the card when the card has a DC# and it shows that it reached the sorting facility in your area then shows delivered 34 minutes later.

The seller did his job. It is really up to you to contact the post office and ask WTF Something is not right and it is a USPS issue.

Seller shouldn't have to refund or receive a negative.
Let me run this by you (and everyone else). Everyone is so hung up on the fact that it says "delivered" What is your stance on if it just suddenly stopped moving during transit? Let's say it got hung up in Colorado or wherever and the package was never to be found? Should I get a refund then? Both cases it's a postal error so I can't find a difference to make one situation refundable and the other not.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:27 AM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
Alex, first off I thank you for the kind words and you really do have a firm grasp on me as a person with your points. I just wanted to note on the part quoted above. If he had offered me a 50% refund I would have gladly taken it. He is not fully at fault here but for him to show an inkling of caring would have meant the world. Anything other than "FU".
This is something I would have done as well unless, of course it was an expensive card. Then it would have had insurance on it. I feel it is important to keep customers happy. As the old saying goes. A happy customer tells 1 or 2 people about their experience and unhappy customer tells at least 15 people about their experience, In this case a few thousand.

I still believe the seller has done their job and does not deserve a negative or should he have to refund anything.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
Old 01-13-2012, 08:33 AM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:
That is a damn good point. People say/are thinking "oh it's just $15". Well what if it was a $500 purchase? Also I was trying to point out earlier that yes I spent $15 but the card is apparently worth more than that.

Let me run this by you (and everyone else). Everyone is so hung up on the fact that it says "delivered" What is your stance on if it just suddenly stopped moving during transit? Let's say it got hung up in Colorado or wherever and the package was never to be found? Should I get a refund then? Both cases it's a postal error so I can't find a difference to make one situation refundable and the other not.
If it gets hung up in the postal service I feel that the seller should take some responsibility and contact the postal service as well.

We don't know who the seller is so everyone is saying how Eric is such a great guy, but how do we know the seller isn't as well, and if it was found to be that they were an excellent member of this community would some be saying "I'll send the refund because so and so is a trustworthy guy and that's how much I trust him"

The seller should be investigating as well but he did his part and can show that he sent the item and it reached your city and shows delivered. This is a much different issue than being held up in Colorado and should not be considered the same.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
Old 01-13-2012, 08:38 AM   #83 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to avjp87

so who is it Eric?
Old 01-13-2012, 08:40 AM   #84 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
The seller should be investigating as well but he did his part and can show that he sent the item and it reached your city and shows delivered. This is a much different issue than being held up in Colorado and should not be considered the same.
So basically it comes down to if a person wants to believe me when I say I never got it. Well that is fine. The thing is this is the internet and apparently it's hard to earn trust. I trust a good number of people on here and I know they would never wrong me. I have yet to be wronged by anyone I trust on here. Another thing is I could probably sell the card right now and make a $10 profit. So I really have no reason to lie, let alone the fact that I would not lie about receiving a card anyway.

I just know that, for example you marino, if I sold you a card and I had a DC # showing delivery but you were telling me you never got the card I would refund you. I do get why a person may be hung up on taking someone's word. Not to jump to far here but I really do think we should learn to trust each other and be able to take each other's word. Scammers are exposed quickly and it's obvious if someone is trustworthy or not. papiis is exclusive IMO being that he is a kid. Adults show their true colors and I like to think I have shown mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avjp87 View Post
so who is it Eric?
Everyone has said that the seller is not in the wrong. So there really is no reason for his/her name to be known.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:43 AM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
This is something I would have done as well unless, of course it was an expensive card. Then it would have had insurance on it. I feel it is important to keep customers happy. As the old saying goes. A happy customer tells 1 or 2 people about their experience and unhappy customer tells at least 15 people about their experience, In this case a few thousand.

I still believe the seller has done their job and does not deserve a negative or should he have to refund anything.
I agree totally if buyer pays for a card his part of the deal is complete, seller mails card properly protected with D/C his part of the deal is complete (Bottom Line) really it's a simple as that. Post office "F"s up unfortunately buyer needs to take action with the Postal Service.

As it's been said a few times and not sure why this is so hard to understand "why should the seller be out his card and also refund back $15" he gets a double whammy on the deal. It's not the sellers responsibility to ensure that the P/O doesn't screw up the delivery....period!!! So IMO seller should not have to issue a refund or be given a negative.

Now with all that being said, I as a seller would offer some kind of resoultion to the buyer whether it be a replacement card, partial refund, or some other mutual agreement as good C/S goes a long way...again seller in this incident held up to his part of the deal and the Post Office did not!
From the Halls of Montezuma To the shores of Tripoli; We fight our country's battles In the air, on land, and sea; First to fight for right and freedom And to keep our honor clean; We are proud to claim the title Of United States Marine.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:50 AM   #86 (permalink)

Quote:
So basically it comes down to if a person wants to believe me when I say I never got it. Well that is fine. The thing is this is the internet and apparently it's hard to earn trust. I trust a good number of people on here and I know they would never wrong me. I have yet to be wronged by anyone I trust on here. Another thing is I could probably sell the card right now and make a $10 profit. So I really have no reason to lie, let alone the fact that I would not lie about receiving a card anyway.

I just know that, for example you marino, if I sold you a card and I had a DC # showing delivery but you were telling me you never got the card I would refund you. I do get why a person may be hung up on taking someone's word. Not to jump to far here but I really do think we should learn to trust each other and be able to take each other's word. Scammers are exposed quickly and it's obvious if someone is trustworthy or not. papiis is exclusive IMO being that he is a kid. Adults show their true colors and I like to think I have shown mine.

Everyone has said that the seller is not in the wrong. So there really is no reason for his/her name to be known.
Well where's the fun in that?
Old 01-13-2012, 08:56 AM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:

Eric you did not quote the part where I said I would most likely do a partial or something to take care of my customer as well. I too wish to trust people first.

I am not saying you are lying and can not be trusted. I am saying that the card shows it has been delivered and it has nothing to do with trusting you. This is a USPS issue and both parties should be involved in the investigation as to what happened.

Remember, their is a person on the other end of this deal. This thread is all about you being taken care of. What about the seller? What if you were the seller? What would you honestly do if this happened to you? It's a difficult situation. It is $15 instead of $100 and I would take the hit hoping that everything was on the up and up. If it was $100 I would not be so quick to offer anything without a complete investigation.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
Old 01-13-2012, 09:01 AM   #88 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Remember, their is a person on the other end of this deal. This thread is all about you being taken care of. What about the seller? What if you were the seller? What would you honestly do if this happened to you? It's a difficult situation. It is $15 instead of $100 and I would take the hit hoping that everything was on the up and up. If it was $100 I would not be so quick to offer anything without a complete investigation.
I've already answered these questions, many times over. I more than understand he/she is not at fault and that is why I would be more than willing to accept a refund of half of what I paid, to soften the blow to both of us. I have already said if I were the seller I would issue a full refund.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:05 AM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:
I've already answered these questions, many times over. I more than understand he/she is not at fault and that is why I would be more than willing to accept a refund of half of what I paid, to soften the blow to both of us. I have already said if I were the seller I would issue a full refund.
Cool. Sorry I didn't read every post.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
Old 01-13-2012, 09:17 AM   #90 (permalink)

For what it is worth, I had this happen to me on one occasion. Seller shipped with DC, DC said it delivered to Buffalo, NY but no card had delivered to 107 South Pontiac St. I waited a couple days and went down to the neighbors at 107 Pontiac St as Pontiac and South Pontiac are divided by a cross street and serviced by the same mail carrier.....they had my package and were planning on dropping it off in my box the day I came down to ask. Seller would have won the paypal case should I had filed as DC did show it was delivered to Buffalo, NY but it was indeed delivered to the incorrect address. That is why any deal I make I always emphasize SOUTH Pontiac for my address.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:18 AM   #91 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

Sorry to hear Eric. Just gonna have to chalk this one up as a loss man. I would side with the seller at this time.. Now you know if you really want to make sure you are gonna have to negotiate signature confirmation for 2.75. Which is nothing for peace of mind. Good Luck man
Old 01-13-2012, 12:00 PM   #92 (permalink)

MIM, has the seller shown you the receipt for the mailing transaction? Does it have your address on it? Has anyone in your area recently become aware of your card collecting?
Check out my photobucket by clicking on my homepage in the drop down list under my username. Looking for any Twins cards I don't have, and Mickey Mantle refractors that I don't have. I will trade for bait, on occasion. 2011 Topps Chrome auto set completed!!
Old 01-13-2012, 01:03 PM   #93 (permalink)
Banned

again/. IT IS THE SELLERS RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE SURE THE BUYER RECEIVES HIS END OF THE DEAL.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:20 PM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWOWOLFPACK View Post
again/. IT IS THE SELLERS RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE SURE THE BUYER RECEIVES HIS END OF THE DEAL.
But the DC# number says it did arrive... Let's remove Eric from this whole problem. He is just another face in the crowd. All I as a buyer has to go off of is the DC # - it says he received it. How do I know that he isn't lying? Honestly, how do I know as a seller that I am not being scammed? Paypal is going to side with me under Seller Protection - so they must also see something here in the sellers favor also.

Again - this is not against Eric, this is a very plain and in general comment. Putting anyones feedback aside - how does a seller really know if the buyer got the card or not, when the DC # says it has been delivered? Prove to me it hasn't been delivered. You really can't prove this. It's all he says, she says and when it comes to factual evidence - the only thing both parties have is a DC # that shows delivered.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Old 01-13-2012, 01:32 PM   #95 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Good news:

I just went and checked the mail, knowing that he would have came by now. So as I'm walking up getting ready to put my key in the slot I hear a vehicle coming up from behind. It's my mailman, and he is coming kinda fast. So I wonder, "He is just getting here? Nahhh" so I put my key in and yes he has already delivered the mail. As he pulls up I walk past and he says "You are 2642 right?" I said yea and he handed me the package.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:36 PM   #96 (permalink)

Glad to hear that bud.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:31 PM   #97 (permalink)

Very cool MITM.

I think the USPS rocks. Occasionally you get these packages that go missing for weeks, sometimes months. But in sending more than 2K packages in the last year, I haven't had a single one that didn't get there eventually. And 99% are delivered right on time. Amazing how they do it.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:35 PM   #98 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlazarevich View Post
Very cool MITM.

I think the USPS rocks. Occasionally you get these packages that go missing for weeks, sometimes months. But in sending more than 2K packages in the last year, I haven't had a single one that didn't get there eventually. And 99% are delivered right on time. Amazing how they do it.

Not if sending from Philadelphia.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:03 PM   #99 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWOWOLFPACK View Post
again/. THE SELLER DID

Eric glad to hear man
Old 01-13-2012, 04:56 PM   #100 (permalink)

OK, Paypal will side with the buyer in this transaction. the reason being, is the seller cannot prove the buyer EVER received card. Delivery confirmation is NOT enough proof according to Paypal. A seller could easily write a fictitious address (likely PO Box) to the buyers zip code, the PO would mark the item delivered. This is why a seller must use Signature Confirmation at all times.
1) 13 UD Nationals Infinite
Closed Thread