Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2012, 11:15 AM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl
Default Should I leave a negative?

I've never left one before - never had a problem honestly - but encountered my first one today.

Agreed to a trade about 10 days ago - trader is brand new so he agreed to send first (0 feedback) - I waited and waited with no card. I PM'd - he said he was sending (even told me yesterday he was at the PO about to send it)

Get a PM today saying he's decided to keep the card and see if he can get a better deal.

Wasn't a huge deal - $40 about - so I'll survive - but it was a card I've been after so I stopped trying to buy one and also held the cards I owed him from other trade offers.

But I'm irritated more then anything. It's not about the card itself - it's about wasting my time.

Negative?
Let it slide since he's new? Doesn't mean he's a kid - but maybe just new to online trading I suppose...

Thoughts?
asujbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:25 AM   #2 (permalink)

Neutral for sure, but you are not out any money and didn't have to file a pay-pal claim, so not sure of a neg.
gritt81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:26 AM   #3 (permalink)

Personally I would leave a negative. An agreement is just that. A deal was set he should not back out. We have had way to much of this crap going on this last month.
Magicman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:28 AM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicman32 View Post
Personally I would leave a negative. An agreement is just that. A deal was set he should not back out. We have had way to much of this crap going on this last month.
I guess that's my viewpoint.

It's not about the card (although I did stop looking for one - and did hold the items I owed him) it's more about the lack of respect people are giving to trades these days. It's getting worse and worse where people just change their minds. People are refunding payment even after a sale is agreed to because they get a better offer. It's lame.

Neutral might be the right move though I suppose since he is new.

I'm just irritated I suppose.
asujbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
XL5

Neg. It was a massive waste of your time.

A sale is a sale. If it's just a bid, "seller" should say so.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:28 AM   #6 (permalink)

I'd say leave a neutral. As ticked as I'd be that I was lied to and inconvenienced, I tend to think negatives are better reserved for more extreme cases, such as reneging on a deal after you've already fulfilled your end of the deal (i.e. sent money and/or cards) or when you are forced to utilize PayPal's dispute process to obtain a refund. A neutral with a warning to others should do the trick in your situation.
Andrew Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:35 AM   #7 (permalink)

I'd probably say neutral and a lengthy pm explaining why what he did was wrong. He is new, after all.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:01 PM   #8 (permalink)

I'm pretty new here myself, never traded online before, and I would expect a neg if I did that. If you make a deal, that's the deal. There is no waiting for a better one afterwards.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:11 PM   #9 (permalink)

Really? I had three separate people who did not pay on Quick Sale threads in the last month. I asked opinions and basically heard, get over it. Two of the members that did not pay are guys with close to or over 100 iTraders. People can be such a joke. I am starting to leave negatives for all who do pay.

Check me out on Sport Lots.
http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=mkeil250
fungi2510 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:19 PM   #10 (permalink)

hmm a negative? and guy is new? id let it go but write a note to explain ur thoughts .. so it wont happen down the road to others

just imo
ricksam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:21 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fungi2510 View Post
Really? I had three separate people who did not pay on Quick Sale threads in the last month. I asked opinions and basically heard, get over it. Two of the members that did not pay are guys with close to or over 100 iTraders. People can be such a joke. I am starting to leave negatives for all who do pay.
I would have told you to neg them as well. If they back out of those deals, it is lost money. You say you want something, then pay for it. I had 1 problem in all the years I was on here until last year. I have now had 7 deals go bad in the last 4 months....getting worse and we need to make people aware of issues that are not handled.
Magicman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:22 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fungi2510 View Post
Do you mean do not pay? If you start leaving negatives for everyone who pays, you probably won't be around much longer.
Andrew Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:25 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jones View Post
Do you mean do not pay? If you start leaving negatives for everyone who pays, you probably won't be around much longer.
Ya probably not. I am not ready or typing correctly. I should get off here and go outside.

Check me out on Sport Lots.
http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=mkeil250
fungi2510 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:30 PM   #14 (permalink)

I had pm'd the a mod about this same subject. Bottom line it was determined that, if after multiple PM's, it was more than appropriate to leave the negative. I, however, chose not leave the negative and resell the cards. I will also not sell to these members going forward as a result of their decision to not pay for the cards.
SacGWYNN19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:27 PM   #15 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Yes without a doubt

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
I've never left one before - never had a problem honestly - but encountered my first one today.

Agreed to a trade about 10 days ago - trader is brand new so he agreed to send first (0 feedback) - I waited and waited with no card. I PM'd - he said he was sending (even told me yesterday he was at the PO about to send it)

Get a PM today saying he's decided to keep the card and see if he can get a better deal.

Wasn't a huge deal - $40 about - so I'll survive - but it was a card I've been after so I stopped trying to buy one and also held the cards I owed him from other trade offers.

But I'm irritated more then anything. It's not about the card itself - it's about wasting my time.

Negative?
Let it slide since he's new? Doesn't mean he's a kid - but maybe just new to online trading I suppose...

Thoughts?

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:05 PM   #16 (permalink)

I'd say neg because of the runaround he gave you. It's not even like he quickly backed out after having second thoughts. He lied to you and dragged the process out until he suddenly backed out. It's even worse than the average deal that falls through on here.
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/
friarbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:26 PM   #17 (permalink)

Neg? What's with this neg crap?

BAN HAMMER! *sarcasm*

I'd leave a nuetral, or a negative. DEFINITELY NOT A POSITIVE!

www.photobucket.com/bullcitysportscards
michaelspopejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:14 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Look at the bright side. Atleast the guy is honest and didn't pull the old "PO Took It" crap

But in all seriousness, I'd give him a neg. He backed out of an agreement, and didn't make an effort to make it right. Something I'd want others to be aware of.

I do require immediate payment when selling.

Please allow 2 business days for me to ship. I greatly appreciate that.
a-train10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:01 PM   #19 (permalink)

you people have to learn that if people back out of a deal (unless there is a very very good reason) then at the least a neutral is in order.

I would say it depends on the situation. If it's a trade & the dude says trade & he is to send first & doesn't I would leave a neg. because he even told you he wanted to wait for a better offer. This is backing out of a deal hence a BAD Trader.

If he wanted to pass & wait for offers he should have said so.

Now if he said he was gonna pay for a card & never paid for it and he kept dragging you on then maybe a neutral.

We have to start weeding out the idiots or the itrader system will never work. Sympathy is not in order when doing business unless there is a legit circumstance.

Out the guy too for good measure so we don't have to trade with him.

MY PC NFS/NFT: http://www.zistle.com/bboi30/collections/baseball
bboi30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:07 PM   #20 (permalink)

I would leave a negative for sure. The person agreed to a deal, THEN after ten days took it away.. that's a negative..

Define "irony": a bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane, to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash -Garland Greene
FavresReturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:10 PM   #21 (permalink)

Negative for sure. The both of you entered a verbal contract. He broke that AFTER LYING to you multiple times.
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:11 PM   #22 (permalink)

Exclamation 1,200 iTrader Feedback Mark achieved

edit, sorry meant to start my own thread. LOL!

Now Collecting: Ken Griffey Jr. & Kevin Garnett
guru is offline   Reply With Quote