Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2012, 02:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Stephen Hill Island
Posts: 6,100
Default What should I do?

So an ebay buyer bought an item off me BIN.

The item was bought on 2/1. The buyer has 2 feedback.

Today, I get a message from him saying:

I pressed the button to buy this item but got a message that it was no longer available so I continued to shop and bought another item on eBay. I was surprised to see it on my needs payments list. Can this order be cancelled? I no longer want it.
Thanks for your help.




I know this is complete BS. What should I respond? Or just wait and open a case against him?
u_want_my_cards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
37Jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: South Central PA
Posts: 10,126
Default

Best solution is to walk outsideside, drop a few F bombs and then move on because there is nothing that Ebay allows you to do to the seller. Sucky Ebay reality.
__________________
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: IL
Posts: 9,848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
Best solution is to walk outsideside, drop a few F bombs and then move on because there is nothing that Ebay allows you to do to the seller. Sucky Ebay reality.
Well, couldn't you not cancel it, then file a NPB? Just shootin', not a huge eBay seller myself, so I have no clue.
__________________
I only ship to confirmed US addresses. Sorry to all out of US collectors.

I do require immediate payment when selling.

Please allow 2 business days for me to ship. I greatly appreciate that.
a-train10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
mmbtvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,567
Default

Just drop the non paying bidder on him after filing a case. He's full of crap, but you're not gonna get the money anyway.
mmbtvs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: ***Unknown***
Posts: 973
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
Just drop the non paying bidder on him after filing a case. He's full of crap, but you're not gonna get the money anyway.
What evidence do you have that he is "full of crap."

The bidder is a new Ebayer. Why not give him the benefit of the doubt?
__________________
Check out my Buster Posey 18 card lot for sale on EBAY!!!! ROOKIES INCLUDED
mimi mo money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: IL
Posts: 9,848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi mo money View Post
What evidence do you have that he is "full of crap."

The bidder is a new Ebayer. Why not give him the benefit of the doubt?
Becuase if you buy something (Either on eBay, or in a store) you always pay... If you don't know that by now, I don't know what to tell you.
__________________
I only ship to confirmed US addresses. Sorry to all out of US collectors.

I do require immediate payment when selling.

Please allow 2 business days for me to ship. I greatly appreciate that.
a-train10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: ***Unknown***
Posts: 973
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by a-train10 View Post
Becuase if you buy something (Either on eBay, or in a store) you always pay... If you don't know that by now, I don't know what to tell you.
Uh... that's not how it always works. I can buy anything I want from Walmart and return in w/in X amount of days for a full refund for whatever reason I want w/o penalty. In fact, most stores have this policy regarding non perishable items. I'm not saying every store should have that policy but your absolutist approach is draconian and wrong.

Furthermore, the internet, unlike a store, can be confusing to 1). a young buyer, 2). an older buyer, 3). any buyer unfamiliar with how the process works [maybe they did not know what BIN meant] or maybe the buyer was telling the truth, i.e. it said the item was not available and he reasonably believed under the circumstances that his money was free to spend elsewhere.

the bottom line is that if the seller wants the benefit the doubt [i.e. when he lists a card mt-nm and it comes with soft corners and other imperfections] than you should give the buyer the benefit of the doubt from time to time. this is especially true when it's a de facto new buyer that is more than likely unfamiliar with ebay.
__________________
Check out my Buster Posey 18 card lot for sale on EBAY!!!! ROOKIES INCLUDED
mimi mo money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
mmbtvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,567
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi mo money View Post
What evidence do you have that he is "full of crap."

The bidder is a new Ebayer. Why not give him the benefit of the doubt?
Because when you use buy it now you have to first click confirm and then the page automatically loads to the option to pay now.
mmbtvs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Tyler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 8,624
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
Because when you use buy it now you have to first click confirm and then the page automatically loads to the option to pay now.
#winnning
__________________
This is a clown forum, bro.
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: ***Unknown***
Posts: 973
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
Because when you use buy it now you have to first click confirm and then the page automatically loads to the option to pay now.
That's not what the issue is. The ebayer said when he hit "pay it now" the item/card came up as "unavailable." Edit: but apparently the sale went through...

thus, the issue is whether or not the new ebayer was telling the truth regarding the aforementioned message.
__________________
Check out my Buster Posey 18 card lot for sale on EBAY!!!! ROOKIES INCLUDED
mimi mo money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
mmbtvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,567
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi mo money View Post
That's not what the issue is. The ebayer said when he hit "pay it now" the item/card came up as "unavailable." Edit: but apparently the sale went through...

thus, the issue is whether or not the new ebayer was telling the truth regarding the aforementioned message.
We'll have to agree to disagree. You say it is possible that he's being honest and made a rookie mistake. I say all signs point to this being dookie smelling. Either way, we can agree that the op isn't getting their money.
mmbtvs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:05 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: usa
Posts: 7,239
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi mo money View Post
That's not what the issue is. The ebayer said when he hit "pay it now" the item/card came up as "unavailable." Edit: but apparently the sale went through...

thus, the issue is whether or not the new ebayer was telling the truth regarding the aforementioned message.
Probably hit button twice---didn't have the patience to let page load, hit it again---by that time, his 1st attempt had gone through. Lesson---don't click buttons your wallet can't cash.
__________________
__________________________________

http://s1115.photobucket.com/albums/k543/obadger/sale%20or%20trade---Autos/
obadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 05:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,881
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by obadger View Post
Probably hit button twice---didn't have the patience to let page load, hit it again---by that time, his 1st attempt had gone through. Lesson---don't click buttons your wallet can't cash.
exactly, probably hit it twice, and the second hit sent the message as unavailable, because his first click had already bought it.

if he had bought another item, he would have seen it on his list
__________________
Not looking for anything specific...usually will just looks through buckets and lists to see what catches my eye.
http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a210/cardpic
PC: Yao Ming, Chicago Teams, Jessica Burciaga
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:23 AM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
gunshowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Stonewall, LA
Posts: 8,040
Default

it would also depend if the listing was set up "pay immediately" as well --

as this would change how he check procedure works
__________________

Raimel Tapia was born to hit baseballs
gunshowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:43 AM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Teambo1634's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,413
Default

Also, what about the emails confirming it. Than the payment reminder ebay sends. He knew, he just wants out of it. Ebay needs to bring back ability to leave negatives for buyers.
__________________
11,22,2010 We lost a great one, RIP PAPAJIM
Collect Bo Jackson
Teambo1634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 02:44 AM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
stumpfreeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,643
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
Because when you use buy it now you have to first click confirm and then the page automatically loads to the option to pay now.
I just hit the bin on an auction and it DID NOT ask me to confirm the purchase. It was one of those immediate payment required deals and it went right to the proceed to paypal to make payment page.
__________________
Check out my photobucket by clicking on my homepage in the drop down list under my username. Looking for any Twins cards I don't have, and Mickey Mantle refractors that I don't have. I will trade for bait, on occasion. 2011 Topps Chrome auto set completed!!
stumpfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 03:31 AM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
FreeMan12406's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Heart of Texas
Posts: 13,409
Default

Anyway to check if he did in fact purchase something else?

-RJ
__________________
Bury me alive, bury me with pride
Bury me with berries, that forbidden fruit and cherry wine
Thank you berry much, but tonight's my night and I'm Barry Bonds
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.