Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2012, 08:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Another eBay/grading deal

I made a deal with a member on eBay, who is also on here (not much). Guy is great, awesome communication. No problem there. However I sold him a auto card on eBay, and he immediately asked for how it looked, I said fine. He received today, and said the back has little pebble indents in it. Seems strange, but possible, but my worry is while looking him up on here, he gets all his cards graded (all 9.5's I saw). Could this be one of those deals where he won't get a 9.5 so he wants a partial refund (which he said he'd take)? I'm not sure how to make of this, or even respond to, I state NM-Mint, if there are indents in it, it would be worse then NM right? Thanks!

Also, I posted on here how shocked I was on getting this much for the card, and how I would of took $25 for it, and that is what he wants to pay for it.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:47 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

Don't give a partial on any deal where the buyer may be disappointed that it won't grade as high as he had hoped. Tell him to send it back for a full refund.

Or at least that is the way I would go about it.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskell02 View Post
Don't give a partial on any deal where the buyer may be disappointed that it won't grade as high as he had hoped. Tell him to send it back for a full refund.

Or at least that is the way I would go about it.
He said he would be willing to send back for full refund, the buyer seems very fair, I just never heard of pebble indents in cards.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:54 PM   #4 (permalink)

I have seen it. It looks like there were tiny pin pricks on a few spots. Not sure it would affect the grade a ton, but then again, I have never tried to grade anything with that kind of mark.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I have seen it. It looks like there were tiny pin pricks on a few spots. Not sure it would affect the grade a ton, but then again, I have never tried to grade anything with that kind of mark.
Yea I'm not sure either, I do wonder if he is upset over the grading deal. I now think I can get more for it, but don't really want to deal with it haha.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

Curious as to what it is You never mentioned.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Curious as to what it is You never mentioned.
Brian Hoyer NT Auto RC /99. I tried moving it on here for $25. Nothing, put it on eBay for $55 and the guy hit the BIN in 5 minutes.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:09 PM   #8 (permalink)

Anyone looking for a refund because a card won't grade a 9.5 is someone I will not do business with. Period and end of story....complete DB if you ask me. Seller delivered the product, buyer should f'ng nut up and deal with it. Resell the stupid card if he's not happy with the condition. Who is the member?

Description says near mint-mint - not guaranteed to grade 9.5 BGS. What a joker.

Last edited by SacGWYNN19; 02-15-2012 at 09:13 PM.
SacGWYNN19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacGWYNN19 View Post
Anyone looking for a refund because a card won't grade a 9.5 is someone I will not do business with. Period and end of story....complete DB if you ask me. Seller delivered the product, buyer should f'ng nut up and deal with it. Resell the stupid card if he's not happy with the condition. Who is the member?

Description says near mint-mint - not guaranteed to grade 9.5 BGS. What a joker.
I won't call him out because it could be bad. And I don't know how bad it is yet. I'm going on his word until I get the scan tonight. I'm not a grader, and I state in my auctions that all cards are NM-Mint. But if this card would grade lower then NM then I'll accept the card back.'

Anyone with experience with grading have any opinions?
Old 02-15-2012, 09:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Just out of curiousity, did you have the exact serial number (example: 33/99) in the listing? I've heard of people who buy one only to send back one they already had because the condition wasn't as good. I always put the exact serial number to avoid someone doing that.
crazy8parlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:52 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy8parlay View Post
Just out of curiousity, did you have the exact serial number (example: 33/99) in the listing? I've heard of people who buy one only to send back one they already had because the condition wasn't as good. I always put the exact serial number to avoid someone doing that.
Always do.

Update, I saw the scans, it looks like the card was stabbed with a pen, it is a lot worse then it sounded. I'll probably give partial refund as I cannot move this card as is myself. Kinda sad this happened, and confused.