Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2012, 01:30 PM   #26 (permalink)

there is no reason to break this down with reasoning & justification because you can not debate with that guy. he is obviously pissed about something else in his life & takes it out on others. i bet he's a road rage tough guy too.
festus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:38 PM   #27 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinar View Post
As someone else said...your shipping costs are pretty high considering that you could have easily shipped all 5 of those cards for your 2.79 price tag...

$1.64 actual ship with DC
$.06 bubble mailer
$.50 5 top loaders
$.10 5 penny sleaves
$.03 team bag
$.10 ink/paper/tape
-----------------------
$2.43 actal cost.

However, I of course don't agree with the way he is protesting.
Should he Ding DSR's...absolutely...especially after he tried to contact you and you refused to lower your shipping costs.
Should he have left Negs...not a chance (your shipping price was clearly stated in the auction and he shouldn't have bid if he wasn't ok with it).
Should he have filed a did not receive claim...nope (as you've pointed out, he does have a history of this...seems unlikely to be true).

Blocked!
I will never understand this argument. If it states in the auction what the shipping costs are why get pissed about it afterwards? Why should he have to lower his shipping costs because you think that it is high. Sure, if you are buying in bulk for everything your costs are correct. But I dont have the space, or the extra money, to have bulk supplies of every size toploader and multiple size padded envelopes. "Absolutely" giving low DSR's for something like that is ridiculous.
imnotded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:43 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidersfan1983 View Post
not to turn this into a shipping cost discussion as that is/was not the point but my "actual" shipping cost was $2.14 (was shipped before prices dropped) plus about .13 for mailer (i will second if u can get them for .06 please let us know where! Plus .42 for ebay fees on shipping. other costs are probably close. So I would estimate my actual cost at around $3.50. That being said was it a bit over "cost" yes, but I figure it is easier to set a price that you know/hope you won't lose money shipping items on rather then going through and figuring it out each time.

But again, I digress and the point was to warn everyone of this guy...
500 #000 Kraft Bubble Padded Envelopes Mailers 4 x 8 | eBay - 500 for 38.99 shipped (sorry, thats just under $.08 each instead of $.06...ill update my post)
That quantity shouldn't be excessive for someone who currently has 600+ cards listed on ebay...
also,
Amazon.com: #000 Kraft Bubble Mailers, 4" x 7" Usable Space (Case of 250): Office Products
250 for ~26 shipped is just over $.10 if you need a smaller quantity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HadWayTooMuch View Post
You forgot ebay is taking 9% of his shipping charge so you have to add about $.22 to your number. Most people pay more than $.06 for envelopes unless they buy in large quantities. I'm still looking to buy them for $.06 so please send me a link.
I would say that ebay fees shouldn't be added to shipping costs (imo)...

However, even if you do add the $.22 and the extra $.02 for the bubble mailer

We are still at $2.67 for the lot of 5 cards...and still $.12 under the initial $2.79 cost he starts at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotded View Post
I will never understand this argument. If it states in the auction what the shipping costs are why get pissed about it afterwards? Why should he have to lower his shipping costs because you think that it is high. Sure, if you are buying in bulk for everything your costs are correct. But I dont have the space, or the extra money, to have bulk supplies of every size toploader and multiple size padded envelopes. "Absolutely" giving low DSR's for something like that is ridiculous.
The only thing I buy in bulk are the bubble mailers and they take up a box that is 18in x 18in x 30in.
The OP is charging almost double the actual cost of shipping. Yes, I have a problem with that.

Last edited by kinar; 03-12-2012 at 01:59 PM.
kinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:16 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinar View Post
500 #000 Kraft Bubble Padded Envelopes Mailers 4 x 8 | eBay - 500 for 38.99 shipped (sorry, thats just under $.08 each instead of $.06...ill update my post)
That quantity shouldn't be excessive for someone who currently has 600+ cards listed on ebay...
also,
Amazon.com: #000 Kraft Bubble Mailers, 4" x 7" Usable Space (Case of 250): Office Products
250 for ~26 shipped is just over $.10 if you need a smaller quantity.

I would say that ebay fees shouldn't be added to shipping costs (imo)...

However, even if you do add the $.22 and the extra $.02 for the bubble mailer

We are still at $2.67 for the lot of 5 cards...and still $.12 under the initial $2.79 cost he starts at.

The only thing I buy in bulk are the bubble mailers and they take up a box that is 18in x 18in x 30in.
The OP is charging almost double the actual cost of shipping. Yes, I have a problem with that.
I know we started a shipping cost debate again...but just know that I agree that $5 and change is way too high. I believe anything under $3 is fair.

For the other poster: And as for not considering ebay fees in shipping, why not? We already have to sell everything at 10 cents on the dollar to make a sale on ebay, why lose money on shipping fees? It still is part of shipping and has to be considered as such. It's ridiculous that ebay added that percentage to the shipping, but there is nothing we can do about it. But I'll tell you this, I'm not losing money on shipping on a $2 card. That's just insane.
HadWayTooMuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:09 PM   #30 (permalink)

again, let's stop with the shipping cost discussion as that is not the point of the thread, however thanks for the links, i may consider buying from there the next time i need to do so in quantity and can find room in my small @$$ apartment for that many!

ADDITIONALLY, AGAIN BLOCK *simale* for your own safety as a seller
Old 03-12-2012, 04:48 PM   #31 (permalink)

yeah, this thread is fully hijacked by now. However, most people probably won't read to the 2nd page anyway so no real harm done and it keeps the OP's useful warning at the top of the forums...so bonus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HadWayTooMuch View Post
For the other poster: And as for not considering ebay fees in shipping, why not? We already have to sell everything at 10 cents on the dollar to make a sale on ebay, why lose money on shipping fees? It still is part of shipping and has to be considered as such. It's ridiculous that ebay added that percentage to the shipping, but there is nothing we can do about it. But I'll tell you this, I'm not losing money on shipping on a $2 card. That's just insane.
To be honest, until this thread I hadn't ever even considered passing that fee on to customers. I've always just calculated it into my listing cost.

For example, I'm a nickel and dimer on ebay for the most part. Most of my listings start (and sell) at less than $2. I don't do a huge amount of volume (rarely over my 50 free listings each month)

I'm also not trying to run a business on ebay and I don't consider the cost of my cards as an expense that I'm trying to overcome but instead a way to recoup some of the cost on stuff I get I don't really want (I like bustin wax).

A breakdown of my minimum listing:
$.99 - min price
$2.00 - shipping
$2.99 - "sale" price

fees/costs:
$.27 - ebay 9%
$.39 - paypal .30 + 2.9%
$1.64 actual ship with DC
$.08 bubble mailer ("bulk" price)
$.10 top loaders (walmart price)
$.02 penny sleave (LCS price)
$.03 team bag (LCS price)
$.10 ink/paper/tape
-----------------------
$2.63

$2.99 - $2.63 = $.36 for minimum sale.

If anything sells for more than minimum, I keep 88.1% of the extra amount (paypal + ebay FVF = 11.9%).

In all fairness, I suppose that I have already been passing on some of the ebay fee to the customer. Afterall, my actual shipping costs are ~$1.95 and I charge $2. And, as the OP stated somewhere along the line, "it is easier to set a price that you know/hope you won't lose money". I just cut it a lot closer than the OP. Once again...for me it isn't a business, its a way to be able to afford more of the hobby than if I were to squirrel away every card I pull from wax. I don't necessarily care about a penny here and there.
kinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:14 PM   #32 (permalink)

This guy has been mentioned here before - he is a first class douche bag.
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:24 PM   #33 (permalink)

People need to have free shipping! It will make you more money whether you think so or not...than you'll have no problems and get and automatic 5 on your DSR..I've been selling value box lots on eBay with free shipping and have been bringing a descent chink of change...
Cubs_rock21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:26 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubs_rock21 View Post
People need to have free shipping! It will make you more money whether you think so or not...than you'll have no problems and get and automatic 5 on your DSR..I've been selling value box lots on eBay with free shipping and have been bringing a descent chink of change...

what about all those .99 cent auctions?
Old 03-12-2012, 05:28 PM   #35 (permalink)

[QUOTE=festus;2369261]-1

what about all those .99 auctions

I would hope that for .99 cent auctions you have a seller store and are only selling via bin with shipping...what the point of auctioning a card that's going to see .99 cents...I am talking about auctions
Old 03-12-2012, 05:30 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by festus View Post

In order to have 99 cent auctions you have to always have tons listed. You really need to sell 3-4 cards to the same customer and combine shipping for you to make any profit. Personally, I do not see myself doing 99 cent auctions with free shipping unless eBay was my full time job and I had the time to list 100 or so auctions every couple days.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:32 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by festus View Post

I usually put $4 for shipping. I am lazy and buy nothing in bulk. I go to the PO and buy one of their mailers for like $1.50. Then with shipping cost and DC, it ends up over $3. Then with the eBay and PP cut from that... it isn't too overpriced. I feel it is fine for my time.

That being said... I should probably just do free shipping on the stuff that I think will sell well, say, over $20. Maybe more people will bid. I dunno.

I have never gotten complaints as everything is laid out ahead of time.
phabphour20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:37 PM   #38 (permalink)

free shipping = higher realized prices & bigger percentages for ebay.

if a card is valued at 7.00 with 3.00 shipping or 10.00 free shipping what's the difference to the buyer?? nothing... BUT its a bigass difference that adds up for ebay.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:39 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
When I was still selling cards, I ran free shipping for 6 months. When I was done I plugged it all into a spread sheet and calculated it up. I was actually losing money by offering free shipping. I wasn't making it up on the front end with higher sales at all. Not enough to cover the difference of all those auctions anyways.

I have had my TRS before I offered the free S&H - so I didn't gain that by doing it. I went back to offering $2.00 S&H with $0.20 per additional card (every card goes in a top loader and everything team bagged), with a cap at $5 and at that point it was sent Small Box Priority Mail. NEVER had any DSR issues.

I get eBay wants everyone to convert to Free S&H, but what happens when the majority of seller change to Free S&H? Well, you lose that front end premium your card is suppose to go for because it will be expected. I for one never saw the premium that made it worth it.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:47 PM   #40 (permalink)

How would you know your sales weren't better? It's not like you can go back and see what you would have made with shipping added..

Also doesn't eBay take a 10 percent fee from your shipping costs?

Also if you were losing money than you were selling cards of little value..how else can you know you were losing unless you were just selling 2 dollar cards non stop

Last edited by Cubs_rock21; 03-12-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:50 PM   #41 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
How would you know your sales weren't better? It's not like you can go back and see what you would have made with shipping added..
He probably is comparing sales with free shipping and without. I always charge $2 for shipping ($.25 each card up to $3 max). I never have issues. It's not that people need to have free shipping, people just need to have cheap enough shipping. I feel like $2 is that magic number where issues will be rare.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:52 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
He probably is comparing sales with free shipping and without. I always charge $2 for shipping ($.25 each card up to $3 max). I never have issues. It's not that people need to have free shipping, people just need to have cheap enough shipping. I feel like $2 is that magic number where issues will be rare.
Than he must only sell cards of the same value...idk how else you can really know a difference unless you're only selling 1.00 or 2.00 cards
Old 03-12-2012, 05:56 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:

Also doesn't eBay take a 10 percent fee from your shipping costs?

Also if you were losing money than you were selling cards of little value..how else can you know you were losing unless you were just selling 2 dollar cards non stop
I compared my sales, with those of people charging shipping and handling. My cards were not fetching enough of a premium to cover what I was giving up in shipping cost.

Numbers don't lie. They are what they are.

Edit: This was before ebay started charging on S&H.

Last edited by Zerokruel; 03-12-2012 at 05:59 PM.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:57 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Than he must only sell cards of the same value...idk how else you can really know a difference unless you're only selling 1.00 or 2.00 cards
Not close - I broke up vintage sets from 1958-1961 and a bunch of partials from 1962-75.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:01 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post
Not close - I broke up vintage sets from 1958-1961 and a bunch of partials from 1962-75.
I guess it makes sense since you sold vintage cards..they don't fluctuate like modern cards do..I still think you can't go by other completed listings..every auction depends on who's bidding at the time..
Old 03-12-2012, 06:09 PM   #46 (permalink)

That guy is a douche. Just reading through the feedback he's left for people made me want to sent him a message just to call him a douche. I've never blocked anybody, but I'm proud to say I added this douche as the first name on my list.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:12 PM   #47 (permalink)

BLOCKED!

I never understand this shipping cost argument. The seller listed what he is going to charge for shipping. So if you think the extra $0.50 is too much, then factor that into your bid or don't bid at all. How do you win, and AFTERWARDS, complain about the shipping?
hche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:45 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hche View Post
BLOCKED!

I never understand this shipping cost argument. The seller listed what he is going to charge for shipping. So if you think the extra $0.50 is too much, then factor that into your bid or don't bid at all. How do you win, and AFTERWARDS, complain about the shipping?
This is why the DSR's are terrible. At least for shipping and handling charges. That should be clear in the auction and known (and factored in) when bidding. A DSR for "packaging" does make sense however.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:25 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
He has left 129 negatives and neutrals in the last 12 months.

Negative/Neutral Feedback left by simale
my question is, how the fu*k ebay doesn't see this!!! that's the part that bothers me!!
gasper33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 04:19 AM   #50 (permalink)

thought that you all might like a bit of an update here... the guy had the nerve to post on the other thread created a few months ago the following earlier tonight:

Originally Posted by simale
Ya Big Crybaby!

Nobody Cares, so make better use of your time. You should have delivered all of the customer's items and cut him a fair combined items discount. It is you who deserve to be blocked as a seller. Lesson Learned I guess.

Guess he is blocked by so many people he can't buy items he wants anymore... as a side note he did then proceed to edit out the second part of the post after someone responded to him something along the lines of "are you seriously posting on this dude"...