Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2012, 08:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Sellers Beware and Block this E-Bay buyer

6-11-13 UPDATE ******RECEIVED UPDATED EBAY ID FOR HIM 2013elamis******* For Reference

3-25-13 UPDATE ******RECEIVED NOTICE THAT HE HAS NOW CHANGED HIS USER NAME TO elamis2013 AND MADE HIS FEEDBACK PRIVATE******

I wanted to warn every one of a situation I have found myself in that has put me to the point where I may close my E-Bay account and not deal there again.

Recently, (January through now) a buyer, his ID being simale, bought 6 cards from my recent 10 case BDPP and 2 case Bowman Platinum breaks. What follows is a rather in depth recap of what happened.

On January 5th he bought 2 items from me, another on january 7th.

On January 9th he sent me the following message:

Hello,

Thanks for your business. I wanted to let u know that I am still bidding on your other items and will pay as soon as finished.

Much appreciated and thanks again, Jeff

My Response was:

no problem just let me know when u need me to reinvoice you. regards and happy bidding, bryan

On January 15th he bought 3 more cards from me.

He sent the following message the next day:

Hi, how ya doin? Thanks for your business. I was hoping that you would consider giving me more of a break on the combined items ship charge since I ordered so much? Closer to actual ship cost? It would be greatly appreciated and I will add you to my favorite seller's list. Thanks much, Jeff

I responded:

Hi invoice sent, first class shipping is 5.29, it is .50 for each card after the first. If paid today should ship tomorrow or wednesday! have a nice day, bryan

Now my base shipping is 2.79 plus .50 after (in this case an additional 2.50). I sometimes will make an exception if someone raises a stink, but that not withstanding he paid and didn't send another message to me about the shipping costs.

As I have never had an issue before I thought nothing of it. Then on Feb 8th I get an item not received claim on this item: Anderson Platinum Auto

I called ebay and said it was shipped and delivered, they said no problem we will pay the claim as you have never had an issue before, so i sent him a message as follows:

Hi, I spoke with ebay and the case has been taken care of. I apologize if the card was not in your package, it was mailed out, but perhaps somewhere along the way it disappeared or was packaged with another persons cards. If it ends up finding its way back to me somehow I will send it out to you free of charge. Regards, sorry and have a nice day. Bryan

Now again I was thinking the matter is resolved and moved on as he got his money back on what "was not received". What follows makes me sooooo angry I can't even explain.

On Feb 9th he leaves me negative feedback stating: "Over-Charged Me For Shipping Combined Items & Doesn't Care If U Like It Or Not" on a different card then the one he filed claim on.

I was livid, called ebay they said leave a reply, so I did on Feb 12th. My angry took hold so I started doing some research on the buyer and checked out the feedback he had been leaving for people see below:

His last 200 Feedback Left

I noticed a trend, it looked like this had happened before. I started reaching out to the other sellers and got responses back of the next few weeks from about 6 of them basically saying, he claimed to never get my item from a multiple purchase, filed a claim against me then left me negative feedback.

Now let's look closer at what happened before I continue the story. He basically I guess wanted to pay roughly my base shipping price of ($2.79 for all items) instead he paid an extra $2.50, when you look at the card he filed for not receiving it cost him $2.02, plus .50 shipping, so he got refunded $2.52.

When I truly realized what had happened I just got livid , called ebay to have them investigate, they said, well make sure to leave follow-up feedback on the feedback you had left him to warn other sellers, so I did, also on Feb 12th. Basically it stated what had happened to this point. On February 16th he sent me a personal e-mail saying "You have 5 more negatives coming cause u chose to slanderously reply to my negative feedback as u did. Hope it was worth it." He did this so ebay couldn't track and wouldn't allow it to be included in any case.

On February 15th he leaves 2 more negative feedbacks as follows "Over-Charges U For Shipping Combined Items & Doesn't Care If U Like It Or Not", when i tried to pick them out I noticed he left 3 other negative feedbacks for people the same day (who later confirmed the same scam was run on them).

Another call to ebay yielded nothing more then we will file another inquiry for you on buyer and have your feedback reviewed. I had the other sellers do the same that had been kicked by this guy.

On February 27th 3 more negative feedbacks from him complete the 6 adn they state:

RUDE SELLER, POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE, OVERCHARGED FOR SHIPPING
I Dont Appreciate Being Overchargd For Shipping & Then For Not Sending All Items
WARNING!! Seller Made Mistake & Then Has Nerve 2 Insult Customer! Unprofessional

Now for the record aside from calling ebay and sending him the message way up above apologizing for him never receiving the card I had not contacted him at all. I call ebay beyond pissed, file a fraud claim against him, since he claimed to not get an item he received and a buyer abuse claim based on what he had done to me and others.

Then on February 29th I get the final straw. Another personal e-mail from him stating:

"nice try, but your follow-ups have been removed. how dare u accuse me of fraud? u didnt deliver all my items, so it is u who is a fraud. on an unrelated note, i dont appreciate u trying to rape me on shipping and your attitude about it. Enjoy the negatives as they are well deserved. c.nt"

So i go and look and every follow-up I left on his feedback and my initial feedback is removed. Can you say livid. Should I consider a lawyer? I know it is 6 feedback, but it is the principal of the thing to me. Beyond that, I wouldn't buy from someone like me with all those negatives (disclaimer the other 4 negative the past year were from cards my father sold using my acct and he just ships sooooooooo slowly, lol).

What should I do, anything else I haven't done?

MORALE OF THE STORY, BLOCK BUYER *****SIMALE*****

YOU CAN DO SO HERE

Last edited by raidersfan1983; 06-11-2013 at 02:20 PM.
raidersfan1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

He has left 129 negatives and neutrals in the last 12 months.

Negative/Neutral Feedback left by simale
Old 03-11-2012, 08:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

I wouldn't close my account because of this douchebag. I know it seems extremely unfair and you are rightfully pissed off but it isn't the end of your eBay reputation. Shipping costs are a touchy subject on here, but I would advise you to look at your shipping policy. It may prevent your DSR for shipping from receiving low scores. $2.79 + .50 per card seems high IMO but that is just me.

Thanks for pointing this guy out - he will be blocked from my auctions.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatechhokiefan View Post
I wouldn't close my account because of this douchebag. I know it seems extremely unfair and you are rightfully pissed off but it isn't the end of your eBay reputation. Shipping costs are a touchy subject on here, but I would advise you to look at your shipping policy. It may prevent your DSR for shipping from receiving low scores. $2.79 + .50 per card seems high IMO but that is just me.

Thanks for pointing this guy out - he will be blocked from my auctions.
the irony is until this happened I was a top rated seller and got the 20% discount each month but yes i know shipping costs are a hot button here, glad to help pointing him out and this whole thing for me is principle not cost...
Old 03-11-2012, 08:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
He has left 129 negatives and neutrals in the last 12 months.

Negative/Neutral Feedback left by simale
Wow, calling this guy a douchebag was being polite!
Old 03-11-2012, 08:41 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidersfan1983 View Post
he sent me a personal e-mail saying "You have 5 more negatives coming cause u chose to slanderously reply to my negative feedback as u did. Hope it was worth it." He did this so ebay couldn't track and wouldn't allow it to be included in any case
you can use personal emails as evidence. just need full text headers to forward to ebay...
festus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

This is why I only sell card priced over $20.00 normally with free shipping. eBay should realize what he is doing and ban him for ever.

Last edited by Greengoblin782; 03-11-2012 at 09:07 PM.
Greengoblin782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:48 PM   #8 (permalink)

Sucks. Put him on my ignore, thanks.
"Blowoutcards is a messageboard filled with experts on Ping pong. These highly trained experts told us they spoke to the President of the United States Mr. Haiku and he claims the card is fake since he faked it himself. Our 2 sources (easter bunny and a unicorn with 2 legs) explained this hobby is filled with crooks." -Unknown
xbignick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:53 PM   #9 (permalink)

BLOCKED, THANKS
C&M Sports Memorabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:07 PM   #10 (permalink)

And this guy is the reason I leave feedback after I receive feedback. I think it is bad that eBay will not let sellers leave neg feedback anymore. I get deadbeat payers all the time the should have a neg left for them.

I wouldn't close my account. I have in the past and now I regret it. It takes time to build feedback. It will be gone in 12 months.

eBay will always be on the sellers side it is just something we all have to deal with.

Good Luck. I hope you keep selling and do very well. There is always one bad apple.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Feedback left for him as a seller LOL, and hes says everybody else is the shipping scammers. BLOCKED thanks for your story, sorry you came across this scumbag.

Charged $2.49 to ship in a PWE with a .44 stamp - avoid this seller cardsbydoby ( 3093) Nov-12-10 12:27
Reply by simale (Nov-13-10 14:42):
U Paid a Penny 4 A D.Rose Card! $2.50 Covers Entire Purchase;Card Packaged Well
luck15hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:11 PM   #12 (permalink)

moral of this story: if you sell on ebay swallow your pride and kiss the buyers azz. Sad, but true.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:13 PM   #13 (permalink)

wow, super dbag. use lowercase when putting the block on, ebay didn't like it in all caps. keep pestering ebay and work w/those other sellers to kick is a$$ off, you all have his name and addy, so that might work in your favor. If hes in NJ call on ND3 and Ronlobo

jeez 2 years of bad feedback, I can't believe ebay lets him stay and makes the sellers pay for it.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10

Last edited by Cactuspies; 03-11-2012 at 09:16 PM.
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:14 PM   #14 (permalink)

he's been on my blocked list for years................
Old 03-11-2012, 09:20 PM   #15 (permalink)

SO BLOCKED
Dragonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:20 PM   #16 (permalink)

you guys think i should post this on the football, basketball and hockey boards too so noone misses it?
Old 03-11-2012, 09:44 PM   #17 (permalink)

Legal action is moot. For any damages, you need to prove that his negatives have cost you monetary damages. That's next to impossible to prove. Further, you need to have jursidction over the buyer, which means you likely need to file in his state. Not worth the effort.

It is, however, possible to scare him with the assistance of counsel. If he's in FLorida, I have no problem doing a favor for the board members...
Bob Loblaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:51 PM   #18 (permalink)
Banned

Surprisingly I've never blocked a buyer. I sound like a dumbass but how do you block a buyer
mikecancelliere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:13 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecancelliere View Post
Surprisingly I've never blocked a buyer. I sound like a dumbass but how do you block a buyer
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...2Bj2b02b32%3E7
"Blowoutcards is a messageboard filled with experts on Ping pong. These highly trained experts told us they spoke to the President of the United States Mr. Haiku and he claims the card is fake since he faked it himself. Our 2 sources (easter bunny and a unicorn with 2 legs) explained this hobby is filled with crooks." -Unknown
xbignick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:31 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
Legal action is moot. For any damages, you need to prove that his negatives have cost you monetary damages. That's next to impossible to prove. Further, you need to have jursidction over the buyer, which means you likely need to file in his state. Not worth the effort.

It is, however, possible to scare him with the assistance of counsel. If he's in FLorida, I have no problem doing a favor for the board members...
Who said lawyers aren't nice. I hope he lives in Florida.
aggarr02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:27 AM   #21 (permalink)

As someone else said...your shipping costs are pretty high considering that you could have easily shipped all 5 of those cards for your 2.79 price tag...

$1.64 actual ship with DC
$.08 bubble mailer
$.50 5 top loaders
$.10 5 penny sleaves
$.03 team bag
$.10 ink/paper/tape
-----------------------
$2.45 actal cost.
+$.22 IF you add in the 9% ebay fee for shipping the card:
----------------------
$2.67 shipping + ebay

OP has later mentioned it cost him $2.10 for actual ship cost
which adjusts to:
$3.17 after ebay fees...

However, I of course don't agree with the way he is protesting.
Should he Ding DSR's...absolutely...especially after he tried to contact you and you refused to lower your shipping costs.
Should he have left Negs...not a chance (your shipping price was clearly stated in the auction and he shouldn't have bid if he wasn't ok with it).
Should he have filed a did not receive claim...nope (as you've pointed out, he does have a history of this...seems unlikely to be true).

Blocked!

Last edited by kinar; 03-12-2012 at 12:46 PM.
kinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:32 AM   #22 (permalink)

$2.79 plus $.50 is high. How you get the 20% discount is amazing to me that nobody has dinged your DSRs before.

That being said, buyer is a D-Bag and sounds like you got the shaft. That's ebay for you.
HadWayTooMuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:33 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinar View Post
As someone else said...your shipping costs are pretty high considering that you could have easily shipped all 5 of those cards for your 2.79 price tag...

$1.64 actual ship with DC
$.06 bubble mailer
$.50 5 top loaders
$.10 5 penny sleaves
$.03 team bag
$.10 ink/paper/tape
-----------------------
$2.43 actal cost.

However, I of course don't agree with the way he is protesting.
Should he Ding DSR's...absolutely...especially after he tried to contact you and you refused to lower your shipping costs.
Should he have left Negs...not a chance (your shipping price was clearly stated in the auction and he shouldn't have bid if he wasn't ok with it).
Should he have filed a did not receive claim...nope (as you've pointed out, he does have a history of this...seems unlikely to be true).

Blocked!
You forgot ebay is taking 9% of his shipping charge so you have to add about $.22 to your number. Most people pay more than $.06 for envelopes unless they buy in large quantities. I'm still looking to buy them for $.06 so please send me a link.
HadWayTooMuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:15 AM   #24 (permalink)

Just went to add him to my blocked list and realized he was already on it.

Sorry you got screwed OP.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:21 PM   #25 (permalink)

not to turn this into a shipping cost discussion as that is/was not the point but my "actual" shipping cost was $2.14 (was shipped before prices dropped) plus about .13 for mailer (i will second if u can get them for .06 please let us know where! Plus .42 for ebay fees on shipping. other costs are probably close. So I would estimate my actual cost at around $3.50. That being said was it a bit over "cost" yes, but I figure it is easier to set a price that you know/hope you won't lose money shipping items on rather then going through and figuring it out each time.

But again, I digress and the point was to warn everyone of this guy...