Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2012, 08:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Bid Retraction

I have a guy who has bid on the same item on three separate occasions with two of them resulting in a bid retraction. I have never seen this done before. How common is this?
Old 03-23-2012, 07:12 AM   #2 (permalink)

Retractions are fairly common because Ebay doesn't do anything about them unless the seller reports them as invalid. Multiple retractions on the same item isn't that common I wouldn't think.

Peraonally, I would cancel the existing bid, block the bidder, and report the invalid retractions.
bigzig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
Inactive Account

i normally dont see very many retractions on my items, but this last batch of listings i've had 2.... and most of the time it seems to be newer ebayers
Bjsportscards77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I don't understand how ebay allows it...It ticks me off when there is a bid retraction. The Excuse is always entered wrong amount or someone made an accident and bid using their ebay name. How can you enter the wrong amount pretty much twice? I mean you have to CONFIRM before it goes through. I have had a person say their child bid on the item without them knowing and they don't want the item anymore after winning it....For one how do you have your ebay account accessible to children, and how does a child know how to look for a Tim Tebow auto and bid on it. The funny thing is i would believe it was a child if the bid was for an absurd amount but it was perfectly reasonable... Either way ebay sucks for sellers and they have no say in anything really. Even though Sellers is where ebay makes their money...
Collecting: Raimel Tapia, Drew Brees
Pejarox7620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosieDively View Post
I have a guy who has bid on the same item on three separate occasions with two of them resulting in a bid retraction. I have never seen this done before. How common is this?
OP: I have had this happen probably 5 times out of 1000. So its pretty rare, but the earlier bid retractions were to find out where the highest bid is. As another person said i would just block that person from bidding
Collecting: Raimel Tapia, Drew Brees
Pejarox7620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:13 PM   #6 (permalink)

http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...xpirationDate=

Here is the link for reporting the invalid retractions.
bigzig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:24 PM   #7 (permalink)

Thank you for all the feedback. Luckily, he was outbid. My kids can get on my e-bay app on my iPod but they have never accidentally bid on anything. You have to enter an amount and confirm the bid. It does seem fishy.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

i left my ebay open a couple years ago and my 6 year old niece came in, jumped on the computer and started having fun. She bid like $1,876.00 on a vince Young auto rc, used Bin to buy a Titans hat (present for me) and also bid on a barbie dream house. I blame barbie for all thios as she had a ds game that was barbie shopping or something and she was using ebay just like it was her game. Paid for the hats, got my bids on the house and vy retracted. but there you go.... Not saying this si the case. But it DOES happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pejarox7620 View Post
I don't understand how ebay allows it...It ticks me off when there is a bid retraction. The Excuse is always entered wrong amount or someone made an accident and bid using their ebay name. How can you enter the wrong amount pretty much twice? I mean you have to CONFIRM before it goes through. I have had a person say their child bid on the item without them knowing and they don't want the item anymore after winning it....For one how do you have your ebay account accessible to children, and how does a child know how to look for a Tim Tebow auto and bid on it. The funny thing is i would believe it was a child if the bid was for an absurd amount but it was perfectly reasonable... Either way ebay sucks for sellers and they have no say in anything really. Even though Sellers is where ebay makes their money...
JamiMadrox is offline   Reply With Quote