Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2012, 12:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ebay seller jakkurt

So I recently sent this seller an offer on one of his cards,

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

he counters, I counter, he turns it down, which is fine, but then adds the comment, these cards are going for way more than you are offering. I respond with, Its fine you turned down my offer, but they are going for around what I offered. Then I get this:

Dear pettigrewmvp,I'm not stopping anyone from winning an auction. One sold just days ago for $31 and this is my business and income, not a consolation prize for the everyone gets a trophy kids.- jakkurt

As I said, I dont mind turning down my offer, it is his card after all, but dont tell me I am lowballing you, I can use the ebay completed listing tool just like everyone else, I dont like being lowballed either, that is why I always try to put my offer in around what the last few sold for, I know it shouldnt, but it irritated me a little. Sorry, rant off now..........
Army19K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

Oh to add, I offered 19.00 for it, which while that one went for 31, the rest are going for around 20.
Old 03-24-2012, 01:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
mdh

Don't get upset, it's ebay. It's this hobby. Everyone wants to maximize profit, but sometimes forget to look at the whole picture.

I was thrown a lowball offer of $10 for this card: JUSTIN BLACKMON 2012 Press Pass All American AUTO autograph SP /99 RED INK | eBay

They have been selling over $50 (blue ink) so far. Red ink is SP, so I countered over $100. They decline and say Press Pass? No thanks.

People are trying to pull fast ones all the time and it's annoying. People aren't stupid, but I think some people forget that...
mdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 03:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army19K View Post
Oh to add, I offered 19.00 for it, which while that one went for 31, the rest are going for around 20.
I will offer 19 dollars and 25 cents when I get home

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 03:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

ya I have no problem with anyone rejecting any price, even if its $1 lower than their starting price, or bidding $1 on an item listed for $50, but the attitude and the "advice" pisses me off.
Old 03-24-2012, 03:53 PM   #6 (permalink)

I dont care either, but if he can tell me that they are selling for "alot" more, I dont see why he got all butthurt when I commented back to tell him not really lol. I thought the offer, counter button was there for a reason.

Dear pettigrewmvp,Who's the angry one ? Go haggle a mirror and take a peek in it potty mouth.- jakkurt Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: jakkurt
Subject: Re: Pay for item: pettigrewmvp sent a message about 11-12 GUSTAV NYQUIST UD EXCLUSIVES 47/100 YOUNG GUNS ROOKIE RC # 468 UPPER DECK #220976070420
Sent Date: Mar-24-12 09:52:01 PDT

Dear jakkurt,Dude, I was haggling, I came back with 18.99, you come back with like 21 and I buy it most likely, but you have to be a jackass about it, you have a fabulous day.- pettigrewmvp

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: pettigrewmvp
Subject: Re: Pay for item: pettigrewmvp sent a message about 11-12 GUSTAV NYQUIST UD EXCLUSIVES 47/100 YOUNG GUNS ROOKIE RC # 468 UPPER DECK #220976070420
Sent Date: Mar-24-12 09:42:43 PDT

Dear pettigrewmvp,Not at all. I love having fun with people who know the item ended at $20.06 yet best offer $12.99. Have a fabulous day.- jakkurt

To: jakkurt
Sent Date: Mar-24-12 09:26:36 PDT

Dear jakkurt,Angry much?? I was just responding to what you commented, if you dont want a response, then just turn it down and dont say anything.- pettigrewmvp
Old 03-24-2012, 04:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Dear jakkurt,Angry much?? I was just responding to what you commented, if you dont want a response, then just turn it down and dont say anything.- pettigrewmvp

Listen to your own advice. Just turn it down and move on. There will be plenty of Nyquist to go around. If you want some Tatar's, let me know.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 04:22 PM   #8 (permalink)

Oh I am done talking to that guy, I agree I shouldnt of said anything, just one of those things I guess.................