Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2012, 10:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ebay, no feedback left for me.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

I won 2 auctions (to 2 different sellers) within minutes of each other on 3/18. I paid within minutes of winning. After not hearing anything from either seller for two days I messaged both.

Ive been on ebay since 1999 and have always had good luck so this was the first time I had to contact a seller. I looked up sending a message and unknown to me, both messages I sent had the headline "I haven't received my Items yet."

I tried to be cordial sending,
"I recently won an auction on the 18th.
I am just writing to make sure payment has been received and shipping is in progress.
Thank you for your time."

One seller was cool saying yes card will ship tomorrow.

The other wrote back saying
"Seriously? card is mailing today" (this response was 2 days after I sent mine so 4 days after auction end.)
I responded letting him know I didn't mean for me to imply I hadn't received my cards yet. No response from that.

So my question is, neither of them gave me feedback. When I looked it up one seller hadn't left feedback since the middle of the month. The other hadn't left feedback in almost a year.

Would you try to get feedback from them? Or would you just say screw it? I know its only 2 people but Im still under 100 on my feedback so anything helps.

Thanks for your time... Sorry if this was blathering.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

Screw it - I only get feedback on probably 20% of my transcations at most anymore.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_navarre View Post
Screw it - I only get feedback on probably 20% of my transcations at most anymore.
Oh...
Thanks for the response. I had no idea it was that bad of people not giving feedback. Bummer.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:19 PM   #4 (permalink)

Feedback is voluntary. Some leave it immediately. some leave it in batches. Some don't leave it at all.

In all seriousness though...What can you do with 100 feedback that you can't do now?

Buyer feedback means nothing anymore since sellers can't leave negs. Sellers will look at your feedback left for others before they look at feedback you have received.

I leave feedback upon payment, because I know that's what buyers want, but many do not feel the same as me.
bigzig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:30 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
Feedback is voluntary. Some leave it immediately. some leave it in batches. Some don't leave it at all.

In all seriousness though...What can you do with 100 feedback that you can't do now?

Buyer feedback means nothing anymore since sellers can't leave negs. Sellers will look at your feedback left for others before they look at feedback you have received.

I leave feedback upon payment, because I know that's what buyers want, but many do not feel the same as me.
I didn't know sellers couldn't leave a negative. And you're right. Nothing really changes for me. I always try to pay within minutes of winning, because it was appreciated, and just thought it was common procedure to leave feedback.

I think it came down to me using ebay for 13 years and getting feedback on I think every Item I ever bought, this kind of struck me as odd.

But you're right in the end it really doesn't matter.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:03 AM   #6 (permalink)

Don't get me wrong. I think it's a nice gesture for sellers to leave feedback, but there are some that just don't do it.

In the grand scheme of things it's just better to not worry about it though. I probably average around 75% of sellers that leave feedback for me. On my selling id it's rediculous how many buyers don't leave feedback.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:23 AM   #7 (permalink)

Many think the 100 transactions will release Paypal holds. Its only feedback for selling though not buying.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:02 AM   #8 (permalink)

Lazy America at its finest.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:07 AM   #9 (permalink)

Yea I've made about seven purchases the last couple days paying within minutes. None have left feedback. Bummer.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:45 AM   #10 (permalink)

I never leave feedback as a seller until the deal is completed.

You have no clue what the buyer is going to try. And just cause its paid doesnt mean he will not claim item not received, or not as described, or buyers remorse whatever you get the picture. I know I cant leave feedback as far as positive and negative but I can say what happened, plain and simple.

For instance, this happened to another member here

Auction ended -- buyer paid -- card sent -- received -- feedback left on his end -- nothing from buyer -- 11 days later buyer opens item not as described and sends it back after the value of the card had dropped 40% and as a seller on ebay for 13 years you should know that now his nuts are in a vice and can do nothing but receive his card back and watch ebay hand the guy his money.

if he wouldnt have left feedback he could say something anything about this transaction but now he cant do anything and this guy has his money back and seller has a card worth 40% less than when he sold it previously

just one random example

Raimel Tapia was born to hit baseballs
gunshowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:24 AM   #11 (permalink)

Most people don't even bother leaving feedback anymore, just don't leave any for them!
Old 03-31-2012, 11:25 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunshowboy View Post
I never leave feedback as a seller until the deal is completed.

You have no clue what the buyer is going to try. And just cause its paid doesnt mean he will not claim item not received, or not as described, or buyers remorse whatever you get the picture. I know I cant leave feedback as far as positive and negative but I can say what happened, plain and simple.

For instance, this happened to another member here

Auction ended -- buyer paid -- card sent -- received -- feedback left on his end -- nothing from buyer -- 11 days later buyer opens item not as described and sends it back after the value of the card had dropped 40% and as a seller on ebay for 13 years you should know that now his nuts are in a vice and can do nothing but receive his card back and watch ebay hand the guy his money.

if he wouldnt have left feedback he could say something anything about this transaction but now he cant do anything and this guy has his money back and seller has a card worth 40% less than when he sold it previously

just one random example
This use to work when you could still leave negative feedback as sellers, but there's no point in waiting anymore. It's always good to leave feedback once buyer pays.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:39 PM   #13 (permalink)

With ebay's feedback rules as they stand, it is more of a waste of time for sellers to leave feedback. Sad, but true.
SacGWYNN19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:52 PM   #14 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

As a seller I often hold to the thought that most of the time no feedback is better than feedback because you run the risk of them singing your DSR's.

As a buyer though, what I have found to be successful is that once you recieve the item, leave feedback and then immediately after doing so send him a message telling him
You recieved the item, left positive feedback, as him to please do the same, and than remeber to thank him for the item.

I have found that to be successful. It may not work in a seller who has not left feedback in over a year, but worth a shot anyways.
dthimesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:19 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacGWYNN19 View Post
With ebay's feedback rules as they stand, it is more of a waste of time for sellers to leave feedback. Sad, but true.
Why would you not leave positive feedback for a buyer that did everything right?
Old 03-31-2012, 02:04 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacGWYNN19 View Post
While I agree with the theory that buyer feedback is meaningless, it does serve as a "Thank you for your purchase". And buyers want it so if it makes them happy it's not a waste of time.
Old 03-31-2012, 03:40 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allday_vikes View Post
Why would you not leave positive feedback for a buyer that did everything right?
Over time and 1000's of sales, I received feedback on less than 50% of the items I sold. This is with me leaving feedback immediately. I have simply followed the ebay path of evolution. Don't blame me, blame ebay and their hideous ebay system.

Last edited by SacGWYNN19; 03-31-2012 at 03:43 PM.
SacGWYNN19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 03:53 PM   #18 (permalink)

I changed my feedback habits over a year ago. I started leaving feedback daily or ever other day. Takes roughly 2-3 minutes and you can do it in bulk. I noticed that my DSR's went up across the board. The biggest leap was communication. I've had TRS for a log time, so I didn't do it to get it back - I just wanted more insurance.

I can't leave negative feedback as a seller, so what does it matter? If you try and leave a negative comment with positive feedback... You better hope it doesn't get reported. It's a violation of the TOS. You will get a violation and be brougt down to medium or low compliance depending on your current standing.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 02:52 PM   #19 (permalink)

I tend to leave feedback bi-weekly, take about an hour and submit feedback for all the buyers from that time period (usually about 50-60 people). Once and a while I'll get the people that message me 4 times though asking for feedback, I just leave it right away at that point to get the messages to stop.
Ajax1723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:15 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax1723 View Post
I tend to leave feedback bi-weekly, take about an hour and submit feedback for all the buyers from that time period (usually about 50-60 people). Once and a while I'll get the people that message me 4 times though asking for feedback, I just leave it right away at that point to get the messages to stop.
Pretty much how I do it, every two weeks I do all those transactions in bulk. If someone asks for it sooner, I do it immediately.
tdmonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:42 PM   #21 (permalink)

I never understood why buyers care so much about receiving feedback. Your feedback as a buyer really doesn't matter unless you are just starting out. Once you get over 20 you are good to go.

I do leave feedback, but I do it once a month at the end of the month. There is nothing more annoying than someone with 4100 feedback messaging me and asking me to leave feedback. I personally could care less if I get feedback on here or on Ebay. I'm over 1,000 and I haven't cared since #50.
jr24ai3 is offline   Reply With Quote