Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2012, 06:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default EBay - private feedback?

Is there anything to worry about if a buyer has private feedback on eBay? The ID in question has 8400+ feedback with 100%, but is private. They purchased a card from me on 3/30 and haven't paid/contacted me since, and I just want to get a feel for what I could be in store for.

Depending on if this buyer ends up paying, I may have a theory about Austin Meadows' chrome autos as well.
uberfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:15 PM   #2 (permalink)

I don't like seeing private feedback on my buyer list either, but the truth is I've never been scammed by a private feedback buyer. Sometimes they might just want to hide what they are buying from the eBay community at large, even to the point where they might scare some sellers away.

As long as you ship with DC#, and Sig Conf if $250+, then you are as safe as you are going to get on eBay.

Good luck.

Alex
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:43 PM   #3 (permalink)

Wait a second...I just got a private feedback left for me that I did not ask to be private. It was not up to me so I don't think it's fair to blame the buyers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlazarevich View Post
I don't like seeing private feedback on my buyer list either, but the truth is I've never been scammed by a private feedback buyer. Sometimes they might just want to hide what they are buying from the eBay community at large, even to the point where they might scare some sellers away.

As long as you ship with DC#, and Sig Conf if $250+, then you are as safe as you are going to get on eBay.

Good luck.

Alex
Old 04-03-2012, 07:09 PM   #4 (permalink)

There's a note on this buyer's feedback profile that says something to the effect of, "This member has chosen to have private feedback. To find out more, clilck here." I didn't know it was a choice before either...
Old 04-03-2012, 09:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
Wait a second...I just got a private feedback left for me that I did not ask to be private. It was not up to me so I don't think it's fair to blame the buyers.
that means you bid on an auction that the seller made it's bidders private. Op is referring to a user who has selected their feedback to be private so that no one can read it.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:55 PM   #6 (permalink)

But aren't all bidders private these days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
that means you bid on an auction that the seller made it's bidders private. Op is referring to a user who has selected their feedback to be private so that no one can read it.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:15 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
But aren't all bidders private these days?
Making it private doesnt even show the 2 letters with the asterisks or the feedback.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:47 AM   #8 (permalink)

Many buyers do this simply so people cannot see what they have purchased and also the purchase price. Seeing the feedback is so high Im not sure why the OP would even question it
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:02 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
Making it private doesnt even show the 2 letters with the asterisks or the feedback.
Nor does it allow you to click on the id to see the bidding history of the bidders.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:26 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Many buyers do this simply so people cannot see what they have purchased and also the purchase price. Seeing the feedback is so high Im not sure why the OP would even question it
just something I've never seen before, in combination with a theory I have re: Austin Meadows.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:06 PM   #11 (permalink)

Update - still no payment after 6 days and an invoice sent.

I've never done a second chance offer - do I need to wait until a NPB claim is filed or completed to make a second chance offer? Anything to look out for?
Old 04-05-2012, 01:44 PM   #12 (permalink)

Not all private feedback buyers are bad in fact I have never had an issue with one. On the other hand I would never buy from a non feedback seller.

My frend is fairly new to the hobby but spends quite a bit of money collecting very high end prestigious cards and sets. After reviewing some of the auctions he had won it appeared he had been shilled but since he was fairly new he was unable to recognize this. I am guessing the seller knew he would pay whatever for the big cards he wanted due to his feedback which showed which cards he was buying and paying for, therefore took they took advantage of him. I then advised him to turn his feedback to private in an attempt to protect himself as he is only a buyer not a seller.

I am sorry you are having a negative interaction but I just wanted to explain why some people would use the private feedback option.
Old 04-05-2012, 03:36 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberfatty View Post
Update - still no payment after 6 days and an invoice sent.

I've never done a second chance offer - do I need to wait until a NPB claim is filed or completed to make a second chance offer? Anything to look out for?
Yes, you need to wait until the UPI is closed. Otherwise you could end up with 2 buyers.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:18 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
Yes, you need to wait until the UPI is closed. Otherwise you could end up with 2 buyers.
kinda what I thought, thanks!
Old 04-06-2012, 04:13 AM   #15 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Jenkinssssss

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberfatty View Post
Is there anything to worry about if a buyer has private feedback on eBay? The ID in question has 8400+ feedback with 100%, but is private. They purchased a card from me on 3/30 and haven't paid/contacted me since, and I just want to get a feel for what I could be in store for.

Depending on if this buyer ends up paying, I may have a theory about Austin Meadows' chrome autos as well.
The same guy just bought my scrub 1/1 auto from NT (i doubt there's another private FB with 8406+). fyi you can find the guy's full info, including name, address, email, and phone #. I haven't been paid yet, but there's really nothing I can do.

2011 NATIONAL TREASURES Buster Skrine RC AUTO 215 Cleveland Browns Century # 1/1 | eBay
Jenkinssssss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:48 AM   #16 (permalink)

well this is getting more persuasive - I'll be filing NPB today and pending the results of that I'll let everyone know if this person should be blocked.