Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2012, 01:50 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default coltsfan23

I don't wish to add on to recent negativity but it has gone too far.

Even with almost 380 feedback, coltsfan23 scams. I can see why the guy couldn't be bothered with 4 negatives in his itrader.

On 23rd of December 2011, coltsfan23 PM me with interest to purchase all of these cards:

I have all their serial numbers:

Certified 161/599
Classics 175/299
Gold Standard 197/299
Limited Jumbo 08/99
Limited Phenom 106 & 126 / 249
NT Jumbo 45/49
NT Dual 18/30
NT Die Cut 29/49
Playoff Contenders 29/49
Playoff Contenders Patch
Prestige on card 233/299
Prestige Patch 023/199
R&S 455/455
Threads 122/399
Timeless 024/299

As it was the Christmas and New Year period, I couldn't mail them out as the Post Office is close for the festive period. I mailed them out on the 10th of January with tracking: RC602896017SG.

The buyer was not best pleased and raised the case, got his money back and i was out of $250 as the Delivery Status of the package was marked at Arrived at overseas (Country code: US) since 14th of January.

I tried asking PayPal to allow me a few days grace to check the status of the package but they read from paper and showed no humanity at all. The same happened when i tried asking my local Post Office for assistance and receive no good response other than "Please wait while we check with the Overseas Postal Administrator before getting back to you".

I tried to contact USPS and got a response that the package was last updated at 5:54 a.m. on January 23, 2012 in Eden Prairie, MN 55344. That is near where the buyer is located. I was advised to asked the buyer to contact his local Post Office to check if the package was there and i sent him a PM here on the 17th of February but received no response.

Fast Forward to today, 10th April 2012. I did my due dilligence in tracking this buyer's every movement everyday since the case was closed (tracking his 3 photobuckets (really?), Website, EBay and COMC Account) and I was able to catch him red-handed with the stolen goods: coltsnbolts's Uploads on Photobucket.com

As you can see, 15 of the 16 cards (except the Gold Standard) I sold him are there in his bucket. (The non SP Playoff Contender rookie auto patch isn't mine)

Close up of each card:

I can verify that the link is for his photobucket:

I am very upset about this. I don't know how he can carry on with his lies and get all the transactions done knowing that he scam me off $250 and everyone still thinks he is a good trader here?

*** Removed Personal Information ***

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 1
I've tried to work out a resolution with the buyer via PMs and I think I'm not allowed to post PMs or can I? Anyway this is what happened:

I PMed the buyer to seek full payment for the lot and finally received a reply:

"I just got this lot recently. I can pay you back the majority of the money, but I was not happy with the transaction. I don't believe you deserve full payment due to the very long delays and the fact that the ship date from the tracking number was AFTER I requested to cancel the purchase. "

I am absolutely fuming when reading this. So does that mean I will never know that he has received this package had i not pressed him for answers? Isn't this a scam?

Yes, i agree that there was a delay but a deal was in place and the situation (festive period) isn't in my control. I apologise to the buyer and explained this situation during our PM exchanges then in early January. I always ship out item a day or 2 after payment was made and my itrader proves my point.

Just because there was a delay, it doesn't mean that he can knock off chunks of money now does it? I then replied if he is unhappy, just send me back the lot and we are even and his replies are getting ridiculous:

"Not a scammer, I have done many deals beyond this scale and would have no reason to do this. This would have gone better if you had been willing to work with me in the first place.

I will send you $200 gift for what I owe you. A couple of the cards came damaged anyways. Take it or leave it; not going to spend $20 to send back a lot of cards that I waited months to receive."

Wow. Just wow. $50 lesser than what we agreed on and he came out with excuses that "cards came damage" and "not going to spend $20 to send back a lot of cards that I waited months to receive".

I don't know what else to say anymore.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 2

*** Removed Personal Information ***

Update 3
As promised, I have removed all personal information with regards to coltsfan23 from all of my posts after an apology is issued.

However, I feel that you are still trying to pull a fast one on me because:

1. You uploaded the contents from the missing package on photobucket without even informing me.

2. Uploading date to Photobucket does not = The time you receive the package.

I notice that you have not uploaded a Gold Standard Rookie Card from the package so if you were to just receive the package, you would have all 16 cards available. The serial number for this Gold Standard card is 197/299 so please provide a scan of the back of the card to further strengthen your claim that the mail was just recently received.

3. Had I not make this case public, I would be $50 lesser than what we originally agreed on because I am "underserving of full amount" , "cards came with damage" & "took a long time to reach".

I do not put blame solely on miscommunication. I contacted you not once but a couple of times in between the closure of claims till just before you post the picture up on photobucket but receive no communication back at all. That is not miscommunication, it's no communication.

I guess public pressure + mod's intervention save the day. Whatever happened to that "I will send you $200 gift for what I owe you. A couple of the cards came damaged anyways. Take it or leave it; not going to spend $20 to send back a lot of cards that I waited months to receive."

To all, I accepted his $240 gift payment (Note that it is not full amount of $250 as he claims) but I will not accept his reasoning of "miscommunication".

Premier Hobby Singapore

Last edited by iluvfish2; 04-11-2012 at 10:33 AM. Reason: see mod log
ckeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:00 AM   #2 (permalink)

Very well put together thread. Looks like you did your due diligence. I certainly am appreciative with how you have carried yourself with this presentation. Makes my decision to block this clown very easy.

He could be using his wife / girlfriend's Paypal.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:12 AM   #3 (permalink)

Absolutely amazing work you have done in bringing this forward. Its a shame this member has scammed you and hopefully since you have posted clear evidence something can be done for you.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:24 AM   #4 (permalink)

Wowzer. I'm sorry to see this happen to you. This was a very well put together thread, I guess he probably thought he could get away with it
Old 04-10-2012, 02:26 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimssouvenirs View Post
Very well put together thread. Looks like you did your due diligence. I certainly am appreciative with how you have carried yourself with this presentation. Makes my decision to block this clown very easy.

He could be using his wife / girlfriend's Paypal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Absolutely amazing work you have done in bringing this forward. Its a shame this member has scammed you and hopefully since you have posted clear evidence something can be done for you.
Thanks guys.

Update
I've tried to work out a resolution with the buyer via PMs and I think I'm not allowed to post PMs or can I? Anyway this is what happened:

I PMed the buyer to seek full payment for the lot and finally received a reply:

"I just got this lot recently. I can pay you back the majority of the money, but I was not happy with the transaction. I don't believe you deserve full payment due to the very long delays and the fact that the ship date from the tracking number was AFTER I requested to cancel the purchase. "

I am absolutely fuming when reading this. So does that mean I will never know that he has received this package had i not pressed him for answers? Isn't this a scam?

Yes, i agree that there was a delay but a deal was in place and the situation (festive period) isn't in my control. I apologise to the buyer and explained this situation during our PM exchanges then in early January. I always ship out item a day or 2 after payment was made and my itrader proves my point.

Just because there was a delay, it doesn't mean that he can knock off chunks of money now does it? I then replied if he is unhappy, just send me back the lot and we are even and his replies are getting ridiculous:

"Not a scammer, I have done many deals beyond this scale and would have no reason to do this. This would have gone better if you had been willing to work with me in the first place.

I will send you $200 gift for what I owe you. A couple of the cards came damaged anyways. Take it or leave it; not going to spend $20 to send back a lot of cards that I waited months to receive."

Wow. Just wow. $50 lesser than what we agreed on and he came out with excuses that "cards came damage" and "not going to spend $20 to send back a lot of cards that I waited months to receive".

I don't know what else to say anymore.

Premier Hobby Singapore
Old 04-10-2012, 02:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
MSD

This is absurd. Even if he did get them recently, he should've at least..idk..told you he got them. And from what i can tell none of the cards looked the slightest bit damaged, maybe the smallest wear on a couple corners but nothing worth $50. You should definitely be getting the full 250, there's almost no evidence supporting the buyer.
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:56 AM   #7 (permalink)

Strike 1: Never telling you he got them
Strike 2: Saying he wants a refund because damaged.
Strike 3: Wanting refund for the delay.
Strike 4: Refusing to return them.

What a mess. Its obvious this guy was going to attempt to get these for free. Now he figures he certainly isnt going to pay full price. Id be furious if I were you. Its wrong for many reasons.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:53 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Unfortunately, you have to take the $200 and run.

Otherwise you will most likely never see the $$ again.
u_want_my_cards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:30 AM   #9 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Seems to be enough evidence for a strong case. I agree having 3 photobucket accounts is a tad weird- I can never fathom a reason for me to ever have more than 1.

Last edited by ManInTheMirror; 04-10-2012 at 07:42 AM.
ManInTheMirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:24 AM   #10 (permalink)

*** Personal Information Removed ***

Premier Hobby Singapore

Last edited by ckeer; 04-10-2012 at 11:56 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:38 AM   #11 (permalink)

Great detective work. I really hope BO sees this and bans him PERMANENTLY. But knowing them, they won't do anything.
password- jetscollector
jetscollector10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:48 AM   #12 (permalink)

What a POS. Looking at the scans I don't see much of anything that could be construed as damaged ? Seems to me like this kid thought Turners were going to take off after a few big games and now he wants to adjust his buying price....well actually he wanted them for free since he didn't have enough integrity to offer to pay you without you first having to do all of this but now since he's been exposed as a scammer, bless his heart, he'll take them at $50 off. What a guy.

Wonder if you can get him for mail fraud charges since he got his money back AND kept the cards ? Paypal most likely isn't going to do anything so it's probably either :

A. Take the $200.
B. Counter him at $225 and split the difference
C. See what can be done about international mail fraud

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:27 AM   #13 (permalink)

Tell him to shave that stupid ass "mustache".
Old 04-10-2012, 09:35 AM   #14 (permalink)

Great job! I love the work you did here. I WOULD NOT accept his $200 offer, I would only accept a full refund PLUS interest!

I'm sure it hurts not having the money, but I hope you feel a little better knowing you shined the light on a COMPLETE CREEP.

Good luck with your future attempts to claim YOUR money.

-I do not send paypal payments as a gift, you pay your fee's and I will pay mine-
www.JLR0747.com
Twitter: @JLR0747
JLR0747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:41 AM   #15 (permalink)

Great detective work Columbo! Sorry to hear about your trouble, but I've had a few out of country users try and extort money from me for "damaged" cards here in the last few months. I've had my fair share of troubled buyers and it hurts the hobby. It's nice to see you post this info and coltsfan23 is now blocked on my account too. Thank you and sorry to hear about this. I know what a major PITA it is.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:50 AM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

man she is a bagger for sure, yuck.
palmdesertcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:58 AM   #17 (permalink)
XL5

S/He's the notable recipient of my only negative on iTrader.

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/i...r=58088&u=8774

Last edited by XL5; 04-10-2012 at 10:01 AM.
XL5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:14 AM   #18 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to avjp87

not surprised

he said he left my package in his bookbag..............for 3 weeks, my ass

glad someone caught him, but sucks this happened to yah.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:25 AM   #19 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

great work. I hope you forward this link to a MOD and get him the hell out of here unless he pays you in full! What a azz clown
dthimesch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:37 AM   #20 (permalink)

That's horrible. What a piece of a scum. I hope you get a resolution that is in your favor.

I had a 15k order held up due to the New Year festivities. It happens and there is really nothing anyone can do about it. You shouldn't be punished for this at all.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:48 AM   #21 (permalink)
Banned

I just sold him a card last night, should I cancel the deal because of this? He basically planned to never tell you he got the lot.. what a joke.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:00 PM   #22 (permalink)

wow, great work!

I did a deal with said member in February but had no problems, just no itrader or contact after deal was made. (just confirmed w/pm's and paypal transaction it is this person)

I also think that someone hijacked this persons twitter account, so I wonder if we are even dealing with the right person anymore #ankesh23

I may be off and have the wrong person in general, but some extra food for thought.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10

Last edited by Cactuspies; 04-10-2012 at 01:21 PM. Reason: update
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:04 PM   #23 (permalink)

Goes to show, it doesn't matter how many itrader you have around here, it only takes one time to scam people!!
Old 04-10-2012, 12:39 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
I just sold him a card last night, should I cancel the deal because of this? He basically planned to never tell you he got the lot.. what a joke.
Id be careful. If he gets the cards he may not tell you,refund. If he gets them and they take too long, refund. If he gets them and tells you he got them on time they will most likely be damaged,refund. Seems to be a pattern forming...
Old 04-10-2012, 12:47 PM   #25 (permalink)
Banned

wonder why he hasnt come in here to defend himself????
palmdesertcards is offline   Reply With Quote