Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2012, 11:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
bigzig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Indy
Posts: 5,602
Default 134 retractions

Ebay user petekoehnen. It appears he spends a good amount of money on ebay, but 134 retractions is absolutely ridiculous. I just don't understand the mindset of anyone that feels they need to pull crap like that.

End rant.....

Last edited by bigzig; 04-13-2012 at 11:13 AM. Reason: spelling
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,479
Default

134 retractions. Nuts.

Id like to know the reasons for retractions. I mean some people use retractions to find the highest bid. Some use it to shill. Then there are some that just do it for fun.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
bigzig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Indy
Posts: 5,602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
134 retractions. Nuts.

Id like to know the reasons for retractions. I mean some people use retractions to find the highest bid. Some use it to shill. Then there are some that just do it for fun.
I have no idea why he does it. On my auction I had the starting bid set at the minimum I would accept. He was the first bidder then nearly 24hrs later he retracted. It wasn't like he was finding anyone elses bid out by doing it.

Just make up your mind before you bid. It's not a game where you bid until you win one then retract the rest.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Zerokruel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 6,461
Default

I use to have a buyer who would retract his bids. This guy was a real piece of work, the only reason I didn't block him, was because he posts on another forum I use. He was actually one of the more respected and heavy posters too.

He would be the leader on multiple auctions, then with barely 24+ hours to go, he would retract all of his bids and set a snipe. He would always win them for less than his previous bids. Just brought down the sales on everything he bought.
__________________
Currently looking for the following comic Books:
United Comics: 21,22,23,24,26
Tip Top: 173 & 184
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,479
Default

Im against people who mess up auctions. Especially with retractions. Ill be the first to admit that if I see an auction for a card I want and the bidding has retracations, I tend to stay away. Hurts the innocent seller.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Zerokruel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 6,461
Default

Oh ya, I'm pretty sure he cost me around $300+ during a 6 month span. I just looked him up, and he has 27 bid retractions in 6 months... I've never done 1 and I've been on ebay since 1998.
__________________
Currently looking for the following comic Books:
United Comics: 21,22,23,24,26
Tip Top: 173 & 184
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,479
Default

I have a bunch of bid retractions. Like 6 or 7

All my fault and I admit to purpose retracting them. Im in Canada. Sometimes I have a tendancy of putting in a bid on an item without reading. Its always shipping. Some guys want like $55 shipping for a $5 card. In which case I retract my bid. Or I retract my bid from auctions that claim no International shipping yet I can still be with a Canadian ebay account.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Gibberish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 6,573
Default

Wait
He bid and changed his mind before he aution ended amd someone may or may not have gotten a sale ?
Oh I would much rather him get the item,have remorse,make up some BS and drag it out......
His number of retractions ? Unusually,maybe he has OCD, but in the real world,the alternative is much worse, let it go and get over it lol
__________________
I Collect Marbles,Amazing Spider-man comics and tears! Mr. Sensitivity at your service
Gibberish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
bigzig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Indy
Posts: 5,602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post
I use to have a buyer who would retract his bids. This guy was a real piece of work, the only reason I didn't block him, was because he posts on another forum I use. He was actually one of the more respected and heavy posters too.

He would be the leader on multiple auctions, then with barely 24+ hours to go, he would retract all of his bids and set a snipe. He would always win them for less than his previous bids. Just brought down the sales on everything he bought.
That's pretty f'd up. I would have reported every single one of the invalid retractions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
Wait
He bid and changed his mind before he aution ended amd someone may or may not have gotten a sale ?
Oh I would much rather him get the item,have remorse,make up some BS and drag it out......
His number of retractions ? Unusually,maybe he has OCD, but in the real world,the alternative is much worse, let it go and get over it lol

I know in the grand scheme of life it's not that big of deal. If he would have 1 or 2 retractions it wouldn't bother me, but 134 is assinine. There is no reason for it except just toying around.

How many times do we see threads on here pointing out a retraction as a sign of a shill?

I won't lose any sleep over it. My opinion is if someone is going to dick around like that, then I don't want to deal with them. I made the thread in case someone else feels like I do. If not, oh well. I feel better.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.