Blowout Cards Forums
Top Shelf

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2012, 10:45 AM   #1 (permalink)

Thumbs down Another deadbeat buyer

The user "reasonproducer" had this posted: Buying low end mid end Lots of Autographs and Jersey Cards

We agreed on a purchase price of $.75/card. I got a list together. He wanted to alter it a bit. I obliged. Then it still wasn't good enough. I changed it up again.

Then he went silent for the last few days without responding to 2 PMs that took me about an hour to sort for him. I should have gone with my gut and not deal with this clown due to his lack of posts and feedback.

I would stay away from this deadbeat.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Just did a deal with him on SCF, he agreed to send first on a purchase I made from him, sent lightning fast and didnt have any issues.
palmdesertcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

Really? too funny you are making a big deal out of nothing. Callng me out, leaving me a negative. I dont have to buy it if i dont want to. I make many deals everyday. You were pushy saying i need to know right away and were in a rush.I changed my mind. I didnt tell you to spend all that time putting it together.You were pushing your cards on me. To leave me a negative on a deal that wasnt even agreed to is ridiculous.
reasonproducer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reasonproducer View Post
Really? too funny you are making a big deal out of nothing. Callng me out, leaving me a negative. I dont have to buy it if i dont want to. I make many deals everyday. You were pushy saying i need to know right away and were in a rush.I changed my mind. I didnt tell you to spend all that time putting it together.You were pushing your cards on me. To leave me a negative on a deal that wasnt even agreed to is ridiculous.
He said 2 things that make it your fault...

#1. It took you 2 days to respond.
#2. It took him hours to sort what you intended to buy.

So, if you had responded in a timely manner, you could have saved him the time. That time you could have saved him would have saved him the frustration. That frustration could have saved you this head ache and call out.

Again, communication broke down. If you made me waste hours of my time, id probably do more than leave you a neg.!
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
$.75 a card and the guy takes time to do it and it still isn't good enough? ANY GU/Auto is good at $.75
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:40 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Totally understandable if you did not want to buy it. I would have appreciated it if you would have told me the first time around before I sorted, resorted and then pick out the ones you did not want. The reason I did all that is because you said you would take them at $.75/card. That was the agreement that you and I had. Should I publish the PMs?

The reason I was in a rush and "pushy" is because of the work I was doing for you. Why not be a man and just tell me the first time I sorted for you that you did not want them. Would have saved me time and could have confirmed you had the testicles to say NO. However, you decided to not respond at all. Hence, the negative feedback I gave you.

I am really not hard to work with as the people who know me on these boards can attest to. I just don't like the bullsh!t nonsense that members have to put up with who actually are here to make proper trades, have communication, not scamming, etc.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

And the typical retaliatory feedback
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
Oh wow, that wasnt smart. Now banning is about to take place.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:54 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
I am not worried about that. I PMed a mod and hopefully it gets erased. If not, so be it. People here know that as a seller, I ship fast, I am honest and do everything it takes to be a great seller. As a buyer, I am prompt with payment and I am not a ball breaker when it comes to haggling like some BDs. Above all, I do my best to communicate with the other party. There are, at times, where I forget but I will never let a second PM get by me.

All I ask is for the same from the other party I am involved with.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:03 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah what a fail on his part. I can't see how this one doesn't get erased. He even made it seem like retaliation in the feedback.

MY PC NFS/NFT: http://www.zistle.com/bboi30/collections/baseball
bboi30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:16 PM   #11 (permalink)

You've got to be kidding me OP. You left him a negative because he changed his mind and never got back to you?!! Good lord, what is this site comming to. I know it's frustrating when someone backs out of a deal, but a negative??? So you sorted some cards, big deal. If I left a negative for every person that changed their mind, I'd have a lot of enemies. This is getting stupid.
Check out my photobucket by clicking on my homepage in the drop down list under my username. Looking for any Twins cards I don't have, and Mickey Mantle refractors that I don't have. I will trade for bait, on occasion. 2011 Topps Chrome auto set completed!!
stumpfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpfreeman View Post
You've got to be kidding me OP. You left him a negative because he changed his mind and never got back to you?!! Good lord, what is this site comming to. I know it's frustrating when someone backs out of a deal, but a negative??? So you sorted some cards, big deal. If I left a negative for every person that changed their mind, I'd have a lot of enemies. This is getting stupid.
Old 04-14-2012, 04:03 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
I get the OPs point and I thank him for placing the negative there. It saves another member from making the same mistake of taking the time to sort things out at an agreed upon price only to get backed out on.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:17 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
I get the OPs point and I thank him for placing the negative there. It saves another member from making the same mistake of taking the time to sort things out at an agreed upon price only to get backed out on.
I get his point as well and have felt the exact same way. I just don't see any reason for feedback. A calling out thread like this is sufficient IMO. At least he didn't send the cards and have someone ask for a refund because they weren't quite in the condition he thought they were (aka, buyers remorse). No money was exchanged. Don't even know if a PP address was sent. Yes, the buyer should have communicated right away that he didn't want the lot, but feedback?
Check out my photobucket by clicking on my homepage in the drop down list under my username. Looking for any Twins cards I don't have, and Mickey Mantle refractors that I don't have. I will trade for bait, on occasion. 2011 Topps Chrome auto set completed!!
Old 04-14-2012, 04:40 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes; I gave him a negative for this. We had an agreement that he wanted them. There were a few back and forth PMs on what he wanted and did not want cardwise. After sorting and going through BS a few times, there was no response - after 2-3 PMs. Not even an, "I am not interested." He just turned ghost and that was it. For me, that warrants a negative.
Old 04-14-2012, 04:41 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
I get his point as well and have felt the exact same way. I just don't see any reason for feedback. A calling out thread like this is sufficient IMO. At least he didn't send the cards and have someone ask for a refund because they weren't quite in the condition he thought they were (aka, buyers remorse). No money was exchanged. Don't even know if a PP address was sent. Yes, the buyer should have communicated right away that he didn't want the lot, but feedback?
Yes, a PP address was sent - twice.

I am hoping to save others the time from not dealing with this kind of nonsense.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:55 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeel View Post
Yes, a PP address was sent - twice.

I am hoping to save others the time from not dealing with this kind of nonsense.
Trust me, this nonsense will happen again and again. It just comes with the territory. People are fickle when it comes to buying/trading cards. Like I said before, I have no problem with a calling out thread for the frustration you endured, and he defianately should have communicated better. But it is every customers right to change their mind about a purchase before they pay for it. I don't think the feedback was warranted. If I walk into any store and ask a salesman for help and he spends an hour with me showing me different products, even if I say I'll take this one, or that one, I'm perfectly within my rights to decide not to purchase it before I get to the register without any negative repercussions. Does it suck for the salesman? Yes, but it's a part of sales.
Old 04-15-2012, 02:29 PM   #18 (permalink)

Personally I never commented on the feedback. I also believe the neg was a bit strong for this.

I think at best a calling out thread & a neutral would have done it.

Personally I believe the neutral is much too underused here. You know if people left more neutrals about this type of thing it would be more like a "use caution" sign when dealing with the member in question.

It would let the seller know ahead of time & then they could decide on theri own at that point whether they want to go through that hassle.

MY PC NFS/NFT: http://www.zistle.com/bboi30/collections/baseball
bboi30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:54 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Trust me, this nonsense will happen again and again. It just comes with the territory. People are fickle when it comes to buying/trading cards. Like I said before, I have no problem with a calling out thread for the frustration you endured, and he defianately should have communicated better. But it is every customers right to change their mind about a purchase before they pay for it. I don't think the feedback was warranted. If I walk into any store and ask a salesman for help and he spends an hour with me showing me different products, even if I say I'll take this one, or that one, I'm perfectly within my rights to decide not to purchase it before I get to the register without any negative repercussions. Does it suck for the salesman? Yes, but it's a part of sales.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboi30 View Post
Personally I never commented on the feedback. I also believe the neg was a bit strong for this.

I think at best a calling out thread & a neutral would have done it.

Personally I believe the neutral is much too underused here. You know if people left more neutrals about this type of thing it would be more like a "use caution" sign when dealing with the member in question.

It would let the seller know ahead of time & then they could decide on theri own at that point whether they want to go through that hassle.
I respect what you two have to say. I am very hesitant on giving out negatives in all my transactions. What generally makes me give a negative is lack of communication. All my years (13+) on ebay, forums, etc. I may have handed out a total of 4-6 negatives out of maybe 1300-1500 transactions. I cannot stand someone not being able to say yes or no. It is not hard.
Old 04-15-2012, 05:57 PM   #20 (permalink)

I handed out two negatives in the last 2 weeks!
Old 04-15-2012, 06:20 PM   #21 (permalink)

I stated in the beginning i wanted the press pass and sage only. Then you send me a list with classics, superior picks and other garbage brands. I then said again i only want the press pass sage and you sent me a list with some taken out. I would of bought the lot off of you if not for the way you messaged me sounding pushy and rushing me like you needed them gone right then. It turned me off the deal considering i didnt even know the players in the lot.
I sell cards to and tons of buyers back out of deals when i have had to go check price spreadsheets , load pic urls, and do all kinds of work for nothing. That is part of selling.
If you can not take someone not buying something you thought you had sold you shouldnt be in card dealing.

The days i did not respond i was busy listing hundreds of cards on ebay. Doing box breaks,buying up more collections (was running short on funds), spending time with my family among other things i do from day to day.Your garbage lot was last on my priority considering your messages. I would of gotten back to you at some point and maybe ended up buying the final list from you as i have some money in paypal again and can go back to buying a few things. The day i noticed the negative was when i was going to message you about the lot and hopefully finalize something.

Being impatient with a buyer that has not said payment would be sent on this day or even gotten your paypal address from you is ridiculous . I did not bid on your auction and not pay. I was working on a deal with you that had not been finalized. My feedback i gave you should not be removed because it shows other guys working with you to make sure to not show interest in something unless they plan to pay right away and that when someone says they want something that its all of a sudden a contract to buy.

When im selling and someone does not message me back the next day i move on and try to move them in other places. If he comes back and i still have them then i will try to finalize the deal. Otherwise it means nothing to me and i keep moving as its the nature of card dealing.

This site should really get trade creator cause leaving feedback for just anyone is rjust crazy and you should be banned from selling for leaving me feedback on a non deal.
reasonproducer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:28 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
I stated in the beginning i wanted the press pass and sage only. Then you send me a list with classics, superior picks and other garbage brands. I then said again i only want the press pass sage and you sent me a list with some taken out. I would of bought the lot off of you if not for the way you messaged me sounding pushy and rushing me like you needed them gone right then. It turned me off the deal considering i didnt even know the players in the lot.
I sell cards to and tons of buyers back out of deals when i have had to go check price spreadsheets , load pic urls, and do all kinds of work for nothing. That is part of selling.
If you can not take someone not buying something you thought you had sold you shouldnt be in card dealing.

The days i did not respond i was busy listing hundreds of cards on ebay. Doing box breaks,buying up more collections (was running short on funds), spending time with my family among other things i do from day to day.Your garbage lot was last on my priority considering your messages. I would of gotten back to you at some point and maybe ended up buying the final list from you as i have some money in paypal again and can go back to buying a few things. The day i noticed the negative was when i was going to message you about the lot and hopefully finalize something.

Being impatient with a buyer that has not said payment would be sent on this day or even gotten your paypal address from you is ridiculous . I did not bid on your auction and not pay. I was working on a deal with you that had not been finalized. My feedback i gave you should not be removed because it shows other guys working with you to make sure to not show interest in something unless they plan to pay right away and that when someone says they want something that its all of a sudden a contract to buy.

When im selling and someone does not message me back the next day i move on and try to move them in other places. If he comes back and i still have them then i will try to finalize the deal. Otherwise it means nothing to me and i keep moving as its the nature of card dealing.

This site should really get trade creator cause leaving feedback for just anyone is rjust crazy and you should be banned from selling for leaving me feedback on a non deal.
You were all over the place with what you wanted. You said you were going to buy them and then you were on how many times and my PMs went unanswered. All you needed to do was give a reply. Instead, you ignored the PMs. I am not going to get into a pissing match with you. I have said what I needed to say. To other posters, take it how you want to.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:41 PM   #23 (permalink)

That is the second retalitory feedback I have seen in the last 2 weeks. Good luck getting it removed. It is not gonna be as easy as you think. I cannot begin to tell you how many times I have heard the words "I will take it" from someone on here and I never heard back and they never paid. At least 20 and thats just off the top of my head. The reason I dont leave negatives is pretty obvious. Buyers on here know they can back out and hit you back with a retaliation neg if you choose to drop a neg on them. Thats pretty crappy that they are allowed to do that.

Last edited by cking; 04-15-2012 at 07:02 PM.
cking is offline   Reply With Quote