Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2012, 10:52 PM   #26 (permalink)

Well that's my worry too.

Edit:

Been looking around online quite a bit too over the past month just looking at other testimonials and have seen some irregularities all over the place.

A lot of people have seen 2 weeks, but there's also some people who have seen anywhere from 4-12 weeks. I'm still holding out hope... I'd really like for things to work out here. *Fingers crossed*

Last edited by durstlimpbizkit; 04-20-2012 at 11:57 PM.
durstlimpbizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:00 AM   #27 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to slufan83 Send a message via MSN to slufan83 Send a message via Yahoo to slufan83

I live in Illinois about an hour from St. Louis, and since the beginning of the year it seems like, I've been getting parcels from Canada in about 5-7 days. Since I'm always buying hockey cards on eBay, most of which come from Canada....it seems like this year, nothing has taken over 2 weeks to get to me. PayPal only allows 45 days to file claim, so if you're up the 30s in days that it has been, I would file a claim just to be on the safe side. If it does ever arrive after the fact, just be honest and send the seller back the money.
slufan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:09 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slufan83 View Post
I live in Illinois about an hour from St. Louis, and since the beginning of the year it seems like, I've been getting parcels from Canada in about 5-7 days. Since I'm always buying hockey cards on eBay, most of which come from Canada....it seems like this year, nothing has taken over 2 weeks to get to me. PayPal only allows 45 days to file claim, so if you're up the 30s in days that it has been, I would file a claim just to be on the safe side. If it does ever arrive after the fact, just be honest and send the seller back the money.
This is the point I'm at now.

I want those cards to show up... and the second they do I'm giving my refund right back.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:56 AM   #29 (permalink)

How many days are you at high 30s? I'd probably file it.
SerialKilnWalkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:01 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKilnWalkr View Post
How many days are you at high 30s? I'd probably file it.
Seller refunded me so I can't complain in that regard. however... if the cards show up then I'm obviously giving him the money back.

I just would rather have the cards and hope that they still show up. I've heard of some weird stuff with shipping from Canada so who knows... it could show up I just have no idea what to expect.

I talked to someone who said they had cards get held up 6 weeks... I don't know... at this point I'm worried that I should look for the cards that were supposed to be coming to me but now I'm not sure if I wait or pursue the ones I need.

It's a rough situation.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:32 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
I think US senders sending to Canada dont have much issues.

this US sender did.

Last year I sold a Rizzo BC Blue ref auto 9.5 on ebay for 240 when he got called up last year . The seller claimed he never received it, and me being new, only had a customs number which I thought would show that item was delivered so pp said oh look negative 240 should be taken from here.

This was a month later and Rizzo had flopped and I bought another BC Blue Ref Auto 9.5 for 90 bucks. And mailed to the guy with express shipping and a 330 value for customs declaration as thats what it cost me. He received it. And had to pay about $75 in taxes.

If you're not paying ebay prices, I'll sell my cards on eBay. Thanks
gunshowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:55 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
90% of the high end stuff I buy on ebay from sellers gets sent with a declaring value low enough that I dont have to pay. These types of sellers get my repeat business. If you choose not to and charge me the duties because you felt the need to ding me then Ill follow through with a low dsr rating for the seller. I mean if you play by the rules, then im forced to play by the rules and be honest on my feedback to the seller.

Most seller are willing to work with it. This also helps your auctions. If I need to factor in 30% more for a card then I wont bid as high on the card as well. Seller loses out again with not getting top dollar.
Brilliant. It's not the sellers fault your country charges you tax thereby "forcing" you to nail his DSR.

People wonder why guys won't ship outside the US anymore.
Norfolk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:03 PM   #33 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norfolk23 View Post
Brilliant. It's not the sellers fault your country charges you tax thereby "forcing" you to nail his DSR.

People wonder why guys won't ship outside the US anymore.
I dont know why they dont. But I can tell you that they recieve drastically less bids and their auctions end for lower prices.

Declaring a value on a sportscards from the secondary market is an opinion. As much as I dont want to pay taxes on a sellers declaration, im sure the seller doesnt want to nor does he pay taxes on the generation of that income. So why ding the buyer?

If you choose to declare at full value and the duties add up to crazy fees, atleast state that in your auctions. That way we can budget for it.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:42 PM   #34 (permalink)

I just paid $60 to ship a box of cards to the US oops
Ooosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:52 PM   #35 (permalink)
Banned

I live closer to the border, in NJ, and it took a good 3 and a half weeks for me to receive my cards
Sidthekidc87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:52 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
I dont know why they dont. But I can tell you that they recieve drastically less bids and their auctions end for lower prices.

Declaring a value on a sportscards from the secondary market is an opinion. As much as I dont want to pay taxes on a sellers declaration, im sure the seller doesnt want to nor does he pay taxes on the generation of that income. So why ding the buyer?

If you choose to declare at full value and the duties add up to crazy fees, atleast state that in your auctions. That way we can budget for it.
Shouldnt honesty be assumed? Fortunately International buyers DSR's dont count towards discounts so if you lay into his DSRs it doesnt even matter.
cruiserdaddy7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:26 PM   #37 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Shouldnt honesty be assumed? Fortunately International buyers DSR's dont count towards discounts so if you lay into his DSRs it doesnt even matter.
The best way to teach a lesson to a seller that is not willing to work with a buyer is to simply not bid on his auctions. Hopefully enough distaste leads them to eventually fizzle in sales thereby taking him out of business. Best case scenario... "you cant have my money".

I find this new trend in sellers to be amusing. They act as if they are selling you a life line. That their product is one that you cannot live without therefore they can rip you off, charge you extra for services not rendered and simply be rude in communication and unwilling to work with buyers. They also feel that self entitlement of dealing sports cards should negate them to proper business practices.

Sooner than later, they pinch will be felt by these sellers. Hopefully appropriate feedback, low dsr and lack of sales helps kill off these egotistical sellers and replaces them with those who put customer service as a priority.

Like I said, if honesty is apart of the game, the let both parties be honest. If you want me to pay my taxes and duties, then I should be within my right to report a seller to make sure they are paying their taxes on revenues generated via ebay sales. Its not that hard to report them to the IRS.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote