Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2012, 01:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Thoughts on this issue on here ....

Was up last night, a little after 1. Saw some lots I wanted, messaged the seller and he gave me a lot price. I sent him a counter and went to bed, because I have class in 10 hours. I get up, send him a message after I see he accepted my offer saying I would pay after class, just letting him know and I was told after that all the cards were sold? I realize, nothing is sold until paid for, but I think my feedback speaks for itself. To not even be given time to pay because I am alseep seems odd to me. Does this warrant any feedback here?
Old 04-18-2012, 02:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

I would say its just a crappy seller, I wouldnt leave a neg I dont think, I would just avoid this clown in the future.
palmdesertcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:46 PM   #3 (permalink)

Ya I had this happen with a seller here. Douche 101!
Major_League is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:02 PM   #4 (permalink)

Doesn't sound like someone I would want to deal with.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

I think it's neg worthy. You both agreed on the deal. You let him know when you were paying then he sold them, not cool. Pm their name to block please.
GoTribe!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:24 PM   #6 (permalink)

Avoid yes but neg no I don't believe is necessary.
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

I think a neg is worthy in this case.
Sidthekidc87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:58 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

Did you tell him when you made the counter offer that you wouldn't be on-line for a while?

As a whole I agree it sucks - and he should have given you time to reply - but it can also be frustrating when I've traded PM's with someone for like 20 minutes straight and as soon as I send a PM accepting a deal they stop replying (for whatever reason) - because then I get stuck holding the items all night.

Again - you are in the right - but just curious if you gave him the heads up you'd be going to bed and you'd reply in the morning if he accepted.

I just always do that if I'm in the middle of negotiations and I have to get off-line.
asujbl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

I don't see it as an issue at all actually, definitely not neg worthy- not even neutral. I guess I'm just more laid back than some people.
ManInTheMirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
I don't see it as an issue at all actually, definitely not neg worthy- not even neutral. I guess I'm just more laid back than some people.
this is an extremely judgmental case.

It all depends when you feel the deal is done.

In my opinion, once both the seller and buyer agree to a sale, the deal is done (in my eyes)
Old 04-18-2012, 04:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

This site really could use a trade manager function. This issue doesnt come up on SCF, once a deal is posted up over there and both parties accept the deal, it becomes final at that point.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:04 PM   #12 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidthekidc87 View Post
this is an extremely judgmental case.

It all depends when you feel the deal is done.

In my opinion, once both the seller and buyer agree to a sale, the deal is done (in my eyes)

What are your thoughts on my post then? Just curious. No right or wrong of course.

I agree when both sides agree to a deal the deal is "done" - but if we've been talking for for say 10 minutes going back and forth on offers, and I tell you I'll pay $50.00 for you item, and you reply you'll accept - but I've signed off line without telling you that I wouldn't be back until tomorrow, thus not paying until tomorrow, wouldn't you be a bit frustrated that I didn't give you the heads up? Technically I've offered and you've accepted but I feel like there is a fine line when we've been trading PM's in real time or if we each just reply every few hours.

Not saying this is what the OP is saying, for all I know they've just been PM'ing like once a day, just curious as to what you'd feel about that hypothetical.

Agree with the poster above me - this is the only thing I like about SCF better then blowout - until Trade Manager is updated as a confirmed trade it's not a done deal.
asujbl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
What are your thoughts on my post then? Just curious. No right or wrong of course.

I agree when both sides agree to a deal the deal is "done" - but if we've been talking for for say 10 minutes going back and forth on offers, and I tell you I'll pay $50.00 for you item, and you reply you'll accept - but I've signed off line without telling you that I wouldn't be back until tomorrow, thus not paying until tomorrow, wouldn't you be a bit frustrated that I didn't give you the heads up? Technically I've offered and you've accepted but I feel like there is a fine line when we've been trading PM's in real time or if we each just reply every few hours.

Not saying this is what the OP is saying, for all I know they've just been PM'ing like once a day, just curious as to what you'd feel about that hypothetical.

Agree with the poster above me - this is the only thing I like about SCF better then blowout - until Trade Manager is updated as a confirmed trade it's not a done deal.
agreed as well

If the OP told the seller he'd pay in xxx amount of hours, and the seller accepted, its a done deal at that point. If not, the seller is still wrong, but a neg isn't justified
Old 04-18-2012, 06:10 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardCollector View Post
Was up last night, a little after 1. Saw some lots I wanted, messaged the seller and he gave me a lot price. I sent him a counter and went to bed, because I have class in 10 hours. I get up, send him a message after I see he accepted my offer saying I would pay after class, just letting him know and I was told after that all the cards were sold? I realize, nothing is sold until paid for, but I think my feedback speaks for itself. To not even be given time to pay because I am alseep seems odd to me. Does this warrant any feedback here?

i dont really see a problem here. he accepted your offer and you didnt get back to him till the morning. i dont like to hold cards and wait for someone to get back to me and miss others offering the money right now. this site does have alot of flakes on here now adays. your feedback would have been enough for me to wait though but thats just my opinion.
underwood4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:41 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmdesertcards View Post
This site really could use a trade manager function. This issue doesnt come up on SCF, once a deal is posted up over there and both parties accept the deal, it becomes final at that point.
No, this site needs to install some flat out rules for B/S/T on here. People dont respond in timely manners, dont pay in timely manners and no one seems sure of how to approach situations like this. If they had some rules in black and white then there would not be any judgements left up to individuals. You either followed the B/S/T rules or you did not. Simple. And the party that did not follow the rules should not be able to leave feedback.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:48 PM   #16 (permalink)

I posted some buys last night and made 5 deals. I paid within 5 minutes of agreeing to a final price. Why is this so hard? In the time the OP logged in to send the message about his class he could have gone to Paypal and paid. Thats my opinion. There are too many problems on here where people hold cards and never get paid. I agree there needs to be something set in stone and followed. Common sense never seems to prevail on here anymore.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:56 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
That's also because when the deal is in place you get up to a certain number of days to pay/send.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:01 PM   #18 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmannings#1fan View Post
That's also because when the deal is in place you get up to a certain number of days to pay/send.
what do you mean? im confused... I have done roughly 300 deals over there and everyone pays instantly, at least in all the sales i have made.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:36 PM   #19 (permalink)

Yea but its those who burn sellers that lead to this i have had several cards sold verbally an never seen a dime some users just play games on here but as my sig says let it be known
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:32 PM   #20 (permalink)

Were they 'quick sales'? If so, I do not think he is in the wrong at all.

If they were not priced to move (subjective, I understand) -- I might understand why you'd be a little upset but if I were you I would have mentioned to him I would be back at it in the morning.
Ooosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:36 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
I posted some buys last night and made 5 deals. I paid within 5 minutes of agreeing to a final price. Why is this so hard? In the time the OP logged in to send the message about his class he could have gone to Paypal and paid. Thats my opinion. There are too many problems on here where people hold cards and never get paid. I agree there needs to be something set in stone and followed. Common sense never seems to prevail on here anymore.
I could not agree more. Its flat out BS that someone can say "I'll take it", then not pay or respond at all and drop a Negative on you. They are the ones that did not pay or follow through.Why are they being allowed to leave negatives, I dont understand that. And I have asked 10x and cannot get or recieve an explanation from anyone. It really turns sellers off. Its pretty bad when someone makes a sales thread and hopes that certin people dont respond to the thread because it is a hassle to deal with them.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:53 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
what do you mean? im confused... I have done roughly 300 deals over there and everyone pays instantly, at least in all the sales i have made.
I sold a couple LaFells on there and was expecting instant payment but it didn't happen even though it was posted in the TM. I contacted a mod to see what's up & was told the buyer had 3 days to pay...........That's what I'm talking about!!
Old 04-18-2012, 08:54 PM   #23 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmannings#1fan View Post
I sold a couple LaFells on there and was expecting instant payment but it didn't happen even though it was posted in the TM. I contacted a mod to see what's up & was told the buyer had 3 days to pay...........That's what I'm talking about!!
interesting, never had that issue!
Old 04-18-2012, 09:00 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
interesting, never had that issue!
Well it wasn't really a big deal since SCF has the trade manager, here on BO it be a different story.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:44 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidthekidc87 View Post
I think a neg is worthy in this case.
How do you come to the conclusion that this deserves a negative when no money was exchanged, yet here RANT ! `. You say that negative isn't needed when in fact money was sent and is in the process of getting refunded. Not trying to start with any members just trying to understand how you arrive at your choices. Because you are young and so is longhorn you feel no neg should be given but because Ryan and whoever the seller was are established members then it's ok?