Blowout Cards Forums
Baseball Card Singles

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2012, 07:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Negotiations, not possible?

Not sure where to post this, but it's a member thing so here works.

My biggest pet-peeve is people seeing one price and deciding based on that price. Just today alone, 12 people asked prices on cards and each time I gave them a price and every time I said the price is negotiable and these 12 people said, "Sorry too high, thanks." I would then respond with, "As I said, negotiable." No one responded. What part of OBO do people not understand? Sometimes it is a low ball offer, but that is okay, it may be workable. I could see maybe people being offended by a high price (these prices weren't that bad however), but still.

On that subject, what about people who just ignore. this happens daily, someone is interested in cards, they ask for a price, trade, whatever and I send them one and they never respond. Is it THAT hard to communicate now a days? It isn't hard to make a deal because people want bottom price here, it is hard because no one responds or barter.

My rant for the last month.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

For part one. Some people dont feel like negotiating. What exactly is wrong with people saying "no thanks" and just moving along, even if you make it clear the price is negotiable? Some people just want a clear cut price, and if its in their budget, they buy, and if not, they move on. I dont think there is any reason to get upset because people say no thanks and dont counter an "obo", and honestly, I think its being a bit over sensitive getting frustrated over.

Regarding part two, everyone has a right to get upset over being ignored. However, its the way the board goes. People complain about it all the time. Theres no way to shell out consequences for ignoring a pm because half the people on the board would get suspended or banned. The constant threads about people ignoring pms is getting tiresome, and Ive only been active on the board for 5 months-ish. People are just going to have to deal with it. you're not gong to change the way people act, and there really isn't a way to enforce it.
Sidthekidc87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidthekidc87 View Post
For part one. Some people dont feel like negotiating. What exactly is wrong with people saying "no thanks" and just moving along, even if you make it clear the price is negotiable? Some people just want a clear cut price, and if its in their budget, they buy, and if not, they move on. I dont think there is any reason to get upset because people say no thanks and dont counter an "obo", and honestly, I think its being a bit over sensitive getting frustrated over.

Regarding part two, everyone has a right to get upset over being ignored. However, its the way the board goes. People complain about it all the time. Theres no way to shell out consequences for ignoring a pm because half the people on the board would get suspended or banned. The constant threads about people ignoring pms is getting tiresome, and Ive only been active on the board for 5 months-ish. People are just going to have to deal with it. you're not gong to change the way people act, and there really isn't a way to enforce it.
Well the thing with part 1 is I won't undervalue my cards. It usually goes I put my price high (which is like eBay prices ha), they offer low, we meet in the middle. I can't read peoples minds on what they want to pay, so tell me. if it is too high, say sorry I'd be in at this. Not hard to add 5 more words to a sorry PM.

Part 2, it is just cowardly honestly. Especially when people ask you to take time to get a list, only to not respond. Course these are the same people who have 5 transactions in 3 years.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Sell something for what you want. I never have an issue selling items because I know what I can net on Ebay and I will take that here.

If something is selling for $29 on Ebaysell it for $25 here. It you want to haggle then do so. If not then post firm.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:24 PM   #5 (permalink)

Man you really have a hard time making deals. Both times I inquired with you on cards you got upset. Maybe you should stop trying to sell as it seems it's consuming your life...
Major_League is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
Sell something for what you want. I never have an issue selling items because I know what I can net on Ebay and I will take that here.

If something is selling for $29 on Ebaysell it for $25 here. It you want to haggle then do so. If not then post firm.
That is what I do, I always post OBO because I don't mind haggling. I am dealing with 500,000 cards so when I take 20 minutes to get a list and then they don't respond, it gets annoying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_League View Post
Man you really have a hard time making deals. Both times I inquired with you on cards you got upset. Maybe you should stop trying to sell as it seems it's consuming your life...
Well I could go homeless then. Without this job, I'd be homeless. I've made 100 deals in 6 months, I'm fine. And I was upset because you took days to respond yet you were on here every day. I had to PM you just to figure out what you were doing. Could of responded saying I'll pass or maybe or whatever.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:42 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
That is what I do, I always post OBO because I don't mind haggling. I am dealing with 500,000 cards so when I take 20 minutes to get a list and then they don't respond, it gets annoying

Well I could go homeless then. Without this job, I'd be homeless. I've made 100 deals in 6 months, I'm fine. And I was upset because you took days to respond yet you were on here every day. I had to PM you just to figure out what you were doing. Could of responded saying I'll pass or maybe or whatever.
Not the way I recall it. Anyway, good luck to you.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Not the way I recall it. Anyway, good luck to you.
Why do you care about a 21 year old kid with $3 cards, too low-end for you man. Go spend your money on the big guns anyway. You are difficult to deal with, I'm not the only one who thinks this. As I stated in a previous thread I do get frustrated when making deals sometimes and I shouldn't haha, just ignore them from now on.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:52 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Why do you care about a 21 year old kid with $3 cards, too low-end for you man. Go spend your money on the big guns anyway. You are difficult to deal with, I'm not the only one who thinks this. As I stated in a previous thread I do get frustrated when making deals sometimes and I shouldn't haha, just ignore them from now on.
I said good luck to you and then you insult me? I only responded since it seems you post a new thread like this every few days. That and the fact some of your pm's were less than deal oriented.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:59 PM   #10 (permalink)

I'm gonna defend nuccionino. I've inquired on cards before and been told "come correct" in my offer on a card I wasn't gonna pay over $6 dlvd for. I had a good point because I collect a scrub...the other guy had a good point because he has a card I need. So I knew we weren't gonna make a deal. But I STILL replied with either an offer (I can't go over $8 man sorry) or a "I don't think my offer is worth your time...sorry."

It's called common courtesy. If you express interest, and they ask you to name a price, you reply back with either a price or a "this isn't gonna work." When you don't reply back you break the system and everything gets f'ed. I'm sorry if you're too busy with your job/school/family/whatever but I seem to always find another time to send a 10 character pm so I'm not sure why everything is so different for the not answerers.

That said, I have had very few issues on this board. Most people communicate fantastically with me and I've only been screwed over once...and even then I nicely communicated him into sending the card anyway lol. I try to live by the motto that I will always be the last person to send a message in a convo. As long as its not snippy and douchy, that last positive message leaves a good impression and helps out in the long run, whether a deal is done in that specific transaction or not.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I said good luck to you and then you insult me? I only responded since it seems you post a new thread like this every few days. That and the fact some of your pm's were less than deal oriented.
Facts, you have money and you like me, aren't the easiest to work it. Didn't mean it as an insult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpastikMooss View Post
I'm gonna defend nuccionino. I've inquired on cards before and been told "come correct" in my offer on a card I wasn't gonna pay over $6 dlvd for. I had a good point because I collect a scrub...the other guy had a good point because he has a card I need. So I knew we weren't gonna make a deal. But I STILL replied with either an offer (I can't go over $8 man sorry) or a "I don't think my offer is worth your time...sorry."

It's called common courtesy. If you express interest, and they ask you to name a price, you reply back with either a price or a "this isn't gonna work." When you don't reply back you break the system and everything gets f'ed. I'm sorry if you're too busy with your job/school/family/whatever but I seem to always find another time to send a 10 character pm so I'm not sure why everything is so different for the not answerers.

That said, I have had very few issues on this board. Most people communicate fantastically with me and I've only been screwed over once...and even then I nicely communicated him into sending the card anyway lol. I try to live by the motto that I will always be the last person to send a message in a convo. As long as its not snippy and douchy, that last positive message leaves a good impression and helps out in the long run, whether a deal is done in that specific transaction or not.
That's good to hear, I can get snappy sometimes (Like I did with Major League). Like I just had someone inquire about cards, I sent a list and then he just said I'm not interested. I deleted the thread without getting mad haha. I have the same motto, try to be the last to send a PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

I think just put the actual rock bottom price out there upfront with firm next to it. that usually works for me.
palmdesertcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:08 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Like I just had someone inquire about cards, I sent a list and then he just said I'm not interested. I deleted the thread without getting mad haha.
Exactly. The other day some guy said he was buying older rookies. I went through 1,000's of cards and pulled like 30 and said do you want them. He answered me back "probably not worth shipping." Crappy that I wasted my time lol, but he was legit and told me he didn't want what I have. I can respect that. So all was well.

Now if I did all that and pm'd and he didn't answer back because it wasn't worth it? That's not cool. I sent you a pm about something you claimed to have interest in...at least let me know I didn't meet your needs so I can delete the pm and move on to the next deal.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:13 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmdesertcards View Post
I think just put the actual rock bottom price out there upfront with firm next to it. that usually works for me.
If they were mine I would haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpastikMooss View Post
Exactly. The other day some guy said he was buying older rookies. I went through 1,000's of cards and pulled like 30 and said do you want them. He answered me back "probably not worth shipping." Crappy that I wasted my time lol, but he was legit and told me he didn't want what I have. I can respect that. So all was well.

Now if I did all that and pm'd and he didn't answer back because it wasn't worth it? That's not cool. I sent you a pm about something you claimed to have interest in...at least let me know I didn't meet your needs so I can delete the pm and move on to the next deal.
I'd rather be told no thanks then ignored haha. I agree there. I hate the probably not worth shipping, or it isn't worth your time. I don't mind selling a card for $.50 shipped haha that is for sure. Any deal is possible IMO
Old 04-26-2012, 10:15 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
I hate the probably not worth shipping, or it isn't worth your time. I don't mind selling a card for $.50 shipped haha that is for sure. Any deal is possible IMO
Haha see that's where I don't mind as a grad student. I'm like "damn...it's gonna cost $2.48 to ship since I get expensive bubble mailers...and you want 25 cards...I can't do $1 lol." So I understand when it doesn't work out. If I ever sold more though and bought my mailers online I'd be wheeling and dealing like crazy. If there's a will there's a way!
Old 04-26-2012, 10:17 PM   #16 (permalink)

Yea but i price mine lower then ebay and people still message me with some obsurd offer guess days of people paying what its valued are long gone now everyone wants a bowman chrome auto for $100 and free shipping
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:19 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post
Yea but i price mine lower then ebay and people still message me with some obsurd offer guess days of people paying what its valued are long gone now everyone wants a bowman chrome auto for $100 and free shipping
Well that's the Blowout Beast. They're buying off Ebay so they want to underpay every time hahaha.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:15 AM   #18 (permalink)

Just take your time and learn who to deal with and who to stay away from. If you glance through all my feedbacks you will see reoccurring names and there is a reason for that.
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote