Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2012, 04:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Just need some advice - ebay transaction with BO member

I just wanted to get some opinions on this. I purchased a large lot of cards from a seller on ebay who happens to be a member on here. The cards came in today in one of the 400 count boxes. Unfortunately, every single card is damaged in the bottom left corner. I will obviously contact the seller before I do anything, but is this a situation where I am screwed because of no insurance or what? It does me no good to ship them back because I would be out $8-$9 just in shipping. It says they don't accept returns or exchanges. It just stinks because literally every card is ruined. Advice?
Old 05-02-2012, 05:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

who is the member in question?
palmdesertcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

I would directly contact the member to see what they are willing to do. The seller does have a responsibility to package the cards to prevent damage during shipping. Hope this works out well for you.

Palmdesertcards - There is no need to troll the Ebay seller. Lets see what these two can work out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd3d86 View Post
I just wanted to get some opinions on this. I purchased a large lot of cards from a seller on ebay who happens to be a member on here. The cards came in today in one of the 400 count boxes. Unfortunately, every single card is damaged in the bottom left corner. I will obviously contact the seller before I do anything, but is this a situation where I am screwed because of no insurance or what? It does me no good to ship them back because I would be out $8-$9 just in shipping. It says they don't accept returns or exchanges. It just stinks because literally every card is ruined. Advice?
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:45 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmdesertcards View Post
who is the member in question?
I'd rather not say because it may not be his fault and don't want to give him a bad name. It just looks like the box was dropped on its side during shipping, but I still don't think I should be out the cards and the money.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
ND3

Contact seller about damaged cards.......if no refund. Put in a paypal claim. When you ship back do it with signature confirmation. Seller is responsible for packaging them securely and should have sent with insurance. Anything over $200 I send gets signature confirm + insurance.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Was the 400 ct box in another box. If not it is his fault for not shipping them properly. If it was double boxed I don't know what to tell you.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
marino5084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:59 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND3 View Post
Contact seller about damaged cards.......if no refund. Put in a paypal claim. When you ship back do it with signature confirmation. Seller is responsible for packaging them securely and should have sent with insurance. Anything over $200 I send gets signature confirm + insurance.
The total cost was only around $32 dlvd. I'm just thinking how crappy it is that I would have to send back at around $9 and then not have the cards either. It was Heritage base and some SP's and inserts, but mostly base.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:00 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino5084 View Post
Was the 400 ct box in another box. If not it is his fault for not shipping them properly. If it was double boxed I don't know what to tell you.
No, it was just the 400 count box with tape around the edges.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:19 PM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Items aren't as described so you'd win any claims, but as you said you'd have to ship back. Were cards just inserted into the 400 box? How was packing (trying to determine how well they were packed)
Old 05-02-2012, 06:23 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
Items aren't as described so you'd win any claims, but as you said you'd have to ship back. Were cards just inserted into the 400 box? How was packing (trying to determine how well they were packed)
The cards were just put in the box like normal, but they had old cheap football cards along the back of the box. The SP's were in a team bag, but were still damaged. It seriously looks like someone at the PO dropped it directly on the corner of the box from 6 feet up.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:39 PM   #11 (permalink)

It does not matter who damaged it. You paid for cards in good condition and you recieved cards not in good condition. You did not get what you paid for. Sucks for the seller if the post office did this to his package but thems the breaks. You do business online you take that chance. Ask for a refund. If he refuses, file an item not as described. Hopefully they do the right thing. I understand it is not thier fault, but it certinly is not your fault either so why should you have to lose out.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:03 PM   #12 (permalink)

I just contacted him and he said he would refund me when the cards came back. I just wish the post office was more careful. I realize it's only $9, but man it stinks!
Old 05-02-2012, 07:08 PM   #13 (permalink)

One of the biggest mistakes sellers make these days is shipping card lots in card boxes without card fillers on BOTH sides: the front/back ends need card fillers, but so do the top/bottom.

A simple piece of cardboard, cut to the full side of the card box, is the perfect fit, keeps the cards snug and from moving around during transport. Or if your card box is 200 count, then the Panini card fillers do the job perfectly.

You are not at fault. Return the cards. eBay buyer protection was made for just these things.

Here's a pic of a properly packed lot of cards. This 200 count box would then, ideally, be put inside another box with packing peanuts for a snug fit:
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:14 PM   #14 (permalink)

It sounds like the seller did not ship the cards properly. It doesn't matter if the cards were damaged by the PO or by the seller, they should have arrived as described.

Very rarely do I leave a neg or a neut, but if I'm out $9 because the seller didn't ship right it was definitely not a positive transaction.
bigzig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:55 PM   #15 (permalink)

I'd just offer to keep them and go half and half with the seller. Rough justice.
"Blowoutcards is a messageboard filled with experts on Ping pong. These highly trained experts told us they spoke to the President of the United States Mr. Haiku and he claims the card is fake since he faked it himself. Our 2 sources (easter bunny and a unicorn with 2 legs) explained this hobby is filled with crooks." -Unknown
xbignick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:59 PM   #16 (permalink)

It would have been more fun to burn the Ebay Seller at the Stake (per Palm Desert's request) before giving him the chance to make things right. Happy to hear that things will go as good as could be expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd3d86 View Post
I just contacted him and he said he would refund me when the cards came back.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:02 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
It would have been more fun to burn the Ebay Seller at the Stake (per Palm Desert's request) before giving him the chance to make things right. Happy to hear that things will go as good as could be expected.
Yeah, it has gone as well as possible for a transaction gone wrong. It is horrible for both sides, but it will all be worked out.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:36 PM   #18 (permalink)

Heres one for u tho i bought 5 boxes of topps a&g factory seal broken on 4/5 and 2 boxes completely bent to hell messaged seller go figure no response