Blowout Cards Forums
Save big on officially licensed NFL fan merchandise at NFLShop.com

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2012, 06:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default PadresFan86

He posted a thread offering 2 Topps Golden Giveaway codes for $3.

I PM him asking if they are available,

he PMs me his paypal info at 1:48pm...no mention of "I'm about to leave for work" or anything of the sort

I send him $3 via paypal at 2:44pm (Yes, it took me 56 minutes to pay)

I PM him saying "payment sent" and I get a response back saying "I'm at work, I'll PM you the codes either later tonight or tomorrow morning"

....now I'm not in a huge hurry for these codes or anything, but I just assume that unless told otherwise ahead of time, the seller usually will PM the codes within an hour or two of payment being sent.

Not a huge deal because its only $3, but I responded with a PM saying "I wish you would have told me that before I paid".....thats all I said........I think it is the responsibility of a seller to at least tell you what you are getting into before you pay.

I get this response: "Seriously? I sent you a pm right after you pmed me with my paypal addy. You then logged off for a while. I stayed on hoping you would send the payment quickly so I could pm you the codes before I left for work but you didnt. If its that big of deal and youre in such a hurry, ill just refund you the 3 measly dollars.

At this point I'm mad....not because of the "3 measly dollars", but just the principle of the whole thing. I know customer service isn't stellar when it comes to $3 deals on a message board, but I expected better than this.

So I responded : Yes please refund my 3 measly dollars. I don't like your attitude and I think if you were about to leave all day you should have said something like "I'm leaving in an hour, if you want your codes today, please pay by 3:00".

I dont like the way you responded and I'll take my measly money somewhere else.

Simple and to the point. I dont think I was being a "Smart Ass"

So I get this response: "Dont respond with a smart ass attitude and you might not get one back. I waited for over an hour for you to send payment. How is that my fault. Im not obligated to refund you and if you want a refund, expect negative feedback for poor communication. This hassle isnt worth it over 3 dollars. Learn to be patient!

Now, I could be wrong about this, but I'm pretty sure he IS obligated to refund for ANY reason. And the feedback extortion is just NOT COOL. He is the one that had the "poor communication", not me.

He then sent another PM with the codes, saying that his girlfriend texted them to him because I was being "so impatient" and then says "I hope youre satisfied" and asks me to leave him positive feedback.

so I send this response:If you cannot handle a buyer questioning the speed of delivery, you should not be selling things. Do not threaten people with negative feedback when they ask for a refund. That alone should earn you a negative. If you want to accuse me of having "poor communication", you may have wanted to COMMUNICATE to me that you were leaving for work and would not be able to send the codes if I did not pay within a certain amount of time.

You will not get feedback from me...and consider that a good thing.

I don't think I was being out-of-line with this. He had zero reason to get nasty with me for simply asking why he didn't tell me he was about to leave for the day.

Here's the final response I received from him "You must be some fat loser with no life to be able to sit here and argue all day over a 3 dollar item. We wouldnt be having this conversation if you paid promptly. How did I know you werent going to pay right away. You have anger issues, deal with them. Dont respond to me any more. Youre going on my block list.

I have no anger issues, I have a great life, and I'm not overweight....and the fact that it is only $3 is irrelevant.

After that, I simply told him to do me a favor and go ahead and block me.

Anyway, the point is, DO NOT DEAL with PadresFan86. And if you do, you shouldn't dare question anything or you are a "Fat Loser".

Would I be wrong to hit him with negative feedback?
Andy714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 06:59 PM   #2 (permalink)

My take out of all that is that I will make sure to never deal with you.

"My life is the poem I would've writ, but I could not both live and utter it." - Thoreau
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:00 PM   #3 (permalink)

Honestly, I think you were unreasonable because you couldn't wait a few hours for some codes. When the seller told you he would get the codes to you when he got home, that should have been fine. Your expectations are ridiculous.

Get the popcorn everyone!
Old 05-04-2012, 07:00 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
My take out of all that is that I will make sure to never deal with you.
+1
_________
Old 05-04-2012, 07:04 PM   #5 (permalink)

Fine, I'm wrong.....fair enough.

MODs please delete my account. I'm done with this place.
Andy714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:09 PM   #6 (permalink)

Come on man......
Old 05-04-2012, 07:20 PM   #7 (permalink)

I would do a deal with you Andy714, or PadresFan86, no problem. I think most people are reasonable, but it's easy to fall in the trap and get angry about the small things. And once they voice their anger its a hell of a hard thing to later admit you might have been unreasonable. But every one of us has made that mistake. No reason to leave the forum, in my opinion.

I believe 75%+ of the negative feedbacks start with something like what happened here, and folks can be pretty darn stubborn in their ways... being human is great, isn't it!
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:24 PM   #8 (permalink)

Yeah that is a bit much, you didn't need to make a thread and neither of you had to poke at one another.

That said, it's all good! Take a deep breath and move on, enjoy the hobby!
Ooosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy714 View Post

Wow, childish attitude much? Lighten up.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:41 PM   #10 (permalink)

I have 2 deals pending where I paid 10 days ago and 14 days ago (not for codes) and I still have nothing. I think its things like this that make you angry at any little slip up on here. Ive sold alot of codes on these boards and I PM the codes immediately after payment or immediately the next time Im on here. I still dont think 24 hours is a bad turnaround time on a $3 deal.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:50 PM   #11 (permalink)

I kind of see what you are saying, but I don't feel it's worth getting bent out of shape about.

Take a deep breath and move on. If that's the worst part of your day then consider yourself lucky.
bigzig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:58 PM   #12 (permalink)

When I tell someone I want something, and assuming it's not a quicksale, I pay immediately. If I can't pay immediately I am sure to let the seller know when I'll make payment in case he needs the money right away or can wait. The fact that you took almost an hr to pay, for whatever reason, and then got upset because he didn't tell you he was leaving is crazy. Had you paid right away I'm sure that within those 56 minutes you would have gotten the codes, redeemed them and had enough time to take a 45 minute nap. Sorry but fail on your part
Old 05-04-2012, 10:04 PM   #13 (permalink)

Customer service has an opposite from the side of the customer to the seller as well. Both of you were incorrect.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:13 PM   #14 (permalink)

Pedro the Marmoset thinks that you have a short fuse.
mmbtvs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:16 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
Customer service has an opposite from the side of the customer to the seller as well. Both of you were incorrect.
eBay has taught buyers they get everything they want and they get it NOW NOW NOW... If they dont, refund... This one between these two seems like it could go either way. In the end the guy paid and the seller delivered goods within a day.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:03 PM   #16 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

What a bunch of butthurt weenies around lately.

Sheesh

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:15 AM   #17 (permalink)

Old 05-05-2012, 12:24 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
Correct!! OP for taking almost an hour to pay & seller for not saying "kinda in a hurry, gotta leave for work."
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:26 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy714 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
I have 2 deals pending where I paid 10 days ago and 14 days ago (not for codes) and I still have nothing. I think its things like this that make you angry at any little slip up on here. Ive sold alot of codes on these boards and I PM the codes immediately after payment or immediately the next time Im on here. I still dont think 24 hours is a bad turnaround time on a $3 deal.
I got ya beat. I just got a package from someone on Scf 7 days ago. We did the deal on March 18th. 41 days I believe. The worst part, he acted like it was normal. When I asked him about it he said, get ready for this one. "Yea, some of us guys are slow shippers here on SCF" I kid you not Cruiser.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:37 AM   #20 (permalink)

I actually had a similar thing with another member buying codes from me today. He bought the codes, and I told him i wouldn't be home for a couple hours. He was ok with that, and paid right away.

Well I wasn't able to go home right after work, and it ended up being closer to 5-6 hours. He send me a friendly reminder PM, I sent him the codes right when I got home, and all was well with the world.

Pretty simple with a bit of patience...

PC: Zach Ertz Philadelphia Eagles
Divino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:49 AM   #21 (permalink)

Old 05-05-2012, 02:33 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teambo1634 View Post
I seriously watched this or at least 5 minutes lol
DanShakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:01 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post

I got ya beat. I just got a package from someone on Scf 7 days ago. We did the deal on March 18th. 41 days I believe. The worst part, he acted like it was normal. When I asked him about it he said, get ready for this one. "Yea, some of us guys are slow shippers here on SCF" I kid you not Cruiser.
Wow 41 days!? Thats absolutely pathetic. People like that should be banned, thats beyond unreasonable. Im pissed about 17 days muchless 41. You have more patience than I do
Old 05-05-2012, 05:36 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Wow 41 days!? Thats absolutely pathetic. People like that should be banned, thats beyond unreasonable. Im pissed about 17 days muchless 41. You have more patience than I do
It was a card I needed for a set so I bit my tounge. He lost any chance of ever doing business with me again. Buying, selling or trading.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:39 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teambo1634 View Post
Damn, I bet thats gonna leave a mark LOL