Blowout Cards Forums
Football promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2012, 06:43 PM   #26 (permalink)
Banned

It is funny how much these guy scams, then is asking for $40 from you haha or else he'd be probably mad. You are doing the right thing though. Karma works well too
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:45 PM   #27 (permalink)

Holy Christ, sometimes the best advice in the thread falls upon deaf ears.l........cannot help you broseph
Old 05-15-2012, 08:50 PM   #28 (permalink)

I dont know, it seems like he may be using you to basically launder his stolen money. If he stole those cards from me, I'd be very angry and wouldn't want him to see a cent. Even if he stole other cards from me I wouldn't want him to see a cent, he could very well have bought those cards legitimately with the money he scammed.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:43 PM   #29 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

It does not matter what he did. It has zero to do with your integrity at all.

If you keep the money, you are the scammer. Period.

All the talk about his scamming is merely justification. There is no such justification. Scamming is scamming and a scammer is a scammer. ANYONE who tells you differently is wrong.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:15 AM   #30 (permalink)

I'd donate it somewhere else. Just my thoughts, like donating it to "The preservation of whatever I see fit."
durstlimpbizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:16 AM   #31 (permalink)
Banned

WOW

A scammer is dirt and doesn't deserve anything. You should keep the $40. At least try to find some scam victims and give them back some money. if you can't, go get a nice steak dinner or buy a nice card.

Hey yesterday, I saw a bank robber coming out of the bank and he dropped his wallet. Should I give him back the $40 I found in it?

I got a friend named Bernie. He had me sell some stock of his before he got busted by the government. Should I send him the $40 even though I know he scammed billions of dollars and the stock may have been scammed as well?

Now I understand that cards aren't the same as money (but why not?).

But you scam someone out of their cards, you don't deserve shite.

END OF STORY

Last edited by JOHNJOHNNY; 05-16-2012 at 09:23 AM.
JOHNJOHNNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:10 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNJOHNNY View Post
WOW

A scammer is dirt and doesn't deserve anything. You should keep the $40. At least try to find some scam victims and give them back some money. if you can't, go get a nice steak dinner or buy a nice card.

Hey yesterday, I saw a bank robber coming out of the bank and he dropped his wallet. Should I give him back the $40 I found in it?

I got a friend named Bernie. He had me sell some stock of his before he got busted by the government. Should I send him the $40 even though I know he scammed billions of dollars and the stock may have been scammed as well?

END OF STORY
So you're saying it is both legal and ethical to steal from someone because you believe they stole from someone else? That's an interesting point of view. I never realized that two wrongs make a right. Thanks for setting us all straight.
Andrew Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:43 PM   #33 (permalink)

I do think it is illegal to knowingly return proceeds of crime to a criminal (not saying this is at that level or will be brought to that level or even close). That means the proper action would be to either return it to the scam victims or turn it over to the authorities. If you don't do either of those, probably the next best action is to give it back to him. Because if you keep it, now your basically profitting from his scams as well. Either that or donate it. I don't think anything you'd do would reflect poorly on you though.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:47 PM   #34 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdothbc View Post
I do think it is illegal to knowingly return proceeds of crime to a criminal (not saying this is at that level or will be brought to that level or even close). That means the proper action would be to either return it to the scam victims or turn it over to the authorities. If you don't do either of those, probably the next best action is to give it back to him. Because if you keep it, now your basically profitting from his scams as well. Either that or donate it. I don't think anything you'd do would reflect poorly on you though.
palmdesertcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:01 PM   #35 (permalink)

Omahacolts asked an honest question and has handled himself very well in this thread. Extended golf clap from me.

What chills me to the bone are all of the Internet Vigilantes telling him to keep the money. What in the heck is in the Blowout Cards water this month?
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:57 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
Omahacolts asked an honest question and has handled himself very well in this thread. Extended golf clap from me.

What chills me to the bone are all of the Internet Vigilantes telling him to keep the money. What in the heck is in the Blowout Cards water this month?

I really appreciate the golf clap lol....but its about to get ugly up in this place......

Maybe it was the long, hot day at work or maybe its just me but this dude(playhard) really pissed me off and I'm about to go off. I emailed him and told him I'd send him the damn(yes I said damn, tired of his trolling) money that way i could get rid of him and any association with him. He fired back that I was being rude, and that he was going to call the cops on me and file charges on me for stealing from him and fraud charges because it has been a couple months since the sales ended and he was due the money. He said I'm the scammer and everyone should beware, that he hasnt scammed anyone, he hasnt been banned on any trade sites and is currently a member of 5 trading forums(under what name I have no idea).....

I'm an easy going guy...pretty level headed most of the time, but 2 things you dont do(as I'm sure with most other men) 1) dont mess with my family, immediate or extended, and 2) dont threaten me....................
Old 05-16-2012, 08:04 PM   #37 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolts View Post
I really appreciate the golf clap lol....but its about to get ugly up in this place......

Maybe it was the long, hot day at work or maybe its just me but this dude(playhard) really pissed me off and I'm about to go off. I emailed him and told him I'd send him the damn(yes I said damn, tired of his trolling) money that way i could get rid of him and any association with him. He fired back that I was being rude, and that he was going to call the cops on me and file charges on me for stealing from him and fraud charges because it has been a couple months since the sales ended and he was due the money. He said I'm the scammer and everyone should beware, that he hasnt scammed anyone, he hasnt been banned on any trade sites and is currently a member of 5 trading forums(under what name I have no idea).....

I'm an easy going guy...pretty level headed most of the time, but 2 things you dont do(as I'm sure with most other men) 1) dont mess with my family, immediate or extended, and 2) dont threaten me....................
I knew this would happen, he is trying to call you a scammer when he is one. That is hilarious.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:10 PM   #38 (permalink)

Yeah I would just return the money and get rid of the clown. Then come over, have a beer, and we can talk about the situation in depth.

Define "irony": a bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane, to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash -Garland Greene
FavresReturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:30 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FavresReturn View Post
Yeah I would just return the money and get rid of the clown. Then come over, have a beer, and we can talk about the situation in depth.
I don't know....I'm a lightweight and can't handle that nasty crap you drink. What was it called? Duff beer?
Old 05-16-2012, 08:33 PM   #40 (permalink)

Let me add that the threat came in when he said if he doesn't have his money by Friday then he's calling the cops and all that......I think I'll politely reply with the local p.d. Number
Old 05-16-2012, 08:37 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
I don't know....I'm a lightweight and can't handle that nasty crap you drink. What was it called? Duff beer?
You got me all wrong son, it's called Pawtucket Patriot.. Get it straight

Define "irony": a bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane, to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash -Garland Greene
FavresReturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:02 PM   #42 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

The only 2 options should be to return it to him, or if you can prove he is a scammer (I didnt read all the details), then to give the money to the cops - which sounds crazy I realize in a sports card situation and no one would really do it - but it's the other option.

It's the equivalent of the bank robber analogy above - which didn't really make much sense - but If you did find the wallet of a proven bank robber you give it to the cops. You don't keep it because it's somehow justified that you get it.
asujbl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:48 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
WOW

END OF STORY
An eye for an eye. I like it. At least you had the balls to say it
Old 05-17-2012, 07:35 AM   #44 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:

I would take the cash. Rip it up into little pieces and send it to him.

What a scumbag. Flesh eating disease is too good for this jackwad.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more

Last edited by jlzinck; 05-17-2012 at 07:37 AM.
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:28 AM   #45 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jones View Post
So you're saying it is both legal and ethical to steal from someone because you believe they stole from someone else? That's an interesting point of view. I never realized that two wrongs make a right. Thanks for setting us all straight.
how is it stealing if the money was already stolen before? The guy was using scammed cards to sell for money. The left over money needs to be sent to the original scam victims.

Glad I could set you straight.

it's not called stealing, it's called recouping theft victims money.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:30 AM   #46 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

i bet your keeping the money now like you should have. That POS needs to pay. Find the scammed if you can.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:33 AM   #47 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
The only 2 options should be to return it to him, or if you can prove he is a scammer (I didnt read all the details), then to give the money to the cops - which sounds crazy I realize in a sports card situation and no one would really do it - but it's the other option.

It's the equivalent of the bank robber analogy above - which didn't really make much sense - but If you did find the wallet of a proven bank robber you give it to the cops. You don't keep it because it's somehow justified that you get it.
exactly, you give the money to the cops (or n this situation find the people who got scammed) but you don't track down the bank robber and give him the money back??? (which is what the TS wanted to do)

how did the example not make sense?
Old 05-17-2012, 09:34 AM   #48 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
An eye for an eye. I like it. At least you had the balls to say it
Thank You

All the internet White Knights running around here saying to give the money back to a scammer.

WTF is wrong with people nowadays.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:05 AM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
how is it stealing if the money was already stolen before? The guy was using scammed cards to sell for money. The left over money needs to be sent to the original scam victims.

Glad I could set you straight.

it's not called stealing, it's called recouping theft victims money.
The definition of stealing is taking another person's property without permission or legal right and without intending to return it. That money is another person's property and the OP has neither permission nor the legal right to keep it. Thus, if the OP keeps it instead of returning it, he is stealing. Plain and simple.

As for your claim that he is recouping theft victim's money, that's laughable. The OP keeping the money for himself isn't recouping anything for any victims, he's merely profiting from someone else's crime. The fact that someone stole something from someone else in no way gives you the right to steal from that person.

Here's a suggestion for you since you clearly have no sense of what's wrong and what's right. Make an anonymous call to your local police department and ask them if you can keep a lawnmower you borrowed from your neighbor because you think he stole a chainsaw from the guy down the street. If they give you the green light, you're correct. If they laugh at you or politely explain why you shouldn't do that, you're wrong.
Andrew Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:22 AM   #50 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jones View Post
The definition of stealing is taking another person's property without permission or legal right and without intending to return it. That money is another person's property and the OP has neither permission nor the legal right to keep it. Thus, if the OP keeps it instead of returning it, he is stealing. Plain and simple.

As for your claim that he is recouping theft victim's money, that's laughable. The OP keeping the money for himself isn't recouping anything for any victims, he's merely profiting from someone else's crime. The fact that someone stole something from someone else in no way gives you the right to steal from that person.

Here's a suggestion for you since you clearly have no sense of what's wrong and what's right. Make an anonymous call to your local police department and ask them if you can keep a lawnmower you borrowed from your neighbor because you think he stole a chainsaw from the guy down the street. If they give you the green light, you're correct. If they laugh at you or politely explain why you shouldn't do that, you're wrong.
WHAT PART OF RETURN THE MONEY TO THE ORIGINAL THEFT VICTIMS DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND??

I'VE ONLY SAID IT IN 2 DIFFERENT POSTS.

IN YOUR LAUGHABLE COMPARIOSN, HOW ABOUT I RECOUP THE STOLEN LAWN MOWER FROM MY NEIGHBOR AND RETURN IT TO THE RIGHTFUL OWNER.

JUST LIKE THE TS SHOULD RETURN THE MONEY TO THE SCAMMED VICTIMS.

YES RECOUPING MONEY FOR THEFT VICTIMS IS A GOOD THING.