Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2012, 04:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default MAIL FRAUD: Member name: Kali

I and Kali agreed to a trade and agreed to ship on the same day using USPS Priority Mail with DC and Insurance. It has since been recognized by the Post Office that Kali is attempting mail fraud. Kali shipped his package without Insurance on a $2500 package and shipped it to an alternate address. He had me ship his package to a hotel room, I would assume, in an area where he lives. He has been unresponsive to phone calls, emails, and messages. A USPS investigator has been assigned to the case and the State Police have been contacted...
marzoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

myself and another member were wary of this member as well. He bought two big cards from us and the paypal funds were immediately put on hold. He also seemed to be hijacking someone's photobucket. Hope it turns out ok for you.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Pulling a $2500 scam through the mail can get you a VERY easy 5 years in prison. What a dumb moron all for $2.5k.
palmdesertcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LincecumPC View Post
myself and another member were wary of this member as well. He bought two big cards from us and the paypal funds were immediately put on hold. He also seemed to be hijacking someone's photobucket. Hope it turns out ok for you.
I had seen some of those interactions after I had already shipped my cards..
Old 05-16-2012, 04:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmdesertcards View Post
Pulling a $2500 scam through the mail can get you a VERY easy 5 years in prison. What a dumb moron all for $2.5k.
I absolutely intend to press charges...
Old 05-16-2012, 04:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marzoc View Post
I absolutely intend to press charges...
maybe you can win a civil suit and get a judgement against him.
palmdesertcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:32 AM   #7 (permalink)

Man... do people think that just because cards are small they can rip everyone off? I had no idea the level of dishonesty there was in this hobby until I started up just a few months ago.
durstlimpbizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:44 AM   #8 (permalink)

Default More Information...

Apparently, the person is question, (Kali), sent the package to a different name and address than my own. He most probably used the phone book/google search to find a corresponding name and address in the area. The USPS only detects packages based on zip code and do not use specific names and addresses. Accordingly, the package he shipped was delivered to someone yesterday. This was confirmed based on the DC#. The USPS has now hired a Postal Inspector to locate the package. Once the package is found, no guarantee, Kali will be sought for questioning on charges of mail fraud which is a Federal Charge....
Old 05-17-2012, 10:58 AM   #9 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Apparently, the person is question, (Kali), sent the package to a different name and address than my own. He most probably used the phone book/google search to find a corresponding name and address in the area. The USPS only detects packages based on zip code and do not use specific names and addresses. Accordingly, the package he shipped was delivered to someone yesterday. This was confirmed based on the DC#. The USPS has now hired a Postal Inspector to locate the package. Once the package is found, no guarantee, Kali will be sought for questioning on charges of mail fraud which is a Federal Charge....
Man I hope they catch this D-Bag.
dthimesch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:04 AM   #10 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

In the future- When a trade of this magnitude is made without any knowledge of the other person I would use a mod as a middle person and give him like a $100(split between users) to help facilitate it. That way the mod does not ship till all items are received by the traders. A sale he would need signature confimration and that would be it or he would lose the paypal $$.

Good Luck!

edit btw did you in fact send your items? I notice the feedback you left for him was "he attempted mail fraud"?
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." -QB John Elway On Jack Lambert(1983)

Last edited by wheeler281; 05-17-2012 at 11:07 AM.
wheeler281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:39 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler281 View Post
In the future- When a trade of this magnitude is made without any knowledge of the other person I would use a mod as a middle person and give him like a $100(split between users) to help facilitate it. That way the mod does not ship till all items are received by the traders. A sale he would need signature confimration and that would be it or he would lose the paypal $$.

Good Luck!

edit btw did you in fact send your items? I notice the feedback you left for him was "he attempted mail fraud"?
He must have sent his items or he would be out $0. No way in the world state police and an actual postal inspector would take this case if the OP didnt send his items out and lose them.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:47 PM   #12 (permalink)

Default Additional Information

Apparently, the full name of (Blowout Card Member -Kali) is Kali Lewis.

For those questioning whether or not I'm out $2500, I am not. I was able to put a stoppage on my delivery to him as soon as the PO detected an attempt at mail fraud. My package is currently being shipped back to me...

A local investigator has been assigned to the case and they are currently trying to locate the package that he shipped to me. In a prior message, I stated that apparently, he shipped a package to my township, but to a different name and address. The PO suspects that this was done by either using a google search, or a phonebook search. It's assumed the package is empty or of little to no value.. Theoretically, by shipping to an alternate address, this would protect him from me coming after him for fraud..

It's assumed that his plan was to receive my package, ($2500 value), and have the package that he had shipped returned to him due to being undeliverable, or mis-shipped. That, or put the PO at fault for a lost or stolen package, being that the package was shipped to an alternate address and is confirmed as delivered. His package was shipped with DC and the package was shipped to someone yesterday. He shipped without insurance, so I wouldn't be able to claim anything on my end, and would be out $2500.

At this point, it will be the PO that will be pressing federal charges of mail fraud. Both my local PO, and the PO the item was shipped from, (Fairfax, VA) are aware of the situation and are taking the appropriate measures...
Old 05-19-2012, 02:06 PM   #13 (permalink)

BUMP IT UP
Old 05-19-2012, 06:38 PM   #14 (permalink)

Glad u got ur package back that would of been horrible. How did they detect mail fraud. Hope this guy gets in trouble. And I like the idea from the member above about having a trusted middleman *mod* for higher end deals.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:53 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaystaK760 View Post
Glad u got ur package back that would of been horrible. How did they detect mail fraud. Hope this guy gets in trouble. And I like the idea from the member above about having a trusted middleman *mod* for higher end deals.
I detected that something was not right early on because there were so many red flags. I alerted the USPS and they contacted an investigator to over see the case.

It's assumed that the package was mis-sent, (sent to a random name and address within my township). A dummy package was most likely sent, (package filled with newspaper, etc). It's also assumed that the recipient of the package opened it, as it was addressed to them, saw that it was filled with nothing of value and discarded it...

The person I dealt with has most obviously done this before and is extremely practiced. I sent numerous texts alerting him to the investigation, etc., and he was totally carefree. The name is provided is false. The address he provided is false, and he has numerous email addresses that are in use. Not sure how he can be tracked..
Old 05-19-2012, 10:32 PM   #16 (permalink)

Yea its a damn shame but there are so many people like him. What state Is he in? I remember months ago something kinda like this but I believe the dude was in Hawaii.could be wrong.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:14 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaystaK760 View Post
Yea its a damn shame but there are so many people like him. What state Is he in? I remember months ago something kinda like this but I believe the dude was in Hawaii.could be wrong.
Honestly, I don't know. He had said in our phone conversations that he resided in Fairfax, VA and moved there from Chicago IL.

My package was shipped to Fairfax, VA. His package was shipped from Fairfax, VA, but that is as much as I know..

I'm continually doing research and will not just let it go...
Old 05-25-2012, 11:55 PM   #18 (permalink)

You got lucky...I got farked by this b@stard!
Old 05-25-2012, 11:56 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Honestly, I don't know. He had said in our phone conversations that he resided in Fairfax, VA and moved there from Chicago IL.

My package was shipped to Fairfax, VA. His package was shipped from Fairfax, VA, but that is as much as I know..

I'm continually doing research and will not just let it go...

Please keep me posted...I got defrauded by him too!
Old 05-26-2012, 02:55 AM   #20 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Jenkinssssss

how people trade high-end stuff online boggles the mind. the odds are just not good, especially dealing with low feedback persons.

do your homework on the person. a 5 min google search can show a lot. or, as suggested above, find an escrow.
Jenkinssssss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 06:19 AM   #21 (permalink)
Inactive Account

I live in Fairfax county, VA!!! Guess I have something to do on sunday now. I'm gonna see if I can track him down!
TrueIrishFan616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:32 PM   #22 (permalink)

Whatever happened with this?
Tesla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:36 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
Whatever happened with this?
why are you bumping threads 7 months old? go away
Old 12-29-2012, 10:37 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetness34 View Post
why are you bumping threads 7 months old? go away
Tesla is fun.

Leave him or her alone.
tnarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:46 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnarg View Post
Tesla is fun.

Leave him or her alone.
Lmao
ronaldo943 is online now   Reply With Quote