Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2012, 04:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,927
Default MAIL FRAUD: Member name: Kali

I and Kali agreed to a trade and agreed to ship on the same day using USPS Priority Mail with DC and Insurance. It has since been recognized by the Post Office that Kali is attempting mail fraud. Kali shipped his package without Insurance on a $2500 package and shipped it to an alternate address. He had me ship his package to a hotel room, I would assume, in an area where he lives. He has been unresponsive to phone calls, emails, and messages. A USPS investigator has been assigned to the case and the State Police have been contacted...
marzoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
LincecumPC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Rose Bowl
Posts: 11,984
Default

myself and another member were wary of this member as well. He bought two big cards from us and the paypal funds were immediately put on hold. He also seemed to be hijacking someone's photobucket. Hope it turns out ok for you.
__________________
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Wudeverbro/library/?page=1
Mesut Ozil Collector
LincecumPC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,690
Default

Pulling a $2500 scam through the mail can get you a VERY easy 5 years in prison. What a dumb moron all for $2.5k.
palmdesertcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,927
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LincecumPC View Post
myself and another member were wary of this member as well. He bought two big cards from us and the paypal funds were immediately put on hold. He also seemed to be hijacking someone's photobucket. Hope it turns out ok for you.
I had seen some of those interactions after I had already shipped my cards..
marzoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,927
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmdesertcards View Post
Pulling a $2500 scam through the mail can get you a VERY easy 5 years in prison. What a dumb moron all for $2.5k.
I absolutely intend to press charges...
marzoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marzoc View Post
I absolutely intend to press charges...
maybe you can win a civil suit and get a judgement against him.
palmdesertcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
durstlimpbizkit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 488
Default

Man... do people think that just because cards are small they can rip everyone off? I had no idea the level of dishonesty there was in this hobby until I started up just a few months ago.
durstlimpbizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:44 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,927
Default More Information...

Apparently, the person is question, (Kali), sent the package to a different name and address than my own. He most probably used the phone book/google search to find a corresponding name and address in the area. The USPS only detects packages based on zip code and do not use specific names and addresses. Accordingly, the package he shipped was delivered to someone yesterday. This was confirmed based on the DC#. The USPS has now hired a Postal Inspector to locate the package. Once the package is found, no guarantee, Kali will be sought for questioning on charges of mail fraud which is a Federal Charge....
marzoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:58 AM   #9 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
dthimesch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 16,685
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marzoc View Post
Apparently, the person is question, (Kali), sent the package to a different name and address than my own. He most probably used the phone book/google search to find a corresponding name and address in the area. The USPS only detects packages based on zip code and do not use specific names and addresses. Accordingly, the package he shipped was delivered to someone yesterday. This was confirmed based on the DC#. The USPS has now hired a Postal Inspector to locate the package. Once the package is found, no guarantee, Kali will be sought for questioning on charges of mail fraud which is a Federal Charge....
Man I hope they catch this D-Bag.
__________________
Twitter: @thedthimesch
Ustream Channel: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/dthimesch
Vaughntv Channel: http://breakers.tv/dthimesch
dthimesch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:04 AM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
wheeler281's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5,750
Send a message via AIM to wheeler281
Default

In the future- When a trade of this magnitude is made without any knowledge of the other person I would use a mod as a middle person and give him like a $100(split between users) to help facilitate it. That way the mod does not ship till all items are received by the traders. A sale he would need signature confimration and that would be it or he would lose the paypal $$.


Good Luck!

edit btw did you in fact send your items? I notice the feedback you left for him was "he attempted mail fraud"?
__________________
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." -QB John Elway On Jack Lambert(1983)

Last edited by wheeler281; 05-17-2012 at 11:07 AM.
wheeler281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:39 AM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
cruiserdaddy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,660
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler281 View Post
In the future- When a trade of this magnitude is made without any knowledge of the other person I would use a mod as a middle person and give him like a $100(split between users) to help facilitate it. That way the mod does not ship till all items are received by the traders. A sale he would need signature confimration and that would be it or he would lose the paypal $$.


Good Luck!

edit btw did you in fact send your items? I notice the feedback you left for him was "he attempted mail fraud"?
He must have sent his items or he would be out $0. No way in the world state police and an actual postal inspector would take this case if the OP didnt send his items out and lose them.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:47 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,927
Default Additional Information

Apparently, the full name of (Blowout Card Member -Kali) is Kali Lewis.

For those questioning whether or not I'm out $2500, I am not. I was able to put a stoppage on my delivery to him as soon as the PO detected an attempt at mail fraud. My package is currently being shipped back to me...

A local investigator has been assigned to the case and they are currently trying to locate the package that he shipped to me. In a prior message, I stated that apparently, he shipped a package to my township, but to a different name and address. The PO suspects that this was done by either using a google search, or a phonebook search. It's assumed the package is empty or of little to no value.. Theoretically, by shipping to an alternate address, this would protect him from me coming after him for fraud..

It's assumed that his plan was to receive my package, ($2500 value), and have the package that he had shipped returned to him due to being undeliverable, or mis-shipped. That, or put the PO at fault for a lost or stolen package, being that the package was shipped to an alternate address and is confirmed as delivered. His package was shipped with DC and the package was shipped to someone yesterday. He shipped without insurance, so I wouldn't be able to claim anything on my end, and would be out $2500.

At this point, it will be the PO that will be pressing federal charges of mail fraud. Both my local PO, and the PO the item was shipped from, (Fairfax, VA) are aware of the situation and are taking the appropriate measures...
marzoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,927
Default

BUMP IT UP
marzoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
HaystaK760's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 2,553
Default

Glad u got ur package back that would of been horrible. How did they detect mail fraud. Hope this guy gets in trouble. And I like the idea from the member above about having a trusted middleman *mod* for higher end deals.
__________________
Blowouts Chad Henne Collector, Also looking for other Miami Dolphins
http://s1131.photobucket.com/albums/m554/Haystak760/
HaystaK760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:53 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,927
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaystaK760 View Post
Glad u got ur package back that would of been horrible. How did they detect mail fraud. Hope this guy gets in trouble. And I like the idea from the member above about having a trusted middleman *mod* for higher end deals.
I detected that something was not right early on because there were so many red flags. I alerted the USPS and they contacted an investigator to over see the case.

It's assumed that the package was mis-sent, (sent to a random name and address within my township). A dummy package was most likely sent, (package filled with newspaper, etc). It's also assumed that the recipient of the package opened it, as it was addressed to them, saw that it was filled with nothing of value and discarded it...

The person I dealt with has most obviously done this before and is extremely practiced. I sent numerous texts alerting him to the investigation, etc., and he was totally carefree. The name is provided is false. The address he provided is false, and he has numerous email addresses that are in use. Not sure how he can be tracked..
marzoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:32 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
HaystaK760's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 2,553
Default

Yea its a damn shame but there are so many people like him. What state Is he in? I remember months ago something kinda like this but I believe the dude was in Hawaii.could be wrong.
__________________
Blowouts Chad Henne Collector, Also looking for other Miami Dolphins
http://s1131.photobucket.com/albums/m554/Haystak760/
HaystaK760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:14 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,927
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaystaK760 View Post
Yea its a damn shame but there are so many people like him. What state Is he in? I remember months ago something kinda like this but I believe the dude was in Hawaii.could be wrong.
Honestly, I don't know. He had said in our phone conversations that he resided in Fairfax, VA and moved there from Chicago IL.

My package was shipped to Fairfax, VA. His package was shipped from Fairfax, VA, but that is as much as I know..

I'm continually doing research and will not just let it go...
marzoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:55 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: S. CALI
Posts: 411
Default

You got lucky...I got farked by this b@stard!
__________________
Free hugs (っ◕‿◕)っ ... one size fits all!
r00kie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:56 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: S. CALI
Posts: 411
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marzoc View Post
Honestly, I don't know. He had said in our phone conversations that he resided in Fairfax, VA and moved there from Chicago IL.

My package was shipped to Fairfax, VA. His package was shipped from Fairfax, VA, but that is as much as I know..

I'm continually doing research and will not just let it go...

Please keep me posted...I got defrauded by him too!
__________________
Free hugs (っ◕‿◕)っ ... one size fits all!
r00kie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 02:55 AM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 2,108
Send a message via AIM to Jenkinssssss
Default

how people trade high-end stuff online boggles the mind. the odds are just not good, especially dealing with low feedback persons.

do your homework on the person. a 5 min google search can show a lot. or, as suggested above, find an escrow.
Jenkinssssss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 06:19 AM   #21 (permalink)
Inactive Account
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,125
Default

I live in Fairfax county, VA!!! Guess I have something to do on sunday now. I'm gonna see if I can track him down!
TrueIrishFan616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:32 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 45
Default

Whatever happened with this?
Tesla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:36 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
Sweetness34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 839
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
Whatever happened with this?
why are you bumping threads 7 months old? go away
__________________
Collecting everything: Frank Thomas - Walter Payton - Brian Urlacher -
Sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:37 PM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
tnarg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Banned
Posts: 12,804
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetness34 View Post
why are you bumping threads 7 months old? go away
Tesla is fun.

Leave him or her alone.
tnarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:46 PM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,618
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnarg View Post
Tesla is fun.

Leave him or her alone.
Lmao
ronaldo943 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.