Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2012, 09:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Another shill bidding seller

Complete Highlander A18 Ron Perlman Autograph Card! | eBay

After I was outbid, I received a message from this seller saying they had another one of these cards that I could have for my bid price. Considering the winning bid had 86% with this seller, I'm fairly certain we have yet another shiller here. It's completely out of hand on Ebay. The metals market is even worse. Just thought I would pass the info along.
CollectorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollectorMan View Post
Complete Highlander A18 Ron Perlman Autograph Card! | eBay

After I was outbid, I received a message from this seller saying they had another one of these cards that I could have for my bid price. Considering the winning bid had 86% with this seller, I'm fairly certain we have yet another shiller here. It's completely out of hand on Ebay. The metals market is even worse. Just thought I would pass the info along.
I personally don't think it was shilled. The buyer has bought a ton of low end items from the seller. With the limited amount of non sport sellers out there, there is a good chance he just is comfortable with the seller. I don't think the seller would waste his time on a bunch of $1 autos which is what the buyer has been buying and leaving feedback on.

Just my opinion though.
Magicman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

Ok, so the winning bidder has 749 transactions and a 86% with this seller. Ok....and I was offered a 2nd chance right after the auction was done. This is a no question shilled auction.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:41 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Ok, so the winning bidder has 749 transactions and a 86% with this seller. Ok....and I was offered a 2nd chance right after the auction was done. This is a no question shilled auction.
Remember, the 86% is just his months bidding, not his entire time on Ebay. I have run that up with a couple sellers more than once but i wasn't shilling. I am just saying that I don't think he is....I am entitled my opinion, and you yours. Not trying to start anything and also not saying that he isn't....just my belief that he is not.
Magicman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

Yes you're entitled, but I disagree. It wouldn't care if i was outbid as I wasn't paying attention when the auction ended. What bugged me was that I got the 2nd chance offer right after coupled with the 86% from the winning bidder. It doesn't matter, Ebay security does nothing. Gold/Silver is shilled daily and nothing happens. Reporting is a futile enterprise.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:33 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes you're entitled, but I disagree. It wouldn't care if i was outbid as I wasn't paying attention when the auction ended. What bugged me was that I got the 2nd chance offer right after coupled with the 86% from the winning bidder. It doesn't matter, Ebay security does nothing. Gold/Silver is shilled daily and nothing happens. Reporting is a futile enterprise.
shilled is a good possibility but gold and silver pretty much sell theirselves
baytowntex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:45 AM   #7 (permalink)

Backup bidder placed a whopping 1 bid on this auction. No chance this was shilled, no chance.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:04 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

i disagree. Used this shill method to go in and drive the price up and didnt have time to cancel the last bid is my guess. I use to do this when i was stupid and didnt know any better. Before anyone tries to vilify me it was like 8 years ago and as soon as I got busted I stopped. i honestly didnt really think what i was doing was THAT wrong until called out on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Backup bidder placed a whopping 1 bid on this auction. No chance this was shilled, no chance.
JamiMadrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:12 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamiMadrox View Post
i disagree. Used this shill method to go in and drive the price up and didnt have time to cancel the last bid is my guess. I use to do this when i was stupid and didnt know any better. Before anyone tries to vilify me it was like 8 years ago and as soon as I got busted I stopped. i honestly didnt really think what i was doing was THAT wrong until called out on it.
Wait- you are admitting that you used to shill and that you only stopped bacause you were caught?

And you are also saying that you honestly didn't see anything wrong with what you were doing?
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:18 AM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

thats what Im saying. I started selling sold maybe like 10 items and a friend asked me to bid on her item and I asked her to bid on mine. I did this like 5 times and then bid on my own stuff from an alternate account for another maybe 10 items (All items were mostly DVD sales and a few low end sports cards) before someone sent me a message suspecting shill bidding and I admitted I had done so, they reported me to ebay, again I admitted to what i had done. I took my punishment and have never done it since. So go ahead and hate on me. Atleast I man up and admit my mistakes and dont try to act like im perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
Wait- you are admitting that you used to shill and that you only stopped bacause you were caught?

And you are also saying that you honestly didn't see anything wrong with what you were doing?
JamiMadrox is offline   Reply With Quote