Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2012, 03:10 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by festus View Post
i disagree. the problem is "gifting" to someone that has been registered less than a month with no track record.
unless you know the person.. how can you justify gift payments? I sell all the time and I would never ask for that.. and I have more than 14,000 feedbacks on eBay lol. It's business not personal.. even if you are buying for your PC. Why would you assume 100% of the risk and exposure in a negative way?

If the seller wants a gift payment to avoid fee's they should be willing to accept a small % up front and full payment following delivery.. otherwise it's wrong to even ask for it.. just my 2 cents though.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:11 PM   #52 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Jenkinssssss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan T. View Post
Should have seen the red flags, but he had good feedback here and on eBay and was very responsive up until all this went down. Dumb dumb dumb. More upset about my Stras though. I really liked that card.
He had 8 Feedback here and how do you even know it's his eBay account (there are ways)?
Jenkinssssss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:16 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pudge1760 View Post
Pretty sure he already transferred some of the money. He also spent a bunch last night on Blogtv in a Museum group break.

I have done a ton of breaks with him and thought he was a good guy. Apparently I was wrong. I did think it was curious that he had started to spend so much money recently. He bought over $1000 in boxes at his LCS and has dropped well over that in group breaks in the last week as well.
Money Laundering 101^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sorry to hear this for all the guys that got screwed...takes the fun right out of the hobby
SORRY I DO NOT SHIP TO CANADA UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING TO PAY FOR DC
dbaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:17 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imac7065 View Post
unless you know the person.. how can you justify gift payments? I sell all the time and I would never ask for that.. and I have more than 14,000 feedbacks on eBay lol. It's business not personal.. even if you are buying for your PC. Why would you assume 100% of the risk and exposure in a negative way?

If the seller wants a gift payment to avoid fee's they should be willing to accept a small % up front and full payment following delivery.. otherwise it's wrong to even ask for it.. just my 2 cents though.
i dont ask for gift payments BUT have been offered countless times. seeing Jenkinssssss above this post reminds me,,, he offered to gift for a lawrie auto redemption last winter, i glady accepted.
festus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:19 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by festus View Post
i dont ask for gift payments BUT have been offered countless times. seeing Jenkinssssss above this post reminds me,,, he offered to gift for a lawrie auto redemption last winter, i glady accepted.
if the buyer offers I have no issue with that.. they have their own mind and can choose whatever they want lol.. asking for it is wrong to me though
Old 05-23-2012, 03:19 PM   #56 (permalink)

If you were screwed by this guy, feel free to PM me and I will see what all I can find out on this guy. I don't want to be bashed, so I will keep my profession quiet for now, lol. My wife is also an attorney and has access to several programs and sites which cost thousands of dollars a year to belong to and can find out everything from his social to his traffic tickets, to the hospital he was born. Let me know if you need any help. I will also be glad to call his local PD and see what all we can do.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:21 PM   #57 (permalink)

what happens when he takes all the money out of paypal before someone files his account then he pulls it out of his bank? does it freeze his paypal account and his bank account or just paypal?
CutlerCrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:21 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaks View Post
Money Laundering 101^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sorry to hear this for all the guys that got screwed...takes the fun right out of the hobby
luckily I will only have the money tied up for longer than it should have been and it will be returned to me.. I feel bad for the guy who sent him a card and a gift payment.

How's that card shop owner gonna feel when he gets a chargeback from the CC company too? ouch
Old 05-23-2012, 03:22 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerCrue View Post
what happens when he takes all the money out of paypal before someone files his account then he pulls it out of his bank? does it freeze his paypal account and his bank account or just paypal?
I think paypal can file suit against him or put him into collections. If it's enough $$$ he will have criminal charges
Old 05-23-2012, 03:26 PM   #60 (permalink)

like if its obvious he ripped u off will paypal give u your money back and then they go after the guy for the money or are u the one that has to go after ur money? im fairly new to paypal
CutlerCrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:30 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerCrue View Post
like if its obvious he ripped u off will paypal give u your money back and then they go after the guy for the money or are u the one that has to go after ur money? im fairly new to paypal
you file a claim.. if they don't respond within 7 days you get your money back. You can also choose to "escalate" the claim which could take up to 30 days buy almost always gets you the refund
Old 05-23-2012, 03:40 PM   #62 (permalink)

I want to apologize to those who got cheated by this guy. I feel partly responsible. I am the one who suggested he come on over to the boards after chatting and breaking with him online for a couple of months. He said he was looking for a place to trade some of the stuff he was getting in his breaks for some PC stuff. I had no idea he was like this. Once again I am sorry for bringing this TRASH to the place.
pudge1760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:55 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashnerSupercol View Post
If you were screwed by this guy, feel free to PM me and I will see what all I can find out on this guy. I don't want to be bashed, so I will keep my profession quiet for now, lol. My wife is also an attorney and has access to several programs and sites which cost thousands of dollars a year to belong to and can find out everything from his social to his traffic tickets, to the hospital he was born. Let me know if you need any help. I will also be glad to call his local PD and see what all we can do.
More ppl need to take this guy up on his offer. This guy has committed grand theft at this point with how many ppl he has stole from. Sorry fellas to whoever was ripped off by him.
gritt81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:56 PM   #64 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Ryan T.

Well I just heard from him via email. He claims he is returning my Strasburg today, and will refund my paypal after his account is unfrozen. I have agreed to return any cards I actually receive that he claims he sent.

I'll keep you all up to date on the happenings. I'm not sure why he hasn't posted in here if this is really all an unfortunate misunderstanding, but he did at least contact me after I reached out via email.
Ryan T. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:59 PM   #65 (permalink)

Cowards won't come in and post. Sounds like there are a few of you who got screwed. A couple calls to his local PD with charges likev fraud and theft will get this taken care of in a hurry.
Rossman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:59 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Well I just heard from him via email. He claims he is returning my Strasburg today, and will refund my paypal after his account is unfrozen. I have agreed to return any cards I actually receive that he claims he sent.

I'll keep you all up to date on the happenings. I'm not sure why he hasn't posted in here if this is really all an unfortunate misunderstanding, but he did at least contact me after I reached out via email.
Dont hold your breath........
gritt81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:59 PM   #67 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Ryan T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossman View Post
Cowards won't come in and post. Sounds like there are a few of you who got screwed. A couple calls to his local PD with charges likev fraud and theft will get this taken care of in a hurry.
Well I won't hesitate to take that action if he doesn't do as he says. Since he contacted me I'll give him a few days to make good on this, and if not, then we'll have to resort to those measures.
Ryan T. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:01 PM   #68 (permalink)

I guess he's starting to admit to his actions?
Old 05-23-2012, 04:06 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Well I won't hesitate to take that action if he doesn't do as he says. Since he contacted me I'll give him a few days to make good on this, and if not, then we'll have to resort to those measures.
I wouldn't wait, I'd turn up the heat. It may be his ploy to "extend" this a few more days. That's enough time for paypal to finish the transfer of funds to his bank account. Is his account truly frozen? Time to call bs and get results.
Rossman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:06 PM   #70 (permalink)

I saw a "lock" icon on the thread.. what does that mean?
Old 05-23-2012, 04:07 PM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossman View Post
I wouldn't wait, I'd turn up the heat. It may be his ploy to "extend" this a few more days. That's enough time for paypal to finish the transfer of funds to his bank account. Is his account truly frozen? Time to call bs and get results.
it's negative 650 from me.. I can say that out loud now
Old 05-23-2012, 04:08 PM   #72 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
we should all have it from paypal.. but I am not posting that.. at least not till we hear from him.
On a side note.. if you all were me.. would you file a paypal claim now or wait for a response? I did tell him I would give him 24 hours last night

You wont hear from him is my guess.

Classic case of get feedback cheaply and then scam away.

Those who paid via paypal will get their $$ back. Those who traded stuff away will see nothing. Another scumbag in the world who thinks he can hide in the interwebs.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:11 PM   #73 (permalink)
Banned

I made a trade with TigerBlood for one of his Harper Blue's. Luckily after the lack of commmunication i didnt the send his part of the deal.

This is ridiculous
Yanke125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:13 PM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
I saw a "lock" icon on the thread.. what does that mean?
That means the mods have locked the thread to prevent any further posts from being made in it. What thread was locked?
Andrew Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:13 PM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanke125 View Post
I made a trade with TigerBlood for one of his Harper Blue's. Luckily after the lack of commmunication i didnt the send his part of the deal.

This is ridiculous
this would account for his "4" blue's lol.. he also claimed to have 8 chrome's and a purple