Blowout Cards Forums
Shop OneStopFanShop.com Today!

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2012, 03:20 PM   #76 (permalink)

I had a Internet scammer try this stuff, wouldn't take responsibility until mod posted his info. Then someone searched and found his work info. I and the other guy that bought same item from him called and left messages to his boss about his scam and lies on the Internet. Next thing you know I got a phone call and money next week. He had to borrow from retirement! This guy better take responsibility before it gets ugly!
4baseerror5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:20 PM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jones View Post
That means the mods have locked the thread to prevent any further posts from being made in it. What thread was locked?
according to the icon.. this one? lol

seems to be gone now though
Old 05-23-2012, 03:23 PM   #78 (permalink)

Last edited by smillz300; 05-23-2012 at 06:41 PM.
smillz300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:50 PM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan T. View Post
Well I just heard from him via email. He claims he is returning my Strasburg today, and will refund my paypal after his account is unfrozen. I have agreed to return any cards I actually receive that he claims he sent.

I'll keep you all up to date on the happenings. I'm not sure why he hasn't posted in here if this is really all an unfortunate misunderstanding, but he did at least contact me after I reached out via email.
This is BS! You can refund a payment at ANY point, even if frozen.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:52 PM   #80 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossman View Post
I wouldn't wait, I'd turn up the heat. It may be his ploy to "extend" this a few more days. That's enough time for paypal to finish the transfer of funds to his bank account. Is his account truly frozen? Time to call bs and get results.
That is EXACTLY what he is doing. Once a transfer is initiated, if a claim is filed within 24 hours, the transfer is stopped and the funds held. TO ANYONE he owes money to, FILE A CLAIM NOW! If it is a misunderstanding and your cards are on the way, you can cancel the transaction when you get the cards. File NOW, protect yourself. And to the guy who sent a gift, you can file a claim still, you just have to call PayPal and tell them the truth. Your PP account will be suspended for 7 days for the infraction, but that is alot better than losing money!
Old 05-23-2012, 04:02 PM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashnerSupercol View Post
That is EXACTLY what he is doing. Once a transfer is initiated, if a claim is filed within 24 hours, the transfer is stopped and the funds held. TO ANYONE he owes money to, FILE A CLAIM NOW! If it is a misunderstanding and your cards are on the way, you can cancel the transaction when you get the cards. File NOW, protect yourself. And to the guy who sent a gift, you can file a claim still, you just have to call PayPal and tell them the truth. Your PP account will be suspended for 7 days for the infraction, but that is alot better than losing money!
It took me awhile.. but after the 5th person I filed the claim.. lets see if he responds..
Old 05-23-2012, 04:08 PM   #82 (permalink)

almost did a huge deal with him, something seemed fishy, thank god i didnt....for all those curious this scum bag is on blogtv all the time under the same alias
Bonaflyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:11 PM   #83 (permalink)

I just sent him a FB message and told him he needed to overnight all cards back to the owners with DC, and call PP and refund all payments made, or he was facing serious jail time. I just got off the phone with his local police department, and they have 2 detectives looking into it right now. I gave them this thread, his FB info, etc. I may need some of your contact info's so they can get in touch with you. They are gong to do all they can to get your money back.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:44 PM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
I just sent him a FB message and told him he needed to overnight all cards back to the owners with DC, and call PP and refund all payments made, or he was facing serious jail time. I just got off the phone with his local police department, and they have 2 detectives looking into it right now. I gave them this thread, his FB info, etc. I may need some of your contact info's so they can get in touch with you. They are gong to do all they can to get your money back.
I like your style! I'll keep you in mind -- I had some issues in the past with some other sellers -- wish you were around back then!
Old 05-23-2012, 04:54 PM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
Blowout member of the year right here.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:56 PM   #86 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Ryan T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaveMeTheGum View Post
I like your style! I'll keep you in mind -- I had some issues in the past with some other sellers -- wish you were around back then!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvious23 View Post
Blowout member of the year right here.
Nicely done. Hopefully this is all a misunderstanding and this member got caught over their head. If not, maybe this will pressure them into making it right. Thank you!
Ryan T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:57 PM   #87 (permalink)

Well, I sincerely hope that all of you are able to get your money back.

But, I gotta say, why did you guys do such giant purchases with a guy who has only 8 feedback?
I recently started working full-time (finally). As a result, I often forget about PMs which I've reviewed during the day, but did not have time to respond to. Please feel free to follow up. It is not my intention to ignore or forget about anyone.
bdrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:03 PM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdrr View Post

But, I gotta say, why did you guys do such giant purchases with a guy who has only 8 feedback?
+1........
Lastminute73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:03 PM   #89 (permalink)
Banned

if its too good to be true, it is. Sucks that this happened, was working out a highend trade for most of the cards I have back at home that are in my ZZZ/NFT Albums. Thank god someone stepped up on here to call him out as I would have no clue what was really going down. Was suppose to head back home next week and get everything ready to ship out. I hope it all works out for everyone envolved. Everyone should get their money back from paypal but those who sent cards will most likely have to persue further actions. If thats really his facebook looks to be a kid whos going to have some really ticked off parrents.

Last edited by whityscards; 05-23-2012 at 05:58 PM.
whityscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:54 PM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdrr View Post

Well to be fair, there are plenty of ways to get lots of feedback on here and still be a scumbag. Unless you have traded with someone before (no matter the amount of feedback) then you should take the necessary steps to make sure the transaction is smooth. Yea I'm new on this particular website, but I have been on ebay and Sportscardfun for quite a while. check more than iTrader.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:19 PM   #91 (permalink)

Sadly, he'll make a plea to a reduced misdemeanor charge, maybe do a few hours of community service and pay a small fine, if anything.

I applaud all of those who have or currently are taking action, but there is no real threat of "serious jail time" here.

That said, the guy is obviously over his head here. Good work to all those who called him out on this BS.
Popejonash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:22 PM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJaxon View Post
Well to be fair, there are plenty of ways to get lots of feedback on here and still be a scumbag. Unless you have traded with someone before (no matter the amount of feedback) then you should take the necessary steps to make sure the transaction is smooth. Yea I'm new on this particular website, but I have been on ebay and Sportscardfun for quite a while. check more than iTrader.
I know people who had 200+ feedback on SCF who went bad overnight. You're right in that it's impossible to tell if somebody is about to go on a rip-off rampage. But, it's also easier than most like to admit to tell when something is off. The temptation, for some, to get a good deal is often too good to resist.
I recently started working full-time (finally). As a result, I often forget about PMs which I've reviewed during the day, but did not have time to respond to. Please feel free to follow up. It is not my intention to ignore or forget about anyone.
bdrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:23 PM   #93 (permalink)

Am I right in assuming this was him in his past life here on Blowout? Hate to do this, but "calling out" Abenaki Blood
Popejonash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:32 PM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popejonash View Post
Sadly, he'll make a plea to a reduced misdemeanor charge, maybe do a few hours of community service and pay a small fine, if anything.

I applaud all of those who have or currently are taking action, but there is no real threat of "serious jail time" here.

That said, the guy is obviously over his head here. Good work to all those who called him out on this BS.
Even if that's true you should have waited to mention it. Maybe just him reading this post and seeing that would have been enough motivation to send the cards back.
JoeD617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:41 PM   #95 (permalink)

I was wondering if you could touch base with the people of the board why your feedback says what it says? Im just wondering? NOR IMPLYING ANYTHING
Quote:
Originally Posted by whityscards View Post
if its too good to be true, it is. Sucks that this happened, was working out a highend trade for most of the cards I have back at home that are in my ZZZ/NFT Albums. Thank god someone stepped up on here to call him out as I would have no clue what was really going down. Was suppose to head back home next week and get everything ready to ship out. I hope it all works out for everyone envolved. Everyone should get their money back from paypal but those who sent cards will most likely have to persue further actions. If thats really his facebook looks to be a kid whos going to have some really ticked off parrents.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:43 PM   #96 (permalink)

Quote:

I just heard back from his local police department, and this can't be further from the truth. Seems they have 7 deals on various places he has failed to show INTENT to complete the trade/sale. With the amount of money involved, the first one will be a misdemeanor, the rest will all be felonies in his state. With the trend, it is also possible to get the Feds involved, along with the USPS. The total, while they couldn't tell me the exact amount, is over $5,000 which makes it very worth while for them to prosecute. There will be NO misdemeanor pleas here!
Old 05-23-2012, 06:46 PM   #97 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whityscards View Post
I'm still waiting myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by peekaboo View Post
I was wondering if you could touch base with the people of the board why your feedback says what it says? Im just wondering? NOR IMPLYING ANYTHING
I'm about to add to that feedback!
Major_League is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:48 PM   #98 (permalink)

To the Guys who were screwed, I am on your side and will be damned if he gets away with this. I just had a guy claim he got an empty package for a Hosmer black auto. Post office is dealing with it, eBay denied claim within 2 days as well, said there was a prior history. I really hate people who steal. WORK like I do, like the rest of us do. I mean really, I want a 52 Topps Mantle like the rest of us, but Im gonna buy what I can afford, and maybe 1 day, with a thousand GOOD deals, and trading my way up there, I will get one to put up for my 2 year old son. But I want to earn it, that way my SON can be PROUD of me and the card, not have to hide it because it is essentially stolen. Im here to help anyone, and if you wanna committ fraud, find another forum, because I'm gonna help anyone who is screwed hunt you down!
Old 05-23-2012, 06:49 PM   #99 (permalink)

Quote:
Am I right in assuming this was him in his past life here on Blowout? Hate to do this, but "calling out" Abenaki Blood
No, different guy.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:03 PM   #100 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Ryan T.

Quote:
To the Guys who were screwed, I am on your side and will be damned if he gets away with this. I just had a guy claim he got an empty package for a Hosmer black auto. Post office is dealing with it, eBay denied claim within 2 days as well, said there was a prior history. I really hate people who steal. WORK like I do, like the rest of us do. I mean really, I want a 52 Topps Mantle like the rest of us, but Im gonna buy what I can afford, and maybe 1 day, with a thousand GOOD deals, and trading my way up there, I will get one to put up for my 2 year old son. But I want to earn it, that way my SON can be PROUD of me and the card, not have to hide it because it is essentially stolen. Im here to help anyone, and if you wanna committ fraud, find another forum, because I'm gonna help anyone who is screwed hunt you down!
Good man, thank you very much. Agree with everything you said.
Ryan T. is offline   Reply With Quote