Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 10:56 AM   #201 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Ryan T.

2010 Bowman Platinum Stephen Strasburg Green Refractor 4 color Patch Auto /199 | eBay

He just sold the card he stole from me. I hope he chokes on the money.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:32 AM   #202 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan T. View Post
2010 Bowman Platinum Stephen Strasburg Green Refractor 4 color Patch Auto /199 | eBay

He just sold the card he stole from me. I hope he chokes on the money.
He sold it a month and a half ago...

is that someones Trout?

mrraymondmin | eBay
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:34 AM   #203 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post
He sold it a month and a half ago...

is that someones Trout?

mrraymondmin | eBay
Yeah just noticed it was a little while ago. Still hoping someone knows who it went to.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:03 PM   #204 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

I hope nobody buys cards on his eBay and then claims that the card never arrived in order to get their money back from his scams.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:40 PM   #205 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
I hope nobody buys cards on his eBay and then claims that the card never arrived in order to get their money back from his scams.
Well, Brian Gray won the guy above's card....so, yeah
Old 10-12-2012, 05:40 PM   #206 (permalink)

Posted this in the other thread, but figured for those of you that don't check it:

Quote:
Just got off the phone with Brian, he was very courteous and anxious to help me out. Given the lack of a police report, etc. it would be difficult for him to get his money back through Paypal for the card, which is out at BGS now anyway. Instead, Brian has offered to send me $150 SV (the amount the Strasburg sold for) in Leaf merchandise which I can either keep or sell to in some way recoup the cost of the stolen Strasburg. I gratefully accepted his offer, and I'll be sure to post a mailday when the stuff comes in next week.

While it doesn't get my card back, at least I feel I was compensated for it, and it won't sting as much to see it turn up in Rookie Retro next year! I wish there was something to be done about Raymond Min, but apparently having thousands of dollars in Paypal claims won against you in a 1 month period doesn't mean eBay will stop you from selling. Unbelievable.

Again, thanks to Brian and Leaf for making a crappy situation better!
Old 10-12-2012, 07:15 PM   #207 (permalink)

Also here's his YouTube that someone had found. Feel free to leave love notes

mrraymondmin's channel - YouTube
Old 10-13-2012, 01:28 AM   #208 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imac7065 View Post
if you send paypal direct (never send gift) you really aren't risking much more than having your money tied up. They would have to ship you an empty package with signature confirmation and insurance for the full amount of the payment to "get away with it"... I would just record the opening of the package to cover that risk.
I understand your logic behind this but I will tell you why it would not matter and why paypal/ebay will not allow video submissions pertaining to claims. I am not saying you would do this but what would stop you from opening the package, taking out the card, put a decoy card back into the package, tape it back up and then start recording?
Old 10-13-2012, 01:36 AM   #209 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
I understand your logic behind this but I will tell you why it would not matter and why paypal/ebay will not allow video submissions pertaining to claims. I am not saying you would do this but what would stop you from opening the package, taking out the card, put a decoy card back into the package, tape it back up and then start recording?
luckily it never came to that for me... but I would have clearly shown the sealed package in the video. a cut package would show a slit and extra taping.

Last edited by Imac7065; 10-13-2012 at 01:48 AM.
Imac7065 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:47 AM   #210 (permalink)

Quote:
luckily it never came to that for me... but I would have clearly shown the sealed package in the video. a cute package would show a slit and extra taping.
Yea, I agree. Its pretty sad that its come to that in this hobby. The internet makes it so much easier to hose people. I dont want to read this whole thread again but did you finally get your money back?
Old 10-13-2012, 01:50 AM   #211 (permalink)

Quote:
Yea, I agree. Its pretty sad that its come to that in this hobby. The internet makes it so much easier to hose people. I dont want to read this whole thread again but did you finally get your money back?
Luckily I and a bunch of others did get their $$$ back. Unfortunately those who paid via gift or sent items to this thief were SOL...

It looks like Brain Gray (a person many on here seem to hate for whatever reason).. is also trying to help a member im some way. Good for him, and good for that member.
Old 10-13-2012, 01:55 AM   #212 (permalink)

Quote:
luckily it never came to that for me... but I would have clearly shown the sealed package in the video. a cut package would show a slit and extra taping.
i tell you, i need a 3rd hand to properly video tape an opening with my cell. found that out when I opened a package from Taiwan that was supposed to have my /5 from Leaf Ultimate in it (it did thankfully) but the recording was horrible.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:59 AM   #213 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
i tell you, i need a 3rd hand to properly video tape an opening with my cell. found that out when I opened a package from Taiwan that was supposed to have my /5 from Leaf Ultimate in it (it did thankfully) but the recording was horrible.
2nd's on that 3rd hand please!
Old 10-13-2012, 02:02 AM   #214 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
I have a kickstand on my cell phone, but I would suggest propping it up on something.. make sure you have the angle right.. then go to town
Old 10-13-2012, 02:21 AM   #215 (permalink)

Quote:
Luckily I and a bunch of others did get their $$$ back. Unfortunately those who paid via gift or sent items to this thief were SOL...

It looks like Brain Gray (a person many on here seem to hate for whatever reason).. is also trying to help a member im some way. Good for him, and good for that member.
I feel bad for the kid who lost his Strausberg. That was a nice card. I dont even collect baseball but that was a sharp card. That would eat at me if someone did that too me. I would not be satisfied until I got my card back or some other type of revenge. I know two wrongs dont make a right but being a reasonable person after someone did something like this too me is probably not something I am capable of. Then to actually see the card listed and sold on Ebay would have put me over the edge. I would be on a mission at that point to wreck havoc on that pos and I would not quit until I was satisfied.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:24 PM   #216 (permalink)

Quote:
I feel bad for the kid who lost his Strausberg. That was a nice card. I dont even collect baseball but that was a sharp card. That would eat at me if someone did that too me. I would not be satisfied until I got my card back or some other type of revenge. I know two wrongs dont make a right but being a reasonable person after someone did something like this too me is probably not something I am capable of. Then to actually see the card listed and sold on Ebay would have put me over the edge. I would be on a mission at that point to wreck havoc on that pos and I would not quit until I was satisfied.
Haha, don't think I haven't fantasized But it's just not worth it...in the end he's some punk ass kid who's so pathetic he has to steal a few hundred dollars at a time from people on the internet. Generally people with his character don't go very far in this life.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:43 PM   #217 (permalink)
Banned

Was very cool of Brian to do that. No one else on the bay would have done anything
sdoug76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:45 PM   #218 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdoug76 View Post
Was very cool of Brian to do that. No one else on the bay would have done anything
Guy is a good dude in general. I showed him a broken case from a leaf box and without hesitating he got it fixed and shipped back to me. People on here don't seem to like him though.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:51 PM   #219 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Guy is a good dude in general. I showed him a broken case from a leaf box and without hesitating he got it fixed and shipped back to me. People on here don't seem to like him though.
People on here don't seem to like much in general
sdoug76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:51 PM   #220 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdoug76 View Post
People on here don't seem to like much....
haha believe me I know
Old 10-14-2012, 01:09 AM   #221 (permalink)

Quote:
haha believe me I know
Same thing as trolling....that is all

Riddle: I do no wrong when I am called out I talk smack than run to a moderator when you hurt my feelings...who am I?
texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:17 PM   #222 (permalink)

wanted to share this here as well as in my thread in the Baseball forum. Brian Gray is a good guy by any stretch of my imagination!

Package from Brian came today. Can't even begin to say how thrilled I am. Thank you so much Brian -- definite customer for life here! All this for no other reason than to try and balance out the karma in this crappy deal.

The Pujols is serial #05/10 and is now one of my absolute favorite cards.

Last edited by Ryan T.; 10-22-2012 at 06:22 PM.
Ryan T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:59 PM   #223 (permalink)

Very nice gesture from Brian Gray. You got some great cards!

Quote:
wanted to share this here as well as in my thread in the Baseball forum. Brian Gray is a good guy by any stretch of my imagination!

Package from Brian came today. Can't even begin to say how thrilled I am. Thank you so much Brian -- definite customer for life here! All this for no other reason than to try and balance out the karma in this crappy deal.

Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:08 AM   #224 (permalink)

Quote:

awesome... congrats man. Probably exceeded the $150 he promised you too.