Blowout Cards Forums
4/4/14 Coupon

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2012, 09:11 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBOHICA View Post
you would think since there's an ebay blocked bidder's thread, there would be a bad forum members thread, huh?
exactly! i agree
Jeremy Kerley
Super Collector
mrchipz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:13 PM   #27 (permalink)

it was Srt42004n
Jeremy Kerley
Super Collector
mrchipz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:15 PM   #28 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchipz View Post
it was Srt42004n
After looking at his name, he probably got stoned and forgot that he had sold stuff. Then he was reminded and got stoned again and forgot yet again.
GatorBoyInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:16 PM   #29 (permalink)
Banned

Well since we can't have a thread about bad members. How about we have a thread about good members? Where someone nominates you as a trusted member and then xx number of other members have to validate this information and then you are put on the trusted list?
Old 05-23-2012, 09:38 PM   #30 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Well, as it was pointed out to me last night, not everybody will know whether or not I ship quick or slow. So I fixed it. I now have it in my sig. I ship slowly. And as the OP pointed out last night, I have legit excuse as to why I ship slowly other than the fact that I MUST be lazy. You can add me to your "crappy member" list's if ya'll come up with one that doesnt get deleted. Sorry...but that stuff really pissed me off last night.
TrueIrishFan616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:42 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueIrishFan616 View Post
Well, as it was pointed out to me last night, not everybody will know whether or not I ship quick or slow. So I fixed it. I now have it in my sig. I ship slowly. And as the OP pointed out last night, I have legit excuse as to why I ship slowly other than the fact that I MUST be lazy. You can add me to your "crappy member" list's if ya'll come up with one that doesnt get deleted. Sorry...but that stuff really pissed me off last night.
What were your excuses again? The fact you have a wife? Kids? MANY of us have a wife and children. Guess what? We still RESPECT those who do business with us and ship their items on time. Bottom line is you take the time to receive someones money but dont take the time to ship their items quickly. Is it that tough to print a label and walk to mailbox? I bet there is a post office on your way to work, why not stop in for 2 minutes and ship it? Your full of excuses, and those excuses as the same things the rest of the respectable members navigate on a daily basis.
cruiserdaddy7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:44 PM   #32 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
What were your excuses again? The fact you have a wife? Kids? MANY of us have a wife and children. Guess what? We still RESPECT those who do business with us and ship their items on time. Bottom line is you take the time to receive someones money but dont take the time to ship their items quickly. Is it that tough to print a label and walk to mailbox? I bet there is a post office on your way to work, why not stop in for 2 minutes and ship it? Your full of excuses, and those excuses as the same things the rest of the respectable members navigate on a daily basis.
I have dealt with him on numerous occasions and items were shipped in a timely manner, he is one of the best in the hobby as far as I am concerned.
palmdesertcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:46 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmdesertcards View Post
I have dealt with him on numerous occasions and items were shipped in a timely manner, he is one of the best in the hobby as far as I am concerned.
I not questioning his integrity at all. Im sure he is an honest guy. HE is the one who has come out to say he ships slow and even placed it in his signature. Im not sure why someone feels its simply ok to admit they have other things to do ONCE they complete a deal and one of those doesnt happen to be shipping your item. I personally am not a fan of the attitude "Ill ship it when I feel like it"
Old 05-23-2012, 09:47 PM   #34 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I not questioning his integrity at all. Im sure he is an honest guy. HE is the one who has come out to say he ships slow and even placed it in his signature. Im not sure why someone feels its simply ok to admit they have other things to do ONCE they complete a deal and one of those doesnt happen to be shipping your item. I personally am not a fan of the attitude "Ill ship it when I feel like it"
When I deal with quality people that I trust, I dont get upset if they ship late, thats just me. If its weeks with no communication, thats different. But if something comes 3-5 days late I am fine. Not trying to stir or anything, was just saying I would trust him with my collection anyday.
palmdesertcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:11 PM   #35 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Alright look...I dont know why you started in on me about this. I've never even spoken to you, before you decided to start with me. So here's what I've got to say. I dont use EXCUSES. I have REASONS. My reasons are that i work crazy hours for YOUR military. And my main reason is that I have a wife with a disability and MOST of my time is taken up with taking care of her. So, I decided to put in my sig that I do ship slowly. It's a warning to people. A heads up if you will. A polite and respectable way of warning people. It's no surprise to anybody anymore. And if someone doesnt like it, dont buy, sell, trade with me. PERIOD. I didnt say it was "okay" that I ship slowly...but that's the only way I can do business most of the time. I'm not full of excuses. I have a responsibility that you cant' presume to know how to navigate. And no...a PO is NOT on my way to work. We have a PO on base...but i work hours that dont allow me to be there during normal business hours. Dont presume to know anything about my life. Dont throw me in the same bucket as people who just dont give a damn. You know nothing about me, sir. You can learn a few things from some of the good members on here. Being polite, respectful, and keeping your nose out of other's business unless your opinion is asked for, will get you a long way.
TrueIrishFan616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:44 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
If only somebody had a master list of crappy members that have screwed over other folks, lied, or are simply d-bags.........
Simple solution as I brought up earlier....

Make a sticky thread that we can update with members user names, real names, and what their offenses were.

LOOKING FOR: Alex Smith/Timothy Flanders
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:49 PM   #37 (permalink)

I like trueirish, he's very reliable and a great guy on scf, no reason to think he would change over here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueIrishFan616 View Post
Alright look...I dont know why you started in on me about this. I've never even spoken to you, before you decided to start with me. So here's what I've got to say. I dont use EXCUSES. I have REASONS. My reasons are that i work crazy hours for YOUR military. And my main reason is that I have a wife with a disability and MOST of my time is taken up with taking care of her. So, I decided to put in my sig that I do ship slowly. It's a warning to people. A heads up if you will. A polite and respectable way of warning people. It's no surprise to anybody anymore. And if someone doesnt like it, dont buy, sell, trade with me. PERIOD. I didnt say it was "okay" that I ship slowly...but that's the only way I can do business most of the time. I'm not full of excuses. I have a responsibility that you cant' presume to know how to navigate. And no...a PO is NOT on my way to work. We have a PO on base...but i work hours that dont allow me to be there during normal business hours. Dont presume to know anything about my life. Dont throw me in the same bucket as people who just dont give a damn. You know nothing about me, sir. You can learn a few things from some of the good members on here. Being polite, respectful, and keeping your nose out of other's business unless your opinion is asked for, will get you a long way.

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
DanShakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:51 PM   #38 (permalink)

Double post

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.

Last edited by DanShakespeare; 05-23-2012 at 11:57 PM.
DanShakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:08 AM   #39 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

A few things.

1. If you have a deal with someone and it goes poorly, leave feedback.

2. If the issue is serious in nature, ie. not slow shipping, pm myself, iluvfish2, broscards, pat_blowoutcards and make us aware of the issue. If we aren't told about it, there is a good chance it might get missed.

3. And this one is important and should answer the question brought up in this thread. When there is a thread calling out a member, act like grownups and stop trashing the threads. Reason #1 why those threads get deleted, people that have no business even posting in the threads posting garbage. Are there legit gripes and issues brought up in the threads? Absolutely. Is there a need for people to run the thread up for a few hundred posts throwing crap on the fire? No. This again points me back to number 2. Make us aware of the issue.

2 issues have popped up recently and have been taken care of, Tigerblood and Rebel31. Today was the first I or Robert had heard of Tigerblood. We have 1 record of Rebel31 which is being dealt with. If there are any other issues with him (peekaboo's issue), we don't know about it and can't do anything about it. A few mentions of Srt42004n, why hasn't anyone left him appropriate feedback?

As for the "bad member" thread, I honestly don't see a need for it. If you leave appropriate feedback, members will be cautioned against dealing with them. I know if I see less than 100%, it raises red flags. If the issue requires us (mods) to do something, and we are made aware of it (ie. doing more than posting a call out thread in the FB forum), chances are that person will be removed from the forum and not given a chance to screw someone else over.

To sum things up, leave feedback, tell us (or at the very least hit the report button and explain it so we can look into an issue further), and stop ruining the member feedback threads with useless crap so that we don't have to weed through tons of posts to find the actual issue. When the last part happens, we will be a whole lot less inclined to delete the thread.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:11 AM   #40 (permalink)

So serious question, Pat. Why not just delete the inflammatory posts and keep the thread, with the warranted warnings? Is it just a matter of workload?

I am not in favor of deleting threads, unless they are just totally worthless, but I can see it from both sides.
WilsonValdez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:16 AM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskell02 View Post
As for the "bad member" thread, I honestly don't see a need for it.
Really? No need for it? There clearly is when there's multiple scammer threads daily on here with honest, hard working people scammed out of their cards because they had no idea about these people. It would take little to no effort to make a sticky thread dealing with this issue. Just my .02

Old 05-24-2012, 12:17 AM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
So serious question, Pat. Why not just delete the inflammatory posts and keep the thread, with the warranted warnings? Is it just a matter of workload?

I am not in favor of deleting threads, unless they are just totally worthless, but I can see it from both sides.
I'm not a fan of deleting threads either. But with my work schedule, and I'm sure Robert's is similar, I don't have time to go through 200 post thread to delete all but the 5 or so worthwhile posts in it. It always is the same people complaining about what we do that cause us to do what we do (not directed in any way at the OP or anyone here, just a general observation). If those, using your words, worthless posts stop, we would have no need to either delete the thread or remove posts from the thread. Add in having to continue to monitor the threads to keep it on topic is a full time job in itself.

As I said before, if people would just leave feedback, 99% of these issues would be solved.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:18 AM   #43 (permalink)

Y'all should hire a new MOD. I'll throw my hat in the ring.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:19 AM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeMan12406 View Post
Really? No need for it? There clearly is when there's multiple scammer threads daily on here with honest, hard working people scammed out of their cards because they had no idea about these people. It would take little to no effort to make a sticky thread dealing with this issue. Just my .02
Is it so hard to leave feedback and/or notify a mod of an issue? Why do we need a thread, that needs to be monitored, when iTrader does that for us? Leave feedback and tell us and said scammer or problematic member won't be here to scam. Seems pretty simple to me honestly.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:25 AM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Is it so hard to leave feedback and/or notify a mod of an issue? Why do we need a thread, that needs to be monitored, when iTrader does that for us? Leave feedback and tell us and said scammer or problematic member won't be here to scam. Seems pretty simple to me honestly.
Yeah it sounds easy to me too. But no one does.

Answer me this so you are here, I almost left one negative for a user and didn't because he threatened me with a negative just because I was leaving him one that he deserved. I've read that it's sometimes impossible to get it removed even if you did anything.

Feedback extortion should be a bannable offense, no?

Old 05-24-2012, 12:31 AM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeMan12406 View Post
Yeah it sounds easy to me too. But no one does.

Answer me this so you are here, I almost left one negative for a user and didn't because he threatened me with a negative just because I was leaving him one that he deserved. I've read that it's sometimes impossible to get it removed even if you did anything.

Feedback extortion should be a bannable offense, no?
Depending on the situation, yes. Pat (the other Pat) is the only person here able to modify feedback, and he is often away for a few days at a time, so it might take longer than we would like to get taken care of.

Before someone brings up us deleting both feedback, yes it does happen on occasion. That generally only ever happens when questionable feedback is left by both parties, or when issues have been resolved (most of the time due to bad communication on both parts).

You mention thinking about leaving a neg. If it is a situation where a neg is warranted, yes, leave it. If the other person extorts feedback off of you, report that message(s).
Old 05-24-2012, 12:33 AM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Depending on the situation, yes. Pat (the other Pat) is the only person here able to modify feedback, and he is often away for a few days at a time, so it might take longer than we would like to get taken care of.

Before someone brings up us deleting both feedback, yes it does happen on occasion. That generally only ever happens when questionable feedback is left by both parties, or when issues have been resolved (most of the time due to bad communication on both parts).

You mention thinking about leaving a neg. If it is a situation where a neg is warranted, yes, leave it. If the other person extorts feedback off of you, report that message(s).
Thanks.

Also I'll say that I take some responsibility in that thread getting closed by stirring the pot so I apologize. I'm sorry.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:38 AM   #48 (permalink)
Banned

This is the first time I have seen a list of mods. I have never had a problem witb a deal on here. I do believe that feedback being appropriately left would solve the issue. I have had many members explain to me a reason for delayed payment or shipping and I can get that life occurs. Some people need to lighten up and understand not everyone can ship the nexg day but the seller should keep them updated.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:59 AM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBoyInTN View Post
This is the first time I have seen a list of mods. I have never had a problem witb a deal on here. I do believe that feedback being appropriately left would solve the issue. I have had many members explain to me a reason for delayed payment or shipping and I can get that life occurs. Some people need to lighten up and understand not everyone can ship the nexg day but the seller should keep them updated.
I dont think anyone on here gets angry when a seller doesnt ship the next day. Atleast I do not. I feel like within 3 days is a VERY reasonable time considering all it takes is printing a label and sticking it in the mailbox. Boom, done. The clown my initial post was about lost a buyers info and then only noticed the mistake a month later. He had been posted before as well. Thats brutal service.

The trend on here is becoming very obvious. People take 7 days or more to ship and MANY dont even ship until a PM is sent to them asking where the stuff is at. In the end many buyers on here seem to have the mentality "atleast it showed up" after waiting 3-4 weeks. In my opinion that doesnt cut it. If I can take 5 minutes to pay you, you can take 5 minutes to package my item and print a label within a few days.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:15 AM   #50 (permalink)

Wait - we have a third MOD?
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote