Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2012, 11:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default What do do when seller charges excessive shipping

Ive had this come up a few times. Where I am charged crazy amounts of shipping. I understand the notion of agreeing to pay for shipping when you put in a bid.

But what if the nutjob charges you like $20 shipping and it comes mailed to your house in a bubble mailer marked $3.15? Is that fair? If it isnt, what do you do about the situation?
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:13 AM   #2 (permalink)

Ding DSR, about all you can do. Everyone is going to say that you agreed to pay the shipping when you bid, which is correct. You can try contacting the seller and asking for a partial refund I suppose.

KCCO!!
timfsu2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfsu2k View Post
Ding DSR, about all you can do. Everyone is going to say that you agreed to pay the shipping when you bid, which is correct. You can try contacting the seller and asking for a partial refund I suppose.
But I agreed to pay $17 for EMS but it came regular mail. If the auction states $20 for regular mail then I wouldnt bid. It states $17 for internatonal shipping priority with tracking because the guy has to cover his but. Thats fine with me, but isnt that mail extortion / fraud to charge me for a service that I dont recieve?
Old 05-24-2012, 11:25 AM   #4 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
But I agreed to pay $17 for EMS but it came regular mail. If the auction states $20 for regular mail then I wouldnt bid. It states $17 for internatonal shipping priority with tracking because the guy has to cover his but. Thats fine with me, but isnt that mail extortion / fraud to charge me for a service that I dont recieve?

If you paid for a service you did not received I would contact the seller for the amount of overage.

People piss and moan about paying $4 here in the us and they receive a card in a PWE. Even if the card is fine they cry like little children. In their cases they were offered USPS 1st class service and received it.

It seems in this case you were offered and paid for a service. You did not receive the service and should be refunded. If he says no then leave a negative. Do NOT say anything about feedback in your communication with him though.

Edit- Also if he does not refund the extra cost I would go through paypal AND Ebay. Plus if he has no tracking then you can file a chargeback, get a full refund, take your $14 out and send him the rest back.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more

Last edited by jlzinck; 05-24-2012 at 11:27 AM.
jlzinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I would definitely ding their DSR's still deserve a positive but a 1 star in the example you have provided. I think you should get at least the service you paid for. Of course none of this will matter with their DSR's come June 1st when DSR's go away.
dthimesch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:22 PM   #6 (permalink)

You have their address...

Ship them a turd in a box COD for a minimal amount but mark the box up like it's something important so they won't reject it. That way they have to pay for the shipping (COD) and they get a turd in a box!
Old 05-24-2012, 12:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

EPIC idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
You have their address...

Ship them a turd in a box COD for a minimal amount but mark the box up like it's something important so they won't reject it. That way they have to pay for the shipping (COD) and they get a turd in a box!
JamiMadrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:29 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamiMadrox View Post
EPIC idea
Yeah, I wonder where he got that idea from
Old 05-24-2012, 02:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

payback is in order!
Old 05-24-2012, 02:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Without even reading this earns thread of the week just for having poop in the title.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:33 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Ive had this come up a few times. Where I am charged crazy amounts of shipping. I understand the notion of agreeing to pay for shipping when you put in a bid.

But what if the nutjob charges you like $20 shipping and it comes mailed to your house in a bubble mailer marked $3.15? Is that fair? If it isnt, what do you do about the situation?
It is a clear violation of Ebay selling policies. You ding DSR's.
pac213up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:48 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
Without even reading this earns thread of the week just for having poop in the title.
+1000 lol.

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
DanShakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
It is a clear violation of Ebay selling policies. You ding DSR's.
I have another package coming in. If I pick it up at the PO and it says anything less than $10 (Paid $17), Im going to reject the package (Return to sender) then open a paypal claim that I never got it. I should recieve a full refund.

I also just bought something by sniping and the seller wont budge on shipping. He states he is from the US but his ID says from Europe. Wont budge on $17. IM just not going to pay!

The more I think about the way ebay works, the more Im starting to understand how sellers rights have been taken away because of a few that abuse things such as excessive shipping fees and hostile communications.

Last edited by Orangejello727; 05-24-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:17 PM   #14 (permalink)

if i bid on or buy an item i look at the total price including shipping to judge how much i am gonna pay.

if some one is selling a Jordan rc for $500 + $5 shipping or $5 + $500 shipping it is the same thing to me.

Now, on the otherhand if i buy a card for $10 with s/h charges of $5 and it comes standard i ding the dsr's. that really all you can do
Jeremy Kerley
Super Collector
mrchipz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 03:21 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchipz View Post
if i bid on or buy an item i look at the total price including shipping to judge how much i am gonna pay.

if some one is selling a Jordan rc for $500 + $5 shipping or $5 + $500 shipping it is the same thing to me.

Now, on the otherhand if i buy a card for $10 with s/h charges of $5 and it comes standard i ding the dsr's. that really all you can do
I bought something off a member here lastnight for $21. This shipping charges on $21 is $16. I simply didnt notice it. Ill take the Non paying bidder and justify my reasons for it.

Im just sick and tired of paying shipping charges that dont even come close to the actual charges. ITs a fraud in my opinion

I think I won a total of $72 last week. But I paid close to $66 in shipping. What is killing me is that the seller is NOT willing to work with me on this.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:22 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
I bought something off a member here lastnight for $21. This shipping charges on $21 is $16. I simply didnt notice it. Ill take the Non paying bidder and justify my reasons for it.

Im just sick and tired of paying shipping charges.

I think I won a total of $72 last week. But I paid close to $66 in shipping. What is killing me is that the seller is NOT willing to work with me on this.
now thats just insane!! $21 sale and $16 in shipping and he wont combine??
Jeremy Kerley
Super Collector
mrchipz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 03:40 PM   #17 (permalink)

I would complain not based off the shipping cost because you knew and agreed on what you were paying going in, but about being lied to about the shipping method. That deserves a partial refund.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:42 PM   #18 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchipz View Post
now thats just insane!! $21 sale and $16 in shipping and he wont combine??
I honestly didnt read it in time. My bid came in at 3 seconds prior to ending. I do admit to my fault. WHat bugs me is the seller is a member here and will NOT budge or even work with me on excessive shipping charges. Its frustrating.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:02 PM   #19 (permalink)

Just be lucky I didn't have lobster then night before I sent you your package...

I am HIGHLY allergic to lobster....

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipmaster View Post
Yeah, I wonder where he got that idea from
Old 05-24-2012, 05:54 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:

Im just sick and tired of paying shipping charges that dont even come close to the actual charges. ITs a fraud in my opinion

In your original scenario you paid for a service that was not provided. I would have no problems dinging a star there unless the seller could provide a valid explanation. However it's an entirely different scenario when it was your fault you didn't see the charges.

Think of it this way. If I'm the seller and I state in my auctions that intl shipping is $xx to cover Paypals required tracking procedures, and then after winning the auction the buyer is asking me to lower the charges (and basically not pay to track it) wouldn't that raise a red flag to you? Hmmm..this buyer wants me to send it cheap so he can file an INR on me, and I'll be out the card and the money. (not implying you would, but as a seller I would not agree to alter the terms of my auction after it has already been ended)

If you pay $16 for shipping and it arrives with $2 in stamps on then by all means you have a right to be pi$$ed, but it wasn't the sellers fault you didn't look at the charges.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:10 PM   #21 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
In your original scenario you paid for a service that was not provided. I would have no problems dinging a star there unless the seller could provide a valid explanation. However it's an entirely different scenario when it was your fault you didn't see the charges.

Think of it this way. If I'm the seller and I state in my auctions that intl shipping is $xx to cover Paypals required tracking procedures, and then after winning the auction the buyer is asking me to lower the charges (and basically not pay to track it) wouldn't that raise a red flag to you? Hmmm..this buyer wants me to send it cheap so he can file an INR on me, and I'll be out the card and the money. (not implying you would, but as a seller I would not agree to alter the terms of my auction after it has already been ended)

If you pay $16 for shipping and it arrives with $2 in stamps on then by all means you have a right to be pi$$ed, but it wasn't the sellers fault you didn't look at the charges.

I agree with that. Im not faulting the seller for my oversight. Im faulting the seller for not working with me, especially after I had told him that we have dealt in the past on forums. So essentially he knows im not a scammer or looking to pull one over on him.

That being said, Im fine with paying $16 for shipping. But if it comes in a $2 stamp with no tracking or insurance...hell if its nowhere close to $16 in shipping as Ive paid, do I have the write to file a claim for the whole amount in refund because he wont be able to prove it?

Ill eat my mistake..but dont hate me if I make him eat his own. 1 for 1 right? When you are wrong, you much pay for your mistake. In my cases, I should be in my right to file non reciept all based on him not providing any tracking info, insurance and proper shipping as paid for .
Old 05-24-2012, 06:12 PM   #22 (permalink)

Wasn't aware that the seller stated that a certain type of service was going to be used. In that case I'd say it was pretty shady on the part of the seller.

KCCO!!
timfsu2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:16 PM   #23 (permalink)

I don't feel you should receive a free card out of it, but I see no reason you couldn't talk to paypal about a SNAD case if a service you paid for was not provided. If at that point you could work out a partial and solve the issue then I see nothing wrong with it.

Just my opinion.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:33 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
Just be lucky I didn't have lobster then night before I sent you your package...

I am HIGHLY allergic to lobster....
I prefer a diet of peanuts, corn and grape soda.........
Old 05-24-2012, 06:36 PM   #25 (permalink)

Report them to ebay for excessive shipping practices.