Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2012, 02:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default The OFFICIAL *BEWARE of SCAMMER(s)* Thread - Updated Constantly

Okay I want some feedback from you, the members on how this thread should go. This thread should involve no bashing, no calling out, nothing like that. If you've been scammed, known scammers with evidence whether it be from cards, paypal, cash, or feedback extortion than we can list them. I'll keep this list updated through this post. We need to protect ourselves.

KNOWN SCAMMERS! BEWARE
1. #_1 aka dean33cobain5 (2 Sepulga Drive, Brown Mills, NJ)
- Known scammer under multiple aliases. Do not ship to the above address

2. Kali
- Mail Fraud on $2500 worth of items

3. Richard Kessler aka cj_sportslover aka rich_4041 aka kess4041 on YouTube
- Ripped off multiple people on group breaks and transactions, where he never sent anything, never communicated, and then straight up left Ebay. People are threatening police action against him now since he pocketed lots of money from them. Yet guys like this often come back under different usernames, so if a guy named Richard Kessler asks you for money, BE WARY

4. wisconsin_dani (Ebay Seller)
- Seller of fake patches. All info can be found here wow, talking about a loser...

5. Sidthekidc87 (Former BO member)
- Real Name Robert Bethell. Be aware if dealing with him. He has been banned twice and has NUMEROUS outstanding deals with members on here.

6. Tom Murray aka GARKOCOLLECTOR (Well known, long time Internet Scammer)
- Just take a trip down the rabbit hole with this one: Attention GARKOCOLLECTOR...

BAD BUYERS
1. mah73
- Non paying buyer with a long history of non payment.

2. austinaustin6
- Alerted to austinaustin6 via a forum post on Blowout about how he doesn't pay. Ebay feedback shows he has a history of not paying and one seller even claims he demanded the item without payment.

3. cgcmonster68
- Used to have a host of negatives for not paying, but then Ebay took them all away (check out his feedback, it's kind of eerie). Regardless, cgcmonster68 is a definite non paying buyer, stay away!

4. enyouartist
- redeemed Diamond Codes I sold him and comaplained because he got the same cards. The codes worked but he didnt like what he got and demanded more free codes or he was going to file a Paypal claim.

BAD SELLERS
1. Rebels31
- Sold a UFC auto, no communication since payment on 5/13

2. geosolomon (Ebay Seller)
- Sending damaged cards. Not covering return shipping

3. TigerBloood
- Selling cards multiple times. Thousands of dollars scammed.

4. CashnerSuperCol
- Using other members scans for cards while not having the cards.

5. santosdegollado
- Slow shipping times, left retaliatory feedback.

6. RockyTopTN
- Cards not as described, refused to work with buyer.

7. atrain2004
- Banned from trading/selling/buying on SCF. Had many issues in late October 2011 where buyers did not receive items sold by atrain2004. Two such issues include Issue #1 and Issue #2. atrain2004's shipping has been slow for a long period of time, and atrain2004 provides little communication to the buyer. He has ripped MANY people off, STAY AWAY!

8. waintrain
- Had multiple issues in October 2011 where he didn't sent items out to paying buyers, including a Blowout Forum moderator. Very little communication. Added 11/21/11.

9. mcgahee21nfl
- Failed to ship out two separate transactions and also never returned PMs. The card sold multiple times was also the same card. Member is now suspended. Beware. Anyone have an issue with --> mcgahee21nfl

10. WTracy (SCF Forums)/open2trading-sportscards (Ebay)
- Knowing selling fake cards. Refuses to not re sell them. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Matthew-Staf...item43b049fcc2

11. alec_n
- Multiple issues of not shipping cards that were sold/traded. Issue can be seen here: Issue with alec_n.....

BAD EBAYERS
1. Slugga1982
- Ran a corrupt group break in October 2011, also has several negatives for shipping issues. When questioned about issues he tried to sweet talk buyers to hold them past the 45 day paypal claim date. He also has canceled those buyers bids on future auctions and banned them from his auctions.

2. cardsmannyc
- Ships very slowly (we're talking over a month) or not at all, which is bad considering his high shipping price. Worst of all, a proven shiller, who used a second account, marksrite46, to artificially inflate his feedback. Stay far away from this seller!

3. apm-cards
- Listed a proven altered/fake patch on Ebay. Everyone reported it and he responded to several messages about it. One response was harsh to another member. The response to me was nice and assured me that he destroyed the card and that he wasn't aware it was fake until we told him. I felt good and told everyone he was a good guy. Months later he listed another proven altered/fake patch on Ebay. This time he covered up the serial # to make it hard to search for the card (even though others have matched it via the auto) and then he refused to answer my messages. Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice...that's not gonna happen. This guy is a CROOK!

4. rdwgouch and rwallace97802012
- New Ebay Seller 2 ID's and selling stuff they do not have and scamming people and has taking people for thousands of dollars between each acct. I only caught it when I was looking at Bryce Harper Autos and he has sold 3 of the SSP print in the last 3 days and stole the pics from another sellers auctions beware! All Stuff is BIN at prices people will think is a steal and will hit BIN. http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Topps-S...#ht_1343wt_927
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar

Last edited by FreeMan12406; 08-03-2012 at 04:23 PM.
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 02:54 PM   #2 (permalink)

thank you very much for this list! I bookmarked it lol
ajscards101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 02:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

RockyTopTN

I did not want to do this (bad seller)
Old 05-26-2012, 03:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

Wow, Tigerblood is on the list? I 've never dealt with him before, but he is on blogtv joining groupbreak and raffling his card all the time!!
cbrjunkie888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

I've been wanting a list like this for some time.
Sidthekidc87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:23 PM   #6 (permalink)

Seahawkfanforlife on BlogTV. eBay name smithcorey1983.
TheBurg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Freeman12406 - heard he sends people their cards with dog crap all over them....same with palm

Sidthekidc87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidthekidc87 View Post
Freeman12406 - heard he sends people their cards with dog crap all over them....same with palm

lol yes thats right..... on that token, i got a card from someone yesterday and there was chocolate all over the toploader, what a joke.
palmdesertcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:48 PM   #9 (permalink)

I had something like this a few months back - feel free to add the names I had, as they were all baddies!

The Official Buyers/Sellers/Scammers to Ignore List - DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE PEOPLE!

Also...careful who you accuse. Some scammers are obvious, but sometimes actions aren't so black and white. Aka please don't list anyone who made an honest mistake, because lists like this can ruin a person's rep forever. That's awesome when they're a scammer...but it's bad if it's just a misunderstanding.

Trout, Ellington, Soler, Baez, and more!
SpastikMooss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:57 PM   #10 (permalink)

haha so this thread isn't even "official"!!!

taking a break from the hobby once I secure this card
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmdesertcards View Post
lol yes thats right..... on that token, i got a card from someone yesterday and there was chocolate all over the toploader, what a joke.
Sorry I got hungry when I was loading up the packages.
GatorBoyInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 04:03 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
haha so this thread isn't even "official"!!!
Lol. There's can be the official one. I thought mine would take off but I was too caught up in getting lots of evidence for the people on my list.

Old 05-26-2012, 04:08 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajscards101 View Post
thank you very much for this list! I bookmarked it lol
Your welcome. Hopefully this can be stickied so we don't run into a problem like the one below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeel View Post
Will add.

Quote:
I've been wanting a list like this for some time.
Thanks. I guess there was one already but hopefully we can get this stickied to the main page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBurg View Post
Seahawkfanforlife on BlogTV. eBay name smithcorey1983.
Will add if you can send me some details about why he should be on the list.

Quote:

Palm actually sends his with 1/1 pubes. I'm the dog crap guy thanks to the two rugrats me wife and I have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpastikMooss View Post
I had something like this a few months back - feel free to add the names I had, as they were all baddies!

The Official Buyers/Sellers/Scammers to Ignore List - DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE PEOPLE!

Also...careful who you accuse. Some scammers are obvious, but sometimes actions aren't so black and white. Aka please don't list anyone who made an honest mistake, because lists like this can ruin a person's rep forever. That's awesome when they're a scammer...but it's bad if it's just a misunderstanding.
Thanks and Im sorry as I had no idea this list existed. Another reason why should push to get one of these stickied. I'll copy the info over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpastikMooss View Post
Lol. There's can be the official one. I thought mine would take off but I was too caught up in getting lots of evidence for the people on my list.
Again my apologizes.
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 04:13 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeMan12406 View Post
Thanks and Im sorry as I had no idea this list existed. Another reason why should push to get one of these stickied. I'll copy the info over.

Again my apologizes.
Lol no worries, I have too many lists I manage on this site anyways .

Good luck with the sticky, pm iluvfish2 or pskell and maybe they can help you out. Mine wasn't stickied because these threads do have a tendency to get dicey if you're not careful about who you add. I.e. you really need to be sure they're scum to be on this list, as vilifying nice collectors who screwed up once is a big no-no, especially since this thread will forever be Googlable.

So it's kind of a delicate balance - you need to add the people that are scammers, but you can't just add everyone people tell you to because a lot of users are quick to throw people under the bus without checking facts. But I think you'll figure it out!

Last edited by SpastikMooss; 05-26-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:32 PM   #15 (permalink)

Kudos for those keeping lists, including Spastik and the OP.. Hopefully this will help in the future, even if only 1 person.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:13 AM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

Atrain scammed me out of $500 worth of cards about 4 or 5 years ago. some of you on Beckett may remember. He sent me a bubble mailer that had just a toploader with a smiley face on it. Dumbo listed one of the cards I sent him which was a Brian westbrook bc rc auto. Good thing I still had my scan and a memberoverlapped his scan with mine and sure enough...autos were a perfect match. After months of back and forth, talking to scf mods and his local pd SCF paid me off what all I sent him to cover their arse since at the time he was in fact a mod for the site! While I was only 16 and what I.sent was the majority of.my collection! after they paid me off I get banned for calling him out and warning everyone to stay clear. Couldn't believe it! Sucks that more people ended up getting scammed by him over the years. Can't imagine how many if he got banned only a year ago! Scf is a joke and as corrupt as your and my local PD!

Still have the scans of the westbrook auto in my buckett too. along with another scammers adress on a bubble mailer that was sent to me empty, believe his id was dmann something? Sound familiar to anyone?

Last edited by whityscards; 06-01-2012 at 05:15 AM.
whityscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:01 AM   #17 (permalink)

I get scammed by my left hand on a daily basis.
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:48 PM   #18 (permalink)

granat17 scammed me. He never sent me my card in a trade we had. Also had horrible communication, and took weeks to reply to my PMs. Terrible member.

Collecting the Thunder and Sacramento Kings for life.
volblorx8634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:50 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whityscards View Post
Atrain scammed me out of $500 worth of cards about 4 or 5 years ago. some of you on Beckett may remember. He sent me a bubble mailer that had just a toploader with a smiley face on it. Dumbo listed one of the cards I sent him which was a Brian westbrook bc rc auto. Good thing I still had my scan and a memberoverlapped his scan with mine and sure enough...autos were a perfect match. After months of back and forth, talking to scf mods and his local pd SCF paid me off what all I sent him to cover their arse since at the time he was in fact a mod for the site! While I was only 16 and what I.sent was the majority of.my collection! after they paid me off I get banned for calling him out and warning everyone to stay clear. Couldn't believe it! Sucks that more people ended up getting scammed by him over the years. Can't imagine how many if he got banned only a year ago! Scf is a joke and as corrupt as your and my local PD!

Still have the scans of the westbrook auto in my buckett too. along with another scammers adress on a bubble mailer that was sent to me empty, believe his id was dmann something? Sound familiar to anyone?
the irony is unbelievable ......
Old 06-01-2012, 10:47 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
the irony is unbelievable ......
Lmaoooooooooo
Old 06-01-2012, 11:42 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
3. Richard Kessler aka cj_sportslover aka rich_4041 aka kess4041 on YouTube
- Ripped off multiple people on group breaks and transactions, where he never sent anything, never communicated, and then straight up left Ebay. People are threatening police action against him now since he pocketed lots of money from them. Yet guys like this often come back under different usernames, so if a guy named Richard Kessler asks you for money, BE WARY
i did a high end deal with him on SCF several months ago, went pretty smooth. guess i got lucky.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:45 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolrobb View Post
i did a high end deal with him on SCF several months ago, went pretty smooth. guess i got lucky.
Yeah he had some issues back in the day - a quick google search shows this one at least - BEWARE of blowout user rich_4041 = SCAM

Sounded like Ebay problems mostly.

Old 06-02-2012, 01:21 PM   #23 (permalink)
Banned

You can go ahead and add my ebay name "palmdavis" to this list for failing to pay for auctions. Only fair.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:58 PM   #24 (permalink)

eBay My World - wisconsin_dani

Replacing patches in cards...in depth talk here

wow, talking about a loser...
Verufian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:06 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
You can go ahead and add my ebay name "palmdavis" to this list for failing to pay for auctions. Only fair.
your name shouldnt be on the list ive read the other thread,you were working to make it right,a scammer just rip's you off then say's i didnt do it...
jam19691 is offline   Reply With Quote