Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2012, 10:08 PM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
paul06901's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,746
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1fan View Post
trust me paul you may not do that but many in this hobby would..easier said than done.This hobby can be pretty cruel i have been ripped off several times..and no i didnt get my money back either! I have also had cards sold out from under me (Penny cards that i PC) that i was not to happy about..i can honestly see it from both sides of the spectrum here which is why i am being honest and not making excuses...I feel better getting the extra money and selling to a Rodman collector who i fealt will really enjoy these cards.Once again i am sorry to whoever frowns upon my choice of judgement on this one
I've been ripped off many times too, but that doesn't mean I have to justify it by backing out of done deals!

If you're looking for sympathy, I'd have it if you completed the deal. I got robbed for $600 a few weeks ago, but I didn't go and bail out of deals to get money to make up for that.


And this wasn't meant to BASH you, it was meant to bring light to the situation and warn anyone who is looking to deal with you.

It's not about the $$$ at all, but your morals. You knowingly bailed, and still are OK with your decision ... so you need to live with the repercussions.
paul06901 is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 10:10 PM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
Verufian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bonney Lake, WA
Posts: 1,828
Default

I've agreed to sell a card before, and even BEFORE the payment came, someone offered me more. I turned him down, saying I already had a deal in place. He continued to offer more and more, to the point where I had to tell him "Dude, I won't. My reputation is worth more than the extra bucks" and he shut up.

My point is, you could do 100 transactions just fine. No problems, no issues, no deadbeats. But the one transaction you screw someone on, is the one that everyone will remember you by.

Everyone has been screwed. I paid $200 for a card that 2 weeks later was ebaying for $100. It happens.
__________________
Photobucket - http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l292/Verufian/
KYLE SEAGER SUPER COLLECTOR!!!
Always looking for Current Mariners / Seahawks auto's.
Verufian is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 10:19 PM   #28 (permalink)
Member
 
p.thomaston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 2,904
Send a message via Yahoo to p.thomaston
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1fan View Post
this speaks for itself..sometimes you just have to be understanding and count your loses which is nothing but a deal we had in place.Dealing with you in the past is why i messaged you back asking for your blessing to sell these to the rodman collector instead and refunding your money..thinking you would be cool about the situation,not only did you message me back but you tell me to put him in touch with you..i seen this as a slap to the face honestly,you basically told me you would flip them out from under me after i asked for your blessing and told you about the situation.This is the main reason why i decided it was better to just sell them to the Rodman collector.And you insist i am a "kid" ?


Hey man, you deserve a negative (period). It will stand for backing out of the deal and the mods will not remove it. The only things wrong about this thread are you thinking you're right an it being in the hobby talk section rather than member feedback.
__________________
SUPER-PC: Patrick Robinson & John Jenkins
WARRR EAGLE!!!
p.thomaston is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 10:19 PM   #29 (permalink)
Member
 
paul06901's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,746
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1fan View Post
this speaks for itself..sometimes you just have to be understanding and count your loses which is nothing but a deal we had in place.Dealing with you in the past is why i messaged you back asking for your blessing to sell these to the rodman collector instead and refunding your money..thinking you would be cool about the situation,not only did you message me back but you tell me to put him in touch with you..i seen this as a slap to the face honestly,you basically told me you would flip them out from under me after i asked for your blessing and told you about the situation.This is the main reason why i decided it was better to just sell them to the Rodman collector.And you insist i am a "kid" ?
It made me wonder if you were a kid, because your actions are childish and immature.


I TAKE LOSSES ALL OF THE TIME! As I said, I just got ripped for $600 a few weeks ago! But you know what, I didn't go around and immorally mess around and screw people, which is what you did here.

I said put him in touch with me because you said he was a collector who really wanted the cards!


Then your tone changes and you say you REALLY NEED THE MONEY?!



Don't try to play the sympathy card or cover your tracks. You're wrong and there is NO justifying what you did.
paul06901 is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 10:20 PM   #30 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul06901 View Post
I've been ripped off many times too, but that doesn't mean I have to justify it by backing out of done deals!

If you're looking for sympathy, I'd have it if you completed the deal. I got robbed for $600 a few weeks ago, but I didn't go and bail out of deals to get money to make up for that.


And this wasn't meant to BASH you, it was meant to bring light to the situation and warn anyone who is looking to deal with you.

It's not about the $$$ at all, but your morals. You knowingly bailed, and still are OK with your decision ... so you need to live with the repercussions.
wasnt using that to justify my actions it was to simply show the difference in being scammed and a deal that didnt fall throw i guess?

and Paul you know how forums work and threads like this...this was meant to get the mob behind you and stomp my name into the dirt while recieving many pats on your back.

I mentioned the reasons to why i came to my decision,I didnt like how you were not remotely understanding since i came at you with nothing but honesty out of respect asking for your blessing which then you just decided to get pushy while basically telling me to let him contact you so u can inflate the prices on him which just didnt sit right with me..

now if i wasnt an honorable person i could have just made up a lie and this whole situation wouldnt even be an issue most likely but out of respect for you Paul and any other members i tried to approach you with honesty and this is what i got in return "bash thread"
penny1fan is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 10:23 PM   #31 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verufian View Post
I've agreed to sell a card before, and even BEFORE the payment came, someone offered me more. I turned him down, saying I already had a deal in place. He continued to offer more and more, to the point where I had to tell him "Dude, I won't. My reputation is worth more than the extra bucks" and he shut up.

My point is, you could do 100 transactions just fine. No problems, no issues, no deadbeats. But the one transaction you screw someone on, is the one that everyone will remember you by.

Everyone has been screwed. I paid $200 for a card that 2 weeks later was ebaying for $100. It happens.
i wasnt trying to justify any of my loses was just simply stating it does happen and it typically doesnt happen like this! much much worse usually.And the few extra bucks over my rep isnt the total issue here..I think Paul could have/ should be a little more understanding here out of respect for me since i showed him nothing but respect while being honest asking him for his blessing.I admit my final decision wasnt a popular one and i know it's a bad move to back out on a deal
penny1fan is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 10:29 PM   #32 (permalink)
Member
 
EMD34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: OKC
Posts: 3,269
Default

I agree it was not the right thing to do, but it was not a big enough deal to make a thread about it.
EMD34 is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 10:35 PM   #33 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 17,396
Send a message via MSN to asujbl
Default

The fundamental flaw in this thread is Penny saying his "moral judgement, ethics" or whatever...

If they had a deal and he bailed before sending the OP his paypal then he would have used judgement to back out before the deal was finalized.

If the OP paid, because the deal was done, there was no decision to make - it was just stealing and figuring it was cool because of the refund.

There is a big difference between backing out of an agreed deal before PayPal addy is exchanged and doing so after payment.

One is lame. The other is essentially stealing $25 as it wasn't your item any longer.
__________________
http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk269/ohiosundevils
Want to save 5-15% on your purchase? Check my feedback and pay via Check/MO/Cash
I do not ACCEPT or SEND Gift Payments - Thanks
asujbl is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 10:40 PM   #34 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
The fundamental flaw in this thread is Penny saying his "moral judgement, ethics" or whatever...

If they had a deal and he bailed before sending the OP his paypal then he would have used judgement to back out before the deal was finalized.

If the OP paid, because the deal was done, there was no decision to make - it was just stealing and figuring it was cool because of the refund.

There is a big difference between backing out of an agreed deal before PayPal addy is exchanged and doing so after payment.

One is lame. The other is essentially stealing $25 as it wasn't your item any longer.
i disagree with you sir but thanks for sharing your logic,stealing is what the guy from Taiwan did to me several years ago
penny1fan is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 10:46 PM   #35 (permalink)
Member
 
p.thomaston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 2,904
Send a message via Yahoo to p.thomaston
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1fan View Post
i disagree with you sir but thanks for sharing your logic,stealing is what the guy from Taiwan did to me several years ago
Honestly, if you want to be a man about it just move on. You made your decision and no matter how much you attempt to justify your decision it will still be wrong. No matter how many times you've had cards sold out from under you, you don't have the right to continue that behavior unless you see nothing wrong with it. The people who are backing you and agreeing with you are likely to be the ones whose life revolves around a measly $25 and a lack of integrity.
__________________
SUPER-PC: Patrick Robinson & John Jenkins
WARRR EAGLE!!!
p.thomaston is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 10:51 PM   #36 (permalink)
Member
 
Randomcards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,041
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1fan View Post
guilty as charged.. both members contacted me at the same time,i didnt intentially inflate prices nor start a private auction when i mentioned i sold them to the OP the Rodman collector got really bummed out and offered much more money and i really need the extra money rightnow! these cards are going to a Dennis Rodman collector aswell and not a flipper.I apologize and admit that it wasnt the most moral thing to do and have never backed out on a deal.I am not a kid and i have sold to you before sir and we never had an issue then now did we? please don't talk down to me and treat me with some respect please.I am a well known member acrossed all of the forums so those who choose to cast judgement feel free.I will be a standup guy while not making any excuses.I need the extra money and feel better about selling them to the Rodman collector and not a flipper.I myself is a player collector and know the feeling to want a card (s) really bad and not have to get inflated prices by flippers.Once again i am sorry for choosing to go this route
At least you owned up too it, and publicly so good for you And I mean that seriously no sarcasm intended.

Whether it was right or not to do is a longer conversation. GL to both of you.
__________________
DONE Collecting EXCEPT 11-12 AND 12-13 Past Present Gamers Prime
Please see my threads! Thx! ^_^
Randomcards is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 10:52 PM   #37 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.thomaston View Post
Honestly, if you want to be a man about it just move on. You made your decision and no matter how much you attempt to justify your decision it will still be wrong. No matter how many times you've had cards sold out from under you, you don't have the right to continue that behavior unless you see nothing wrong with it. The people who are backing you and agreeing with you are likely to be the ones whose life revolves around a measly $25 and a lack of integrity.
wasnt just about the $25 sir maybe you should read my comments thoroughly..why are you still commenting on this thread? maybe you should sit your pitchfork down already and walk away.Are you implying that you are better than myself or others who may chose to possibly agree with me on this one because you may have more money than us or something?Obviously your life revolves around your ego?
penny1fan is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 10:53 PM   #38 (permalink)
Member
 
nismo68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 376
Default

thanks for the heads up pauly.

backing out of a deal once its already confirmed is a BIG NO-NO, especially on forums.

i have his ebay id now on block. no hard feelings to penny1fan.
__________________
nismo68 is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 10:54 PM   #39 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomcards View Post
At least you owned up too it, and publicly so good for you And I mean that seriously no sarcasm intended.

Whether it was right or not to do is a longer conversation. GL to both of you.
thank you i appreciate it
penny1fan is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 10:56 PM   #40 (permalink)
Member
 
SacGWYNN19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,790
Default

Why even start another #@#@#@#@#@#@ session of a thread, like most others on these boards of late. Just drop the effing neg on his ass and move on. You haven't even left the feedback? What the eff is wrong with people?
SacGWYNN19 is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 10:57 PM   #41 (permalink)
Member
 
p.thomaston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 2,904
Send a message via Yahoo to p.thomaston
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1fan View Post
wasnt just about the $25 sir maybe you should read my comments thoroughly..why are you still commenting on this thread? maybe you should sit your pitchfork down already and walk away.Are you implying that you are better than myself or others who may chose to possibly agree with me on this one because you may have more money than us or something?Obviously your life revolves around your ego?
I'm not implying. I'm stating that I have more integrity and money than you. My valuables and invaluables are each of greater worth. Stop being a drama queen.
__________________
SUPER-PC: Patrick Robinson & John Jenkins
WARRR EAGLE!!!
p.thomaston is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 10:57 PM   #42 (permalink)
Member
 
paul06901's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,746
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1fan View Post
wasnt just about the $25 sir maybe you should read my comments thoroughly..why are you still commenting on this thread? maybe you should sit your pitchfork down already and walk away.Are you implying that you are better than myself or others who may chose to possibly agree with me on this one because you may have more money than us or something?Obviously your life revolves around your ego?
Or maybe he's implying that if it's not about the $25 then what is it about?

It's you backing out of the deal you had made, AFTER I PAID and you said you were shipping.


You got greedy and wanted more money, so you sold the cards for more $$$ for yourself.




Quit your defensive behavior that it's a 'mob' to get you with this thread.

You're getting what you deserve, a bad reputation for backing out of a completed deal simply for your own financial gain.
paul06901 is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 10:58 PM   #43 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismo68 View Post
thanks for the heads up pauly.

backing out of a deal once its already confirmed is a BIG NO-NO, especially on forums.

i have his ebay id now on block. no hard feelings to penny1fan.
nismo no hard feelings taken man,you are one of the biggest flippers in the hobby if not the biggest i know! I understand,no need to block my ebay name though because im not as gullable as some people with the true value's of their cards.
penny1fan is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 10:59 PM   #44 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.thomaston View Post
I'm not implying. I'm stating that I have more integrity and money than you. My valuables and invaluables are each of greater worth. Stop being a drama queen.
good to hear! must be nice
penny1fan is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 11:02 PM   #45 (permalink)
Member
 
gamboooler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Edmond, OK
Posts: 3,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1fan View Post
wasnt just about the $25 sir maybe you should read my comments thoroughly..why are you still commenting on this thread? maybe you should sit your pitchfork down already and walk away.Are you implying that you are better than myself or others who may chose to possibly agree with me on this one because you may have more money than us or something?Obviously your life revolves around your ego?
There is no argument. It's black and white; simple contract law. He made an offer, you accepted, and you took payment. The cards are his at that point. It's not a matter of opinion. How are you not getting this? If this was a deal for $7,000 and you sold the goods for $9,500 after-the-fact, the OP could take you to court for $2,500 and win 100% of the time. It's a no-brainer/slam dunk. The only reason you can get away with such behavior is it's only $25 and not worth doing anything about.

I keep posting in this thread because your blase attitude is repulsive. You're acting like the OP is in the wrong and anyone who doesn't agree with you is closed-minded, when it shouldn't even be an issue. You stole from the OP and made $25 off of him. Then you continue on with your sob story... puke. I am very grateful for threads like these as they tend to weed out the weasels from the rest of the pack.
__________________
When I post a price, I will not respond if you ask for a "best price" of if I "can do any better." If you want a better price than the one posted, please counter-offer.
My PhotoBucket: http://s1322.photobucket.com/user/gamboooler/library/
gamboooler is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 11:07 PM   #46 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul06901 View Post
Or maybe he's implying that if it's not about the $25 then what is it about?

It's you backing out of the deal you had made, AFTER I PAID and you said you were shipping.


You got greedy and wanted more money, so you sold the cards for more $$$ for yourself.




Quit your defensive behavior that it's a 'mob' to get you with this thread.

You're getting what you deserve, a bad reputation for backing out of a completed deal simply for your own financial gain.
im not getting anything i "deserve" thats childish don't you think? It's not about the $25 Paul it's how you demanding your messages were not to mention admission of flipping the cards out from underneath me.Is being understanding in this hobby non existant?It's funny how you keep implying the $25..obviously it's the money that has got you upset because you can no longer flip these.I have sold so many nice cards acrossed the boards for much cheaper tates than ebay..most of the cards i sell on the boards end up on ebay and that does not upset me one bit!Flippers do not offend me nor upset me but the way you spoke to me Paul did.
penny1fan is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 11:09 PM   #47 (permalink)
Member
 
nismo68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 376
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1fan View Post
nismo no hard feelings taken man,you are one of the biggest flippers in the hobby if not the biggest i know! I understand,no need to block my ebay name though because im not as gullable as some people with the true value's of their cards.
yes i flip cards (its no secret) but thats not the point of this thread. i have never backed out of a deal.
__________________
nismo68 is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 11:10 PM   #48 (permalink)
Member
 
paul06901's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,746
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1fan View Post
im not getting anything i "deserve" thats childish don't you think? It's not about the $25 Paul it's how you demanding your messages were not to mention admission of flipping the cards out from underneath me.Is being understanding in this hobby non existant?It's funny how you keep implying the $25..obviously it's the money that has got you upset because you can no longer flip these.I have sold so many nice cards acrossed the boards for much cheaper tates than ebay..most of the cards i sell on the boards end up on ebay and that does not upset me one bit!Flippers do not offend me nor upset me but the way you spoke to me Paul did.


You are being extremely stubborn.

Stop trying to bring variables into the situation.


It DOESN'T MATTER what I was planning to do with the cards. I could have been sending them to a friend of mine who's a Bulls collector for FREE...?

Your extraneous information does not make you right, so you might as well stop while you're only 'this far' behind.
paul06901 is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 11:11 PM   #49 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismo68 View Post
yes i flip cards (its no secret) but thats not the point of this thread. i have never backed out of a deal.
but you would gladly buy a Michael Jordan Rookie from a 10 yr old blind kid for a few bucks though right?
penny1fan is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 11:12 PM   #50 (permalink)
Member
 
SacGWYNN19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,790
Default

Finally the neg has dropped - end thread please. Between this and the stupid peekaboo(dropping a neg for a freebie...yes freeibe)/studio(not shipping contest timely) thingy I'm embarrassed for these boards. Absolutely HID
SacGWYNN19 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.