Blowout Cards Forums
Retail Rummage

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 12:17 AM   #126 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWMcComas View Post
ok whew! cause i (like yourself) wouldnt have backed out. At the same time i would not have been abused for any reason either(as has been suggested by penny)...i guess its naive of me but i think of this as a community for a fun hobby and thus i am more likely to say something along the lines of "ok that sucks but you know what...as long as you make right with me on the next one...i understand". again...may be naive but honestly i think id rather be that than this angry over cards...cause i like the hobby and all this back and forth is kinda ugly (no offense intended as i know my opinions are my own...surely OP is UBER pissed and i totally get that)
The point of this thread was not to bash him, it was to bring light to the situation and warn other collectors, which is a GOOD thing for the hobby. It's obvious this guy has no remorse, is just making sympathetic responses and trying to sneak by, so that he can do this again in the future.

He started trying to defend his reasons, which were all irrational and jumbled. That's why it turned into a big ordeal.

Plus the fact that he is STILL not willing to offer a solution, even though he suggested that sending me the $25 would be a good solution.

It's good for the hobby to weed out these guys, and the one guy here who is defending him is obviously one of his buddies, who likely would do the same. There are TONS of great members here, and we know each other in the community. Why would we want a guy like pennyfan1 here after he does some crap like this with no true remorse?!
Old 06-05-2012, 12:17 AM   #127 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbeast89 View Post
You sound more greedy than penny lol
exactly what i am starting to piece together...like i said i have no issues with flippers but wow this is getting over the top for $25

as for the guy who is speaking in law terms i may have breached a contract but not by paypal standards.he was refunded in full in a very timely manor...but sense we speaking in law terms i am pretty sure this thread is a deframation of character correct?
Old 06-05-2012, 12:18 AM   #128 (permalink)

As with ArmyATC this penny1fan should be banned but unfortunately the precedent has been set around here. There is no punishment for this behavior. Buyer pays for the item and the seller admittedly and without care sells them to someone else AFTER they are paid? What a joke. Who cares if the seller refunded. Who cares if buyer wasnt ripped off. Its the WORD and INTEGRITY of the member that becomes a BIG question mark in my book. penny1fan flat out has proven he is a liar and his word is no good. Why continue to carry a member on here that cannot be trusted? Just my opinion...
Old 06-05-2012, 12:18 AM   #129 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWMcComas View Post
ok whew! cause i (like yourself) wouldnt have backed out. At the same time i would not have been abused for any reason either(as has been suggested by penny)...i guess its naive of me but i think of this as a community for a fun hobby and thus i am more likely to say something along the lines of "ok that sucks but you know what...as long as you make right with me on the next one...i understand". again...may be naive but honestly i think id rather be that than this angry over cards...cause i like the hobby and all this back and forth is kinda ugly (no offense intended as i know my opinions are my own...surely OP is UBER pissed and i totally get that)
It is supposed to be fun. Some people are in it for the money, but whatever. The point of the thread is this hobby cannot and will not be fun if we have to put up with dishonesty, lack of integrity, thievery, etc. If you just chalk it up as people being people, at some point, you're going to get really trampled on.

If everyone stuck to their word, was honest, and treated people with respect, this would all be a lot more fun. Backing out on deals is a major part of the problem. The backlash is justified and is part of the solution IMO.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:19 AM   #130 (permalink)

You better not send him the $25 after all of this lol. You apologized and admitted to making the wrong decision and he has done nothing but crucify you as if you murdered one of his relatives! Read my precious post if you think I support what he did but its not the worst thing that can be done to you (did you read the thread an ebay buyer made about receiving an empty envelope in the mail only to find the seller sold it to another person without telling him? THAT would be something to be this upset about).
Old 06-05-2012, 12:19 AM   #131 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul06901 View Post
The point of this thread was not to bash him, it was to bring light to the situation and warn other collectors, which is a GOOD thing for the hobby. It's obvious this guy has no remorse, is just making sympathetic responses and trying to sneak by, so that he can do this again in the future.

He started trying to defend his reasons, which were all irrational and jumbled. That's why it turned into a big ordeal.

Plus the fact that he is STILL not willing to offer a solution, even though he suggested that sending me the $25 would be a good solution.

It's good for the hobby to weed out these guys, and the one guy here who is defending him is obviously one of his buddies, who likely would do the same. There are TONS of great members here, and we know each other in the community. Why would we want a guy like pennyfan1 here after he does some crap like this with no true remorse?!
this is how all of the mobbing/bashing threads start though right? just wanting to warn others and shed some light on this outlandish crazy scumbag thief! isnt that what the whole feedback thing is for
Old 06-05-2012, 12:20 AM   #132 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verufian View Post
And to add to this...

Michigan Legislature - Section 750.356

750.356 Larceny; property; penalties; total value of property stolen; enhanced sentence; prior convictions; "nonferrous metal" defined.
Sec. 356.

(1) A person who commits larceny by stealing any of the following property of another person is guilty of a crime as provided in this section:

(a) Money, goods, or chattels.

(5) If the property stolen has a value of less than $200.00, the person is guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment for not more than 93 days or a fine of not more than $500.00 or 3 times the value of the property stolen, whichever is greater, or both imprisonment and a fine.

They became Paul's goods once you received payment.

Again, I have no dog in this fight, but playing innocent is getting old. You keep saying he was just trying to flip them to get more money, but that's exactly what you are doing, but in a totally backwards type of way.
Probably not larceny as Paul never had possession of the goods. But he definitely was owed delivery. Seems more like conversion than theft or larceny. Not my strongest area, though.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:21 AM   #133 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I agreed that what he did was wrong, but he admitted this himself and has been bashed enough. Just let it be, the damage is done. I honestly hope this is the worst thing that ever happens to you in this thing called LIFE.
IF something worse happens, should you just let that go as well? When you do you draw the line? As soon as it hits home?

Lets just ignore all the crimes. I mean if you ask the criminal, he/she will always say "it was a mistake".

Wrong way to look at things.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:22 AM   #134 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
As with ArmyATC this penny1fan should be banned but unfortunately the precedent has been set around here. There is no punishment for this behavior. Buyer pays for the item and the seller admittedly and without care sells them to someone else AFTER they are paid? What a joke. Who cares if the seller refunded. Who cares if buyer wasnt ripped off. Its the WORD and INTEGRITY of the member that becomes a BIG question mark in my book. penny1fan flat out has proven he is a liar and his word is no good. Why continue to carry a member on here that cannot be trusted? Just my opinion...
liar? a liar would have came up with a lame excuse such as "my dog ate them" refund is on the way..or just let him wait a month and pretend they got lost in the mail?no because i DO have INTEGRITY i was HONEST and am taking it head on.. SMH
Old 06-05-2012, 12:22 AM   #135 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1fan View Post
this is how all of the mobbing/bashing threads start though right? just wanting to warn others and shed some light on this outlandish crazy scumbag thief! isnt that what the whole feedback thing is for
You'd like for it to just be a feedback, so it goes under the radar. I'm sorry you're being exposed here. Like I said, I tried to resolve this with you via PM, but you were too stubborn and intent on making your $25 extra. Now the community needs to know, because you will likely do this again in a flash if you can make more money off another buyer!
Old 06-05-2012, 12:23 AM   #136 (permalink)

Wow this thread started today and already 6 pages. Sorry had to flip to the last page but i probably got the whole story.

A deal is a deal. Its like selling a card on ebay, the buyer pays for it. And then someone else message you saying that they'll pay you more for it. So you just refund the payment and sell to the other guy. Very terrible thing to do, and no point bring it up that its "going to a collector instead of flipper" Thats just an excuse for yourself.

What if the "collector" can only offer you $60 and the op still offered you $75, i bet u would sell to the op without a blink.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:24 AM   #137 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamboooler View Post
Probably not larceny as Paul never had possession of the goods. But he definitely was owed delivery. Seems more like conversion than theft or larceny. Not my strongest area, though.
But, I never asked for my payment to be refunded. The payment was only refunded on account of the item being stolen. At the point we made the deal and I paid, it became my property but in his possession. Then he sold my property.

But I'm not concerned with the legalities, just the moralities.

And this guy STILL, after 6 pages, is showing no *TRUE* remorse. He is doing nothing to make it right with me, just saying "ILL MAKE IT GOOD WITH EVERYONE ELSE FROM NOW ON BY SELLING MY CARDS CHEAPER THAN EBAY TO YOU ON HERE!"

And that shows he will likely rip someone off again like this, quite possibly even worse!
Old 06-05-2012, 12:24 AM   #138 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
IF something worse happens, should you just let that go as well? When you do you draw the line? As soon as it hits home?

Lets just ignore all the crimes. I mean if you ask the criminal, he/she will always say "it was a mistake".

Wrong way to look at things.
Nobody was hurt here (besides penny's rep).... the OP didn't lose any money. What penny did was wrong and he admitted it... its not like he stole from him or killed somebody.. just move on
Old 06-05-2012, 12:25 AM   #139 (permalink)

Quote:
liar? a liar would have came up with a lame excuse such as "my dog ate them" refund is on the way..or just let him wait a month and pretend they got lost in the mail?no because i DO have INTEGRITY i was HONEST and am taking it head on.. SMH
Yes, a LIAR. You agreed to sell him the cards for $75 and took the money. You then didnt send him the cards for $75 correct? That makes you a no good liar. Sell yourself out for $25?? Thats pathetic. People around here for some reason continue to amaze me. Why would anyone in this thread want this liar on these boards?
Old 06-05-2012, 12:27 AM   #140 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymj View Post
Wow this thread started today and already 6 pages. Sorry had to flip to the last page but i probably got the whole story.

A deal is a deal. Its like selling a card on ebay, the buyer pays for it. And then someone else message you saying that they'll pay you more for it. So you just refund the payment and sell to the other guy. Very terrible thing to do, and no point bring it up that its "going to a collector instead of flipper" Thats just an excuse for yourself.

What if the "collector" can only offer you $60 and the op still offered you $75, i bet u would sell to the op without a blink.
And he essentially is a flipper as he flipped it on ME!

He also had no knowledge of my intentions, maybe I was starting to collect Rodman?

The fact he is still trying to defend his reasons, and say that he has integrity and honesty but this is the ONLY ONE TIME that this *WILL* happen, is scary. He has no intent on trying to make good with me.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:27 AM   #141 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Yes, a LIAR. You agreed to sell him the cards for $75 and took the money. You then didnt send him the cards for $75 correct? That makes you a no good liar. Sell yourself out for $25?? Thats pathetic. People around here for some reason continue to amaze me. Why would anyone in this thread want this liar on these boards?
ahh there you are the mob devil himself i have been expecting you,what took so long?
Old 06-05-2012, 12:31 AM   #142 (permalink)

I tried finding the quote (I can't find it in the huge thread), but what I don't get is if you (penny) are willing to put your next batch of cards up for sale at huge discounts earn back everyone's trust, why not just give paul his money instead? You're gonna lose some money by selling your cards at discounts; shouldn't you just send him his $25 instead, and take a step towards making things right? What's the difference? It just doesn't make sense. Do what you can to make it right. Selling your cards cheaper will "lose you money" anyway, so just make everything easier and lost that money to Paul instead.

Collecting the Thunder and Sacramento Kings for life.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:31 AM   #143 (permalink)

Quote:
Nobody was hurt here (besides penny's rep).... the OP didn't lose any money. What penny did was wrong and he admitted it... its not like he stole from him or killed somebody.. just move on
The OP did lose money. That much is obvious. He bought cards for $70, that were then sold for $90 (or $95, at this point I don't even remember what the exact amount was). Point being anyone can see that he stood to gain at least $20 from his purchase.

What he did amounted to stealing. Sorry if no one wants to just brush that under the rug. This thread is still going because Penny is just blowing it off and offering a mixed bag of excuses instead of making it right.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:33 AM   #144 (permalink)

Quote:
ahh there you are the mob devil himself i have been expecting you,what took so long?
Well I guess the thieves and schmucks on this forum took a few days off. Very nice of you to show up though. Feel good to rip a member off over $25? Feel good to back out of a deal and show your lying nature? I cant imagine what type of life you must lead to screw a member over $15-25. Enough is enough. Time to ban these clowns that arent trustworthy.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:33 AM   #145 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by volblorx8634 View Post
I tried finding the quote (I can't find it in the huge thread), but what I don't get is if you (penny) are willing to put your next batch of cards up for sale at huge discounts earn back everyone's trust, why not just give paul his money instead? You're gonna lose some money by selling your cards at discounts; shouldn't you just send him his $25 instead, and take a step towards making things right? What's the difference? It just doesn't make sense. Do what you can to make it right. Selling your cards cheaper will "lose you money" anyway, so just make everything easier and lost that money to Paul instead.

Because he doesn't plan on doing that. He's just trying to cool the fire and hope that he can sneak by without much tarnish on his reputation. He wants this to be dead. I'm sure he doesn't actually plan to list his cards cheap, just a lame attempt to weasel out less damaged from what he's caused here.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:34 AM   #146 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamboooler View Post
The OP did lose money. That much is obvious. He bought cards for $70, that were then sold for $90 (or $95, at this point I don't even remember what the exact amount was). Point being anyone can see that he stood to gain at least $20 from his purchase.

What he did amounted to stealing. Sorry if no one wants to just brush that under the rug. This thread is still going because Penny is just blowing it off and offering a mixed bag of excuses instead of making it right.
this is so far fetched..at this point you are now pissing in the wind,watch where you aim that
Old 06-05-2012, 12:35 AM   #147 (permalink)

OP trust me i in no way shape or form agree with how it was handled...i personally would have done things in a vastly different way. the only thing i am saying is that at the end of the day...i dont know if you wanted this thread to go this far down this path (again i tend to believe the better of people until proven wrong) but man...the snowball has gotten huge lol....i guess i just dont see the reason for the amount of anger most people here have shown when, in my experience, most things can be worked out in a calm manner. not to say what you did was wrong in any way...just i have to wonder if it could have been avoided had you BOTH not gotten SUUUUUUPER pissed at each other (warranted or not). the other members here may flame...but i am actually thankful that im not this angry about my hobby of choice...at anyone for any reason. i got back into cards as a way to have something for my unborn son....and id hate for him to have to deal with what the OP has had to go thru...at the same time, i would hope he would be able to manage the issue in a way that didnt destroy someone either....just my dos centavos. sorry guys!
Old 06-05-2012, 12:35 AM   #148 (permalink)

Quote:
this is so far fetched..at this point you are now pissing in the wind,watch where you aim that
This is EXACTLY what happened.

At this point you're not even trying anymore.

gambooler, there's no point in even stressing your point on that haha ... this guy is unreal!
Old 06-05-2012, 12:36 AM   #149 (permalink)

Quote:
Bingo you are correct , they should be punished and exiled from the community.

A sale is a Sale , Penny1 was good enough to take his ( Paul ) offer and money and got a bigger offer and reneged ,his excuse's are lame at best and anyone with half a brain can see that he wanted more money and took that route .

Like GIO said there is no Honor with a lot of people in this game and they think it is right with there warped mentality. And this goes to guy's trying to poach sales on Ebay aswell after the item was sold but this is the internet and losers will do anything to gain what they require.

Personally i have sold a card for $20 and been offered $50 but declined because the other buyer was in first bad luck to me , that's what honorable people do but in this game , but to a lot of people there is no honour it's about status and $$$ period.

Penny1 I don't know you but what you did is wrong and immoral and you where right to be called out personally people that make actions like you have do not deserve to participate amongst a community sorry to say but that is the truth .
Old 06-05-2012, 12:36 AM   #150 (permalink)

Anyone else notice the ones on here who defend this or say "let it go" are the guys with iTrader under 5? This is going to happen quite often on here with this new breed of "let it go" members.
Closed Thread