Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 01:37 AM   #151 (permalink)

I'm not sure which one is worse... Armyatc or this... I assume army made a lot more than 25 when he screwed guru. 25 bucks is just pathetic.... Tough choice.... Good poll? Perhaps.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:37 AM   #152 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamboooler View Post
The OP did lose money. That much is obvious. He bought cards for $70, that were then sold for $90 (or $95, at this point I don't even remember what the exact amount was). Point being anyone can see that he stood to gain at least $20 from his purchase.

What he did amounted to stealing. Sorry if no one wants to just brush that under the rug. This thread is still going because Penny is just blowing it off and offering a mixed bag of excuses instead of making it right.
Before Seller had $70, after the seller had $70. No he didn't gain money like you said, but he didn't lose money. Unless this happens again i think the right thing to do is accept penny's apology and move on, he has admitted to his err in judgement... I don't think he should have to pay you guys off to leave him alone.. that is a little bit ridiculous.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:37 AM   #153 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by volblorx8634 View Post
I tried finding the quote (I can't find it in the huge thread), but what I don't get is if you (penny) are willing to put your next batch of cards up for sale at huge discounts earn back everyone's trust, why not just give paul his money instead? You're gonna lose some money by selling your cards at discounts; shouldn't you just send him his $25 instead, and take a step towards making things right? What's the difference? It just doesn't make sense. Do what you can to make it right. Selling your cards cheaper will "lose you money" anyway, so just make everything easier and lost that money to Paul instead.
because paul wanted to be entertained tonight and rile up the boards..you know how this works im sure well if you have been a member on blowoutcards for a bit,the $25 isnt the issue here i will refund the rodman collector $25 rightnow.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:38 AM   #154 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWMcComas View Post
OP trust me i in no way shape or form agree with how it was handled...i personally would have done things in a vastly different way. the only thing i am saying is that at the end of the day...i dont know if you wanted this thread to go this far down this path (again i tend to believe the better of people until proven wrong) but man...the snowball has gotten huge lol....i guess i just dont see the reason for the amount of anger most people here have shown when, in my experience, most things can be worked out in a calm manner. not to say what you did was wrong in any way...just i have to wonder if it could have been avoided had you BOTH not gotten SUUUUUUPER pissed at each other (warranted or not). the other members here may flame...but i am actually thankful that im not this angry about my hobby of choice...at anyone for any reason. i got back into cards as a way to have something for my unborn son....and id hate for him to have to deal with what the OP has had to go thru...at the same time, i would hope he would be able to manage the issue in a way that didnt destroy someone either....just my dos centavos. sorry guys!

The thing is, I tried to resolve things via PM, but this guy did not want to. He wanted his $25 profit and that to be the end of things. I was not OK with that, as in my opinion, that is not a good person to have on the boards. It's someone who will do the same thing again if a similar situation presents itself to him.

The thread is self-inflicted. I merely made one post explaining the situation, and pennyfan1 continued to feed the fire with his blatant lies and lack of true remorse.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:39 AM   #155 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxBreaker72 View Post
I'm not sure which one is worse... Armyatc or this... I assume army made a lot more than 25 when he screwed guru. 25 bucks is just pathetic.... Tough choice.... Good poll? Perhaps.
yeah I think his was $300+, but at least he didn't try to defend himself from what I remember, I thought he just bailed(got banned?)
Old 06-05-2012, 01:39 AM   #156 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1fan View Post
this is so far fetched..at this point you are now pissing in the wind,watch where you aim that
It's not far fetched, again, it's law. You breached the contract, and the OP is entitled to damages. With the sale of goods, you can determine the price of goods by either the contract price or the market value price. The non-breaching party can choose either of the two at his own discretion. You sold the cards for $90. That's pretty conclusive evidence of market price. You refunded his $70. So all we have to do is subtract that $70 from the market price ($90) and we find out that you owe the OP $20.

Your opinion on the issue is irrelevant. That's how it works.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:40 AM   #157 (permalink)

MODS PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD NOW! Penny, you are a douche. Paul, you have your $ back, penny is exposed, move on. That is all that needs to be said anymore.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:40 AM   #158 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul06901 View Post
The thing is, I tried to resolve things via PM, but this guy did not want to. He wanted his $25 profit and that to be the end of things. I was not OK with that, as in my opinion, that is not a good person to have on the boards. It's someone who will do the same thing again if a similar situation presents itself to him.

The thread is self-inflicted. I merely made one post explaining the situation, and pennyfan1 continued to feed the fire with his blatant lies and lack of true remorse.
The arrogance of the seller in question makes it quite clear it will happen againt if the opportunity presents itself. A lack of integrity over $25 shows that this member is a HUGE risk. Keep in mind he already had the money, this was a DONE deal. Its time to make an example out of these arrogant liars.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:41 AM   #159 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamboooler View Post
It's not far fetched, again, it's law. You breached the contract, and the OP is entitled to damages. With the sale of goods, you can determine the price of goods by either the contract price or the market value price. The non-breaching party can choose either of the two at his own discretion. You sold the cards for $90. That's pretty conclusive evidence of market price. You refunded his $70. So all we have to do is subtract that $70 from the market price ($90) and we find out that you owe the OP $20.

Your opinion on the issue is irrelevant. That's how it works.
deframation of character is also a law read up on that one
Old 06-05-2012, 01:42 AM   #160 (permalink)

Quote:
yeah I think his was $300+, but at least he didn't try to defend himself from what I remember, I thought he just bailed(got banned?)
Is still a very active member and was never punished. That seems to have set the standard since members know there is no punishment for backing out of PAID deals.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:42 AM   #161 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbeast89 View Post
Before Seller had $70, after the seller had $70. No he didn't gain money like you said, but he didn't lose money. Unless this happens again i think the right thing to do is accept penny's apology and move on, he has admitted to his err in judgement... I don't think he should have to pay you guys off to leave him alone.. that is a little bit ridiculous.
See my post above where I laid it out. Whether or not you think it's ridiculous is irrelevant, that's the way it is. Like I said earlier... the only thing saving him from actually having to pay Paul is the fact that it's such a small amount of money.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:42 AM   #162 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devolution View Post
MODS PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD NOW! Penny, you are a douche. Paul, you have your $ back, penny is exposed, move on. That is all that needs to be said anymore.
agreed! i can accept that
Old 06-05-2012, 01:43 AM   #163 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devolution View Post
The fact that pennyfan1 continues to defend himself (as cruiserdaddy said) shows he will do this again if the opportunity presents!

Someone like this should be banned, and for some reason the mods here don't ban members for this?

With that said, the thread should stay open for discussion? It's not just name calling or trolling, it's actual arguments and debating going on.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:44 AM   #164 (permalink)

Quote:
It's defamation, and truth is a complete defense to libel.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:44 AM   #165 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Is still a very active member and was never punished. That seems to have set the standard since members know there is no punishment for backing out of PAID deals.
go buy some panini products ya big hypocrite,is all you do on these boards is moan and grown while getting into everybody elses business.Mysery loves company but go seek that somewhere else
Old 06-05-2012, 01:45 AM   #166 (permalink)

This thread should not be closed, it should stay open for further discussion.

penny1fan wants this to be brushed under the rug, yet we can see by his posts for 7 pages that he is an arrogant, immoral member to this site. If he gets banned, then I can see the thread being closed. But as long as he is a member on this site, he is a threat to do this again to someone else as demonstrated by his behavior and lack of true remorse in this situation!
Old 06-05-2012, 01:45 AM   #167 (permalink)

Quote:
Good god man, it's Defamation....not Deframation. And it's not even that...

Defamation is falseand unprivileged spoken words or written publication, which exposes any living person to hatred, contempt, ridicule, or which causes him/her to be shunned or avoided, or which has a tendency to injure him/her in his/her trade or occupation.

Nothing he has said is false. You on the other hand.....
Old 06-05-2012, 01:45 AM   #168 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
The fact that pennyfan1 continues to defend himself (as cruiserdaddy said) shows he will do this again if the opportunity presents!

Someone like this should be banned, and for some reason the mods here don't ban members for this?

With that said, the thread should stay open for discussion? It's not just name calling or trolling, it's actual arguments and debating going on.
Go Pauly D!
Old 06-05-2012, 01:45 AM   #169 (permalink)

Quote:

clearly like i said i dont think you wanted to make this thread this insane man. look...like someone said earlier...ppl saying let it go have low iTrader feedback. truth is....im new to the hobby after almost 20 years away...it was way different back then obviously. if the previous post (forget who posted it) indicates that i will have a differing opinion of ppl after XX amount of transactions i will more than gladly not participate in transactions. to me its not a big deal (the transactions NOT what happened to you) its a hobby. as far as having him on the boards...i would suppose that the negative feedbacks are aimed at that directly while this would seem to be total annihilation of a person's character (warranted or not) which is understandable but the overall reaction to the situation (to me personally) seems a bit over the top. i think if we were all in a room together someone would be getting beat up.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:46 AM   #170 (permalink)

Quote:
because paul wanted to be entertained tonight and rile up the boards..you know how this works im sure well if you have been a member on blowoutcards for a bit,the $25 isnt the issue here i will refund the rodman collector $25 rightnow.
Isn't $25 the whole source of the issue? If its not the issue, you wouldn't have sent the card to the other collector. If you're fine with refunding the Rodman collector the extra money, the money must not be that urgent.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against you. I really enjoy your mailday and following your Penny collection. I'm just against what you did. It isn't good business or respectful to him.

I don't think it had anything to do with entertaining the boards. I think it had to do with just warning everyone against such activity.

Collecting the Thunder and Sacramento Kings for life.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:46 AM   #171 (permalink)

what great fireworks

Ed Davis PC --> http://s1154.photobucket.com/albums/p525/MikeMamba/Ed%20Davis%20PC/
Old 06-05-2012, 01:47 AM   #172 (permalink)

Quote:
go buy some panini products ya big hypocrite,is all you do on these boards is moan and grown while getting into everybody elses business.Mysery loves company but go seek that somewhere else
You know what I dont do though? Rip-off other members. You know what I do? I ship people their cards when they pay without backing out like a thieving liar. Its is MY business when a member of my "community" is a crook. Honest members on this forum NEED to look out for one another when a liar such as yourself is present. You have absolutely nothing positive to add to this forum. You also continue to defend yourself and you have made it quite clear that while you knew this was wrong the money was too good not to take. That makes you a HUGE risk in my opinion.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:51 AM   #173 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by volblorx8634 View Post
Isn't $25 the whole source of the issue? If its not the issue, you wouldn't have sent the card to the other collector. If you're fine with refunding the Rodman collector the extra money, the money must not be that urgent.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against you. I really enjoy your mailday and following your Penny collection. I'm just against what you did. It isn't good business or respectful to him.

I don't think it had anything to do with entertaining the boards. I think it had to do with just warning everyone against such activity.
thank you for the kind words i am glad you like them!it was a mixture of things to why i decided to back out on this deal,the only reason why i even thought of doing it was because dealing with Pauly in the past i figured he would understand the situation and just break the deal off or maybe we could have even split the extra few bucks..whatever? but i was shocked in the manner he decided to speak to me and it was the deal breaker with me,im no punk.Nobody will ever demand me to do anything especially via the internet!I didnt make a popular decision i get that,and am sorry to whoever it offends.Rodman collector was just partially refunded $25 so i made nothing extra on my situation
Old 06-05-2012, 01:54 AM   #174 (permalink)

Quote:
thank you for the kind words i am glad you like them!it was a mixture of things to why i decided to back out on this deal,the only reason why i even thought of doing it was because dealing with Pauly in the past i figured he would understand the situation and just break the deal off or maybe we could have even split the extra few bucks..whatever? but i was shocked in the manner he decided to speak to me and it was the deal breaker with me,im no punk.Nobody will ever demand me to do anything especially via the internet!I didnt make a popular decision i get that,and am sorry to whoever it offends.Rodman collector was just partially refunded $25 so i made nothing extra on my situation
So he paid you and then when you discussed backing out of the deal you didnt like how he talked to you? That is the most backward thing I have read on here in a while. You indeed are a PUNK. You take a guys money and then back out of a deal for $25... I bet you would let someone slap you in the face with a $1 bill if you could keep it.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:55 AM   #175 (permalink)

Quote:
Rodman collector was just partially refunded $25 so i made nothing extra on my situation
That does nothing to resolve the problem. All you've done now is send that guy Paul's cards and $25. Seriously man...
Closed Thread