Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 12:55 AM   #176 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamboooler View Post
That does nothing to resolve the problem. All you've done now is send that guy Paul's cards and $25. Seriously man...
You dont actually believe he sent $25 do you?
Old 06-05-2012, 12:57 AM   #177 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
You dont actually believe he sent $25 do you?
I should've qualified that statement with, "If you actually did that..." You're right.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:01 AM   #178 (permalink)

Surprised someone hasn't mentioned the most obvious solution to this. Refund the "rodman collector" and send these dang cards to Paul for the original deal of $75

This could have honestly been prevented with a simple "sorry but the cards are sold"

Sending the $25 back to the rodman collector is just a slap in the face to Paul because it proves that you don't really REALLY need the extra $25.

Whoever had the black Friday best buy scenario pretty much hit it on the head. How did you honestly expect Paul to feel and reply? "Oh you've sold the cards that I've already paid for? Hey no hard feelings because they're going to a TRUE collector =] have a great blessed day!"

Honestly wouldn't have mattered if it was going to Dennis Rodman himself, a deal is a deal especially after he paid.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:03 AM   #179 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1fan View Post
Rodman collector was just partially refunded $25 so i made nothing extra on my situation
Yeah, that's not exactly what I was going for when I posted what I said. The point was you're willing to lose the $25, but not do the right thing. Refunding the Rodman collector was not right. And as mentioned, that's if you actually did it.

Collecting the Thunder and Sacramento Kings for life.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:04 AM   #180 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1fan View Post
Go Pauly D!
Douche much?

First you don't keep your word, and now you wanna play kid games?

Wow...... smh

It's all about the 76ers in 2015...
Old 06-05-2012, 01:04 AM   #181 (permalink)

Does anyone know who the Rodman collector is?
Old 06-05-2012, 01:05 AM   #182 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Does anyone know who the Rodman collector is?
Look at you. Just look at you! Over here encouraging the derps.

Currently hoarding mountains of cards that I should be trading.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:11 AM   #183 (permalink)

Edit: I take that back...this thread is beyond comprehension.

Last edited by WilsonValdez; 06-05-2012 at 01:25 AM.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:30 AM   #184 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemur01 View Post
Look at you. Just look at you! Over here encouraging the derps.
Im ashamed of myself... But does anyone know????
Old 06-05-2012, 01:39 AM   #185 (permalink)

-deleted-..
Old 06-05-2012, 05:29 AM   #186 (permalink)

What did armyatc do? Must have missed that....
Old 06-05-2012, 07:27 AM   #187 (permalink)
Banned

Id like to know who the rodman buyer was?

Im willing to bet any money he swooped in after the deal was done and offered a bit more because paul got a good deal. So penny turned and messed over paul.

Id really like to know who the member is. Im willing to bet the member who got the rodman also knew it was sold as well
Old 06-05-2012, 08:29 AM   #188 (permalink)

i am now late for work
Old 06-05-2012, 08:43 AM   #189 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

Went to bed at 4 pages - woke up at 8 - and Penny hasn't made one valid point yet.

If anything he showed even less ability to understand how the world works when he supposedly sent a partial refund back to the 2nd buyer - as if that does anything at all - which it obviously doesn't.

That's impressive.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:53 AM   #190 (permalink)

This post is a bit warped. We will post on the boards in the way we best see fit. This thread should NOT be deleted or else the risk of Penny screwing somebody else will greatly increase. Paul has the right to be plenty upset about what Penny did to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devolution View Post
MODS PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD NOW! Penny, you are a douche. Paul, you have your $ back, penny is exposed, move on. That is all that needs to be said anymore.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:38 AM   #191 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbeast89 View Post
its not like he stole from him or killed somebody.. just move on
That comment lacks any logic. Please take a Reasoning and Critical Thinking course.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:45 AM   #192 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamboooler View Post
That does nothing to resolve the problem. All you've done now is send that guy Paul's cards and $25. Seriously man...
I like the way you work. You are a straight-forward young attorney. Keep up the great work! (sincerity)
Old 06-05-2012, 10:02 AM   #193 (permalink)

I would like to piggyback this thread on my situation with this penny1fan. From my experience, I really don't think he is a honest person, but I wouldn't say he is a theif. But then, in this hobby, "trust" is very important as we all know.

Anyway, we both had a deal in HK about 2 months ago. He agreed to send me card with tracking. I paid with paypal. 1 week passed by, he PMed me that he changed his mind and wanted to send the cards through PWE to save money. I don't know about him or anyone, but for 2 cards that worth $100 were in PWE! And on top of it, it is wet PWE (possible due to rain). One of the card has some wet edge due to leak of the water through the PWE.

So, I PMed him back about this situation. My main concern was the PWE because we did not agree on this part. Here are some of the words that I received from Penny1fan:

"I personally know for whatever reason you dont like me because i collect Penny.I don't know if its a weird jealousy issue with you or what? but i will be sure to not comment on any of your threads attempting to be cool with a fellow Penny collector because i tried in the past and got the cold shoulder.I knew you would recieve these cards and find something to complain about simply because you are bitter towards me for whatever reason."

"im suprised the neigbor's dog didnt chew the package aswell?"

I still have not put down feedback for this deal as I am waiting for HK mod's response. But for myself, I don't think I can make another deal with this dude. It is just so much headache to deal with.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:19 AM   #194 (permalink)

There are alot of shady people in the hobby. It's all just part of being in cards. It's like jumping in a pool and expecting not to get wet. Crap like this happens to me on a daily basis and it's definitely frustrating, but you have to move past it.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:20 AM   #195 (permalink)

Wow...I don't know any of the parties involved in this fight, but it has made for some interesting reading this morning.

I don't see how any trader could possibly support the seller in this situation. There's no excuse for what he did, no matter how many different angles he tries to use to justify his actions. Awful, but entertaining.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:34 AM   #196 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

What amazes me is the hypocrisy on this site - not from this specific thread as 90% of people are intelligent enough to realize there is no excuse - but just in general...

If you compared this exact thread, to a thread using "seller X" and "buyer Y" but it was on eBay then 100% of people would agree with the buyer.

But because it's on the boards so PM's were exchanged or whatever there are some people either defending or at least sympathetic with the seller.

Hate of eBay or what - but if I posted that a seller on eBay changed his mind after I paid because he got offered more money 100% of people would want me to call him out so they could block him and that I should negative him, ding his DSR's, etc...

But because it's the boards people are saying whatever - just let it go.

But if it was eBay no one would let it go.

So odd.

Last edited by asujbl; 06-05-2012 at 10:38 AM.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:40 AM   #197 (permalink)
Banned

For those who support Penny here, I have another question..

Say someone bought a card off you for $100 and they paid up and you sent the card out. Then a few days later said "i dont want it because I found another one" for $50. Can he return the card and get his $100 back now?

I mean your support of Penny indicates that you are willing to let things like this go. I mean by your view, the buyer asking for his $100 is okay because he is not ripping the seller off, he just wants his money back and wants to send the card back because he found another one cheaper?

Can you explain why you would not support such an action?
Old 06-05-2012, 10:54 AM   #198 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post

Say someone bought a card off you for $100 and they paid up and you sent the card out. Then a few days later said "i dont want it because I found another one" for $50. Can he return the card and get his $100 back now?

I mean your support of Penny indicates that you are willing to let things like this go. I mean by your view, the buyer asking for his $100 is okay because he is not ripping the seller off, he just wants his money back and wants to send the card back because he found another one cheaper?

1) no one 'supports' him. No one in this thread said they do. But at the same time he didn't murder someone or steal their money. Its not as serious as the size of this thread and the comments warrant.

2) That is not the same situation at all. The card never left the house. And if this were ebay, he could very easily return the card if he found another one cheaper, they practically force you to have a return policy. Does that make it allowable on this place? Probably not, but its not like this place has a formal trading system in place.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:55 AM   #199 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post

OJ - I would allow the buyer to return the card, but the buyer must pay me a $60 restocking fee. I have an intricate catalog system.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:56 AM   #200 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2554 View Post
1) no one 'supports' him. No one in this thread said they do. But at the same time he didn't murder someone or steal their money. Its not as serious as the size of this thread and the comments warrant.

2) That is not the same situation at all. The card never left the house. And if this were ebay, he could very easily return the card if he found another one cheaper, they practically force you to have a return policy. Does that make it allowable on this place? Probably not, but its not like this place has a formal trading system in place.
You and kbeast skipped the same logic class.
Closed Thread