Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2012, 09:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

Exclamation penny1fan : beware if dealing with!

I was randomly browsing the boards yesterday and saw that penny1fan had a thread with some cards for sale. Two I was interested in were two Dennis Rodman Exquisite Quad Jerseys. I made him an offer for the cards, and he wrote back:

"ok deal man ill do that $75 for ya paypal is ******** when you pay i will mark them as sold!"

I said thanks!, he says: "ok thanks man these will go out monday or tuesday!"

Then today I get a PM and he says:

"hey man that other guy really wants these cards because he collects Rodman and was bummed out that i sold them.He offered me $90 for them since he is a rodman collector and has been looking for these cards for quite sometime he said.The $90 obviously is a better price for me haha.Just wanted your blessing on this?I will refund you your $75 rightnow,Let me know how you feel about it
Aaron"

I wrote back saying that we had a deal, and he should send me the cards. If the other party wants them THAT bad, they can contact me..but a deal is a deal and ours was completed.

He writes back:

"Hey paul i am not 1 to back out of deals man i think i have even sold to you in the past!But i could really use the extra money and being a player collector like myself i feel better selling them to him and he paid me $100 for them.You basically told me a deal is a deal and to have him look you up meaning you would just flip them out from under me when i could get more money and send them to a good home (Rodman collector) I hope you can forgive me and not bash me or my feedback because this is not how i typically do business as everyone knows that i am a member on all of the boards and never have has an issue.Sorry once again but $25 is a huge help considering i got ousted $500 last week.Please forgive me man - refund is being sent rightnow
Aaron"

Then we had a few more PM's back and forth, where I gave him the opportunity to make it right with me by offering something else in exchange, or KEEPING his deal with me. He refused to cooperate, and even now just threatened me saying many people know him, and to watch out if I bash his name.

So, to summarize, we had a deal, then he worked a deal with another guy which made him $25 more, so he sold to that guy and refunded my payment.

He said he will defend his name, but that's the story.

Just wanted to share this with you guys here, I would NOT recommend dealing with this guy (kid?)
Old 06-04-2012, 09:35 PM   #2 (permalink)

Childish behavior right there, complete douchebag. Thanks for the heads up! I'll never deal with the member.

EDIT: Drop a negative on him as well.

Last edited by MI Rob; 06-04-2012 at 09:38 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

You do understand that there is a member feedback forum...

Also, do you really need an icon for every thread you have?

But I do agree, that is really low.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

guilty as charged.. both members contacted me at the same time,i didnt intentially inflate prices nor start a private auction when i mentioned i sold them to the OP the Rodman collector got really bummed out and offered much more money and i really need the extra money rightnow! these cards are going to a Dennis Rodman collector aswell and not a flipper.I apologize and admit that it wasnt the most moral thing to do and have never backed out on a deal.I am not a kid and i have sold to you before sir and we never had an issue then now did we? please don't talk down to me and treat me with some respect please.I am a well known member acrossed all of the forums so those who choose to cast judgement feel free.I will be a standup guy while not making any excuses.I need the extra money and feel better about selling them to the Rodman collector and not a flipper.I myself is a player collector and know the feeling to want a card (s) really bad and not have to get inflated prices by flippers.Once again i am sorry for choosing to go this route
Old 06-04-2012, 09:43 PM   #5 (permalink)

No justifications or rationalizations, please. You backed out on a confirmed deal. It's like you stole from the OP.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:43 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1fan View Post
guilty as charged.. both members contacted me at the same time,i didnt intentially inflate prices nor start a private auction when i mentioned i sold them to the OP the Rodman collector got really bummed out and offered much more money and i really need the extra money rightnow! these cards are going to a Dennis Rodman collector aswell and not a flipper.I apologize and admit that it wasnt the most moral thing to do and have never backed out on a deal.I am not a kid and i have sold to you before sir and we never had an issue then now did we? please don't talk down to me and treat me with some respect please.I am a well known member acrossed all of the forums so those who choose to cast judgement feel free.I will be a standup guy while not making any excuses.I need the extra money and feel better about selling them to the Rodman collector and not a flipper.I myself is a player collector and know the feeling to want a card (s) really bad and not have to get inflated prices by flippers.Once again i am sorry for choosing to go this route

How can you tell me to respect you after what you did?!

Don't bring in that BS about me being a flipper so you feel better not selling to me? That is just laughable man, you deserve ZERO respect!

u_want_my_cards: Yeah I know there is, but this needs to be known to the bkb collectors. As for the thread icons, they're there to be used...and they're fun...so, why not?
Old 06-04-2012, 09:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
If you weren't known on the boards before, you will be now. That was a dirty move and I am sure if the "pc guy" offered $100 and a flipper offered $125 we know who you would sell them too. Bottom line is you got greedy.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

"Then we had a few more PM's back and forth, where I gave him the opportunity to make it right with me by offering something else in exchange, or KEEPING his deal with me. He refused to cooperate, and even now just threatened me saying many people know him, and to watch out if I bash his name."

thats false you simpley demanded me to by saying "make this right NOW!" there was no reasonable solutions from your end you just proceeded to attempt to boss me around.

"thats like stealing from the OP" ??? not quite understanding this logic
Old 06-04-2012, 09:47 PM   #9 (permalink)

I think OP took this situation out of hand..... Will leave it at that

He didn't scam you but was a low move by him. He obviously needed the $25 that bad.

Penny1fan obviously knew with his messages he would get bashed like this and didnt care, so he obviously needed the extra $25 that bad. You got your money back, he didnt scam you. Member feedback boards and neutral left on his feedback would have been the way to go.

Looking to Buy- Redskins-Raiders-Bills-Lakers-PelicansRookie Autos

Last edited by FreeFlow; 06-04-2012 at 09:53 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:49 PM   #10 (permalink)

Honestly the best thing would've been for Penny to sell the cards to the OP and then the OP could've turned around and sold him to the Rodman collector for 90-100.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:49 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:

Those were not your cards to sell Once you agreed to the deal and HE SENT YOU PAYMENT, they became Paul's cards. You, Penny are the immoral person. Paul did nothing wrong, you DID!

http://s466.photobucket.com/albums/rr27/realreodeal/
Old 06-04-2012, 09:49 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
"Then we had a few more PM's back and forth, where I gave him the opportunity to make it right with me by offering something else in exchange, or KEEPING his deal with me. He refused to cooperate, and even now just threatened me saying many people know him, and to watch out if I bash his name."

thats false you simpley demanded me to by saying "make this right NOW!" there was no reasonable solutions from your end you just proceeded to attempt to boss me around.

The reasonable solution was that you sell to me, per our confirmed deal yesterday ... that's really the only 'reasonable solution' I wanted...
Old 06-04-2012, 09:50 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:

If you agreed to a deal, then received a better offer, and sold them for more, then you had no right to sell them. They were the OP's cards. You sold his property for your own gain. It's simple.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:51 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeFlow View Post
I think OP took this situation out of hand.

So what, you didn't get them dirt cheap and make $30-$50 by flipping them, you got your refund, he didnt scam you.....
There is really no point in acknowledging your post here. You are obviously a 'flipper' hater, and this post reflects that. Or you are one of his buddies and this is a lame attempt to defend him. Read the other 10 replies that are on my side here...the RIGHT side.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:51 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I think OP took this situation way out of hand.

So what, you didn't get them dirt cheap and make $30-$50 by flipping them, cry more?

Penny1fan obviously knew with his messages he would get bashed like this and didnt care, so he obviously needed the extra $25 that bad. You got your money back, he didnt scam you. Member feedback boards and neutral left on his feedback would have been the way to go.
you seem to understand this situation the way i did.I know what i did wasnt the most moral or correct thing to do and i am not making any excuses some of you who on the other forums may have seen where i got ousted $500 just this past week may understand why i need the extra money.I don't think i mentioned it on this board though ..but like i said i am not seeking sympathy nor making excuses.What i did may offend people and start a mob mentality against me and i am sorry you guys all feel this way.Like i said i don't do business this way but chose to do so this time and if shall be damned in your eyes than so be it..i am sorry
Old 06-04-2012, 09:52 PM   #16 (permalink)

Honestly if I guy did this over $25 he probably did need it. I cant imagine it being greed of $25 knowing Paul is a respected member here. He obviously knew he was going to get bashed.

Hopefully a mod can move this to the right section and hopefully Paul you will leave proper feedback.

EDIT- I do not agree with what he did or sticking up for him. I just myself cant imagine doing that for 1 thing after a deal is made....esp with a respected member....especially for such a small amount.....especially knowing Im going to get crushed.

*Looking for Pistol Pete Maravich Autographs or other rare HOFers

Last edited by SPauthentic84; 06-04-2012 at 09:56 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:53 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul06901 View Post
There is really no point in acknowledging your post here. You are obviously a 'flipper' hater, and this post reflects that. Or you are one of his buddies and this is a lame attempt to defend him. Read the other 10 replies that are on my side here...the RIGHT side.
Cry more about it.....

I flip cards, What have you wasted with this situation, 2 hours? Could have made some decent money with that time.

Old 06-04-2012, 09:54 PM   #18 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Send a message via Yahoo to p.thomaston

Quote:
I think OP took this situation out of hand..... Will leave it at that

He didn't scam you but was a low move by him. He obviously needed the $25 that bad.
C'mon Ryan, you know what the seller did was wrong. The same thing Army did to Guru on the redemption. Fact is the card should be in the mail and instead the seller backed out of the deal. Nothing respectable about that at all. It amazes me how many people "need money so bad" these days. If you can't afford to pay your bills sell your collection and live your life. This should be an enjoyable hobby.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:55 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

for the record i am not friends with freeflow...i have seen him around this board but that is about it.Paul not everybody is gonna see it your way man,majority will and i understand that..I also understand people love to start a mob mentality on these threads.I am ready for all of this..get your pitchforks and torches everyone

"to hell with penny1fan!"
Old 06-04-2012, 09:58 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Cry more about it.....

I flip cards, What have you wasted with this situation, 2 hours? Could have made some decent money with that time.
I guess that's what both you, and pennyfan1 don't see here.

It's NOT ABOUT THE MONEY!

You are both reverting to the 'its only $25' etc etc

It's the morals ... it's bad business, poor ethics/etc.

By anyone saying 'he needed the $25 more' that is B S.

So I'll sell a card on eBay for $10, and then a guy emails me saying he'll give me $100. So it's *OK* for me to sell to the guy for $100 because *I NEED THE EXTRA $90 MORE THAN THE GUY WHO BOUGHT IT FOR $10 ORIGINALLY"

....yeah...that makes sense! Same situation here! It really boggles my mind that you can justify this at ALL. Plus, your original post was quoted, although you edited it for some reason?
Old 06-04-2012, 10:00 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.thomaston View Post
C'mon Ryan, you know what the seller did was wrong. The same thing Army did to Guru on the redemption. Fact is the card should be in the mail and instead the seller backed out of the deal. Nothing respectable about that at all. It amazes me how many people "need money so bad" these days. If you can't afford to pay your bills sell your collection and live your life. This should be an enjoyable hobby.

I even told pennyfan1 that his reputation will be tarnished like army guy or whatever his name was. I just can't believe people here are bringing up the 'value' as justification?!

If $25 means THAT much, maybe you shouldn' t be collecting cards in this hobby? Or maybe sell some of your PC if you have to? Don't make excuses to try to save face here...
Old 06-04-2012, 10:00 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
you seem to understand this situation the way i did.I know what i did wasnt the most moral or correct thing to do and i am not making any excuses some of you who on the other forums may have seen where i got ousted $500 just this past week may understand why i need the extra money.I don't think i mentioned it on this board though ..but like i said i am not seeking sympathy nor making excuses.What i did may offend people and start a mob mentality against me and i am sorry you guys all feel this way.Like i said i don't do business this way but chose to do so this time and if shall be damned in your eyes than so be it..i am sorry
This is so incoherent.

-So you don't do business this way, but this time you did.
-You aren't making excuses, but you go on to talk about how you got "ousted" (whatever that means) for $500, so you need the money.
-You aren't seeking sympathy, but again, you bring up your misfortune as a rationalization for stealing from the OP.

Your situation has no bearing on the fact that you had a deal. That extra money is the OP's, and you're going to keep it.

You deserve all the piling on you get IMO, and have shown your true colors. You are ready for the pitchforks, but the pitchforks are entirely justified. Your "side" is 100% in the wrong. It's not even debatable.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:01 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.thomaston View Post
Your absolutely right. Never said I respected penny1fan at all.

But he did know he would get bashed and lose some if not all future buyers for the extra $25. Maybe he is selling his whole collection?

He did refund him though and was ready for this, the mob mentality the OP is clearly meaning to start here is what I don't like.... If "penny" needed money this bad and was gonna ruin his name, he could have scammed OP for the $75 and got the same treatment is he is getting right now. That's not right, he didnt scam him.

I never said I agree with what "penny" did by any means, just like you said the hobby is SUPPOSED to be fun. Theads like this just bring negativity of all kinds......

Old 06-04-2012, 10:03 PM   #24 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I guess that's what both you, and pennyfan1 don't see here.

It's NOT ABOUT THE MONEY!

You are both reverting to the 'its only $25' etc etc

It's the morals ... it's bad business, poor ethics/etc.

By anyone saying 'he needed the $25 more' that is B S.

So I'll sell a card on eBay for $10, and then a guy emails me saying he'll give me $100. So it's *OK* for me to sell to the guy for $100 because *I NEED THE EXTRA $90 MORE THAN THE GUY WHO BOUGHT IT FOR $10 ORIGINALLY"

....yeah...that makes sense! Same situation here! It really boggles my mind that you can justify this at ALL. Plus, your original post was quoted, although you edited it for some reason?
trust me paul you may not do that but many in this hobby would..easier said than done.This hobby can be pretty cruel i have been ripped off several times..and no i didnt get my money back either! I have also had cards sold out from under me (Penny cards that i PC) that i was not to happy about..i can honestly see it from both sides of the spectrum here which is why i am being honest and not making excuses...I feel better getting the extra money and selling to a Rodman collector who i fealt will really enjoy these cards.Once again i am sorry to whoever frowns upon my choice of judgement on this one
Old 06-04-2012, 10:08 PM   #25 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I even told pennyfan1 that his reputation will be tarnished like army guy or whatever his name was. I just can't believe people here are bringing up the 'value' as justification?!

If $25 means THAT much, maybe you shouldn' t be collecting cards in this hobby? Or maybe sell some of your PC if you have to? Don't make excuses to try to save face here...
this speaks for itself..sometimes you just have to be understanding and count your loses which is nothing but a deal we had in place.Dealing with you in the past is why i messaged you back asking for your blessing to sell these to the rodman collector instead and refunding your money..thinking you would be cool about the situation,not only did you message me back but you tell me to put him in touch with you..i seen this as a slap to the face honestly,you basically told me you would flip them out from under me after i asked for your blessing and told you about the situation.This is the main reason why i decided it was better to just sell them to the Rodman collector.And you insist i am a "kid" ?
Closed Thread