Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2012, 07:41 PM   #51 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

How long did it take for him to ask you where the card was? There was a old member on here, Bowmanlord or something, that I had to ask 4 days after I paid him if the card was sent. He didn't send it for a few days after that.
I personally would have left you a neutral because I would have seen that I got a free card but it took more effort on my part/the buyer's part than it should have.
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:54 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
Who wants some action on the over/under on how many pages this thread goes to. Some of more opinionated members have not chimed in yet. I will start the bidding at 5 pages..................
I am very opinionated and have a very strong opinion on this....However, I am not going to share it with you all. Good day.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:36 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
I am very opinionated and have a very strong opinion on this....However, I am not going to share it with you all. Good day.
Let it out you will feel better
Old 07-03-2012, 08:38 PM   #54 (permalink)

Moderator,

I know you probably wish this site would shut down, but some of us appreciate what you guys do here.

Sincerely,
Forum
Old 07-03-2012, 09:04 PM   #55 (permalink)

You kid (cause I hope you are not an adult the way your reasoning works) are the reason Ebay Sellers can't leave negatives.

Buyer's obligation is over once they pay! Plain and simple. If they pay in a timely manner leave a positive and fullfill your end of the deal in a timely manner as well.

Your lack of communication and in-action led to your negative.

No need for a trade manager if some of you have any sort of basic organization skills what so ever. You should keep PMs in your PM inbox until the deal is over here or have them sent via e-mail. Not too hard.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:26 PM   #56 (permalink)

This is why I have always thought of you as a great Blowout Board Member. You will be absolutely fine in the future. Even in your initial disagreements you handled yourself professionally.

Good Luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromartie3145 View Post
I admit to screwing up. If I had just gotten the card out on time, none of this would have happened.

Thank you both for helping me to see that. I guess I just got caught up in my emotions when I created this thread.

This is going to sound a bit corny, but I can see some positives from receiving the neg. It has certainly humbled me as well as taught me that some mistakes can not be reconciled and furthermore, that consequences must be faced.

I will get his negative removed and just move on being all the wiser
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:27 PM   #57 (permalink)
Banned

Its funny how u left some parts out of it that would make you look bad. Of course. Your such an immature person. Maybe I wouldn't leave nev feedback if u did ur part as a member. P.S you have lied about sensitive card twice now
JOHNNY5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:29 PM   #58 (permalink)
Banned

IBL.......
migraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:39 PM   #59 (permalink)

Nobody is so busy they cant get a card shipped within 2-3 days. The OP's attitude early on in the thread spoke volumes to what he was really thinking. It was only a $4 card? If you are a member on here, I dont care if your a noob or a Vet. Whether it be a $4 card or $400 treat your customer like you would want to be treated, you will go far with that. I am upset when I dont get a Buyers cards out same or next day. Waiting weeks and refunding the money thinking that heals all with the Buyer and he/she should not leave you a Negative now is wreckless! You need to rethink your Selling strategy. This isnt only pointed at the OP but anyone doing business on the BST.

Kevin

Last edited by KevJo; 07-03-2012 at 09:42 PM.
KevJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:48 PM   #60 (permalink)

As one of the "more opinionated" members on these topics I think everyone else has done a wonderful job of pointing out the OPs faults. Ill sit this one out and wait for the next member who thinks waiting 3 weeks to ship is ok if they toss in a $2 auto or a $5 dollar bill.
cruiserdaddy7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:25 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromartie3145 View Post
He without question deserves it. What else could I have possibly done to make it right with him?

I gave him essentially a free card and money. I don't know what else I could have done.
But what did he do to deserve a neg? Nothing but negging you which your shipping could of deeserved.
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:14 AM   #62 (permalink)

Why did you leave the buyer a neg? Did he not pay? Not communicate? Not, etc.?

You left him one because he left you one. That's retaliation, you even stated it in the neg you gave him.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:08 AM   #63 (permalink)

The penalty for leaving retaliatory negatives is.... Nothing.
Its been stated here for a while by many of us that something needs to be done with the babies who cannot take their negative when it is deserved. The thought of a seller leaving a negative to someone that paid them on time is a crock. The OP is guilty of retaliatory feedback and should be given a vacation. Heck, he should be given a vacation for not being able to ship something on time the first time, or the second time. I hope that with the many members on here bugging the Mods about removing negatives it will finally lead to firm action. The Mods have better things to do than police a bunch of sissies leaving negatives when they shouldnt.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:10 AM   #64 (permalink)

If OP's negative is removed, the small amount of faith I have in this site will vanish. The feedback system is getting ridiculous around here and there are too many masked 100% iTrader members.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:54 AM   #65 (permalink)
Banned

It seems like there should be some hard and set rules if we are not going to have a trade manager.

If the card is not postmarked within 4 days of the time the buyer pays for it then he should be able to leave a neutral for slow shipping time (as long as the card arrived to him after an email, all sellers should pm the buyer and let them know when the card was mailed). In this case the seller had 197 positive feedback, so apparently he is normally good about getting things done. Should a person be neged if they are slow to ship 1 time? If the card is not postmarked within another 2 days after a reminder email then you should be able to leave a neg.

Also, can I leave a neg or neutral if it takes the buyer 10 hours to pay me? What about 15 hours, 20, 24 36?

I think a neutral should have been left, the seller made a mistake but refunded more than the original deal and also still sent the card. He could have left a neutral and told of the slow shipping time, but that the seller made up for it.
I'm sure if the selelr was aware that he was going to receive a neg, he wouldn't have bothered to refund more than the price. He could of just said "Ohh I forgot, I'm mailing it out today, I'll take my neg".

Just my take
JOHNJOHNNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:11 AM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNJOHNNY View Post
It seems like there should be some hard and set rules if we are not going to have a trade manager.

If the card is not postmarked within 4 days of the time the buyer pays for it then he should be able to leave a neutral for slow shipping time (as long as the card arrived to him after an email, all sellers should pm the buyer and let them know when the card was mailed). In this case the seller had 197 positive feedback, so apparently he is normally good about getting things done. Should a person be neged if they are slow to ship 1 time? If the card is not postmarked within another 2 days after a reminder email then you should be able to leave a neg.

Also, can I leave a neg or neutral if it takes the buyer 10 hours to pay me? What about 15 hours, 20, 24 36?

I think a neutral should have been left, the seller made a mistake but refunded more than the original deal and also still sent the card. He could have left a neutral and told of the slow shipping time, but that the seller made up for it.
I'm sure if the selelr was aware that he was going to receive a neg, he wouldn't have bothered to refund more than the price. He could of just said "Ohh I forgot, I'm mailing it out today, I'll take my neg".

Just my take
I understand this point totally. If rules are set up they need to be made by the owners of the site and the moderaters and members should not have a say in the rules. Why? Because everyones personal little quirks would be way too much for them to handle. A good transaction you would think should be easy to figure out but its not always that simple. Some sellers dont care if a buyer takes a few days to pay, as long as they pay. Other sellers want thier money now. Some people dont care if it takes 2 weeks to get thier cards as long as they get them. Others want them asap. See what I am saying. Let me ask you guys this and some replys and thoughts would be appreciated. Lets say I make a sales thread. I clearly state in the sales thread in big bold letters that payment is needed at time of purchase. Someone comes in my thread scrolls past that part without reading it. They then proceed to say I will take this, I will take that and so on. I send them my paypal. They dont pay and then log off and are not on the site for two more days. When they finally log back on two days later and send payment, I refund because I sold the cards to someone else because the first guy did not pay right away. should they be able to give me a negative for backing out of a deal? After all paypal addresses were exchanged. Again do you see what I am saying. 100 people will read this and 50 will say yes I did back out of the deal and the other 50 will say too bad for the buyer because he did not send payment when needed. The rules need to be in black and white and if you cant or openly choose not to follow them then maybe you should try and find another place to do business.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:19 AM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Let me ask you guys this and some replys and thoughts would be appreciated. Lets say I make a sales thread. I clearly state in the sales thread in big bold letters that payment is needed at time of purchase. Someone comes in my thread scrolls past that part without reading it. They then proceed to say I will take this, I will take that and so on. I send them my paypal. They dont pay and then log off and are not on the site for two more days. When they finally log back on two days later and send payment, I refund because I sold the cards to someone else because the first guy did not pay right away. should they be able to give me a negative for backing out of a deal? After all paypal addresses were exchanged.
No because the buyer didnt hold up to the deal. The seller has every right to leave negative feedback.

why bother making rules for sales if you dont enforce them?
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:20 AM   #68 (permalink)
Banned

I feel the neg was warranted. You didn't ship his card in time. You then try to pay him off so you don't receive a negative. Just my two cents.
GatorBoyInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:21 AM   #69 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeMan12406 View Post
No because the buyer didnt hold up to the deal. The seller has every right to leave negative feedback.

I agree. It's not your fault Crystal that they bypassed the rules or tried to work out a deal with you for a later payment. I think that's an appropriate negative by the seller.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:44 AM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeMan12406 View Post

But that was my point RJ. I say no as well to a negative in the situation I mentiond above but I guarantee you others will disagree. They will use the old paypal addy was given, its a deal theroy. I do agree however about enforcing rules. If they ever do decide to put some rules into place they need to give someone else a staff position that deals with these situations. It would be insanely overwhelming to expect fish and patrick to deal with these things. And thats alot of the reason I believe rules are not in place already. Every nitwit on here would be flooding them with pms saying this person did not follow this rule, this person did not follow that rule. Then of course you would surely get the group of family medical emergency, death in the family, my car broke down people who would feel that if a situation was not in thier control, i.e, a medical emergency then the rule should be waived this one time for them. Then whats to stop every person who screws up in a trade to just use the old medical emergency excuse? What next? Are they gonna ask people to send proof they were in the hospital. This is why rules are not in effect. Because you would certinly run into these situations and it would be a never ending hassle for the mods.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:49 AM   #71 (permalink)

Y'all boys wild
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:51 AM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBoyInTN View Post
I agree. It's not your fault Crystal that they bypassed the rules or tried to work out a deal with you for a later payment. I think that's an appropriate negative by the seller.
I was actually trying to see if people thought it would be ok for the buyer to leave negative feedback for the seller in this case. I have had people do this too me. Wait a day or two to pay and not tell me in advance there was gonna be a delay in payment. In the situations where it happened to me I just happened to still have the cards so I still did the deal. But what if I did not have the cards still and sold them to someone else because the original buyer did not pay right away. Should the buyer be able to leave me a neg ? I dont think they should be able to. Others will not agree.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:57 AM   #73 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I was actually trying to see if people thought it would be ok for the buyer to leave negative feedback for the seller in this case. I have had people do this too me. Wait a day or two to pay and not tell me in advance there was gonna be a delay in payment. In the situations where it happened to me I just happened to still have the cards so I still did the deal. But what if I did not have the cards still and sold them to someone else because the original buyer did not pay right away. Should the buyer be able to leave me a neg ? I dont think they should be able to. Others will not agree.
No. Not your fault that they didn't pay in required timeframes and someone was willing to. Buyer needs to be more alert of the requirements.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:25 AM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Before any deal is confirmed by me the buyer I clearly state when I will pay. To cover myself or anything unforeseen I say "Ill pay within 12 hours". Generally I pay within 2 hours once I end my day etc. If I saw a seller with a thread that says "immediate payment" I would pay immediately. The money is never an issue, its just simply I like to send all my payments at once so Im not logging in and out. With that said, if a buyer agreed to purchase from your immediate payment thread and broke the terms I dont see how they would be justified in leaving negative feedback.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:51 AM   #75 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
edit........

Last edited by JOHNJOHNNY; 07-04-2012 at 04:08 AM.
JOHNJOHNNY is offline   Reply With Quote