Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   Member Sales/Trade Feedback (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/member-sales-trade-feedback/)
-   -   Moderator Please Read... (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/member-sales-trade-feedback/327578-moderator-please-read.html)

cromartie3145 07-03-2012 04:35 PM

Moderator Please Read...

I was left an unwarrented negative feedback yesterday, and pmed both of you but have yet to hear a response.

I have all pms, receipts, paypal statements, and whatever else you may need saved and can be shown to you.

I just want this cleared up and removed because I am absolutely livid.

Thank you.

(For those reading this, here is a quick summary:

A member buys a [B]$4[/B] card on June 8th. About 2 weeks go by and I had completely forgot to ship it so I sent him [B]$5 paypal gift[/B] (MORE THAN HE HAD PAID FOR THE CARD) for the delay and said he would still get the card. So I ship it out a week or so later with my other shipments. And then out of the blue, he leave me a negative feedback.

I pmed him and asked him why he had left me a negative feedback and he only replied with profanity and insults. So I left him appropriate feedback.

So in the end, I got neged for paying him and giving him a pc card. :mad: )

Imac7065 07-03-2012 04:37 PM

You did right in trying to make right.. and I'm not excusing the buyer's response at all.. but.....

you did screw up pretty big? Then waiting another week to ship it after telling him you would? I wouldn't leave you a neg for what happened.. but as the buyer there I would be pretty upset as well.

You can't think you were innocent here can you?

just my .02

cromartie3145 07-03-2012 04:42 PM

[QUOTE=Imac7065;2917768]You did right in trying to make right.. and I'm not excusing the buyer's response at all.. but.....

you did screw up pretty big? Then waiting another week to ship it after telling him you would? I wouldn't leave you a neg for what happened.. but as the buyer there I would be pretty upset as well.

You can't think you were innocent here can you?

just my .02[/QUOTE]

I never said I was innocent. I did screw up for the delayed shipping time. I am just saying, if someone gave you a FULL REFUND and THEN some AND still promised you the card... HOW CAN THAT POSSIBLY warrent a negative feedback esspecially after I had told him it had been shipped!?

And I can understand being upset, but you do have to take into consideration that it is only a $4 card and you the member was refunded more than what he paid!

allday_vikes 07-03-2012 04:44 PM

So who's leaving who the retaliatory neg here?

Imac7065 07-03-2012 04:44 PM

[QUOTE=cromartie3145;2917799]I never said I was innocent. I did screw up for the delayed shipping time. I am just saying, if someone gave you a FULL REFUND and THEN some AND still promised you the card... HOW CAN THAT POSSIBLY warrent a negative feedback esspecially after I had told him it had been shipped!?[/QUOTE]

it's not up to you. me. or even a mod to say what is and isn't right.. that's kind of the point of feedback. We might agree it was unwarranted because you went out of your way to correct the error.. but to your customer you were wrong and he has the right to leave the feedback...

again this is just my .02... but if you want that feedback removed I personally don't see the point of feedback at all. Unless the buyer said said untrue in the response.. it's his right to say it

Imac7065 07-03-2012 04:45 PM

[QUOTE=allday_vikes;2917810]So who's leaving who the retaliatory neg here?[/QUOTE]

IMO.. the OP left retaliatory feedback

EDIT***.. I just reviewed the feedbacks... the OP is in the wrong here not the customer. If the OP story is true the customer is a Pr!ck for still being angry after getting a free card and an extra dollar.. but he is well within his right to be PO'd in that situation... the OP left them a retaliatory neg which I believe is not allowed on here as well...once again just my opinion on the matter

cromartie3145 07-03-2012 04:48 PM

[QUOTE=allday_vikes;2917810]So who's leaving who the retaliatory neg here?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Imac7065;2917817]IMO.. the OP left retaliatory feedback[/QUOTE]

He without question deserves it. What else could I have possibly done to make it right with him?

I gave him essentially a free card and money. I don't know what else I could have done.

Imac7065 07-03-2012 04:50 PM

[QUOTE=cromartie3145;2917835]He without question deserves it. What else could I have possibly done to make it right with him?

I gave him essentially a free card and money. I don't know what else I could have done.[/QUOTE]

this is why we need a trade manager on here... you could have left a feedback saying "buyer was impossible to please..." or something and that would be fine.. but you clearly state you are leaving the feedback because he left you one.

cromartie3145 07-03-2012 04:55 PM

[QUOTE=Imac7065;2917853]this is why we need a trade manager on here... you could have left a feedback saying "buyer was impossible to please..." or something and that would be fine.. but you clearly state you are leaving the feedback because he left you one.[/QUOTE]

No, that is not what I am stating. If I had competely blown him off and not responded to any of his pms, did not ship him the card, and did not try to make things right with him, then there is no quesion I was in the wrong and I have no right to leave him negative feedback.

But instead, I replied to all of his messages within hours, tried to the best of my abilities to make things right with him, and then the main reason I left the negative: He only responded with vulgar and unjustified phrases when I was trying to work things through with him.

There is NO question that his was deserved.

Imac7065 07-03-2012 04:59 PM

All I'm starting to hear in your posts is "I did nothing wrong, he did everything wrong"... which isn't right. It doesn't matter how hard you try to please someone.. if they are your customer.. then they have a right to say it... I've gotten dozens of negative feedbacks on eBay over the years for things as trivial as a sticker on the top loader the card was shipped in... how the package smelled (that one made me laugh).. and because an item wasn't delivered in 2 days, it took 4... it's just part of doing business my friend.

Btw.. is this not your feedback for the buyer?

[I][U]Member left me a negative for PAYING him and sending him a PC card. Total Jerk.
[/U][/I]

Sure sounds retaliatory to me

[QUOTE=cromartie3145;2917890]No, that is not what I am stating. If I had competely blown him off and not responded to any of his pms, did not ship him the card, and did not try to make things right with him, then there is no quesion I was in the wrong and I have no right to leave him negative feedback.

But instead, I replied to all of his messages within hours, tried to the best of my abilities to make things right with him, and then the main reason I left the negative: He only responded with vulgar and unjustified phrases when I was trying to work things through with him.

There is NO question that his was deserved.[/QUOTE]

Divino 07-03-2012 05:07 PM

[QUOTE=cromartie3145;2917835]He without question deserves it. What else could I have possibly done to make it right with him?

I gave him essentially a free card and money. I don't know what else I could have done.[/QUOTE]

You screwed up on your end of the deal by "forgetting" to ship. That warrants a negative feedback. What did the buyer do wrong in this deal? You left him a negative, because he left you one.

I think you did well on correcting [B]your mistake[/B], but feedback is to warn other potential traders about you, and forgetting to ship an item is something that people should be warned about.

allday_vikes 07-03-2012 05:07 PM

[QUOTE=cromartie3145;2917890]No, that is not what I am stating. If I had competely blown him off and not responded to any of his pms, did not ship him the card, and did not try to make things right with him, then there is no quesion I was in the wrong and I have no right to leave him negative feedback.

There is NO question that his was deserved.[/QUOTE]

You didn't ship for 2 weeks, then try to make it right and then still didn't ship for another week or so. I don't get where you didn't deserved the neg?!!

cromartie3145 07-03-2012 05:07 PM

I don't know how I am phrasing what I am saying wrong, but that is not what I am saying at all.

I have said I was in the wrong for the delay in shipping time. But what did he expect me to do? Overnight ship a $4 card? Pay him $20 for the wait for a $4 card?

I was never even going to leave him negative feedback if he had just acted like an adult and worked through this instead of being a tastless jerk.

The point is, I have all records of what happened and I would be stunned if this negative feedback remains.

[QUOTE=Imac7065;2917930]All I'm starting to hear in your posts is "I did nothing wrong, he did everything wrong"... which isn't right. It doesn't matter how hard you try to please someone.. if they are your customer.. then they have a right to say it... I've gotten dozens of negative feedbacks on eBay over the years for things as trivial as a sticker on the top loader the card was shipped in... how the package smelled (that one made me laugh).. and because an item wasn't delivered in 2 days, it took 4... it's just part of doing business my friend.

Btw.. is this not your feedback for the buyer?

[I][U]Member left me a negative for PAYING him and sending him a PC card. Total Jerk.
[/U][/I]

Sure sounds retaliatory to me[/QUOTE]

Divino 07-03-2012 05:09 PM

[QUOTE=cromartie3145;2917998]I don't know how I am phrasing what I am saying wrong, but that is not what I am saying at all.

I have said I was in the wrong for the delay in shipping time. But what did he expect me to do? Overnight ship a $4 card? Pay him $20 for the wait for a $4 card?

[B]I was never even going to leave him negative feedback if he had just acted like an adult and worked through this instead of being a tastless jerk. [/B]

The point is, I have all records of what happened and I would be stunned if this negative feedback remains.[/QUOTE]

What reason would you have had for leaving the buyer a negative feedback? You screwed up, not the buyer.

Imac7065 07-03-2012 05:12 PM

actually.. if the mods remove your feedback then they should remove the feedback system all together...

What you aren't understanding is what's in your own response.... [B][I][U]I have said I was in the wrong for the delay in shipping time.[/U][/I][/B]. If you believe a person does not have a right to complain about this.. I cannot help you. You were in the wrong, tried to make it right.. but the customer had a right to call you on it.

As I said I personally would not leave a negative to a person who went out of their way to make a wrong right... but that person felt differently.. and had a right to do so.

[QUOTE=cromartie3145;2917998]I don't know how I am phrasing what I am saying wrong, but that is not what I am saying at all.

I was never even going to leave him negative feedback if he had just acted like an adult and worked through this instead of being a tastless jerk.

The point is, I have all records of what happened and I would be stunned if this negative feedback remains.[/QUOTE]

SacGWYNN19 07-03-2012 05:13 PM

Negative feedback was warranted, no questions asked. /Thread

edit: And you should be banned for the retalitory feedback, absolutely no place for this.

Imac7065 07-03-2012 05:13 PM

[QUOTE=Divino;2918010]What reason would you have had for leaving the buyer a negative feedback? You screwed up, not the buyer.[/QUOTE]

What that guy doesn't realize is he just admitted to retaliatory feedback and could be banned from the site now... *sigh*

cromartie3145 07-03-2012 05:15 PM

[QUOTE=Divino;2917992]You screwed up on your end of the deal by "forgetting" to ship. That warrants a negative feedback. What did the buyer do wrong in this deal? You left him a negative, because he left you one.

I think you did well on correcting [B]your mistake[/B], but feedback is to warn other potential traders about you, and forgetting to ship an item is something that people should be warned about.[/QUOTE]

Come on now!

It was a [B]$4[/B] CARD! IMO, a negative is meant to warn people about a certain aspect that a member does poorly.

I have NEVER delayed shipping a card above $10. I just forgot about this one because we agreed to a pwe sale and he paid as gift so I did not see it when I was printing the other labels.

My reputation is something I take extremely seriously. If this member had COME TO ME before leaving a negative feedback and said that he still was not satisfied, I would have done WHATEVER it took to make sure that he was.

If it meant paying him $15 and giving him the card, so be it.
If it meant sending him an extra card(s), so be it.
If it meant doing a combination of both, I would do it because I care.

Imac7065 07-03-2012 05:16 PM

In your opinion... thankfully we all don't have to go by your opinion. Seems in your opinion a seller can not ship an item as long as they wish and still not be in fault for doing so.

[QUOTE=cromartie3145;2918065]Come on now!

It was a [B]$4[/B] CARD! IMO, a negative is meant to warn people about a certain aspect that a member does poorly.

I have NEVER delayed shipping a card above $10. I just forgot about this one because we agreed to a pwe sale and he paid as gift so I did not see it when I was printing the other labels.

My reputation is something I take extremely seriously. If this member had COME TO ME before leaving a negative feedback and said that he still was not satisfied, I would have done WHATEVER it took to make sure that he was.

If it meant doing a combination of both, I would do it because I care.[/QUOTE]

cromartie3145 07-03-2012 05:16 PM

[QUOTE=SacGWYNN19;2918042]Negative feedback was warranted, no questions asked. /Thread

edit: And you should be banned for the retalitory feedback, absolutely no place for this.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Imac7065;2918049]What that guy doesn't realize is he just admitted to retaliatory feedback and could be banned from the site now... *sigh*[/QUOTE]

Guys, look. I would do whatever it takes to make it right with a buyer.

In my eyes, he honestly deserved the feedback. It was NOT retalitory.

Divino 07-03-2012 05:17 PM

[QUOTE=cromartie3145;2918065]Come on now!

[B]My reputation is something I take extremely seriously.[/B] If this member had COME TO ME before leaving a negative feedback and said that he still was not satisfied, I would have done WHATEVER it took to make sure that he was.

If it meant doing a combination of both, I would do it because I care.[/QUOTE]

Wow, there is so much wrong with this post, I don't even know where to begin.....

I'll just leave it at this:

The size of the deal should make absolutely no difference in how you ship, when you ship, or how you handle yourself.

Imac7065 07-03-2012 05:18 PM

[QUOTE=cromartie3145;2918077]Guys, look. I would do whatever it takes to make it right with a buyer.

In my eyes, he honestly deserved the feedback. It was NOT retalitory.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad you feel that way.. but in this case you screwed the pooch man.. take it as a lesson.. you have over 150 transactions on here.. 1 blemish isn't going to ruin you. I'm sure the mods will give you a slap on the wrist for the feedback you left and remove it... move on after that

cromartie3145 07-03-2012 05:18 PM

[QUOTE=Imac7065;2918073]In your opinion... thankfully we all don't have to go by your opinion. Seems in your opinion a seller can not ship an item as long as they wish and still not be in fault for doing so.[/QUOTE]

I MESSED UP!!! I understand that!

If you guys honestly believe that I did not have the right to leave him negative feedback, then I will contact a MOD myself and admit I was wrong.

But in my eyes, I upheld the deal and did what was right.

Divino 07-03-2012 05:19 PM

[QUOTE=cromartie3145;2918091]I MESSED UP!!! I understand that!

If you guys honestly believe that I did not have the right to leave him negative feedback, then I will contact a MOD myself and admit I was wrong.

But in my eyes, I upheld the deal and did what was right.[/QUOTE]

what was the reason you left the negative feedback for the buyer?

Imac7065 07-03-2012 05:20 PM

[QUOTE=cromartie3145;2918091]I MESSED UP!!! I understand that!

But in my eyes, I upheld the deal and did what was right.[/QUOTE]

I think the point of feedback is starting to seep into you.. you won't make that mistake again will you?