Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2012, 04:19 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Advice...seller wont respond to PMs after Payment

So i worked out a deal with a member on a high-end lot(over $450) Tuesday heres how it went down...

On Monday, while tweaking the deal i asked if he would be shipping next day. He told me he was away from home, and wouldnt be back until thursday to ship them out(something i thought he should have told me in the begining, but whatever)...it took a week to work out the kinks and agree on a price(started negotiating last week).. so i sent an extra 5 for priority flat rate box and another dollar for tracking...

When he sent me his paypal for me to pay he wrote 'I have to dig out the cards'. That phrase had me worried so i asked what do you mean by 'dig out the cards? I pictured him not knowing where they were, and if 1 of the highend cards wasnt there, then the deal would not have been as sweet as it was.

He wrote back i have them in 5-7 shoe boxes, if the deals not going through then hes not going through the boxes.
I was satisfied with the shoe box answer, because it told me he knew where they were and i understood what he meant by digging them up, so i sent the money wednesday the 11th...since then ive wrote to him several times with no responses.
He hasnt told me they were shipped, even though i gave him that extra money for priority.

What should i do? I plan on filing a claim Monday if i dont get a response. Is that what you would do?

Any help/advice you give me would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Carmine; 07-20-2012 at 10:25 AM.
Carmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:00 PM   #2 (permalink)

Have they been online since you started messaging? If so, send another with clear deadlines for receiving shipping info and if not received by your deadline then proceed with a claim.

Also make sure you have the specific list of cards in your communications with the member in case of missing cards.
uberfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:05 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmine View Post
So i worked out a deal with a member on a high-end lot(over $450) Tuesday heres how it went down...

On Monday, while tweaking the deal i asked if he would be shipping next day. He told me he was away from home, and wouldnt be back until thursday to ship them out(something i thought he should have told me in the begining, but whatever)...it took a week to work out the kinks and agree on a price(started negotiating last week).. so i sent an extra 5 for priority flat rate box and another dollar for tracking...

When he sent me his paypal for me to pay he wrote 'I have to dig out the cards'. That phrase had me worried so i asked what do you mean by 'dig out the cards? I pictured him not knowing where they were, and if 1 of the highend cards wasnt there, then the deal would not have been as sweet as it was.

He wrote back i have them in 5-7 shoe boxes, if the deals not going through then hes not going through the boxes.
I was satisfied with the shoe box answer, because it told me he knew where they were and i understood what he meant by digging them up, so i sent the money wednesday the 11th...since then ive wrote to him several times with no responses.
He hasnt told me they were shipped, even though i gave him that extra money for priority.

What should i do? I plan on filing a claim Monday if i dont get a response. Is that what you would do?

This is a famous blowout move. I am surprised it took long to happen to you. People are your best friend when you are about to pay for something. Then the second you pay. BOOM..................NO RESPOND MODE KICKS INTO OVERDRIVE. If it makes you feel any better I send free cards to people all the time. 90% of the time I dont even get a thank you.
Old 07-14-2012, 05:23 PM   #4 (permalink)

I have dealt with people who have taken 3 weeks to deliver cards, but atleast the seller kept in contact with me.
Old 07-14-2012, 06:24 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
This is a famous blowout move. I am surprised it took long to happen to you. People are your best friend when you are about to pay for something. Then the second you pay. BOOM..................NO RESPOND MODE KICKS INTO OVERDRIVE. If it makes you feel any better I send free cards to people all the time. 90% of the time I dont even get a thank you.
Sometimes folks don't understand how much weight the words thank and you have when used in conjunction with one another. Some people didn't have parents who taught them common manners.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 06:43 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
Sometimes folks don't understand how much weight the words thank and you have when used in conjunction with one another. Some people didn't have parents who taught them common manners.
yessir. I treat all members with respect, its always Hey sir, or excuse me sir and always thanks...and i always get back to people if i dont want to purchase a offer. its flat out rude to not have the common curtosy to let someone who offered you something. to not let them know you will have to pass
Old 07-14-2012, 07:25 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:

I was satisfied with the shoe box answer, because it told me he knew where they were and i understood what he meant by digging them up, so i sent the money wednesday the 10th...since then ive wrote to him several times with no responses.

Has this person been online yet?
purejd86p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:50 PM   #8 (permalink)

sorry to hear this happened, if he doesnt respond by monday I would definately go after him, that is to much money to have to play around with someone. good luck buddy
mrtysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:28 AM   #9 (permalink)

I did get in touch with him, i did filed a claim against him...he was mad about the claim filed, if i took it away he will mail tomorrow, so i took away the claim.

Last edited by Carmine; 07-20-2012 at 10:26 AM.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:34 AM   #10 (permalink)

So you closed the claim and NOW you cannot open another one. I would have told him to go to hell Ill close the claim ONCE you ship. People on here get worse and worse. There is no punishment for being a pathetic seller and MANY negatives are turned into neutrals. How freakin hard is it to answer PMs and ship something out? Its always so funny how FAST they are to answer when they want your money. I hope you get your stuff because now you no longer can file a non receipt claim.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:37 AM   #11 (permalink)

cruiser i didnt know you can only open the complaint once...hope he ships...i have faith in people...maybe too much
Old 07-16-2012, 01:18 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
I did get in touch with him, i did filed a claim against him...he was mad about the claim filed, if i took it away he will mail tomorrow, so i took away the claim.
Please tell me you are kidding.....

Who is this clown?
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:04 AM   #13 (permalink)

This dude just took you of $450 and you cancelled the only chance you had to get our money back ?!?! Oh buuuuuuddddddyyyyyyyyy

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
DanShakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:04 AM   #14 (permalink)

Who is this person?

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:12 AM   #15 (permalink)

please post this person's ID so other members can be aware.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:19 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
cruiser i didnt know you can only open the complaint once...hope he ships...i have faith in people...maybe too much
You seem like a genuinely nice individual. Far too nice and trusting to deal with some of the sellers on here. You should do your fellow members a favor as others have asked and post his user id. Other need to be made aware of his actions. He could have refunded you and instead coerced you into closing the opportunity to get your money back.

If you paid with a credit card you can contact your card issuer and file a charge back. Paypal will no longer help you unfortunately and it appears this creep of a seller knew this. I wish you the best of luck. Judging from your feedback a shady seller has ripped off a very good buyer.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:28 AM   #17 (permalink)

The other thing I would do tomorrow ASAP is call PAyPal, calmly explain the situation, and see what they can do to get the case re-opened. Just say you inadvertantly closed it and did not intend to do so. Can't hurt to try.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:30 AM   #18 (permalink)

update all...since i closed the dispute the guy has not been online and doesnt respond to personal disputes.

the GOOD NEWS...I explained to paypal in detail what was going on, and as a one time curtosy, i have the dispute REOPENED
Old 07-20-2012, 10:37 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
update all...since i closed the dispute the guy has not been online and doesnt respond to personal disputes.

the GOOD NEWS...I explained to paypal in detail what was going on, and as a one time curtosy, i have the dispute REOPENED
excellent news - good luck.

Also if you haven't already, please post the user's ID so others can watch out for him.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:58 AM   #20 (permalink)

gets at me in pms, telling me im getting deals b/c off season prices....

does anyone come on here and say i'll pay $50 for a card thats going for $35 because i know it will go up during season

Last edited by Carmine; 07-30-2012 at 09:24 AM.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:54 PM   #21 (permalink)

Edit, nevermind, I overlooked the name on the memberlist
Old 07-20-2012, 01:25 PM   #22 (permalink)

I suggest leaving a negative now.
"Blowoutcards is a messageboard filled with experts on Ping pong. These highly trained experts told us they spoke to the President of the United States Mr. Haiku and he claims the card is fake since he faked it himself. Our 2 sources (easter bunny and a unicorn with 2 legs) explained this hobby is filled with crooks." -Unknown
xbignick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:30 PM   #23 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

If all this is true, why is there no negative? I am not doubting you, but like nick says, the only way you are helping this community is by leaving appropriate feedback.

You should also be forwarding all this information to the mods so that they can suspend or ban this individual.

Glad you got the case re-opened! Thanks

EDIT: http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/i...back.php?u=977

Last edited by houdini; 07-20-2012 at 02:33 PM.
houdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:33 PM   #24 (permalink)

Yes leave him feedback to warn others please!

Old 07-20-2012, 03:40 PM   #25 (permalink)

When are you going to leave a negative for him?
purejd86p is offline   Reply With Quote