Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2012, 04:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 552
Default Advice...seller wont respond to PMs after Payment

So i worked out a deal with a member on a high-end lot(over $450) Tuesday heres how it went down...


On Monday, while tweaking the deal i asked if he would be shipping next day. He told me he was away from home, and wouldnt be back until thursday to ship them out(something i thought he should have told me in the begining, but whatever)...it took a week to work out the kinks and agree on a price(started negotiating last week).. so i sent an extra 5 for priority flat rate box and another dollar for tracking...

When he sent me his paypal for me to pay he wrote 'I have to dig out the cards'. That phrase had me worried so i asked what do you mean by 'dig out the cards? I pictured him not knowing where they were, and if 1 of the highend cards wasnt there, then the deal would not have been as sweet as it was.

He wrote back i have them in 5-7 shoe boxes, if the deals not going through then hes not going through the boxes.
I was satisfied with the shoe box answer, because it told me he knew where they were and i understood what he meant by digging them up, so i sent the money wednesday the 11th...since then ive wrote to him several times with no responses.
He hasnt told me they were shipped, even though i gave him that extra money for priority.

What should i do? I plan on filing a claim Monday if i dont get a response. Is that what you would do?

Any help/advice you give me would be greatly appreciated.
__________________
2012 Limited Phenom autos complete...waiting 4 redemptions

Last edited by Carmine; 07-20-2012 at 10:25 AM.
Carmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,520
Default

Have they been online since you started messaging? If so, send another with clear deadlines for receiving shipping info and if not received by your deadline then proceed with a claim.

Also make sure you have the specific list of cards in your communications with the member in case of missing cards.
uberfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
cking's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: In my house
Posts: 9,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmine View Post
So i worked out a deal with a member on a high-end lot(over $450) Tuesday heres how it went down...


On Monday, while tweaking the deal i asked if he would be shipping next day. He told me he was away from home, and wouldnt be back until thursday to ship them out(something i thought he should have told me in the begining, but whatever)...it took a week to work out the kinks and agree on a price(started negotiating last week).. so i sent an extra 5 for priority flat rate box and another dollar for tracking...

When he sent me his paypal for me to pay he wrote 'I have to dig out the cards'. That phrase had me worried so i asked what do you mean by 'dig out the cards? I pictured him not knowing where they were, and if 1 of the highend cards wasnt there, then the deal would not have been as sweet as it was.

He wrote back i have them in 5-7 shoe boxes, if the deals not going through then hes not going through the boxes.
I was satisfied with the shoe box answer, because it told me he knew where they were and i understood what he meant by digging them up, so i sent the money wednesday the 11th...since then ive wrote to him several times with no responses.
He hasnt told me they were shipped, even though i gave him that extra money for priority.

What should i do? I plan on filing a claim Monday if i dont get a response. Is that what you would do?

Any help/advice you give me would be greatly appreciated.
This is a famous blowout move. I am surprised it took long to happen to you. People are your best friend when you are about to pay for something. Then the second you pay. BOOM..................NO RESPOND MODE KICKS INTO OVERDRIVE. If it makes you feel any better I send free cards to people all the time. 90% of the time I dont even get a thank you.
__________________
Always looking for Gridiron Kings cards. Framed,Autos,Jerseys and Patches.
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 552
Default

I have dealt with people who have taken 3 weeks to deliver cards, but atleast the seller kept in contact with me.
__________________
2012 Limited Phenom autos complete...waiting 4 redemptions
Carmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 06:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
ilovethelakings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Mexico
Posts: 14,723
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
This is a famous blowout move. I am surprised it took long to happen to you. People are your best friend when you are about to pay for something. Then the second you pay. BOOM..................NO RESPOND MODE KICKS INTO OVERDRIVE. If it makes you feel any better I send free cards to people all the time. 90% of the time I dont even get a thank you.
Sometimes folks don't understand how much weight the words thank and you have when used in conjunction with one another. Some people didn't have parents who taught them common manners.
__________________
Looking for A&G sized minis and Topps Olympic relics, pins, etc. for my daughter and refractors for my son
Personal GU's Favs: Kings, Angels, Broncos, Packers, Steelers, international teams
Don't drink and break. It's the law.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 06:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 552
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
Sometimes folks don't understand how much weight the words thank and you have when used in conjunction with one another. Some people didn't have parents who taught them common manners.
yessir. I treat all members with respect, its always Hey sir, or excuse me sir and always thanks...and i always get back to people if i dont want to purchase a offer. its flat out rude to not have the common curtosy to let someone who offered you something. to not let them know you will have to pass
__________________
2012 Limited Phenom autos complete...waiting 4 redemptions
Carmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 07:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Rocklin, Ca
Posts: 2,186
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmine View Post
So i worked out a deal with a member on a high-end lot(over $450) Tuesday heres how it went down...


On Monday, while tweaking the deal i asked if he would be shipping next day. He told me he was away from home, and wouldnt be back until thursday to ship them out(something i thought he should have told me in the begining, but whatever)...it took a week to work out the kinks and agree on a price(started negotiating last week).. so i sent an extra 5 for priority flat rate box and another dollar for tracking...

When he sent me his paypal for me to pay he wrote 'I have to dig out the cards'. That phrase had me worried so i asked what do you mean by 'dig out the cards? I pictured him not knowing where they were, and if 1 of the highend cards wasnt there, then the deal would not have been as sweet as it was.

He wrote back i have them in 5-7 shoe boxes, if the deals not going through then hes not going through the boxes.
I was satisfied with the shoe box answer, because it told me he knew where they were and i understood what he meant by digging them up, so i sent the money wednesday the 10th...since then ive wrote to him several times with no responses.
He hasnt told me they were shipped, even though i gave him that extra money for priority.

What should i do? I plan on filing a claim Monday if i dont get a response. Is that what you would do?

Any help/advice you give me would be greatly appreciated.
Has this person been online yet?
purejd86p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bucks County, PA
Posts: 283
Default

sorry to hear this happened, if he doesnt respond by monday I would definately go after him, that is to much money to have to play around with someone. good luck buddy
mrtysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:28 AM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 552
Default

I did get in touch with him, i did filed a claim against him...he was mad about the claim filed, if i took it away he will mail tomorrow, so i took away the claim.
__________________
2012 Limited Phenom autos complete...waiting 4 redemptions

Last edited by Carmine; 07-20-2012 at 10:26 AM.
Carmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:34 AM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
cruiserdaddy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,686
Default

So you closed the claim and NOW you cannot open another one. I would have told him to go to hell Ill close the claim ONCE you ship. People on here get worse and worse. There is no punishment for being a pathetic seller and MANY negatives are turned into neutrals. How freakin hard is it to answer PMs and ship something out? Its always so funny how FAST they are to answer when they want your money. I hope you get your stuff because now you no longer can file a non receipt claim.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:37 AM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 552
Default

cruiser i didnt know you can only open the complaint once...hope he ships...i have faith in people...maybe too much
__________________
2012 Limited Phenom autos complete...waiting 4 redemptions
Carmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:18 AM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
FreeMan12406's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Heart of Texas
Posts: 13,409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmine View Post
I did get in touch with him, i did filed a claim against him...he was mad about the claim filed, if i took it away he will mail tomorrow, so i took away the claim.
Please tell me you are kidding.....

Who is this clown?
__________________
Bury me alive, bury me with pride
Bury me with berries, that forbidden fruit and cherry wine
Thank you berry much, but tonight's my night and I'm Barry Bonds
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:04 AM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
DanShakespeare's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 6,136
Default

This dude just took you of $450 and you cancelled the only chance you had to get our money back ?!?! Oh buuuuuuddddddyyyyyyyyy
__________________
#TeamConnor!

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
DanShakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:04 AM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
DanShakespeare's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 6,136
Default

Who is this person?
__________________
#TeamConnor!

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
DanShakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:12 AM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,520
Default

please post this person's ID so other members can be aware.
uberfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:19 AM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
cruiserdaddy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,686
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmine View Post
cruiser i didnt know you can only open the complaint once...hope he ships...i have faith in people...maybe too much
You seem like a genuinely nice individual. Far too nice and trusting to deal with some of the sellers on here. You should do your fellow members a favor as others have asked and post his user id. Other need to be made aware of his actions. He could have refunded you and instead coerced you into closing the opportunity to get your money back.

If you paid with a credit card you can contact your card issuer and file a charge back. Paypal will no longer help you unfortunately and it appears this creep of a seller knew this. I wish you the best of luck. Judging from your feedback a shady seller has ripped off a very good buyer.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:28 AM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,520
Default

The other thing I would do tomorrow ASAP is call PAyPal, calmly explain the situation, and see what they can do to get the case re-opened. Just say you inadvertantly closed it and did not intend to do so. Can't hurt to try.
uberfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:30 AM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 552
Default

update all...since i closed the dispute the guy has not been online and doesnt respond to personal disputes.

the GOOD NEWS...I explained to paypal in detail what was going on, and as a one time curtosy, i have the dispute REOPENED
__________________
2012 Limited Phenom autos complete...waiting 4 redemptions
Carmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:37 AM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,520
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmine View Post
update all...since i closed the dispute the guy has not been online and doesnt respond to personal disputes.

the GOOD NEWS...I explained to paypal in detail what was going on, and as a one time curtosy, i have the dispute REOPENED
excellent news - good luck.

Also if you haven't already, please post the user's ID so others can watch out for him.
uberfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:58 AM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 552
Default

gets at me in pms, telling me im getting deals b/c off season prices....

does anyone come on here and say i'll pay $50 for a card thats going for $35 because i know it will go up during season
__________________
2012 Limited Phenom autos complete...waiting 4 redemptions

Last edited by Carmine; 07-30-2012 at 09:24 AM.
Carmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:54 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
possom813's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Corsicana Tx
Posts: 1,308
Default

Edit, nevermind, I overlooked the name on the memberlist
__________________
Looking for Mitch Moreland & Craig Gentry RC's, #'d, & autos
possom813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:25 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
xbignick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 12,422
Default

I suggest leaving a negative now.
__________________
@xxbignick on twitter!
"Blowoutcards is a messageboard filled with experts on Ping pong. These highly trained experts told us they spoke to the President of the United States Mr. Haiku and he claims the card is fake since he faked it himself. Our 2 sources (easter bunny and a unicorn with 2 legs) explained this hobby is filled with crooks." -Unknown
xbignick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:30 PM   #23 (permalink)
BlowoutTV
 
houdini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: East Coast
Posts: 19,145
Default

If all this is true, why is there no negative? I am not doubting you, but like nick says, the only way you are helping this community is by leaving appropriate feedback.

You should also be forwarding all this information to the mods so that they can suspend or ban this individual.

Glad you got the case re-opened! Thanks

EDIT: http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/i...back.php?u=977
__________________
Ustream Link
Breakers.TV Link

Last edited by houdini; 07-20-2012 at 02:33 PM.
houdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:33 PM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
DanShakespeare's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 6,136
Default

Yes leave him feedback to warn others please!
__________________
#TeamConnor!

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
DanShakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:40 PM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Rocklin, Ca
Posts: 2,186
Default

When are you going to leave a negative for him?
purejd86p is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.