Blowout Cards Forums
Retail Rummage

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2012, 10:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default maxe0213 waste of time

I realize I am just as new of a member as this guy I am posting about. I'm just sending a warning to all you fellow members out there to avoid this guy. He is a straight waste of time. Sent multiple PM's back and forth with the guy over the course of a few hours. I sent him a list he chose a few cards, Decided to change it up to a different few cards, Then decided to do the same thing again and change the deal around. "then i get the famous I'll get back to you". I messaged him back stating that if he didn't want to do the deal, he should just pass and not lead people on. He followed that up by nasty messages back. September can't get here soon enough lol.

I just don't understand why people just can't be straight up about this. He had no intention getting back to me, why can't you just say "I'll Pass" its seems that's a hard thing to say around here. I've been doing this almost 20 years, and have never met a punk kid more disrespectful than him.

I'm just trying to help fellow members avoid wasting their time with an inexperienced young punk.
Jrb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:31 AM   #2 (permalink)

Welcome to the boards better put ur big boy pants on theres alot of them on here
Old 07-16-2012, 11:41 AM   #3 (permalink)

Lots of these types of people on this board, welcome.
DoubleD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

No dog in this fight, but I would like to know both sides - seems like there was never a deal firmly in place and the buyer was just uncertain of which cards he wanted. Why go after him for taking some time to make a decision? I could be wrong but the way I read the OP, it seems to me like the messages were a quick overreaction to an assumption that the buyer was jerking the seller around, when that may not have been the case.
uberfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

uber- No deal was confirmed however when the line "ill get back to you" is sent, It means they have no intention of getting back to you. He still wasted my time and it should be known to other members. A member should not be afraid to pass on a deal.

If I am not interested in a deal, I am gonna tell you that I will pass. It is proper ethics.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:16 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrb1 View Post
uber- No deal was confirmed however when the line "ill get back to you" is sent, It means they have no intention of getting back to you. He still wasted my time and it should be known to other members. A member should not be afraid to pass on a deal.

If I am not interested in a deal, I am gonna tell you that I will pass. It is proper ethics.
Maybe improper dealing practices, but no need to create a thread for it. You guys didn't come to a deal, and he gave no promise on even completing a deal. I must have one person a day tell me they will think about a deal and never hear back from them. Its identical to someone offering on one of your items on eBay, you counter their offer, and they never respond.

Move on from it, its more common than you think, I could make threads here all day about people that never get back to me.
Ajax1723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:32 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:

or maybe he needed to sell some cards first to get the funds? Idk, I guess I don't see the problem with someone saying they need a little time to think a purchase over - especially when it seems in this case it was you that made an assumption about the buyer without giving them the benefit of the doubt. Definitely doesn't require a callout thread imo.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

When I had questioned the potential buyer, he immediately became defensive and was very rude and rash. Have the PM's to prove it.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:55 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:

Don't know either side, so I don't really care, but.....Ummm...no, when some people say I'll get back to you, they mean, I'll get back to you...what phrase would you like them to use instead...

1) I'll go check some bv's and get back to you...oops, still used those last 4 words

2) I gotta see if my friends wants those cards I'me trying to trade for and flip and then I'll pm you later...oh, wait, that kinda sounds the same...

3) I gotta head out right now, but I'll talk to you later when I'm back on...oh, snap, there goes that **to you later** again...

I just wanna know what term to use to mean I'll get back to you later, if I'll get back to you later means I have no intention of getting a deal done
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:33 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
When I had questioned the potential buyer, he immediately became defensive and was very rude and rash. Have the PM's to prove it.
questioned him about what though? If your first PM after the "I'll get back to you" was accusing him of stringing you along, honestly yeah I can see him getting a little peeved. What if he really did need a little time?

If you decide to post PM's here - post yours as well as his. Tell both sides and let the facts speak for themselves. I'm not jumping to any conclusions but the impression this thread gives is that the buyer was unjustifibly rude, where that may not have been the case.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:41 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Just to prepare you for the future if you plan on staying on this forum I will share this info with you. You better get used to it and learn how to use your ignore feature. For every 1 good trader/seller on her there is 100 idiots. Deal with proven people and you will be fine.