Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2012, 11:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Be Cautious with this Seller

I gotta vent on this one a bit. I'm usually pretty easy-going and just wanted to inform the seller with a couple items he may want to improve on, such as asking for additional money than original asking prices to cover shipping (and then some), packaging lots of cards in flat-rate boxes RAW and overvaluing the cards in a lot. Instead of acknowledging and using the feedback constructively, I'm hit it defensiveness and negativity. I very rarely make a fuss, but when I pay EXTRA to have something shipped safely, I hope it is at the very least packaged correctly.

Original Sale Thread: Sending in 75 #'ed, auto, and jersey cards to COMC. Checking here first

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxe0213 View Post
***NOT 75 CARDS ANYMORE. SENDING IN 150-200. SAME PRICE!!!!!!!!!!

I am sending in a bunch of cards to COMC but I just wanted to see if you guys were interested in them first. I AM NOT GOING TO GO THROUGH AND TELL YOU EVERY CARD IN THE LOT. There are 150-200 cards including about 10 autos/relics and almost all the other cards are serial numbered. I am looking for 40$ shipped which is a hell of a deal. If you piece it out you will make at least double and probably closer to triple your money. Let me know if you are interested as I would like to ship tomorrow. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie84
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxe0213
The autos and relics are most of the ones in my bucket with the exception of the two bichettes that already sold and one or two others. There is about 20 or so of my nicer rookie/insert/parallel cards and the rest are numbered. I know the lowest is out of /99 and 80% of them are the ones that are gold bordered or blue bordered from update, series 1, series 2 etc. numbered out of the year.

LMK with other questions.
Thanks for sharing. I don't see the immediate doubling or tripling of money on this, at least not without stuff sitting for a bit. I'm going to have to pass on the lot, but I greatly appreciate the reply. I'm sitting at around 800 cards to send into COMC, so I figured I'd try to get to 1000 and fill a couple batches, which is why I was checking. Thanks anyways. -Chad
Quote:
Quote:
Would you be interested if I added to it so that you would receive 200 cards for 40$ shipped?
More to cull through? Why not . I'll buy your last two COMC cards in your port to boot .

Shoot my your PP addy and I'll send over payment later tonight.

Thanks!
-Chad
Quote:
Quote:
Okay. Let me confirm what you are purchasing. 200 cards for the 40$ shipped?

paypal is mekren@willamette.edu
If that includes most of the original lot, plus 120 fillers, then yes!
Quote:
Quote:
Would you be able to go to 45? I have to get a larger box and that's five more dollars to ship. Yep it includes everything that was already in the box plus 120 other cards.
That works. Shoot me your PP addy and I'll send payment over. Thanks! -Chad
Quote:
Quote:
$45 Paypal sent. I bought your remaining COMC stock to boot . -Chad
Sent Sunday July 8th:
Quote:
Thanks man! Will send out tomorrow!
Early this AM:
Quote:
Hey,

I'm just writing to follow-up. Do you have a ship date or DC number?

Thanks,
-Chad
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah it got shipped saturday. Sorry about that late shipment. I had to pick up the box and stuff and was fairly lazy about it. Should be ther soon though.
No problem. Just in a bit of a tigher timeframe as COMC is upping their processing fees in "a couple weeks", so I went to ship ahead of that. -Chad
The package arrives today in a small flat rate. Cards are either raw or in penny sleeves. No team bags, sandwiches or anything, with some newspaper stuffed along the edges of the box. Fortunately most cards are relatively unscathed, but I feel it's necessary to contact to seller hoping there's some realization of a mistake along the line. I wasn't really that worked up until I start getting replies.
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah I get you. It should be there soon.
Packaged received. I have a few issues.

You received an extra $5 from me because you needed to ship in a larger box which would cost you "$5 Extra". The cards were mostly shipped raw in a small flat rate box, this is not $5 extra and definitely NOT how you ship cards.

Secondly, I could have sworn there were more GUs/Autos in the original lot offering of photos in your bucket less the "Bichettes and 1 or 2 where were already sold". Lastly, don't say "at $0.50 per card, you can easily double or triple your money on COMC" when in reality, these are mostly (with the exception of the 7 shipped GU or Auto cards) $0.50-$0.75 cards on COMC at best, which would net $0.20 to $0.45 after process/shipping/cashout fees. When I'm selling, I try to underpromise and overdeliver.

It's my fault for not asking for more information on the lot, especially considering your extremely limited selling FB on these forums....and I should have detected something was up when you were asking for an extra $5 after agreeing upon terms of the sale.

Long story short, the lot's fine as I didn't ask enough information and simply put, I received what was roughly described, and I'm the fool for buying it for WAY too much money. What I'm not cool with is the packaging and $5 price markup after the fact for additional "shipping" when in this case, there was not additional shipping. Can you help clarify this?

Thanks!
-Chad
Quote:
Bubble Mailer + Shipping USPS First Class Parcel is going to run you ~$2. USPS Small Flat Rate Box is $5.35. If you were planning on doing DC, the numbers are even closer together. Also, would you have shipped these cards RAW in a bubble mailer?

Quote:
I told you there were 7 GU's and Autos and that was it. It did cost me an extra 5 to ship approx because the beginning lot was just autos and GU and a few other things which would have been in a bubble mailer. The price difference between the mailer and the box is about 5.
When did you say "7" until now? This is what you told me (below)

Quote:
The autos and relics are most of the ones in my bucket with the exception of the two bichettes that already sold and one or two others. There is about 20 or so of my nicer rookie/insert/parallel cards and the rest are numbered. I know the lowest is out of /99 and 80% of them are the ones that are gold bordered or blue bordered from update, series 1, series 2 etc. numbered out of the year.

LMK with other questions.
I'm not upset, just looking for some clarification. I didn't say you said more or less and it's my fault for not clarifying. I'm saying that you decided to ask for more money because of $3 increased freight cost after originally agreeing to terms, so you could ship me a pile of base cards I don't need and not safely package anything. If I knew the additional cards were base, I wouldn't even want them. You knew the purpose of the cards were to send into COMC. Who sends base cards into COMC?
Quote:
Quote:
And they were averaged at about .22 a card. not .50.
and your comments before....

Quote:
80 cards for 40$ is .50 a card. Double or Triple that easy on COMC. Thanks for your response!
Don't let stuffing some worthless base (and charging $5 for them) into a box scew your numbers. Of the 80 cards you refer to (the golds/blues/inserts etc.), those are the cards I'm saying are $0.50 to $0.75. The base is essentially worthless.
Quote:
Quote:
okay so its about 3.35 difference. Its like 1 dollar your whining over. There were 7 relics/autos in my bucket at the time besides the two bichettes because thats all I had.
$3.35, let alone $5 is not equal to $1...you agreed to deliver the cards for $40, then came back with "Shipping costs more" and wanted another $5 to ship me base cards.
Quote:
Lol thanks for the business. I'm not gonna fight with you.
Quote:
Quote:
3.35 is the difference in the shipping. So I asked for 5 to cover the 3 so YES it is ONE DOLLAR approx. (5-3.35) So don't come back saying that I didn't use that to cover shipping because I did. You can make 50 to 60 maybe more off those cards anyways. You'll be fine.
Do you realize that in your original thread, you had this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxe0213 View Post
***NOT 75 CARDS ANYMORE. SENDING IN 150-200. SAME PRICE!!!!!!!!!!

I am sending in a bunch of cards to COMC but I just wanted to see if you guys were interested in them first. I AM NOT GOING TO GO THROUGH AND TELL YOU EVERY CARD IN THE LOT. There are 150-200 cards including about 10 autos/relics and almost all the other cards are serial numbered. I am looking for 40$ shipped which is a hell of a deal. If you piece it out you will make at least double and probably closer to triple your money. Let me know if you are interested as I would like to ship tomorrow. Thanks.
Then you charged $5 more for less than what was advertised not to mention BS like "double or triple your money"...then you get all defensive when I ask a couple questions regarding the lot when I receive it as less than advertised in extremely poor packaging using flawed math. I'm sorry, but the packaging alone would merit a question. The few dollars is not the point. It's the way you misled, increased your price on the fly, poorly packaged the product, and then can't even admit to a mistake.
I've come to the realization that this is likely a young kid who doesn't quite have a handle on how to treat others, especially as a seller. My recommendation is to take heed when working with this particular seller. Considering the seller has relatively small feedback and has made over 30 (mostly selling) threads in the last week should have given me an idea.

-Chad

Also, sorry for the wall of text, I'm just very thorough .
Old 07-17-2012, 11:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

Sorry not reading but whats the issue? Over charge for shipping?
Old 07-17-2012, 11:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post
Sorry not reading but whats the issue? Over charge for shipping?
To be honest, that part really didn't bother me. He agreed to $40, then he asked for $45 to ship in a bigger box. I agreed. Then the cards show up almost a week late extremely poorly packaged and not completely as advertised. I ask a few questions and it's my fault for buying the lot. Apparently I should have known that not everything would be included with the package as advertised and not shipped correctly when over-paying extra to ship .
Old 07-17-2012, 11:57 PM   #4 (permalink)

I could tell right from the top that most of the "extras" were going to be base, just from the tone of the sale thread.

Terrible form on the shipping cost increase and the lack of proper packaging. How a seller can get off charging an extra $5 to "upgrade" to flat rate box with raw cards thrown in is unreal.
uberfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:07 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberfatty View Post
I could tell right from the top that most of the "extras" were going to be base, just from the tone of the sale thread.

Terrible form on the shipping cost increase and the lack of proper packaging. How a seller can get off charging an extra $5 to "upgrade" to flat rate box with raw cards thrown in is unreal.
But it's a "Hell of a deal"....I'm ebarrassed for buying it, then realizing what I got myself into. Moral of the story is to always ask for details unless it's a reputable seller. One mistake I'll never make again. By the way, more recent PMs are showing me that it's acceptable to package/ship that way.

Quote:
Quote:
Don't complain about the price if you accepted it!! #@#@#@#@ man.
You're not reading what I'm writing. I'm NOT complaining about the price, but I really want you to be aware that this kind of stuff will not fly on these forums (or anywhere for that matter) for very long. Please answer these questions for me. This is all I'm asking. Please Answer.

1. Do you find it acceptable to ship a lot of cards in a flat rate box RAW?
2. Do you find it acceptable to changes prices with the justification of covering unanticipated shipping after agreeing to original terms?
3. Did you think one could realistically "at least double or probably clower to tirple triple" their money on this lot in COMC? Or better yet, is $40 a "Hell of a Deal" for this lot?
4. Does the original advertisement list 10 GUs or Autos plus all other cards?

I can't believe how you are reacting to some very straightforward questions. I'm here to help you and future potential buyers, not eat your lunch. Mistakes happen. I made a mistake buying this lot from you, but you are apparently without flaws and I'm apparently a sucker.

Thanks,
-Chad
Quote:
1. Yes. The more valuable ones were sleeved and if they had been nicer cards wouldve been toploaded.
2. YOU ACCEPTED THE SHIPPING CHANGE. And yeah i do since it was a 4 dollar increase! and I asked for 5.
3. Yes I think you could on COMC since everything is dramatically overpriced on COMC.
4. It lists approx. 10 GU's and autos. As they were already packaged I didn't know exactly what they were. I specifically said "about" 10 gu and autos.
Again, another failure at math in #2 and a failure in counting in #4, and in his mind, he did nothing wrong.

Essentially $3 is "approximately" $5, 7 cards is "approximately" 10 cards and base cards are "approximately" serial numbered as they are part of what is "almost everything else".

Tip to all buyers:
if you see words like "approximately" or "almost everything" in a lot description, run far, far away!

Tip to lot sellers:
Use more definitive terms such as "more than" or "equal to" if counting gets to be too tedious to describe in full detail.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:19 AM   #6 (permalink)

Boy, he sounds like a pain to deal with. I thought I remember hearing negative things about him in another thread, but you just cleared it up for me. Ignore list he goes!

I do require immediate payment when selling.

Please allow 2 business days for me to ship. I greatly appreciate that.
a-train10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:33 AM   #7 (permalink)

Well if it makes you feel any better if you ever buy something from me you could let your dog chew on the package and the cards inside would stay minty fresh. I am beyond thorough
Old 07-18-2012, 01:56 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie84 View Post
1. Do you find it acceptable to ship a lot of cards in a flat rate box RAW?

1. Yes. The more valuable ones were sleeved and if they had been nicer cards wouldve been toploaded.
IMO, any card you are getting money for (no matter the price) should be considered "valuable" if it was just base then go to the local LCS and pick up some team bags at least. otherwise this proves you did not give him bang for the buck. That extra step can make you last longer around here

Last edited by briantusaf; 07-18-2012 at 02:00 AM.
briantusaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:58 AM   #9 (permalink)

Awesome Chad. If I wasn't on my phone, I'd call him out for screwing me over tonight. Long story short, agreed to a sale on a Trumbo, by he time I get home to pay, I have a pm stating that he's sold it to someone else. Kid acts in bad faith. Apparently I can make the 3rd thread of the night about how "great" he is. Just awesome.
Rossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:31 PM   #10 (permalink)

sorry it happened to you Chad! adding to my block list!

btw- i love how the first reply was "did not read..."

love that. Did not read/feel the need to comment anyway.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:11 AM   #11 (permalink)

He was busy until about 1am asking mods to delete his threads too. Classy
Rossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:28 AM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

I posted a thread about this tool a few days again. I said he was a waste of time. Not only is that the truth. He is just a flat out liar and deceiver.
Jrb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:59 AM   #13 (permalink)

hmmm...I have a deal with him that I'm currently wating on, guess I'll have to see what shows up...
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:49 PM   #14 (permalink)

Thanks guys for the feedback. I wanted to make sure I wasn't completely off my rocker getting a little worked up over this. Most people are generally easy to work with, his responses in several cases just blew my mind.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:47 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

added to ignore, thanks for the heads up although with all the crappy sellers on here about 90 % of the members will be on my ignore list if it keeps going the way it is going.
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:52 PM   #16 (permalink)

well. cards came today, all in toploaders, but not taped or team bagged so a 7 (out of 23) were out of the toploaders...1 with damaged corner, others seem ok though
Old 07-19-2012, 06:28 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacubs View Post
well. cards came today, all in toploaders, but not taped or team bagged so a 7 (out of 23) were out of the toploaders...1 with damaged corner, others seem ok though
You should send him a very polite email informing him of how to properly tape or team-bag toploaders. I am guessing he will blame you or the post office for the damage. Good luck! -Chad
Old 07-19-2012, 06:56 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie84 View Post
You should send him a very polite email informing him of how to properly tape or team-bag toploaders. I am guessing he will blame you or the post office for the damage. Good luck! -Chad
i did exactly that...only one card was damaged, and they were all low end cards, so I'm not going to raise any paypal issues...but I did pm him to say to use tape on the top loaders (i know some hate that, but I'd rather have my cards protected) or use a team bag and then tape the flap...maybe it'll help...