Blowout Cards Forums
MEM MADNESS

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2012, 06:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
omahacolts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Tx
Posts: 1,801
Default This is not a call out thread......but your input is needed

As I said in the title, this is not a call out thread by any means. I just want this out in the open just in case things take a sour turn. There is already a thread started about this in the football section, which you can find HERE


The deal he is referring to in that thread is with me. On June 18th we made a deal for 2 cards. He paid right away like he usually does. I packaged up the cards that night and sent them out the next morning as I usually do. I use paypal to print my labels because it already has all the shipping info and its just easier....and cheaper. I thought it was a done deal until he messaged me yesterday afternoon saying his warning just went off about our deal. He never received the cards and he even supplied the tracking info. I laughed about the situation and apologized and told him I would look into it and issue a refund. I thought we were good........

Until this morning when he sends me a message around 9 asking what the post office had to say. And this is exactly what I told him(which he supplied the same message in his thread)

"They said that I never should have shipped to the address you gave me because it's an unconfirmed address and this tends to happen. They also said it's suspicious that the mail went out for delivery in the area you live but then was forwarded to an address in Ohio. They said it could mean you have another address there or friend or family member. Was told they would look into it further. Should have a call later today before they close"


I didnt accuse him of anything. Never said I believed them, never said I was on their side, nothing. He went off on me saying how I accused him of stealing and then went on to say how he buys so many cards and does high end deals and wouldnt scam me over a $23 card(s). Here's the good part....while in his thread he said he wasnt going to do anything just yet, he sends me a message saying I have 24 hours to refund him his money or else he's gonna file a paypal claim. I had 2 BIG PROBLEMS WITH THAT. 1) Why not give me a day or two until the post office gets back to me to see what they said? 2) I dont take kindly to threats or ultimatums so I got pretty pissed off. I sent him his refund and told him his money was refunded. We exchanged some emails and I'll admit, I wasnt very nice but I wasnt vulgar either. In the end, I told him because of how he popped off at the mouth and said what he said, I lost a lot of respect for him and had no interest in dealing with him in the future.

Sorry for the long read, just wanted to make sure the details were mostly there. Any input?
__________________
Chasing the magic.....2009 topps magic Peyton Manning Auto
omahacolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
addicted36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 13,110
Default

Like I said in pm while you never said those things yourself to me (the post office said) you also never said you disagreed with them. I didn't do anything wrong here and only have 45 days to file a disputer and you were notified of this last week not yesterday and you promised to reply to me and didnt. Just like you don't like threats or ultimatiums I don't like someone suggesting I did a seller wrong like you said the postal service said. I didn't do anything wrong here and don't like the suggestion I did. I've done 1000+ deals and never seen anything like this but I shouldn't not have my money or the cards I purchased either. This sucks for us both and don't think its either of our faults. If you hate me because you feel I wronged you I want you to remember something. If I didn't trust you I never give you a month to get me my cards. I'm sorry this happened but I didn't cause this and I still don't know what the hell happened with those cards

My last pm to you still stands. Issues over. Go find your peace
__________________
http://s775.beta.photobucket.com/user/alexladue/library/

Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn. Don't ever worry what other people think. Damn The Hard Times. Enjoy The Good Times!

Last edited by addicted36; 07-25-2012 at 06:51 PM.
addicted36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
mmbtvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,784
Default

Have you considered MURDER?!?!?!?!?!?

she wrote. My wife used to love that show.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
tolrobb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 7,458
Default

it sucks that there's all this drama over something that is VERY likely a fault of the post office.
__________________
Bucket: http://s63.photobucket.com/albums/h157/tolrobb/For%20Sale/?start=all
Tradelist: http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/6935962-post1.html
tolrobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Ray27Ray52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Posts: 9,010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
Have you considered MURDER?!?!?!?!?!?

she wrote. My wife used to love that show.
ICWYDT. Silly goose.
__________________
Yes, I razz. That makes me the devil.
Ray27Ray52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Ray27Ray52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Posts: 9,010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolrobb View Post
it sucks that there's all this drama over something that is VERY likely a fault of the post office.

By ray27ray52 at 2012-07-25
__________________
Yes, I razz. That makes me the devil.
Ray27Ray52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
bigbensbff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 3,625
Default

Addicted I think u should explain why ur address is unconfirmed. For someone who buys so much you would think you would take the five minutes and confirm your address.

We did a deal this month and your address was confirmed then. I never ship to unconfirmed addresses and if I woulda got that warning that I was about to ship to an unconfirmed address I would've never printed the label.
__________________
PC: Steelers, Lesean Mccoy, QBs
Always Buying Football Lots, Buckets, Collections
#warned
bigbensbff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
addicted36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 13,110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolrobb View Post
it sucks that there's all this drama over something that is VERY likely a fault of the post office.
I agree. I see it from both sides and told him that. If the post office screws something up then I believe the seller has to pay for it. I know that sucks for him but I'm the buyer. We live in the same state, those cards are in ohio why I don't know. But I shouldn't pay because the post office #@#@#@#@ed up. And I know ad don't believe this is his fault and have told him so. He's pissed cause the post office screwed up. I get it but don't get the attitude drama or novels. I never mentioned this guy in my post for a reason. I don't think he did anything wrong and its a crappy situation
__________________
http://s775.beta.photobucket.com/user/alexladue/library/

Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn. Don't ever worry what other people think. Damn The Hard Times. Enjoy The Good Times!
addicted36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
omahacolts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Tx
Posts: 1,801
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbensbff View Post
Addicted I think u should explain why ur address is unconfirmed. For someone who buys so much you would think you would take the five minutes and confirm your address.

We did a deal this month and your address was confirmed then. I never ship to unconfirmed addresses and if I woulda got that warning that I was about to ship to an unconfirmed address I would've never printed the label.

I never thought to look up and see if the address was confirmed or not. Figured with him being a few hours away it was as easy as 123.

Lesson learned as a seller: only ship to confirmed addresses and take a few minutes to follow up on your deals
__________________
Chasing the magic.....2009 topps magic Peyton Manning Auto
omahacolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
addicted36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 13,110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbensbff View Post
Addicted I think u should explain why ur address is unconfirmed. For someone who buys so much you would think you would take the five minutes and confirm your address.

We did a deal this month and your address was confirmed then. I never ship to unconfirmed addresses and if I woulda got that warning that I was about to ship to an unconfirmed address I would've never printed the label.
Personal reason but I've mentioned it before, I'm going through a divorce now. What's a confirmed/unconfirmed address matter anyway? When you sell to someone on ebay it doesn't say confirmed address or whatever when you send something to somone. I fail to see how that matters or how a package mailed to texas would end up in ohio as the post office has no knowledge of what paypal knows.
__________________
http://s775.beta.photobucket.com/user/alexladue/library/

Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn. Don't ever worry what other people think. Damn The Hard Times. Enjoy The Good Times!
addicted36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
ManInTheMirror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 35,952
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted36 View Post
He's pissed cause the post office screwed up. I get it but don't get the attitude drama or novels.
It seems you were the one with the "attitude, drama or novels". You suddenly appear out of nowhere over a month later demanding things and giving a window of 24 hours even when you say he is a good seller and doing what he can. That is pretty shitty of you man. You say "it's only 20 bucks" but yet you needed that 20 bucks within 24 hours. I find it amazing that he started off this thread saying that you got your refund but I have yet to see you say thanks for that or even acknowledge it.
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
WilsonValdez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Temporarily Suspended
Posts: 9,609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolrobb View Post
it sucks that there's all this drama over something that is VERY likely a fault of the post office.
Serioiusly...I don't know who's to blame for making "drama", but can't people be rational? Does EVERYTHING have to be grounds for a public call out thread?
__________________
"I have learned over the years that when one's mind is made up, this diminshes fear." - Rosa Parks
WilsonValdez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
omahacolts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Tx
Posts: 1,801
Default

Show me where I was notified of this last week please?? Because now youre lying. I have the pm saved of where you initially made contact with me about it and it was yesterday. Give me a minute to get to my laptop and I'll copy the message directly. I hope it's able to tell date and time because that's seriously bs if you're gonna say you told me last week


Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted36 View Post
Like I said in pm while you never said those things yourself to me (the post office said) you also never said you disagreed with them. I didn't do anything wrong here and only have 45 days to file a disputer and you were notified of this last week not yesterday and you promised to reply to me and didnt. Just like you don't like threats or ultimatiums I don't like someone suggesting I did a seller wrong like you said the postal service said. I didn't do anything wrong here and don't like the suggestion I did. I've done 1000+ deals and never seen anything like this but I shouldn't not have my money or the cards I purchased either. This sucks for us both and don't think its either of our faults. If you hate me because you feel I wronged you I want you to remember something. If I didn't trust you I never give you a month to get me my cards. I'm sorry this happened but I didn't cause this and I still don't know what the hell happened with those cards

My last pm to you still stands. Issues over. Go find your peace
__________________
Chasing the magic.....2009 topps magic Peyton Manning Auto
omahacolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:07 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
addicted36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 13,110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolts View Post
I never thought to look up and see if the address was confirmed or not. Figured with him being a few hours away it was as easy as 123.

Lesson learned as a seller: only ship to confirmed addresses and take a few minutes to follow up on your deals
Look at the dc trail and what that says and the dates. Say I was shady and sent that on to a friend in ohio like the post office says. Wouldn't I say delivered to me? And for that matter why does it fall off the face of the planet for 8 days then shows a trail to ohio? If say I talked to the mailman and said send that to ohio where was the mail for 8 days? They would track it immediately not 8 days later. Confirmed or unconfirmed address doesn't address these things
__________________
http://s775.beta.photobucket.com/user/alexladue/library/

Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn. Don't ever worry what other people think. Damn The Hard Times. Enjoy The Good Times!
addicted36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:07 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
omahacolts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Tx
Posts: 1,801
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted36 View Post
I agree. I see it from both sides and told him that. If the post office screws something up then I believe the seller has to pay for it. I know that sucks for him but I'm the buyer. We live in the same state, those cards are in ohio why I don't know. But I shouldn't pay because the post office #@#@#@#@ed up. And I know ad don't believe this is his fault and have told him so. He's pissed cause the post office screwed up. I get it but don't get the attitude drama or novels. I never mentioned this guy in my post for a reason. I don't think he did anything wrong and its a crappy situation
As I told you in my message, I'm not pissed bc the cards got lost or that I'm out $23. I don't care. The fact that you gave me 24 hrs to refund after waiting over a month is what pissed me off
__________________
Chasing the magic.....2009 topps magic Peyton Manning Auto
omahacolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:09 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
bigbensbff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 3,625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted36 View Post
Personal reason but I've mentioned it before, I'm going through a divorce now. What's a confirmed/unconfirmed address matter anyway? When you sell to someone on ebay it doesn't say confirmed address or whatever when you send something to somone. I fail to see how that matters or how a package mailed to texas would end up in ohio as the post office has no knowledge of what paypal knows.
It does say confirmed address on eBay. And if you try to print a label, you get a warning just like you do in PayPal shipping.

It matters because no seller can ship you something and have any type of seller protection. The warning also states this.
__________________
PC: Steelers, Lesean Mccoy, QBs
Always Buying Football Lots, Buckets, Collections
#warned
bigbensbff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:13 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
addicted36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 13,110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolts View Post
As I told you in my message, I'm not pissed bc the cards got lost or that I'm out $23. I don't care. The fact that you gave me 24 hrs to refund after waiting over a month is what pissed me off
Ok I get that and my time was off on this. Your message pissed me off. We both got hot heads in this and I appreciate you refunding me. I'm sorry this happened. The reason I said I was gonna do that soon was because of the paypal dispute time issue. I explained that to you. Waiting could have hurt me. I take that time limit paypal gives you serious
__________________
http://s775.beta.photobucket.com/user/alexladue/library/

Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn. Don't ever worry what other people think. Damn The Hard Times. Enjoy The Good Times!

Last edited by addicted36; 07-25-2012 at 07:18 PM.
addicted36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:15 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
addicted36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 13,110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolts View Post
Show me where I was notified of this last week please?? Because now youre lying. I have the pm saved of where you initially made contact with me about it and it was yesterday. Give me a minute to get to my laptop and I'll copy the message directly. I hope it's able to tell date and time because that's seriously bs if you're gonna say you told me last week
Your right it wasn't last week. Got confused there. Was an honest mistake sorry
__________________
http://s775.beta.photobucket.com/user/alexladue/library/

Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn. Don't ever worry what other people think. Damn The Hard Times. Enjoy The Good Times!
addicted36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:16 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
addicted36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 13,110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbensbff View Post
It does say confirmed address on eBay. And if you try to print a label, you get a warning just like you do in PayPal shipping.

It matters because no seller can ship you something and have any type of seller protection. The warning also states this.
I've sold at least 1000 cards on ebay and never seen that before.
__________________
http://s775.beta.photobucket.com/user/alexladue/library/

Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn. Don't ever worry what other people think. Damn The Hard Times. Enjoy The Good Times!
addicted36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:29 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
bigbensbff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 3,625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted36 View Post
I've sold at least 1000 cards on ebay and never seen that before.
So have I and I've seen it around 5 times. Once on a deal here. That should tell you how rare it is for someone to have an unconfirmed address.
__________________
PC: Steelers, Lesean Mccoy, QBs
Always Buying Football Lots, Buckets, Collections
#warned
bigbensbff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:56 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
bigzig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Indy
Posts: 6,192
Default

I know I'm no big shot around here, but I'd vouch for Martin (omahacolts) any day of the week. we've completed several mid-high end deals without a hitch. His word is gold to me.
If there ever was a problem I'm sure he would fix it. I understand timing for Paypal issues, but flying off the handle solves nothing. Definitely not when it is an obvious PO issue.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:16 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
HighEndHits's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,507
Default

Don't want to be involved in this, but any chance, addicted36, that your ex had the mail forwarded?

Just as an aside note, the USPS has been horrible lately. I am in NJ and had a package sent from Cali go to Mass to NH and now it's on it's way to NJ, finally!
__________________
Football - Collecting Colin Kaepernick!!!
Baseball - Collecting Lucas Giolito and Michael Taylor!!!
HighEndHits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:35 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
KevJo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 5,085
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbensbff View Post
So have I and I've seen it around 5 times. Once on a deal here. That should tell you how rare it is for someone to have an unconfirmed address.
I have also had this and have an auto accept or deny on non confirmed address payments. You stated your going through some personal stuff, wish you the best with that. But are you saying because of your personal matter that every Seller that sends a package to your non confirmed address should be SOL if something happens and they have no claim as they shipped to a non confirmed address. He was waiting on word from the P.O., why not wait until you hear back from him with word. Dropping the ultimatum of 24 hours, it was rash. He was doing his best to find out what happened.

Kevin
__________________
#ConnorStrong
KevJo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:26 PM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
Srt42004n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 17,699
Default

If you smelllllllllllllllll, what the post office is cooking!
__________________
If I make an offer it is valid for 12 hours. Please understand the reasoning that I want to buy without hassles.
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:36 PM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
pmannings#1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,397
Default

I don't know man but I sold to addicted36 & sent through paypal without any problems at all.
__________________
Trade/Sell list
http://southernsportscards.webs.com/
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.