Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2012, 03:27 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by refuse24 View Post
I was expecting a counter and didn't happen and that was my point in question.
That's a big part of the problem right there. "Expecting" a counter-offer.

Honestly, if that offer had come in on one of my items, it would have been auto-rejected with no counter-offer (automatically by Ebay), and I'd never have seen the offer to begin with.
MasterOfTheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:08 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfTheDark View Post
That's a big part of the problem right there. "Expecting" a counter-offer.

Honestly, if that offer had come in on one of my items, it would have been auto-rejected with no counter-offer (automatically by Ebay), and I'd never have seen the offer to begin with.
BINGO you just nailed it on the 2nd part of your question.

Auto-Rejection

You have to love this option.
refuse24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:19 PM   #28 (permalink)

If people want to put me on there no sale list because of this go ahead.Doesn't bother me at all.

I am not made of money but I have the money to burn if I choose to.I just do my research very well before I commit to a purchase.

I don't blame some sellers filling for offers.I guess it's the nature of the "Beast"...Maybe some don't really want to sell because there's a upside to the player.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:43 PM   #29 (permalink)

So this seller is not willing to sell at your offer so hes greedy and a jerk? Why does everyone seem to be under the impression that someone has to sell at ebay prices.I dont have to do anything.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:37 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
If people want to put me on there no sale list because of this go ahead.Doesn't bother me at all.

I am not made of money but I have the money to burn if I choose to.I just do my research very well before I commit to a purchase.

I don't blame some sellers filling for offers.I guess it's the nature of the "Beast"...Maybe some don't really want to sell because there's a upside to the player.
So you are a baller and a lowballer at the same time?
Old 07-27-2012, 09:32 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
So you are a baller and a lowballer at the same time?
See that's the problem some sellers are always expecting top dollar.Which is fine in there eyes.

I have seen there are ups and downs with this method.The seller sometimes will sit in items for year if not more.

The card is there's and they can do with what they want it with.It's kinda like going to a Card Show and seeing the same dealers trying to unload cards that are way overpriced waiting for somebody that has no knowledge of the card to buy it

Then you go back months later and same cards there sitting on are the same 1's from last show.

Why dealers sit on cards when they go to these shows is behind me.If there not selling boxes and just mainly have show cases.How the heck are they making money.

To answer you question if I play ball and Low ball people is incorrect...I do my research and follow products and players and I see patterns start to form.The only time you see increase on cards going up if it's somebody that is hot.But 9 out of 10 times once 1 or 2 show up they start to decline.

I see it all the time...Members giving advise to other members to sell a card asp once the product is live.Sell now or trying to be 1 of the first to get a auction to close.

The the bottom line is Patience and that's something I have.

Again if the seller doesn't want to sell they don't have to.There has to be give and take.Just because somebody sells a card for 300.00 doesn't mean the next 1 will and alot of times they don't.

When things happen like this I just do the simple thing and move on.Spend my money on something else and it's that simple.

If people want to sit on cards and hope for there profit will increase then it's on them.

Sometimes it works and other times you get burnt.

Last edited by refuse24; 07-27-2012 at 09:41 PM.
Old 07-28-2012, 06:58 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Half in my book is a start and that is how I handle my auctions.I don't see where it was a low ball offer.

The last 1 sold....The seller got lucky and that's it.The player in question hit a walk off HR coming back from the DL.

To honest with you I bet the next 1 sells for around 120 if that.I have been following this player for over a year.

It was 1 of those luck things for the seller and that's it.
so you can see the future? wow very nice Then wait until it sells for 120 and then offer 100 Let the seller sell for whatever he wants to and 95% of sellers will not counter a 1/2 of asking, screams low baller and a waste of time.
Old 07-28-2012, 07:09 PM   #33 (permalink)

There is a few people in this thread that needs to seriously go get laid. You can pay for it or not....just go do it!