Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2012, 08:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Hate to do it, but calling out john7240

So I made a deal with this member a month ago and have had many struggles with him. The deal was that I would send out 40 paypal Leonard hankerson contenders sp and a Royster crown auto /10 for a cam/blaine gabbert dual inception auto.

Well I sent the payment immediately and was told by him that he would need a couple of days to ship the card. I pmed him a week later and asked if he shipped my card and he told me yes. I then shipped out my cards and all was well.

After another week I still had not gotten my card, so I pmed him again and asked him what was up. He told me that his girlfriend was supposed to ship them and she had not. He then apologized and said he could give me a full refund or ship my card out overnight. I told him I still wanted the card and to ship overnight is a waist and just to ship out my card next day with a DC. He agreed to this and I thought all ways well again.

After another week I still did not get my card or a dc from him. I contacted him again this time getting frustrated and told him if he did not send my card immediately and do something else he would get a negative. He replied how much paypal extra do you want and I told him $25 more for my troubles (I know I made a mistake and should have just asked for the card). He said it would be done.

That takes us today a month later and I still have not gotten or heard anything from him. I'm getting really annoyed and now he is not online anymore. I really did not want to post this, but I thought it was necessary and I needed to vent.

Last edited by efish44; 08-01-2012 at 08:58 PM.
efish44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Is this member from New York or collect jets...if so hit me up..I might be able to help out
saintsfan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:12 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan67 View Post
Is this member from New York or collect jets...if so hit me up..I might be able to help out
Uh oh, Kev's about to go on a rampage!!!!!!
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:14 PM   #4 (permalink)

Isn't this the same dude that did the quick sale a few weeks back that people haven't gotten their cards for as well?

Edit- Yup, it's the same guy. Take a look at this thread...

Huge Quicksale Tonight low-mid-high end

What's ironic is that I messaged him during his quicksale to let him know about a member that was trying to buy some items from him(smkelly) who has since been banned. I tried to get him a heads up that the guy probably wouldn't pay. Ironic indeed.

Last edited by Ray27Ray52; 08-01-2012 at 09:21 PM.
Ray27Ray52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:22 PM   #5 (permalink)

Uh oh.

I've done a few deals with him in the past and never had a problem but who knows man.

Sorry to hear about this.
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

ha! he's selling the OP's royster in the quick sale thread! drop the ban hammer!
sunsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:33 PM   #7 (permalink)

Ra ro shaggy
Old 08-01-2012, 09:34 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan8 View Post
ha! he's selling the OP's royster in the quick sale thread! drop the ban hammer!
Oh wow, I didn't even catch that. Curiouser and curiouser.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:39 PM   #9 (permalink)

I did not even see the thread. I did see though that he also has a group break and has yet to ship their cards out. http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/a...all-break.html

I really hope he can settle all of this because I do not want to leave my first ever neg.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by efish44 View Post
I did not even see the thread. I did see though that he also has a group break and has yet to ship their cards out. http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/a...all-break.html

I really hope he can settle all of this because I do not want to leave my first ever neg.
leave the neg now! this dude is screwing you and deserves to be punished
Old 08-01-2012, 09:44 PM   #11 (permalink)

So now this is three sets of people he has in limbo currently? The op, group break, and a quick sale? Tis not looking good at all.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Last edited by sunsfan8; 08-02-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:52 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
leave the neg now! this dude is screwing you and deserves to be punished
I will give him one more day to see if this thread will do anything, if not I will leave the neg file a claim and sadly eat the losses on the cards I gave him.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:02 PM   #14 (permalink)

I am part of the quick sale thread as well. Have 90 I paid him. But I have dealed with him in the past and they have been flawless and I honestly believe he isn't out to scam anybody and may just e extremely busy but I do agree he should have at least taken a couple minutes to tell everyone. He also told me he was shipping a week ago from yesterday and I have yet to receive. I did follow a claim as it is too
Much money to play with but I am hoping he comes and clears everything up
Old 08-01-2012, 11:17 PM   #15 (permalink)

I was part of the quicksale too, luckily only $30. I already escalated the claim and now he has stopped communicating with the guy who took over his break as well.

He claimed to me it was all because of his "ex girlfriend" and that he would ship or refund. At the time (7/22) I asked him to ship. Still never got anything and no proof. I don't care what he does for work, the only excuse at this point is a true emergency involving life and limb.

Last edited by jnorlund; 08-02-2012 at 09:33 AM.
jnorlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:44 AM   #16 (permalink)

He joined my group break and of course payment time came and asked him for it. Got the, ill send tonight, two weeks later he got the boot. Pure joke.
Oilngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:37 PM   #17 (permalink)

i've spoken with him plenty in the past and he seemed a stand up guy. He is some sort of fisherman for a living, which takes him off the coast and out of cell range for a good chunk of time. I never got the "scam" feeling while talking to him.

while it doesn't excuse everything he's done or failed to do recently, he could just be extremely busy because business IRL is booming.

to sunsfan: not a fan of leaving a member's email address out in the open. I would suggest editing your post and hitting the OP with a pm. It's just common courtesy in my opinion. I wouldn't want my email to be pasted over the boards should a deal go sour sometime.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:14 PM   #18 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
i've spoken with him plenty in the past and he seemed a stand up guy. He is some sort of fisherman for a living, which takes him off the coast and out of cell range for a good chunk of time. I never got the "scam" feeling while talking to him.

while it doesn't excuse everything he's done or failed to do recently, he could just be extremely busy because business IRL is booming.

to sunsfan: not a fan of leaving a member's email address out in the open. I would suggest editing your post and hitting the OP with a pm. It's just common courtesy in my opinion. I wouldn't want my email to be pasted over the boards should a deal go sour sometime.
well on my part it didn't take much detective work it's just on his case break thread out in the open but i'll delete it
Old 08-02-2012, 02:57 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
well on my part it didn't take much detective work it's just on his case break thread out in the open but i'll delete it
yeah it may not be much of a secret, but advertising it could be a bad idea. anyway, I'm sure he'll appreciate you editing your post.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:15 PM   #20 (permalink)

Thank you for the post with the email, but I think it is best to delete it like you did and what clarka said. I might be able to use it though, so thank you for pointing it out and I will check on his thread when I need it.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:18 PM   #21 (permalink)

He got me for $20 on his quicksales too. It might be a good idea to post his PayPal addy just in case he tries to come back under a different name. He really didn't seem like a scammer but he's got a lot of ppl's money tied up between the group break and the quicksale. I still have a little hope he'll come through but it dwindles day by day.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:22 AM   #22 (permalink)

I'm in his GB and highly doubt he's trying to scam anyone. When we last heard from him work was still crazy and now that Clarka mentioned him being a fisherman for a living it makes more sense to me and definitely removes any scammer thoughts from my mind.

Is a neg warranted for those of you waiting on cards ,possibly, but wouldn't call the guy a scammer. If that's the case i highly doubt he would have taken the time to order our boxes and live stream the break if he was truly out to scam anyone. A scammer would've ran with the money. Not to mention that huge pull we had in our first months break . Tom Brady GS Rings Signature Auto Diamond /5 Redemption He would've been ghost with that is he were a scammer.

Hope everyone comes out okay from this unfortunate situation.

Last edited by iBLeeDBaTTLeReD; 08-03-2012 at 06:27 AM.
iBLeeDBaTTLeReD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:10 AM   #23 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post

why? i post mine all the time, not like someone is going to steal my bank account info just cause my email is public. He has not been online since 7/24/12, so if emailing him can bring a resolution I am all for posting someone's email.

Also if paypal was involved in deal, OP should have his email anyway
Razorsharp79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:35 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorsharp79 View Post
why? i post mine all the time, not like someone is going to steal my bank account info just cause my email is public. He has not been online since 7/24/12, so if emailing him can bring a resolution I am all for posting someone's email.

Also if paypal was involved in deal, OP should have his email anyway
eh, it's like posting somebody's facebook account. 90% percent of us would look at it and that would be it, but that 10% would do something mean or hurtful, and we're still not "sure" if he is even scamming or just uber work busy.

that's all I was trying to say. once somebody is proven a scam artist, I'm all for having an email addy in a public place to defend against a new account being created.

in any event, I'll give the dude a call and leave him a vm for y'all. forgot I had his number

Old 08-03-2012, 12:11 PM   #25 (permalink)
Banned

My buddy who isn't on the forums bought something frrom his quick sale and still hasn't received
mikecancelliere is offline   Reply With Quote