Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2012, 01:47 AM   #26 (permalink)

Point blank you should know how to ship a item before you try to sell it. OP's thread is a warning to all about this seller. Nothing wrong at all in my eyes.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:48 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxbust421 View Post
I see where this is going guys. Speculate and investigate as much as you all would like. I knew some of what needed to happen but not all as far as shipping goes.I've never done a deal to this extent. Call me ignorant if you will. I've had a long day and I'm more than happy to hop back in here and talk when I'm not drained or busy. I'll step back in here tomorrow. What's done is done. I think I've made it clear I'm not going to do anything I don't want to do. That's why I still have the card and that's why I now have 1 negative.
This seems like a reasonable response to me. At least you didn't leave retaliatory feedback, or start name calling. Yeah it sucks what you did regardless of the reasons, but at least you have handled yourself well.

Currently hoarding mountains of cards that I should be trading.
lemur01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:38 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
The bottom line is this. A paypal address was exchanged, a deal was agreed upon and payment was sent. How is that not a deal? If thats not a finalized deal then please tell me what is. And someone calling the op a whiner is pretty ridiculous. He kept his end of the deal here and he is getting grief for it. You guys are clowns who have no idea of how to conduct business and thats why this board gets harder and harder to deal on. I dont even have an answer or thought for the people believing this was not a finalized deal. Payment was sent ,that makes the deal final. If the seller was not sure about doing the deal then that should have been 100% stated up front. Not afterwards. Unreal. Do you think it was an easy decision for the op to send 400 dollars to someone with 17 feedback? I will assume it was not but he kept his word and paid anyway.
Bingo!
You agreed on the deal, he sent the money. Its your job to send the card. Ive done quite a few 200+ deals and some over 500+. You just have to follow the proper steps and you will be fine. To be completely honest it sounds more like sellers remorse, then you not knowing. Cause its not hard to be like hey what do i need to do for this. And like said above, OP has the right to be like this, if i spent 400 bucks and than out of nowhere refunded to find out the deal was shot. I would be pretty ticked.
But do i think the seller is a bad person, no. Just follow better steps next time or dont put cards up for sale if you arent 100% sure you want get rid of.
Cause if your your going to pass it down to your son, there is alot of emotional attachment. Thats why i think sellers remorse.
Oilngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:40 AM   #29 (permalink)

Well, at least he refunded the money instead of keeping the money and not responding to several pm's
Copeskey45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:50 AM   #30 (permalink)
Banned

Since you guys are okay and giving a pass to him for refunding the money, I have no issues selling you guys a card, holding your money (using it to short sell other cards to make money). Never sending you the card and then refunding you when I see fit. Sound good? I mean If I refund you, everything is good right? LOL great logic.

Oh yea, also add in the excuse to legitimize everything by saying 'i just didnt feel comfy"
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:24 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrOswalt View Post
plain and simple youre whiny and i wont be dealing with you.
Can you put me on ignore too and promise never to deal with me? Thanks.

Seller remorse more than anything else going on here.
SandersAD#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:47 PM   #32 (permalink)

another one bites the dust (on my ignore list).

and i found something funny while looking at quoted messages following an ignored poster: each person already on my ignore list was trying to defend the seller. looks like I chose well when I ignored some folk!

seller deserves a neg or neutral as the buyer sees fit in my opinion. he made the deal, took the cash, and then decided to refund (which was at least a positive), but still backed out of a deal.

we hold buyers to a standard that "i'll take it" means they'll pay, why not hold sellers to a "we have a deal" means they'll ship after payment.

and fyi, those that mentioned sig confirmation and insurance had it right about covering your ass as a seller.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:36 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post

and i found something funny while looking at quoted messages following an ignored poster: each person already on my ignore list was trying to defend the seller. looks like I chose well when I ignored some folk!

seller deserves a neg or neutral as the buyer sees fit in my opinion. he made the deal, took the cash, and then decided to refund (which was at least a positive), but still backed out of a deal.

we hold buyers to a standard that "i'll take it" means they'll pay, why not hold sellers to a "we have a deal" means they'll ship after payment.

and fyi, those that mentioned sig confirmation and insurance had it right about covering your ass as a seller.
Sounds like your just a class act on here all of a sudden... must have found god with your Mr. Goodguy hat, and your fanny pack of ignored users.
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:55 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post
Sounds like your just a class act on here all of a sudden... must have found god with your Mr. Goodguy hat, and your fanny pack of ignored users.
i wasn't aware that I have been anything other than a class act on here.

nice thread hijack.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:59 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
i wasn't aware that I have been anything other than a class act on here.

nice thread hijack.
Save the crap if im on your ignore list why bother taking me off to see what i post...

Its funny to all of a sudden see a member who wasnt that big of a poster is one area begin to post heavily such as member feedback section.
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:01 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:

Agreed 100%. I've seen members get neg'd for not following thru with payment in quick sales threads, this is the same case just on the flip side.

IMO I believe the "passing it down to my son" crap is a cop out. He has yet to mention anything about any sentimental value for the card, just keeps saying he was scared and didn't know how to ship. Weak move bringing the kid into it to get some kind of sympathy for backing out of a deal.

Last edited by iBLeeDBaTTLeReD; 08-03-2012 at 06:04 AM.
iBLeeDBaTTLeReD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:24 AM   #37 (permalink)
Banned

Shipping high end card is not rocket science. Add insurance and SC, and to protect yourself even more use a box not a mailer for added protection with plenty of padding or filler.

Deal is a deal, and the OP has every right to voice his opinion.
Razorsharp79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:43 AM   #38 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrOswalt View Post
plain and simple youre whiny and i wont be dealing with you.
LOL....Wait till something happens with you...With your 1 Itrader..I would not even post in here...OP has a legit complaint and accused has stated his case...NUFF said
saintsfan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:06 PM   #39 (permalink)

I love this place so much.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:02 PM   #40 (permalink)

Man, I am really amazed that people are supporting this boxbust guy. Sounds like he clearly renegged on the deal and his excuse "I didn't want to ship something so valuable", doesn't even make sense....what did you expect when you made the deal? Were you going to hand deliver it?

Anyway, at least you admit it, but that negative was well deserved.
Old 08-03-2012, 04:39 PM   #41 (permalink)

Right? how isn't this guy in the wrong. Why are people saying this is okay and he did nothing wrong? Don't sell the card in the first place if you don't feel ok sending it.. Plan and simple a neg needed dropped on this guy and the thread was indeed warranted.

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
DanShakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 04:44 PM   #42 (permalink)

Yea, the whole he refunded so he did nothing wrong is pretty lame. These are probably the same people who think everyone should get a participation ribbon. What happen to us? Society is getting soft.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:00 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
Yea, the whole he refunded so he did nothing wrong is pretty lame. These are probably the same people who think everyone should get a participation ribbon. What happen to us? Society is getting soft.
I never claimed it was right. I realize it questions my integrity with not following thru on a deal. I'd love for this thread to stay at the top all weekend long so whoever feels like they would never want to deal with me can go ahead and add me to their ignore list and we can all move on. I ask everyone to please block me now if you think I am a tool and do not want to ever deal with me based on this transaction I bounced on. I can also tell everyone that I'll never sell a higher end card because of what took place. I'd rather keep it low-mid.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:29 PM   #44 (permalink)

don't be surprised if you don't sell any low-mid end either, as if you can't follow through on a "higher" end sale, all of a sudden you can't follow through on a mid-lower end sale. I get the sense you had seller's remorse in having sold the card, plain and simple.
Quote:
I never claimed it was right. I realize it questions my integrity with not following thru on a deal. I'd love for this thread to stay at the top all weekend long so whoever feels like they would never want to deal with me can go ahead and add me to their ignore list and we can all move on. I ask everyone to please block me now if you think I am a tool and do not want to ever deal with me based on this transaction I bounced on. I can also tell everyone that I'll never sell a higher end card because of what took place. I'd rather keep it low-mid.

I'M NOT A SV TRADER OR SV SELLER.
ft28jags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:46 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ft28jags View Post
don't be surprised if you don't sell any low-mid end either, as if you can't follow through on a "higher" end sale, all of a sudden you can't follow through on a mid-lower end sale. I get the sense you had seller's remorse in having sold the card, plain and simple.
You can say what you want. You're entitled to that and it's no sweat off my balls. As much as people scam and get scammed, I just don't want to take that chance on something that is worth that much. I won't put myself in that position. It would be a big hit on me if I ended up selling something for alot and something went south and I was out that much money. 5, 10 or even 20 dollars would piss me off, but it wouldn't be devastating. I know I look like an ass for putting the card up and then selling and refunding and backing out. I changed my mind. What can I say?
Old 08-04-2012, 05:51 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
You can say what you want. You're entitled to that and it's no sweat off my balls. As much as people scam and get scammed, I just don't want to take that chance on something that is worth that much. I won't put myself in that position. It would be a big hit on me if I ended up selling something for alot and something went south and I was out that much money. 5, 10 or even 20 dollars would piss me off, but it wouldn't be devastating. I know I look like an ass for putting the card up and then selling and refunding and backing out. I changed my mind. What can I say?
Again this is what the insurance is for.
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:22 PM   #47 (permalink)

Was it over when the germans bombed pearl harbor!?!!??
NonSportsCardForum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:37 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Then why did you put it up for sale then?
Old 08-04-2012, 06:49 PM   #49 (permalink)

You have 290 feedback on eBay. I'm confident you know the deal in how to buy trade or sell. You had sellers remorse. To hell with all the "scamming" talk. You didn't want to sell plain and simple or you got a higher offer. Either way good luck with your trading and selling on here.
Quote:

I'M NOT A SV TRADER OR SV SELLER.
ft28jags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:02 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Has no one ever in all of their existence changed their mind on something? Christ, you guys(and gals) are ridiculous when it comes to your questions. I didn't get a better deal. I didn't attempt to execute a scam. I just changed my mind and didn't go thru with the deal. Really simple. I threw it out there to Peekaboo and his 600 feedback. Then, enters whatever his name is with his 20 feedback asking if it's still available. I said sure. I was game. Deal happened, money sent, almost ready to leave for the post office and here it is fellas..... Wait for it.......... I changed my mind. You can say it's his card because he paid. I say it's mine until it leaves my hands. I refunded dude as soon as I got home from work so his money was not in my account any longer than it had to be. I told him why after I refunded. Everyone is asking the same question--Why did you put it up for sale? I am not f*cking perfect. That's all I got guys. I'm not going to scheme up an elaborate plan to convince everyone that I had a legitimate excuse for not selling. I believe in posession being 9/10's of the law and #@#@#@#@. That's why I gave his money back first and explained second. It was wrong for me to hold onto his money any longer when I decided I was going to keep the card. I could have easily made myself invisible from this place and ignore everyone and keep the payment and money. I may have been wrong for backing out but I'm alot classier than I appear on this forum right now.